Clean happy and safe

Awesome assisted living community!!!

Thank you to the Lakewood staff and administrator for taking care of my mother!
This home made her very happy and for the past 4 years me and my mom truly felt like part of the family with everyone at Lakewood park manor.

You will always be in our thoughts!!

Great adult community

Lakewood Park Manor is a great adult community.
They have proven time and time again that they are the best place for my mother in law.
Being able to travel to visit family without worrying has been the biggest blessing.

Beautiful facility

Lakewood Park Manor is a beautiful facility that offers every amenity you could think of. Salon, dining room with great food, library, transportation, and the list goes on and on.

What really sets the community apart from the others is the leadership. We visited Lakewood Park knowing we needed to make a change but felt nervous about the unknown and left feeling like we should've made it years ago. If you aren't sure, call them and you will feel at ease in moments!!!

Joy from the start

Lakewood Park Manor has been a joy from the very start. The staff is friendly, caring and fun and very personable. My grandparents love living independently in a facility that provides such great care, good food and an endless list of activities to keep them healthy, learning and having a great time. If my grandparents need help or have questions, the staff is very responsive and helpful. I have found this to be true as well when asking questions or inquiring about their care. I really can't say enough positive things about this assisted living facility!

What a great facility!

What a great facility! The staff is always professional, friendly and helpful. I visit my dad frequently; even during off hours and I always feel the staff offering the best care possible 24/7. The staff treats the residents and me like they are a member of their own family. I can't think of an area where Lakewood Park Manor falls short. Even the food is good. Put them on your list when you need to look into assisted living.

BAD FOOD AT LAKEWOOD PARK MANOR DOWNEY

There have been NUMEROUS complaints over past couple years from tenants at Lakewood Park Manor that the FOOD IS BAD. Good cooks were let go and not so good cooks brought in, probably to save money on salary. Tenants at LPM leave the dining table hungry as they leave their food on their plates. And while the new owners are raising the cost to rent rooms at LPM, will they replace their cooks with cooks who are competent and take pride in feeding the residents tasty delicious food. MEALTIME IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXCITING AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE! DONT CUT COSTS IN THE KITCHEN! HIRE NEW COOKS IMMEDIATELY.

Lakewood Park Manor

Before we admitted my mother to Lakewood Park Manor we checked the place out thoroughly. We found it to be very clean, the personnel cheerful and friendly and the residents to appear to be very happy. Since we admitted her she has had only good things to say and her health has actually improved even though she was healthy when she arrived. We are very pleased with this facility.

Lakewood Park Manor

Lakewood Park Manor was the best choice we could have made. Our mother and father can finally relax and have thing done for them rather than always doing for others and dealing with tasks that were becoming difficult. They are happy and so are we. We recommend this assisted living facility highly.

Looking for somewhere new

Initially, when you go out there and talk with the people that run the community about moving someone in there, they’re very agreeable and willing to meet with you. But once you start deciding to move someone in, the miscommunication drops off immensely. An incident took place recently after my loved one moved in. He wound up in the hospital and the facility didn’t contact me for a couple of days. I only found out because I received a call from the doctor at the hospital. They were at least straightforward to me about the fact that he would require specific care after leaving the hospital and that they would not be able to provide that care. He’s wound up having to stay in the hospital longer than what was needed. When I’m there, everything looks clean. My loved one thinks the food is fine, though it doesn’t look terribly delicious to me. They have a few activities to participate in. In the main dining room, they have social clubs that I’ve seen people in. There were a couple of reasons why I chose this place, but it boiled down to the fact that there was availability and the cost was reasonable.

I talked with [Removed], very helpful and pleasant. Need to schedule an appointment to look at the place. I hope it looks as good as it sounds?
I took a tour and the place was clean. Just seemed a bit small, however, the rooms were large and spacious.

Lakewood Park Manor is more like a country club

Lakewood Park Manor is more like a country club than a nursing home. The offer all kinds of recreation, arts and crafts and movies. No one could ever be bored living here. My father in law has lived here for six months and is very content and always busy. I give this assisted living facility high marks. He even says the food is very good which is c compliment coming from him.

Best Choice

Wonderfull place

Lakewood Park Manor took great care of my Grandfather right up though his last days. He was always happy engaging in recreational activities. We are all very thankful to the staff for their dedication and compassion.

Lakewood Park's experience.

Our mother seems so much happier now that she can interact with others her own age. We can still see her as often as before and we know she will be glad she does not have to worry about cleaning and fussing. Lakewood Park Manor provides the best in assisted living.

