The Parkway Senior Living - Blue Springs, MO

[Name removed] gave a well-informed tour. The studio long-term care was a little small in area. Blue Springs is also quite a distance from my family. Will keep The Parkway in mind.

we have started the process for them to evaluate mom tomorrow for possible admission there. It has smaller rooms, but otherwise very comparable with our other choice.

LAnn
Squared shape. small common area. small visiting areas around square. Room size like Brighton. no view from rooms.

The Best Place We've Seen

Everything about The Parkway is the best we have been able to find. The people there are extremely helpful and accommodating, the community is clean, and they have excellent food. They have chefs, so the residents can pretty much eat whatever they wish whenever they'd like. They also have a lot of activities. Each day, there are things going on for the residents, so it seems like a very lively community. The Parkway is really the best place we've seen, and I would absolutely recommend it to other families.

Pros and Cons

Parkway senior living has its pros and cons. Pros: the food is good. They keep the place clean. Most of the time, they have enough staff to care for the residents. The majority of the caretakers are attentive and seem to really care for the residents. Cons: They do not do a good job with laundry and have ruined clothes. Sometimes at nights and on weekends and holidays, they do not seem to have enough caretakers to take care of residents You can go into the facility and cannot find anyone or often the nurse in in another section taking care of different residents. The communication is not good betweent the staff from shift to shift and sometimes with the administrators.

not very active

While looking into various options for my mother we toured this property. From what we seen the apartments were a little smaller than we would like. We also noticed that people were not participating in anything. The staff did offer activities with a card game room and pool area. But you did not see anyone participating. The dining room as well seemed pretty empty. They had open eating hours and you didn’t see many people there that you could mingle with. My mother wants people to talk to and she like to be social with others.

Wonderful tour and beautiful facility. Only two handicap units, no 1 bedroom units. Not able to tour handicap units.

I Like The Community

I was impressed when I had my tour and I asked a friend who is a nurse and she was impressed with the staff level of care, they seemed experienced. I am happy with the care they provide for my husband and I think they are doing a great job. They are close to me which is easy for me to get to. They offer activities but he does not participate. I had lunch with him and the spaghetti and meatballs were good. They offer different choices of meals with alternatives if it is needed.

I find communication lacking for family in long distance situations

Enjoying Herself

My mother in law seems to be enjoying herself living here. She is meeting new people and likes to socialize. She is liking the food. We have found the staff to be kind and considerate and helpful. The landscaping is nice kept very well maintained and the inside is always clean no issues with it being dark. The temperature seemed to be just right not too cold or hot.

She loves it!

The Parkway Senior living is a pretty cool place. Mom is acclimating well and starting to make new friends. The community is very clean and well kept. The staff is really nice and friendly. Mom enjoys the food they provide. She loves that it is restaurant style, with menus that change daily for lunch and dinner choices. We are going to eat with her tonite. Here at this community they offer independent and assisted living, mom is in assisted living. They offer a lot of activities, movie night, Bingo, they even have a therapy pool. Mom participates in physical therapy and my sister helps my mom work out in the therapy pool which is great for her arthritis. The community has beautiful gardens, walkways, and terraces to enjoy the outdoors. My wife and I knew right away this was the perfect place for mom. I have already recommended The Parkway Senior Living to others.

Thomas was great!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went for us . [Removed] was the person who showed us around the facility and he was very helpful. He made sure to listen to all of our questions and answer them in detail. The property was clean and had a lot of nice amenities for all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

We Found A Good Location

My dad is doing okay since moving into the community. The cost and location was best for my dad. The meals are excellent and he says it is very nice and he is happy.

Dad is Well Here

My father is doing well with his move to this community. I know he is safe, and in good hands. The staff is great, and they keep me inform about everything. The community looks great. All is well so far for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Very nice but no Medicare

I like living at The Parkway.

So far this community seems very nice. The staff have been helpful. The food is good and they offer daily activities. The community is clean and beautiful. I would recommend this community.

Outstanding care for a friend

My friend is getting excellent care in this community. The staff is very nice and caring. the community has an open kitchen for the residents to eat at any time the meals are excellent and she likes the flexibility. They allow her to have her dog with her. The community is always very clean and maintained. We would recommend this great community to other families for great care and value

Found The Right Features

I am please after researching and touring to find their community for my sister. I can count on her being fine. The staff are great with applying themselves. In general I approve how it is cleaned, provided with activities, friendly staff, and with the meal times. It is in a good location for me and I sure would recommend them.

We love it!

My uncle is really happy with the way things are going so far. Most of the staff is awesome,but there is a member of the staff is not to nice. The community is clean and neat and we like it. They have activities, but my uncle does not get involved yet.

