Bristol Manor of Pleasant Hill - Pleasant Hill, MO

All Good But Not The Right Fit

I went to tour this community and it was an okay experience. I was shown around and saw good interaction between the staff and residents. I thought they had quite a bit of residents here. The carpet could have been more clean. Housekeeping could stay on top of it. This was a big community and not the place we needed.

Poorly run place with bad help! !

My mother was at this horrible place a few years ago. She had diabetes, dementia and osteoarthritis. The meals that were served to her were not for diabetic patients. There was never enough food served to keep the elderly full. Mom's bathroom was always in poor shape. I had to go in an clean it myself. I went in to visit her several times at different times each day. I caught the girl several times being mean and yelling at the elderly several times. When I walked in an heard her yelling at my mother that was the end. I took her out to live with me for a while. All services are terrible there. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Admin is a great person.

Pass on this place.

There are no activities unless the residents do something on their own. The rules constantly change to benefit the staff. I've asked for a copy of the rules and regulations and have yet to see a copy. The food is terrible. For example, numerous times during the week they serve fish sticks, generic brands of chips, hot dogs, and cold cuts, anything that is cheap. Many times the residents have to leave the facility (if they have transportation) to get something decent to eat. The ones that can't leave have no other choice. Many repairs are needed but there is a two to eight week wait before the maintenance team show up to fix things. Sometimes, the repairs are never made. Staffing seems to be a problem as there is a huge turnover. My loved one will not be staying there much longer!

Bristol Manor is Nice

My mother seems comfortable and content after a couple weeks and that is my primary concern. She actually likes the food and the staff. I'm impressed with the overall cleanliness and the responsiveness of the staff

food service needs to be improved

The food service needs to be improved at Bristol Manor Of Pleasant Hill. They serve a lot of hot dogs and junk. I know they have a lot more in the budget and I would like to see them spend it on more quality food. Sometimes they don't always empty trash and clean the bathrooms. I know it is because they are short staffed. I would like to see them hire more staff and be more thorough . Mom took a while to adjust but she is getting there. Overall it has been a good experience.

Services provided at no additional cost:

Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Pleasant Hill and the surrounding area for 22 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/2x6KQS6411w