The staff were very friendly and interactive with the residents. It was a clean facility but it had a funny smell in the dining area. It an older building.

Brief Stay

Our loved one tried out Lakewood Park Manor to see if it would be a good fit if she ever needed to move out of her home in the future. She said she liked the community and she would return if she ever had to move. She met some great people and made a few new friends. The staff was very friendly and helpful. She said the food was okay and they could have provided a wider variety of foods to choose from. They did not seem to offer a selection for people who had different dietary needs. They did offer some activities for the residents. While she was there they did not offer any outside activity away from the community. There was a small patio that a lot of people liked to smoke in that area. I would recommend this community to others to take a look at, it might be the right fit for them.

Wonderful Place

My mom came here following her rehab from a fall and she has not been eating. The staff here have been wonderful with her, they bring her to the dining room, they encourage her to try and eat, they make sure she has supplements like ensure to help. They go above and beyond with her care. This is a very careing and nice community, they have a lot to offer their residents. I would definitely recommend them.

They took great care of my dad.

Great care for my mother. Food is very good. Grounds are kept clean. Overall great place for your loved one.

Still Transitioning

My sister is doing good but still transitioning into the community but so far so good. The staff all have been really patient with my sister. My Advisor went over and beyond for us. She helped me, kept me calm, patient, helped with appointments, she knew I had a lot to do already.

VERY NICE PLACE !

MY HUSBAND AND I COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED WITH
LAKEWOOD PARK MANOR.. THE ADMINISTRATOR [Removed] WAS SO VERY NICE, EVERYTHING IS VERY CLEAN,
AND ALL THE HELP IS SO VERY NICE TO MY MOTHER, SHE IS
VERY HAPPY. WE WOULD RECOMMEND LAKEWOOD PARK
MANOR FOR ANYONES PARENT.

Easy transition. Very flexible.

Great Exercise Program Offered

My father is happy here and I'am very satisfied with this community. He is doing very well here, they are doing a good job caring for him. It is a very well maintained community, every time I've visit everything is nice and clean. The staff have been very good, they are very good at what they do. He enjoys the exercise program they offer. He is content with the meals. I know he is in good hands. I would recommend this facility.

room for improvement

There are some things about Lakewood Park Manor that have been good, but definitely some room for improvement as well. The place is clean and well kept, and it is a nice value. However, we have requested several times for my father to be moved into a different unit that would be better suited for him and they have not been very accommodating of the request. Also, I think they should be more friendly in greeting the family members of the residents when they come to visit. A few things like that could certainly improve.

They have been really great in terms of working with me on my loved one's move; it was on the weekend and the manager came out and helped. They have just been highly responsive and very easy to work with.

I liked it

Choosing work over caring for a parent at home is an excruciating decision. This is the place we chose for our dad and where he eventually passed away within 7 months. He deteriorated health-wise and I believe all the staff and aides did the best they could for him. He was legally blind and that was an added frustration to him as there are no activities for the blind there. And no one-on-one, unless you pay for it, of course. He became very aggressive and fearful as his illness took him toward dementia. A couple of situations with roommates hightened his fear and distrust of the staff. One thing I noticed is that my dad's legs were very painful and the aides would forget and use normal force to move or adjust him and he would cry out in pain.
I appreciate that the place was always being cleaned, though it's an old building.
I recommend this facility; however, I personally don't like the idea of having to share a room with a stranger, so if you can afford it, it would be best to rent your own room.
My sincere thanks to the staff and aides.

4 stars

The Lakewood Park Manor is a nice community. Overall, this is a nice place. Everyone is very friendly and nice. The value is great. My loved one is well taken care of. I would recommend the Lakewood Park Manor.

They are Good

The Lakewood Park Manor is a nice place. I rate this property 4 stars. I rate the Activities 4 stars. I rate the Care Services 4 stars. I rate the Value 4 stars. I rate the Friendliness 4 stars, and I rate the cleanliness 4 stars. I have had no issues. Everything has been great so far. Their good. No complaints about this community. I would recommend Lakewood Park Manor for anyone looking for a good Assisted Living Community.

We love the Lakewood Park, Downey, CA 110%

We love the Lakewood Park, Downey, CA 110%. The rooms and common areas are kept very clean. The food is good and nutritious and there is an alternate menu to choose from if a resident wants something different than what is being served.

We would gladly recommend LPM to anyone.

It's a very clean place, very nicely kept.