Accommodating Administration!!

I was very pleased with my tour of this community. There was lots of great amenities available and had was a lot smaller of a facility then some of the other ones I had looked at. I also was impressed with the administration and how willing they where to work with my mother and I on the financial end and find something that works for us. The only thing my mom did not like was it was a completely none smoking complex.

SHERYL AND I BOTH LOVED THIS COMMUNITY

Not gonna work out!

We liked the tour that we went on. The staff was very good and explained everything to us. They showed us around and we got to see some of the residents out and about. It just was not a good fit for mom.

Really like this place!

We are super pleased with the way things are going here. The only concern that I have is that when my mom pulls the emergency cord it takes the CNA's 15-20 minutes to get to the resident. Other than that the meals are great and the activities mom has been getting involved.

Nice set up!

The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable on the tour. It was a nice community. We saw some of the residents out and doing things. We just thought that it was to fa to have mom there. We did like the floor plan of the place.

Overall I have no complaints of this community !!

My mother has really seemed to fit right in at this community, she is enjoying the company of the other residents and the staff have all been wonderful to her. She has had no complaints about the food and has really enjoyed participating in many of the activities they offer throughout the day. I have to say my favorite thing about this facility is the overall layout, they have wide hallways and a spacious lobby and dinning room.

We toured this community for my mom. It is very nice, but we wanted a commuity that was a single story community. The staff members were great and very nice. All of our questions were answered. They did not have a courtyard that my mom wanted to enjoy. The over is stll a nice community.

A little to small!

I was able to tour this property and I did like the staff. They were helpful and friendly and answered all my questions. I just felt that the community was a little smaller than we were looking for. The residents here seemed to be enjoying themselves.

My mom lives in a clean community. It is a newer facility and in a good location. The meals are good, she likes some of the meals that are served. The staff are friendly and respectful. She likes this community because she can drive around the area. She is more familiar with the area surrounding The Parkway Senior Living.

The staff were nice!!

Mom was only at this community for a short time before she passed away. The staff were very helpful and took good care of her. She was not able to leave her room but I am glad we found this community.

We made a good decision moving mom into The Parkway!!

It has been a positive experience working with the staff. All of the departments interact with each other to make sure they can support my mom's needs. The community is kept clean and they clean her room once a week. She has started to participate in some of the activities and the food is ok. This community gets my recommendation.

My 2nd Choice

I took a tour of this community. I like that the staff are very nice, attentive and knowledgeable in the care they provide. While taking the tour I noticed an activity board and a meal was offered but i declined. It seemed clean and well-maintained.

Mom Loves It !!

My mother loves it here at this community and I am happy with the choice to move her here. The community is spotless and my mother room is always clean and smells good. The care givers are wonderful they do a very good job caring for my mother. There are some activities she got a facial one time. The food is amazing and really good. We had a few problems with billing and they are slow with getting information to you from the main office.

Things Are Going Well !

My parents are enjoying their stay at The Parkway Senior Living. We are really happy with this community. It did take some adjusting due to the fact they had just received state licensing in their AL department. But with time things are getting better. They have activities there that my parents par take in every now and then. The staff here is very good no problems with them. I would highly recommend this community to my family and friends.

Review of The Parkway Senior Living-Blue Springs, Mo

Everything is very nice there. Very clean, bright and cheery. Thomas and Cory are very kind, friendly and helpful. My Mom feel in love with it and is planning on moving in.

So far it's been wonderful.

So far it's been wonderful. Their food is excellent, it's really good. The people are extremely friendly. It's been a good move. They are so new, they are still working on the activities in the memory care. But so far we are really happy with them.

I like the friendliness of the environment. The staff is friendly.

staff hasn't dealt with anyone on long term care

The Parkway Senior Living is a brand new facility. We have had our hiccups with invoices and billing. We are pleased with the people here. The staff hasn't dealt with anyone on long term care. I don't think they have experience with anyone like mom as far as her insurance goes. I don't think the staff are aware that has every insurance company has different requirements. Mom is the first one that has had long term care at this facility. I would like to see the staff be more knowledgeable on moms benefits with her long term care and with insurance policies in general. Overall so far I am pleased with this facility.

An Excellent Place

They have taken care of her needs and helped her get in and settled and anything she asks about they take care of. She likes the food and being able to order what she wants, when she wants. If there is anything I would say about the place, it's that there isn't much parking.

moved him in before they were ready

At The Parkway Senior Living he is having trouble with the staff. We moved him in before they were ready to open. A lot of the issues had to do with that I think. Next year I may have a completely different review.