Oakmont of Whittier - Whittier, CA

Worth taking a look at

This seemed like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice. This community allows pets and they offer daily activities. This community was just a little out of our budget.

A Pleasant Tour

This is a beautiful community, I really enjoyed my tour of this facility. I would've moved my mother into this community, but they didn't have any room at this time. The staff was nice and very informative. It was a pleasant tour. Everything went very well.

Moms voice

Good morning , Well it has only been in operation for a year. My mom has been there two months . Overall she is content but some issues have not been resolved . Example she would like larger portions of food her salads which are forgotten at times . The residents do not get enough fruits and vegetables. The care givers do try very hard in taking care of her needs. It is a very clean and new place . I would like her to get more involved with activities . She enjoyed a day ride they took them out. Don't know if she has done it again. Since I live in Idaho I'm not sure what all goes on there.( calif ) , just her feedback . She loves her salon days and craft days . My special thanks to each and every employee at the facility . Idaho

The Oakmont of Whittier is superb!

We were looking for an assisted living environment for our 55 year old Downs Syndrome (high functioning) sister. After their interview and assessment, they allowed her to move in for a 30 day evaluation period. Our sister passed the 30 day period with flying colors and she happily became a resident of the Oakmont. It is a beautiful environment with a very caring staff, plus a wonderful dining room and state of the art movie theater. Their executive director and marketing director became personally involved overseeing our sister's care! We can't say enough nice things about the Oakmont of Whittier and their five-star staff!

Fantastic meal schedule

I only toured this facility and it was very impressive. It is expensive but like they say you get what you pay for. I love the fact that they serve food in the dining room ALL day. So if you are a late sleeper or you were napping you still will be able to eat. This is the only facility I have toured that has this feature which I think is awesome. Especially since my dad loses track of time and has missed a meal or two where he currently is. They have a waiting list and this facility is one of my top choices at this time.

Could Not Be Happier!

It is amazing how active they are now and they are making friends and we are so thrilled they made the decision to move over there. All the staff and activities that they have going on, my parents are thriving. We are very, very pleased.

Oakmont Senior Living

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad to hear that your parents are enjoying their new home. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can help them with. Warm Regards, Debbie Infield, Executive Director

Oakmont has been pretty good.

Oakmont has been pretty good. It is rather expensive, so I am hoping they are able to help with the insurance, or we won't be able to stay. It's a very good place, it was the best of the places I saw. There were a couple of other good ones, but they were even more expensive, and further away.