It's a very clean place, very nicely kept. We love the staff and they seem to be really responsive whenever I bring anything up. There seem to be plenty of activities, going on and she gets along with the other residents, and loves being social. The food seems to be kind of hit and miss, and the residents seem to be talking about stuff being stolen from their rooms, but I can't imagine the community would let that go on, and my mom isn't missing anything. Over all it seems to be a pretty good place, hopefully the stealing thing is just a rumor.

Facility is run down and needs some love and care. There is no life or energy or energy in the place. I have a strong aversion to nursing homes and it felt too much like one to me.

An Active Warm Community

My father has been a resident at Lakewood Park Manor for just under 2 years. He is very happy there and he was eager to come back to LPM after an extended hospital/skilled nursing stay. LPM has also kept us well informed of my dad’s stay there and encourages family time and togetherness for their residents.

The administration, Eli, Becky and Michelle, work to make each resident feel that they are a part of the LPM family and accommodate their needs by offering a variety of services, outings and activities. The care givers and staff are friendly, caring and eager to help. The medications staff are prompt to call if there is an issue or if refills are needed.

We would gladly recommend LPM to anyone.

Lakewood Park Manor, Downey CA

Eli Goldman is up front with no surprises. His caregivers are nice people. I and my mom are happy with this place.

I would give them a negative score.

It was like a Gestapo, it wasn't fun. They gave him the wrong medicines twice. It went downhill. Becky Garcia, is the assistant administrator, and she has Tyrannical demeanor. When we were leaving, she was very demanding, and when she said something that was it there was no talking with her. The food was awful, they couldn't get it right.

My Mothers happiness

My mother is happy and well taken care of. It's a clean environment. Most of the staff are very pleasant and efficient. Some of the receptionists could use charm school.
My mom loves her nurse practitioner. She is getting better care and better results in her health.

She's happy, we're happy

Things are wonderful, theyre doing great, this is her 5th month there and she loves it. She's pretty much to herself because she has early dementia so I think she's afraid she's going to forget but she gets out and does things; for the most part she enjoys it there and she's making friends. The communication with the staff is fine, everything seems to be pretty good right now. She hasn't had any complaints, we haven't had any complaints. They take really good care of her, her whole demeanor is happier and whenever we pick her up she asks when she can go back home. She has peace and quiet there. Before, she was living with my sister and that was too much for her so this is good for her. We liked that they took care of them and did everything for them.

Budget friendly against comparable communities

They are an average community that does what they can with what they have. They are pretty budget friendly for what they offer against comparable communities. Overall it's an ok community that could be better but could also be worse.

Good Care, Good Activities

They're pretty good and everybody is very nice. I think it's worth the cost; can you really put a cost on taking care of your mom? They've got 36 people doing what I've been doing for the past two years by myself so I think it's worth it. My mom doesn't do what they ask her to do so it's not that they don't offer things. They do a good job of taking care of her physical needs. I can say that they offer activities but my mom hasn't participated yet because she's busy being mad about being there. They have stuff for her to do from after breakfast all the way to dinner. I saw the calender and they have bingo, knitting, crafts, exercise classes - a reasonable amount of stuff for her to do.

This was the first facility...

This was the first facility we visited and it was the worst by far. I completed a brief in take form but there was no in-depth sit down with the person who walked us around about my mother. I just didn't have a sense of warmth and caring about the place and would never consider this as an option for my mother. When asked about activities and outings we were told there were trips to WalMart and the 99 cents store .

First choice!

First choice!

we looked at this residence last year...

we looked at this residence last year and were very impressed. It was my first choice, very clean, friendly and the attitude of the manager was very elder sensitive.

includes laundry 1X week fresh towel...

includes laundry 1X week fresh towels and cleaning daily. They will give meds This is near the 105 freeway. This place is nice. They provide some furniture. Near shopping (Target/Walmart within walking distance) and about 10 miles from Cecilia and 13 miles from family. DR's release needed. When I dropped in I did not have an appointment, and the Director was very gracious and gave me a tour and answered all of my questions. This was my second choice.

Lakewood Park Manor is a fully licensed independent and assisted living facility. Situated in Downey, we feature first class accommodations and personalized service packages created for each resident.

Our services include assistance with dressing, personal hygiene, medication administration, more frequent well-being checks, escorting to and from meals, doctors appointments and more.

Lakewood Park Manor is family owned and operated. We are committed to care and hospitality. Our goal is to provide a home with a comfortable atmosphere. Our highly experienced staff cares for our residents with the utmost consideration and sensitivity.

Stop by and visit us – take the time to notice the homey-ness and the caring that is characteristic of Lakewood Park Manor. We strive to provide the highest quality of service and care while never forgetting that each residen