Staff is knowledgeable

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. It is a nice facility but I wasn’t too impressed by it. The staff member who gave me my tour was okay and they seemed knowledgeable. All of my questions were answered clearly. They do have a dementia unit but it is on the expensive side. I would recommend this facility to other families.

This was the facility I chose. [Removed] like the facility as well. For me it is an older community. I hope it will meet [Removed] needs for ADL’s as well as gaining some independence. Too soon to rate the facility but the response was 10 on a scale of 1-20 with 10 being the best. The location a 10.

Attentive Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my father since he recently has moved into this community. The staff are great to work with and are always going out of there way to make sure he is comfortable as well as safe in his living environment. I am most impressed with the fact they send me post cards to update me on any events or special gatherings they have to keep the families involved. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

The Posada was nice but they were a little more than what was in the budget. They were just as good in comparison to another good community I had in mind.

Did not like appointed seating for lunch, scheduled lunch times, and no snacks available. Limited space for TV watching and activities.

Motivating Staff !!

The nursing care team have all been excellent and loving to my loved one. My dad has improved immensely since making the move into this community. The residents where all so welcoming to him and have involved him in the various activities they do throughout the day. I would absolutely recommend this place to any family member or friend.

Worth taking a look at!!

This community was undergoing some remodeling when we visited. It was hard to get a good feel for this community due to this. The people I met were nice and it looked like they were trying to keep it clean.

Wonderful facilities and they are renovating their dining room now and will be doing more in the months to come. Staff are friendly and very helpful.

My mother started living here this past year. Then she started hearing about a lot of stealing going on from other residents that had been a victim of theft. [removed]. They also treat the residents poorly. On many occasions I've herd staff talking loudly and horribly about the residents. They are under staffed here and have no nurse on site. Then the administrator Donna is rude to the residents also. She's clearly struggling in her position because we recently all received letters letting us know new owners were taking over. Hopefully they take control of management too cause this place is horrible. We are in process

It's a fabulous facility. We were so fortunate that we were able to find this place for my aunt. We can't believe the Posada existed. You can't beat the price you pay here anywhere else.

mom is very happy there

We researched a lot of places like this in the area. For my mothers needs and her personality we found The Posada to be the best fit. We have had no problems and no complaints. She is very happy there. She really likes the food.

One area where they could improve would be to have a few more activities.

Other than that, they have really been grat.

very good

I think that they do a very good job. My mother who lives there really loves the food. She says it is fabulous, and that has not been her view other other places she has stayed out.

I do feel that the staff might be a little overworked and under-trained. I am taking that from what I hear from her, not what I have observed myself.

Everybody has been very helpful and accommodating any time I have needed anything.

This place is more of a memory loss facility than any thing else! Poorly run!

Mom is in the assisted living facility. She is fitting in very well with the staff and residents. She says she is getting the very best care there. The director Donna has been very informative and helpful. I am glad this was one place that was recommended to us.

All in all

It's fine, we are doing okay there. There were a few issues with a few of the staff being mean. She definitely has her favorites. They do pretty good about being attentive, but she needs to always have two people with her, there have been a couple of falls. They could use some more activities. The food is supposed to be low sodium, but it tasted kind of salty. She really likes the hair dresser, that makes her happy. We chose them because of the population seeming to be a little livelier than other places, and it was clean, and bigger. They were able to help us get furniture, which I thought was very nice.

This was the second facilit...

This was the second facility my sister and I visited and what a relief after having coming from Lakewood Park Manor. A very pleasant, cheery facility. There were two teenager males at the front desk who were doing their service credit hours. I spoke with James who gave me a brief tour while Carmen, the director, was finishing up with the seniors in the dining room. James had been volunteering at The Posada for 4 months and really seemed to enjoy the time he spent there. I asked him would he feel comfortable if he had a grandparent stay there and he said a definite YES! Carmen was our tour guide and she was a delight. A person who genuinely cares. The rooms at the facility were nice and I would have no problem with my mother staying there except as was the case with Emeritus I did not see any 'independent' seniors on my visit. I was encouraged to bring my mother back for a visit, which I plan to do.

Assistance when needed with bathing a...

Assistance when needed with bathing and dressing and medication; Three meals daily; Weekly housekeeping; Activities program; Scheduled transportation

Posada Whittier is located near uptown Whittier close to local shopping, banking, restaurants, theater, places of worship and medical centers. Our community combines private suites and apartments with services such as restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, building and grounds maintenance, scheduled transportation, and a variety of entertaining social and recreational activities. We also provide, on an "as needed" basis, personal assistance with activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, personal laundry, escorting to meals and activities as well as medications management, and healthcare services.