MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs, CO

In a big retirement city, there are only 3 quality senior living places, McKenzie Place is the best of the 3. Well designed and executed, it also gives you more options than any other final resting place. If it comes to that, this our best choice. [Name removed]l

[Name removed] sat down with us and recorded Mom likes, where she was from and what she can and cannot do. We decided that assisted living would be best for her. We had our tour and [name removed] knew all the resident's name and employees names and greeted them all. The place is very elegant. We tried lunch and it was very good. I liked that Mom could eat in several different places if she liked. I know they would check on her and assist her to get to know her way around and assess her capabilities. People were coming and going, classes were being given, and lot of activity.

Great place to live

Mackenzie Place is AMAZING. The Food, the Staff and the Building are all 5 stars. The staff is the most caring around. They care about the residents. They are amazing. If you have any concerns about the food stop by for lunch. This is where I want to live when I am ready.

[name removed\ was delightful--professional, competent, and very likable. The tour was excellent; he answered all of my questions and showed me two different apartment layouts. Definitely considering this community when it comes time to move (in 2022).

We Are As Happy As We Could Be

Everything is great about MacKenzie Place. The apartments are wonderful, open, airy, and full of light, the food is great, and the staff is very pleasant and smiley. They have so many activities; exercise classes, cards, games; anything you could think of, it’s here. Possibly the best reason to be here is that it’s close to our children. We are as happy as we could be. I’d certainly recommend MacKenzie Place.

Beautiful Community

This was another beautiful community that my father and I were deciding on where to go while touring other locations. They have Broadmoor chefs that create great food, they have a very upscale feeling with the environment, and they also have personal trainers onsite.

Terrific

I recently toured MacKenzie Place, and I found it to be a terrific lace. It has a pool, a gym, and various other things available to the residents that are really not standard to these places. It’s a really well-kept place in a beautiful location.

Nice but to far

This community is nice and clean. The staff was helpful when I asked questions. The ground were nice and they had nice activities. We didn't choose this one due to the distance, to far for us.

Mom is loving it!!

My mom has recently made the move into this community and so far she is loving it. I am so impressed with the staff and how easy the transition was for my mother in her new living environment. She has been participating in a lot of the activities with the other residents and making many friends. My mom has enjoyed the dinning experience as well as the tasty meals they have been providing her. Overall it has been a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Brand new!

I went to tour this facility as well, and it was a good experience. The reason I chose another place was location, but this community was new and decorated very nicely.

Independent Tour for Care

I toured this community for an independent living for a family. The staff was understanding the needs that I wanted for my mom. I found them to be nice and able to answer the questions I had. The community was clean and had a nice feeling. The list of activities was a good variety. The menu was nice and the community was clean. I suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

My father is having the time of his life at Mackenzie Place! He moved in fall of 2015 & could not be move pleased. The employees, the facility, the food, the activities are all first class.

The people we met on our tour were nice!!

This community is beautiful. It is nicer than the community we chose but it did not offer the assistance that my sister required. This community is more for independent living. This community is a higher cost.

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for the great review and feedback about our community. We’re really proud of our building so thank you for noticing that it’s one of the nicest in the area. I’m sorry we were not able to meet your sister’s needs. But don’t let the building fool you. We do offer exceptional assisted living services for people needing just a little care or a lot of care. We also have a wonderfully caring memory care unit that provides for people with various kinds of dementia in a secure environment. If you think your sister might benefit from one of these settings, please feel free to contact me directly. With regards, Joshua Thomas | General Manager

Cruise ship Living

The choice to have our family member move from his home to assisted living, was one of the hardest choices we've had to make. To be honest, It's hard to say who the choice was harder on. He had made it clear from day one, that his independence and privacy was paramount to his comfort. He had also ALWAYS told us how he absolutely NEVER wanted to "go into a nursing home". We felt like in a way, we would be failing on our end if we couldn't give him the care that he needed.

We contacted several locations and checked reviews, safety records, health department records and did visual inspections for various locations. Then we contacted a service that helps narrow down your choice based on your needs and wants, and they set up appointments for you! Based on our needs, Mackenzie Place was one of them they recommended. We had already seen some of their reviews and we were not able to find any reviews stating less than excellent. When we were contacted by Mackenzie Place they were sincere, professional, and funny! Their representative, Mark, was flexible when we had to change the appointment and sugested that with all we had going on, that we should let them serve us an amazing lunch to let us sample their food and give us a break from cooking and catering to someone else.
When we arrived we were so impressed! The inside is more what you would expect to see in an Aspen ski lodge as opposed to a traditional assisted living facility. We were welcomed and greeted by residents and employees alike. When we arrived there was a poker game going on in the bar, some ladies returning from shopping at the mall, another couple of ladies talking about their trip to the salon upstairs.... It was fantastic! The focus was clearly on living here, and living well!
Mark greeted us and introduced us to several other guests and employees, then suggested that we have lunch, talk and relax a bit then go on a tour. For lunch we had saffron seared scallops, delicious salads, and steaks. The atmosphere was an upscale restaurant.
While Mark was talking to us he was just talking, not selling anything. He asked lots of questions about our family, told us about his, told us about some of the guests and their families and cracked some jokes. This luncheon was just about relaxing and enjoying the food and atmosphere.
During the tour we were "wowed" with all of the daily activities available; poker, bingo, movies in the movie theater, salon, library, gift shop, game rooms, some ladies were knitting in one of the rooms, there was an exercise room and pool- and they have 85% of their residents that are involved in their physical fitness program. There were something like 26 floor plans to choose from....
Fast forward a couple of months and our family member has been delighted there! He is quite the gambler, has made some friends and he loves the food every meal. He chooses from eating at any of the three restaurants / areas or has it delivered to his apartment. His apartment is super clean, his laundry is taken care of for him every week, and the staff have become friends. He can't get over how nice everyone is, and he is constantly heard telling his outside friends that this place is the Cadillac of places. He feels like he is living the way people only dream to live.
From my perspective, Mackenzie Place, has surpassed my expectations and any expectations I didn't think to have. I equate it to cruise ship living. The facility is awesome, the food is fantastic, but truly as always it all comes down to the people. It's the staff at Mackenzie Place that make it what it is. They are ALL so genuinely friendly and caring. They are professional with the way they do their jobs, represent themselves and their company. They are the cream of the crop.

