Brookdale Uptown Whittier - Whittier, CA

Brookdale Uptown Whittier - Whittier, CA has yet not published prices.

Beautiful Community

We toured the Brookdale Uptown Whittier. It was a very nice and beautiful community. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about what they would offer. It was beautifully decorated and well-kept. We chose another community that was a better fit for our budget.

Enjoyable Environment!!

My mother was recently at this community for a short respite stay and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. The staff had welcomed her with open arms and made sure to accommodate her needs to the best of there ability. She seemed to enjoy the meals as well as the company of the other residents. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision.

very satisfied with whole experience and would use it again!

I Had a Fantastic Experience

I am considering to sell my house and come here, that is how good it was. The meals were excellent and the staff were very concerned about you. They had the doctor check on me. A guy had wonderful activities, like exercising in the morning and afternoon. They had a pianist come in to play jazz and classical songs. We had wonderful entertainers and set up very good movies.
Most residents were delightful to speak with. The residents love it there and have been there for at least 10 years and staying there.

Over the top staff!

The staff at Brookdale Uptown Whittier have been great. They take very good care of my mother and help her feel at home. I have already recommended Brookdale to 2 people. They have a large variety of activities, at least 5 things going on each day. It has been a good experience and we are happy with our choice.

My Brother's Care

This is a very nice community for my loved one. The staff are nice and caring. The community is very clean . The menu is good and he is happy with the variety . He is offered activities. I would recommend this community for the good value and the care that is given to other residents.

This community meets our needs

The community is very clean it feels like you are walking into a nice hotel. They are quick to keep up with the cleaning. The food seems healthy and it is ok, however I think it could be improved a little. The staff are very helpful and are good at helping to make my parents feel comfortable. The staff seem to enjoy their jobs and it shows. They are open to suggestions and they listen to my concerns and what I have to say. I would recommend this community.

The location is perfect!!

Brookdale could have not picked a better location for this property. My loved one was only at this community for a short time but he really enjoyed his stay. The overall staff was absolutely great but the nursing staff really went above and beyond for my dad. They made sure to check on him daily and made sure his needs where being satisfied. The only complaint I have his the administration could use some better communication and organization.

My opinion!!

The staff I met at this community during my tour were nice. This community did not seem as nice as the one we chose. It seemed like a clean community.

Highly Recommended

This is a nice community. But they need more help in the maintenance area. They have a good variety of good food. The vegetable sometimes seem over cooked. te staff is very careing and helpful. My mom is still working on trying to be involved in the great activities that are offered here. I would recommend this community highly to other families.

The best of the best. Tom was very informative and all the residents appeared to be very happy. The facility was warm and welcoming. When I get older, I want to live there.

We really liked this community!!

This community would be our first choice if mom decides to move into a community. The staff were nice and the community seemed clean. They have kitchenettes in the apartments. This community is close to a town that you are able to walk around.

Mostly Going Good

My husband is doing good at this community but there are a few issues, like many places. He is not happy with food, he does not like it. Another is when he makes a request for maintenance it takes weeks for it to get fixed. It does seem a little short staffed but overall it is good here.

Hit and Miss

The big issue is the lack of consistency in the kitchen area. Many of the servers are slow, bring out food to one person at the table and not the other, not all dishes delivered at once, etc. There hasn't been a cook and when there is one they don't last long so meals are hit-and-miss. Seems to be either lack of management in this area or none at all. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The maintenance workers need to be pushed but do resolve most of the issues in their scope of repairs. The one area that is really managed well is the annual increases. Those come annually and as much as they can possibly get away with. It would be fine if the facility was kept running with good food options and servers. Last thing are the drivers for the trips around town or to events. They do a good job handling everyone and pleasing the guests.

Brookdale Uptown Whittier

Beautiful renovations & upgrades. Lovely apartments.

Perfectly located near Old Town Whittier.

Devoted, friendly, long time staff members.

Dining room appears to be understaffed at times. Food can be, understandably & by necessity, bland.

It's been good overall!

Brookdale Uptown Whittier is a really great place for my mother and I really believe that she is happy there with all of the activities to participate in with her new friends. The staff have been very responsive for the most part although there is one thing I find to be kind of weird. I asked that they not serve my mother tomatoes during her meal time because she prefers not to eat them and they have expressed that will require a doctor's note. Pretty funny but not to the point to where I am frustrated by any means. I am happy Mom is in good hands and definitely feel like I made the best decision for Mom.

not happy

Dad is not happy at Brookdale Uptown Whittier. The staff need to be more attentive to the needs of their residents. They need more care. They also need a social committee together to help new residents get acclimated. The place itself is lovely. It seemed very nice but once we got him in they do not give a care. I have asked many times to get dad a life alert button and they said they ordered it. Well, it's been over a month and he still hasn't gotten it.

Very, Very Pleased With Brookdale

I think the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I was very pleased with all the support they gave us. The only thing is about activities, the property is landlocked so there is no way to expand out and I think that was limiting in what the residents could do. Overall, I was very, very pleased with it. It is very neat and very clean.

This place is very nice. We especially like the fact that the DR is open from 7a-7p with no assigned seating or specific dining time. Service in the DR is VERY slow and the quality/quantity is so-so, ergo meals are served cold or lukewarm. Meals could be prepared with more flavor and variety. Staff is very friendly especially in remembering names of residents and their relatives. Lots of actives to enjoy but joining in on some of the card games is difficult as "groups" have already been formed. Facility does not look like a senior care facility, more like a land-locked cruise ship. The apartment is a one bedroom and is very adequate for our mom's needs. The weekly housekeeping, washing of bed linen and towels, vacuuming, emptying trash is a wonderful additional service. We're happy our mom is there and being so well taken care of. We feel the "rent is a tad high but what are you going to do to help ones loved one around.

Its Nice

We are satisfied with things.

They are doing great.

They are doing great. They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. As far as setting up the housekeeping that took a little while in the beginning. They were very accommodating as far as helping me out with a dresser. He loves the food, it's outstanding, they are very accommodating. They have choices and they can have food anytime between seven and seven. They go on outings, he has a nice little kitchenette area. Tom is great. Everyone greets you no matter what.

Okay, but didn’t have what I was looking for

Although the price was right, the food wasn't very good. The staff was also pretty unorganized when I arrived. They were nice, but I don’t think that they were ready to show me around. I didn’t feel like I was a valued potential resident, and it appeared that they just threw together a tour at the last minute. The building itself was clean though, even if it didn’t have any two-bedroom units available at the time.

Anytime Dining

I saw them. I liked it. I think the people seemed extremely nice and everyone was extremely courteous to me. I like the fact that they have any time dining and I don't have to be down at the dining room at a certain time. It's right next to Whittier College so there's more cultural opportunities also.

It is a very pleasant place...

It is a very pleasant place and I would feel very comfortable with my mom living there.Tom was very helpful and I had him place my mom on the waiting list with the understanding that it may be some time before she would move there.

Found this place to be chee...

Found this place to be cheerful, upbeat & clean. When I walk in I thought I was in a hotel lobby. Beautiful atmosphere. Rooms/hallway well lighted. Price for a small private room with all the amentities was just what we are looking for my mom. Amendities include cable which alot of the places do not include in the price. A plus.

Assisted living services available; W...

Assisted living services available; Weekly housekeeping, including linen service; Private dining room for special occasions;

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®