Does not provide the level of care that she will ned

Staff was nice. Place needs to be cleaned though. The memory care dinning area is just a room with folding tables. Very crowded because most of the residents are in wheel chairs. Not very inviting. The rooms are spacious. No TV can be used without cable connection due to the area not having a good reception.

We stopped by late morning to visit this facility. The floors & walls in the game and lounge were filthy. The rest of the place was not clean. The staff didn't seem so engaged with the seniors.

Just to big

This community is very large and there are 3 level's of care here. The staff did a very good job with my tour, they took their time showing me around and I was surprised at how large the memory care Unit was and that it had private rooms in it. I did feel that my mother would not be a good fit here and that it was too large for what I wanted for her.

Downey Retirement

My mother there everyone seems very happy .

I had my mom at Downey Retirement and am very happy with the care. The facility is clean and the staff is friendly.

My mother in law has had a heart attack while at this facility, she has had to go to emergency a couple of times to get things right, "she called 911" and after going to emergency she was transferred to a short term facilitie while on IV fluids, she would always come back within thirty days to keep her room. "Adam didn't like this" my wife had to go to Downey retirement to get her mom a change of clothes, the receptionist had my wife sign a paper before she could remove anything from the room. My wife being extremely worried about her mom being transferred after a heart attack she just signed the form, a week goes by and we get a phone call asking when are we coming to remove her furniture? Or do we want to donate it to Downey retirement? My wife was surprised and asked why ? Her mom was coming back within her thirty days. Adam told my wife the paper she had signed was one that says her mother wasn't coming back. Thinking this was just a simple paperwork error it would easily be fixed. Adam told my wife no your mom can't come back, I lose money when she's gone, this man is such a CHEESY OPERATER. If someone at Downey retirement sees this please contact me, Not Adam. An owner would be nice.

Not impressed.