Traci Kuster

Thank you Suzanne! You put a smile on a lot of faces around here with your kind words about our team and your loved one’s experience at MacKenzie Place. We try really hard to positively impact the lives of everyone we are in contact with, so it’s especially nice to hear when we have made a significant difference in one of our resident’s quality life. Thanks again! - Joshua Thomas, General Manager

Helpful staff

This is a nice facility that is clean and well maintained. The staff is helpful and attentive to the residents. There are plenty of activities and the residents seem happy and well groomed. Overall, we have had a pleasant experience so far.

Traci Kuster

I just saw your review and it made my day! It means a lot to the staff and me that you took the time to share your experience at MacKenzie Place. Our staff are caring, compassionate and fun people who love what they do. We would love to see you again soon! – Joshua Thomas, General Manager

Very nice and homey feel!

the thing I like about it is that it has a very homey feel but has all the services/care.

Mom Is In Heaven!

We moved my other in to MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs and she is absolutely in heaven! She has made friends, is very active (more so than she has been in a very long time), is always smiling, etc.

In fact, I just visited mom and she talked our ears off for a solid hour about how wonderful the place is and how happy she is there. It has been a simply wonderful experience!

It has really been just incredibly pleasant!

Olivia Drury

That’s wonderful to hear and so uplifting to all of the staff at Colorado Springs! We love what we do and our hope is that we can enrich the lives of our residents and their families… even in the smallest of ways. Thank you for entrusting us with your Mother!

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. The staff is friendly, and they keep it clean there. It's a little expensive, but they do such a good job. They are very responsive. They have great activities, and the food is good. I don't really have any complaints or things I would like to see done better.

Taking Care of the Whole Family

Making the decision for my father to go to a Memory Care Unit was not fun or enjoyable. Barb at MacKenzie Place was very helpful, professional and took some of the fear, and weight off of a decision no one "wants" to make. The place is clean, the staff very friendly and knowledgable and they all seem to take of the family as well as the resident.

My step mother choose this ...

My step mother choose this place as she has friends here and she had been here before, she did not look at any other place. She was unaware that I had contacted A place for Mom.

Very very nice place but it...

Very very nice place but it will be too big and overwhelming for my mom. we would be paying more for the bells and whistles that we don't need. sales lady didn't ask me a lot of questions about our needs; mostly sold the beautiful place which had a lot of very fine services.

Exceptional Staff and Food

We really liked them. We would have liked my in-laws to go there but they didn't feel that they could make friends there. I liked the cleanliness and the offerings that they had - not so much scheduled activities but anytime activities. I liked their staff and of course their food was exceptional. I think that as far as their level of care, I'm finding that they’re all pretty much comparable. They didn’t stand out there but the facility itself and the rooms were great.

Loved it. Loved The director. This wo...

Loved it. Loved The director. This would pass my Mom's "ambience" hurdle. Whole different feel from Palisades, and more expensive too. Quite a bit more than the $2500 we discussed, more like $3500. It is good to know such a lovely place exists, and the location is so convenient to Garden of the Gods. The view ain't bad either. They all sell what they have, but it is impressive there.

Nice location, across from park. resi...

Nice location, across from park. residents were happy and engaged, active. felt very comfortable. Not gated which is disappointing

Good services, close by, tiny apartme...

Good services, close by, tiny apartments, no full kitchens.

loved the activities and common areas...

loved the activities and common areas, especially pool, theater, park down the street. Good memory care option for mom when necessary. Cost may be an issue. Weighing options now.

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Colorado Springs, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo or the historic Broadmoor Hotel, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite mountain resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. From golfing to hiking, fishing, and more, there's something to do year round at MacKenzie Place. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

And with three living choices, there's something for everyone. If you're 55 or older, The Cottages offer a purchase opportunity with access to all of the campus amenities. Prefer to lease with all amenities included? The Terrace, our Independent Living apartments, will strike your fancy. Need a little extra help from time to time? The Arbours, our Assisted Living and Memory Care apartments, will suit you well.

At MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.

MacKenzie Place - Colorado Springs offers independent living, assisted living and memory care services.