Sunrise of Fullerton - Fullerton, CA

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions and concerns. It was just so small and didn't have room to move around. It looked clean. It just wasn't a good fit for my husband. I would recommend families tour this community before choosing a place.

Positive impression

The experience with Sunrise of Fullerton was very positive. The director was helpful and they offer many great programs! We decided against Sunrise of Fullerton because it was a little further than we were comfortable with and costed a little more than another Sunrise location. I would recommend them!

Our Choice For Care

We found the place that we needed and appreciate A Place For Mom's for helping us with this search. The overall care and experience is working out well for my mom and us.

Pleased with Our Move Here

So far my wife and I are doing very well here at this community. They are caring for my wife and her needs very well. I happy we are in a community where I know she is going to get good care. The community is clean, and very well-kept. The meals are decent. Overall this is a nice community, and we are pleased with our move here.

Mom Is Thriving Here

My mom is thriving from the community keeping everyone engaged all day. She likes the bowling, golf putting, craft, group singing, mediation in the evening and many more activities. We knew the moment we walked in and felt the homey atmosphere this was the home for my mom. I never been to a place where the staff are warm, comforting, and fun, they are wonderful. All the meals are homemade, fresh, and served hot. They just had their Thanksgiving dinner with music playing. The chef made an amazing dinner for us.

Highly Recommended!!

Sunrise of Fullerton gets my recommendation as a memory care facility. My mother is very content with the care and services the community is offering to her. Some of the activities that she participates in are arts and crafts, church services, and field trips. This place is always spotless and organized , and the staff is friendly and helpful.

A great place for your mom

The facility is done very well with the assisted living on the first floor and the two communities that deal with dementia on the second floor. All personnel were very kind and considerate generating a warm feeling for all of the guests. The house dog is a wonderful addition that everyone seems to enjoy. The meals are well done and many activities are available for all to enjoy.

Short stay went well.

She wasn't here very long, it was only a month. They did a good job. There were no concerns over the cleanliness, or how friendly and responsive the staff was. We didn't get any complaints about the food, or not having enough to do. It went pretty well.

The Trials and Tribulations of Starting Over

My sister's recent move necessitated relocating my ninety five year old mother from northern California to southern California. Prior to the relocation twenty-six facilities were reviewed and toured to find the most appropriate match of services provided to my mother's specific care requirements. Yes, at her age declining mental and physical capabilities were both important factors in choosing this facility. The unique aspect of Sunrise at Fullerton, that distinguished it from the other twenty-five facilities, is its Terrace Club community. This community provides an intermediate level of care between assisted living and locked down memory care units. For individuals with memory issues, but, not at a safety level of concern (i.e. wandering or other anti social behavioral issues); Terrace Club provides the necessary structured environment for mental stimulation and social interaction. The greater care giver to resident ratio also diminishes anxiety over the physical safety of your loved one. Is it perfect? No. As can be expected minor issues always arise that require resolution. The staff, however, is friendly, attentive and willing to make that extra effort to resolve any issues that pop up. I am satisfied that the correct decision was made in moving mom to Sunrise.

Terrace Club spoiled us

I really liked it but it;s just so expensive. They have a third neighborhood called terrace club and its an in between reagular assisted living and memory care; so they handle a little bit of memory issues but no wander risks or outburts or anything like that. It was nice, there was a maximum of 25 residents and always at least 2 caregivers, sometimes 3, and they had their own kitchen and living room, we got really spoiled but cost wise it was difficult. It was so much like having my mom living in a home with a family and with someone who cares. I would call Carolyn, the concierge, and she would recognize my voice and talked to me and would make sure my mom was ready when I'd come to visit.

Very warm and comfortable. ...

Very warm and comfortable. The staff was amazing, young, outgoing, warm, addressed each resident by name, hugged me! Not a lot of residents out and about though. The ones I saw looked nice. Rooms were nice, grounds were ok. Price is up there but a little lower than Sunrise of Yorba Linda with nicer room layouts and better AC, closer location.

One of the best

There have been some issues, they say they're going to do somethign and they don't but when I call and get on them then they do it. I want to be able to depend on the and its been pretty good, I have to stay on top of a few things once in a while but overall they're fine. My aunt wasn't happy there in the very beginning until we got her cats there, but once we got her cats it was a whole new scenario. She wasn't happy that they woke her up too early, she's a late sleeper and they only serve breakfast at 7. When I worked at Sunrise we patterned the care after the persons likes and dislikes, we were aware that we were in their home and wanted to work for them. She also hasn't met people she can really talk to, most of the time they just sleep and she's starving for some intellectual conversation and that's tough. I'm hoping she stays there; I've worked in a lot of different care communities, nobody's perfect but I think Sunrise is one of the best

Sunrise Senior Living

Hi Sue – We’re glad that you consider Sunrise one of the best communities! However, we’re sorry to hear about this experience. Please contact us at [removed] so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Top of the line care

(Activities Not Rated too soon) We have had previous experience with Sunrise; my spouse was a head nurse at a different Sunrise community. We already knew their standards and their procedures so it made it an easy choice. Sunrise is one of the more expensive communities but it is because it is top of the line care.

One on One type care

We chose this community because it is smaller then others so it provides a more one on one care for my parents. The staff is great and the community is very nice. The offered to take my mom into the memory care unit during the day so if she needed to move there she would be more comfortable doing so. We are very pleased with Sunrise and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a nice community.

Very nice but no available rooms and ...

Very nice but no available rooms and she would benefit in alz dem side. But can get expensive.

Beautiful facility. Sunrise care is g...

Beautiful facility. Sunrise care is great.

Loved this place. The assistant that...

Loved this place. The assistant that gave us a tour was very informative, the place was beautiful, and the residents that we spoke with were very happy. This is definitely our first choice.

together $5800,Denver room, separ...

together $5800,Denver room, separate rooms, $7100: Dad only in shared room $4200 Spoke to the director @ Sunrise

nicely decorated, ok room size.

nicely decorated, ok room size.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.