Whittier Glen Assisted Living - Whittier, CA

Do NOT use this facility!!

July 2018 - DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY!! While it may have been a decent facility WAY BACK WHEN, it is now deplorable. The recent staff change has only made it worse. The carpets are filthy, the food is horrible, the staff is inadequate to provide for the residents, the manager lies about the conditions, if a resident begins to voice their unhappiness and/or treatment, the consequences are fast and swift. The residents are at the mercy of bad management and poor living conditions. Do not leave your loved one there.

My mother lives here. The facilities are filthy and poorly maintained. It is poorly staffed with medical technicians. My mother had to wait over an hour for pain medications. The food is horrible. Most residents ask for sandwiches because it is the only edible meal they can tolerate. The management staff will smile and give you lip service, but they care very little about the opinions or concerns of the residents or their families. All the room deodorizers in the world can not mask the stench from the facility or the attitudes of those running this place. I've complained multiple times, only to have our concerns ignored. Instead, my mother suffers further from their indifference. Whatever you do, don't leave your loved one here!

This place is HORRIBLE. Dirty, hallways strong urine it for often, bathrooms old dirty, laundry terrible, no one cleans windows. Landscape No gardener. Residents complain to directors, worst each year. I know by experience this is the TRUTH.

Regrets

My mom lived there for almost 7 months. When we first went there my mom liked it they showed us a single room which was just a nice fixed up room just for show. My mom shared a room they told us her room mate was a nice person. The dining area was nice and clean said they had a bingo game room things for them to do. Her roommate was not at all nice she would [Removed] and leave her dirty [Removed]
underwear in the bathroom. She was in a wheelchair I seen her in her wheelchair trying to get in the restroom. I asked her roommate you need help she was crying saying I pushed my alert button for close to an hour I knew it was true cause I was visiting my mom through that time. They had to transfer my poor mom three times to different rooms. When I complained about how my mom was mistreated by roommate all they said was will take care of it. Her last roommate was big compared to my mom only 4'10 my mom was say I'm scared to be here she makes me turn off my tv or tells me I have to take some of my stuff back home cause there's no room. My mom paid a lot of money to have a room where she had her bed and only about 4 feet her dresser. Her roommate had the rest of the room. My beautiful mom was 92 she was there 7 months. Every time I would look at her I seen her getting thinner and thinner. I visit her her at least 3 times a week to take her food cause she complain how nasty there food was sometimes ok. Sad but my mom died there. They said staff turned there back on her for a second and she feel. Her roomate said she seen it all staff lost there grip and that was how she fell. She had a stroke the next day and passed 4 days later. If you love your parents be sure you know where you place them. For the rest of my life I will regret having her there. Just because a place looks nice doest mean they will be treated right.. It's all about the money.... The best thing to do is ask other seniors you see how they like Whittier Glen. And I was [Removed] because A tenant told me before we signed the paperwork it's awful and the food is nasty. I should of listened. But the director was so sweet telling us how nice And friendly the people were and how delicious the food was. Anybody rating it a five must not visit there loved ones often

We are very happy with the care from the staff. The community is clean and well-taken care. They offer good menu. I am very happy knowing that my mom is very involved with so many of the activities that she enjoys. We would highly recommend the care at this community for the excellent value and care that is offered.

Comfortable living!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since he made the move into this community. The staff are lovely and I am comfortable with the care he is receiving. He has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall Its has a pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

Not Like I Expected

I did not care for the Whittier Glen. I did not like it and
it seemed really cluttered in the area they work in. It didn't seem clean and it smelled too.

We did the tour. Its very nice there. The staff is very nice, very informative, the facility is very clean. We got great help from the coordinator that is working with us.

A very good tour!

During my tour of the White Glen Assisted Living, I thought the community was very nice. It was clean and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. I did not notice anything that they could have improved on.

Wonderful Staff!!

The one thing I have been very pleased with at this community is the staff. They all seem to be very caring and compassionate towards my dad especially the first month that he was there. The only complaint I would have is he does not understand the dinning schedule too well. He forgets meal times and does not understand that after he gets his salad or soup there is more coming so often will get up and leave the table. The bathrooms could also have some improvement, I have visited often and they are not well maintained at all. Overall my dad seems to be happy and enjoying his experience.

issue

I haven't heard any major complaints about Brookdale Casa Whittier. [removed] Everyone has keys to the rooms, maintenance, housekeeping, etc. [removed] She doesn't have Alzheimer's either, so that is pretty concerning. They have a lot of activities at this facility available if she chooses to participate. Overall it's been a good experience.

Very nice place!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have gone with Brookdale Casa Whittier! The employees here are fantastic, and they do a great job looking out for the residents! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to offer the people who live here. Really our only issue has been that billing issues can be a little tricky to deal with since you have to work with the people in their east coast corporate office, and not just the people you are used to dealing with at the facility.

Great Food!

For the price they charge, the rooms seem too small. There's room for some furniture, but the rooms are too small for two people - especially the bathrooms. The food is very good though, and we would give it a 5! We really liked this place because it's small and we were very impressed with Sharon Crowe. She's a very nice and caring lady, and we are still impressed with her to this day!

Nice place. Friendly staff. Good va...

Nice place. Friendly staff. Good value.

Safe and secure

Needed a place that was single story and had staff 24/7 for Mom. Was living in too much house, too often by herself. This place was recommended by "A Place for Mom" and my sister knew of it as it was nearby to her house. My Mom visited and found the place acceptable and the staff very friendly and helpful. She is still adjusting to living around people her own age (she insists they are all older than her). She is gradually settling in and realizing that these people are her generation and since it is an assisted living facility and not a convalescent or rehabilitation facility, the residents are more like her than not.

Casa Whittier

Has a "family" atmosphere. My mother is doing things she never thought she could do. Lots of activities. Does need new carpet in open areas.

Did not find this place ver...

Did not find this place very cheerful. Inside was very dull/boring. Low ceilings. One of the rooms she showed me smell of smoke.. Carpets were dirty. Gardening area was not kept up!

A very nice place.

A very nice place.

Daily assistance with bathing and dre...

Daily assistance with bathing and dressing; Dining assistance and special diets; Escorts and assistance with walking; Laundry and linen service; Housekeeping

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday. Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.® License #197802820