Whitten Heights Assisted Living and Memory Ca - La Habra, CA

This facility is great. Moved mom in on April 11. The Executive Director [Removed] is a gem! The staff are all very friendly. I pray that mom will be better here.

The facility looked like it had potential. However, the staff at the reception counter was unprepared when I introduced myself. When I spoke to a second employee, she demanded if I had written proof that I was scheduled for the tour. Due to their unprofessionalim, I chose to leave at this points.

5 stars!

The caregivers are on top of things and my dad is getting good care. The food is good and they offer different choices. They have a piano room, television room and other activities available. They keep the community clean and I would recommend Whitten Heights.

Very satisfied with the care My Dad is receiving there.

Not a new community!

This was a nice community however it is starting to show it's age. They do try and keep the community clean and well maintained. The person that helped us on our tour was friendly and very knowledgeable.

Nice Experience

Things are going well for my mother at Whitten Heights she seems to like it. There is still some adjusting to do but that is expected. The community is well kept and very clean and nice looking. Staff here is very friendly and helpful to my mother and to me as well. My mother has participated in new activities and even made some new friends and that is wonderful to see. The only is the food it is okay but I would say it needs more flavor added to it. Overall its been a nice experience and I would recommend this community to anybody looking into senior living.

Lovely community

I liked everything about this community. My mother was only there a short time before passing, but the community was very efficient and the staff was very helpful. My mother had a room with a courtyard and garden, it was very lovely. We wanted friends and family to go there an visit and see how wonderful the community is.

Some Improvements

I think that there could be some improvement with the staffing at the Whitten Heights Assisted Living facility. Also I think that there could be a couple more activities for the residents in the memory care unit.

needs more staff

I would like to see more caregivers. They only have one (11) person for every seven (7) to twelve (12) people there.

need more caregivers

I would like to see more caregivers. They have 1 person for every 7 to 12 people there.

Satisfied Overall

I think that overall I am very satisfied with our experience. I would recommend it to someone in need of an assisted living facility. It is hard to be critical, so on the surface I would say it is good facility.

We were only there for three days and had to leave. I would say that things there were just okay and leave it at that.

Whitten Heights is the perfect Assisted Living home for my loved one.

Patient, kind and caring staff.

Caring

Excellent care. Kind staff.

Peace of Mind

The facility is great. It's not easy to find a place to have a peace of mind, but the Whitten Heights Assisted living and Memory Care gives us that. The staff is professional, friendly and caring. We just have had a great experience so far. We are very pleased.

Review of Whitten Heights Assisted Living and Memory Ca Alzheimer's / Memory Care in La Habra, CA

Nice place but it was not any nicer than La Habra Villa but the price was a lot higher.

Toured on 9/19. Seemed run down and poorly managed.

Very beautiful place - seems very peaceful. Peter was very helpful & answered all the questions we had. The rooms looked nice and everyone that we saw there seems very happy!

Peace of mind

It's a good facility and it provides a peace of mind which is hard to come by when looking for home for your family members.

Nice place, overall

Our loved one has been here for over a year now, and so far things have gone well. It's a nice place, and the staff have all been very friendly. One thing they do very well is their transportation service. My loved one has regular dialysis treatments, and the transportation has always been very reliable.
We did have a recent miscommunication, my loved one was sent to the emergency room at night and we were not informed until the next morning, when they realized nobody had gotten in contact with us yet.

Very nice facility

The facility was clean and no smell, and the staff was very pleasant. observed resident participating in activities that was stimulant for them. Residents look very well taken care of.

Nice facility, no walk in showers ava...

Nice facility, no walk in showers available. All showers required lifting of leg to enter. This is difficult for my aunt

At the top of my mother's list. She ...

At the top of my mother's list. She really liked the facility.

Whitten Heights Assisted Living and Memory care is family owned and operated. Our community is nestled in La Habra with access to nearby shopping. We have been in business for over 30 years. We currently provided Independent, Assisted and Heritage Living. Our Heritage living program is for those with Alzheimer's and or other memory issues. We have two neigborhoods for memory care depending on the senior's level of care. We provide weekly transportation to medical appointments and have weekly outings. We have a beautifully landscaped courtyard with a fountain, rolling garden and a bird aviary. We have very large common areas and a dining room on all floors. Our community has 4 different styles and sizes of apartments. We border the cities of Whittier and Rowland Heights.