Essex of Grain Valley - Grain Valley, MO

More of a senior living with mild assistance. also no open rooms as of 4/21/18

Very nice. Rooms were large, the resident managers were very helpful and pleasant. Very clean place

A tour for care

I toured this community and it was very nice and taken care of. The menu looked appealing. They offer a lot of nice activities for the residents. The staff was able to answer this I would recommend this for families to come and see the community for the care for a loved one.

Only put family here if they can fend for themself

My father spent over a year in this facility. At first we just loved it. The 'apartment' is wonderful for the price, it was always clean. Staff would come in and wipe off the counter top and laundry was always freshly washed and folded. I actually thought of Sherry as family. However, within the last 6 months things changed. My father was sent to the hospital several times without me being informed even though I am his POA. I would tell Sherry to just give me a heads up and over and over again my request continued to be disregarded. We started to notice Sherry was becoming agitated at dad for falling for or for complaining of not feeling well. Prior to moving my father out of the facility a family member was notified by a visiting home healthcare nurse that dad had been again taken to the hospital by ambulance, I called and requested a call back. It never happened until I called the main headquarters. I have the message she left on my phone still complaining of how my father soiled himself and the floor and she was too busy to call me back. If your family member can fend for them self this place isn't bad. But if they need some special attention don't do it. [removed]

Essex of Grain Valley

I liked the Essex property from the first time I went inside to take a tour. It smelled like home cooked food and everything was very neat and clean inside and out. The staff and residents are very friendly and welcoming. Mom has only lived at the facility just under 1 month, but has already made many new friends and settled into the routine. They provide housekeeping and laundry services and serve three meals a day.

I toured other similar facilities, but the Essex stood out as a superior place for Mom and I couldn't be happier with their services. They provide superior care at an affordable rate.

Services provided at no additional cost:
Private room and private bath
3 nutritious meals per day and snacks
Medication administration including insulin administration
Housekeeping services
Laundry service
Activities

Our company has been providing care for Seniors since 1990 when we built our first Community.
We have served seniors in Grain Valley and the surrounding area for 8 years.
Our community is licensed by the MO Department of Health and Senior Services for 12 residents. Our small service number allows for the staff to really get to know the seniors who live with us – not just as a community resident, but as a person. Moving to a care facility can be frightening for both the resident and their family, but our trained staff help ease the transition with genuine caring, respect, and understanding of the feelings that accompany such a life change. Your loved one’s physical health, mental health, emotional needs and safety are important to us. Finding a community who knows how to address those needs are what we are all looking for, right?
A small community lends more to a large family setting rather than a nursing home setting. Residents have input on meals and activities in their community. It is a definitely a community intended to promote independence with helping hands when needed. Our community bridges the gap between not being able to stay at home alone and not needing the services of a nursing home.
We encourage you to tour our facility, learn more about us, and see the difference for yourself.

Please view our video at http://youtu.be/F-aEKBKEGqE