Addington Place of Lee's Summit - Lee's Summit, MO

Very nice. they are in the process of updating. Said thye would have rooms coming available, possibly this week, but they don't have one right now

Lauren Robb

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Addington Place of Lee's Summit! Thank you so much again for your feedback, we hope you have a great day!

Not Good For Dementia

I’ve thought a long time, since I moved my husband out of memory care unit at Addington Place in Lee’s Summit at the beginning of October 2017, about how to fairly rate the memory unit. My husband had vascular dementia. He had progressed to a point that he didn’t know who I was at times and became aggressive. They told me they could take good care of him as the disease continued. This was not true. They don’t have a nurse on site at night and the aids called in the middle of the night over everything. They did not know how to redirect him when he was agitated. They definitely don’t have the resources as mobility and eating become a problem with this terrible disease. My husband’s wedding ring was “lost” and never found. Their accounting was such a mess that I had to go and show them how they were trying to overcharge me by $1250. I would not recommend Addington for ANY one with dementia. I will always be so sad that I put my husband in this place.

Lauren Robb

Hi Diana, we want to extend our sincerest apologies concerning all the issues that you have faced. We strive to provide the highest quality care and standards for our residents and their families. We hope you will give us an opportunity to discuss this further with you. You can reach out to us on 81 6-[removed] or you can email us at [removed].

Probably will be our choice. It was massive (the hall ways). People seemed pleasant. Too bad small pets are not allowed. Sadly we believe the nursing home will be our eventual transition. Mom knows so many in this facility, it may be her preference over all. It feels like a community to her.

Nice, Friendly Community

My mother is better here in this community than where she was previous at. She is doing okay, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. I wish they had a better organization with their paper work, and finances. There is room for improvement in those areas. Other than those issues this is a nice community. They have a friendly, helpful staff. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are activities offered, and good meals provided. It is a community I would recommend, my mother is in good hands.

Great, clean, friendly place

This is a very nice friendly place. My dad is adjusting better than I expected. It was tough for this independent cowboy but he is doing very well. He is just waiting for his lady to be well enough to join him.

Mom is very happy!!

I am very happy with how things are going so far at this community for my mother. She is really happy which is the most important thing. They have a great food selection and the other residents have really been very welcoming to her. She often likes to participate in some of the activities they have to offer, they keep her busy throughout her day. Overall no complaints and would defiantly recommend it.

They Are Providing Good Care and Environment

It has been going well for my mom being in this community. I picked them because they are in a convenient location that is close to my house. I am happy with the care, staff, and cleanliness. My mom has 50/50 good meals. They serve a lot of fish and chicken. They can use a better quality of items to make the meals. I have been encouraging my mom to try activities and the some that we tried together was good.

Not As Friendly As We Hoped

For our scheduled tour we arrived early and saw that the community was doing a fire drill. We got to see a room and some of the community. We did not get a friendly feeling through out the community.

Fabulous Experience

My mother is doing fabulous here at this community. She has gotten involved in the community with the activities they have available. It has really been blessing with her move to this community. They are providing her with great care, and I'am pleased with everything. For the most part the staff is great, they have been helpful and attentive. Surprisingly she is pleased with the meals. Overall it has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community.

The Care Is Good, The Food Need Improvements

The care has been very good and my mom is doing fine since being here. Interaction between resident and staff is excellent. But I feel the memory care is not getting equal attention. At times the chicken is tough and the food has no flavor, improvement would be good. I have no issue with the cleanliness of the place. If food was better I could mention this community to others.

We are very happy!

We moved mom into Benton House when it was only a few months old. My mother has falling issues and they have worked with us to keep her safe. The apartment she has is very nice with lots of room for her to maneuver her wheel chair.

The staff is friendly and keeps her apartment very clean. They provide just the right kind of support by having an individual care plan.

My family and I have been very happy with all aspects of Benton House.

Wonderful Experience

Mom is doing wonderful at Benton House and she really loves it. The staff is really nice and friendly I haven't had any problems with them. There is a lot of activities for her to do which she loves, she has Jump right into a lot of new activities so that is really nice. She as only had few complaints about the food and it's temperature sometimes but over all its good. It has really been a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this community.

Benton House

Benton House of Lee’s Summit is so happy to hear about your family’s wonderful experience at our senior living community! Please know our team is always available to answer any questions you have and we thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Shear bliss for my Mom

My Mom is at The Benton House of Lee's Summit and is blissfully happy there. My husband and I check-in on her often to make certain she remains "blissfully happy". Only one "blip" to speak of which was handled expeditiously and professionally. Zero complaints, and abundant kudos to the staff! Our family adores them all!

no medicare, no storm shelter, did not check pricing, next to LS hospital, on the small side for active seniors; only a courtyard and dining area and library/entertainment area. Site faces a highway.

Benton House

Thank you for your comment. Although Assisted Living is not a service that Medicare funds at this time, there are funds often available through several programs that we would be more than happy to discuss with you.
I hope that on your tour of our community, the team member pointed out our safe areas for inclement weather.
Our communities are designed so that residents do not have to travel long distances to enjoy the beautiful common areas. In addition to this we do offer many opportunities to go shopping, sightseeing, eating, etc. We invite you to join us for one of our big community events so you can experience the excitement and fun our residents share.
We would love an opportunity to discuss your comments with you. Please feel free to contact us at [removed]. – Benton House of Lee’s Summit

Five-Star Rating

Their communication with us was very good. The staff is very friendly and very helpful and they are willing to go above and beyond to accommodate us and I really appreciated that about them at the Benton House.

Benton House

The Benton House of Lee’s Summit team is so happy to hear about your positive experience at our Senior Living Community! Thank you so much for taking to time to share your feedback and please know we are always available to assist with any questions! – Benton House

They put great care in caregiving

We placed our mother, suffering from Alzheimer's, in the Beacon at Benton House in Lees Summit after researching and investigating many places around. At first, her children wanted her at a closer facility (Kansas side) so that we could be available for emergencies but her husband lived in that area and we realized it was better for him if she was close by him.
Dropping her off the first night was very difficult for all of us as she didn't want to be there. They assured us that this was normal. They seemed very knowledgable and kind, very concerned for her comfort.
Within a few weeks, and with very few drugs, she was settled and at home there.
The caregivers are amazing! I love the individual attention they gave her. Many times when I came in dropping off supplies, I observed from afar. The workers were visiting with the residence and engaging them in playful conversation. In fact one of them danced with a resident as she was remembering the past.
The activity director planned many fun events and outings. She was always there making things happen.
Our mother wasn't the best eater but they got to know her behavior and came up with strategies to encourage her to eat
Even though she put up a fight at first, Mother was always dry, clean and groomed. No matter how difficult she was, they kept lovingly working with her and redirecting her till she felt comfortable with them. They did this without medicating her.
We were pleased that the nurses were always available for our questions and concerns.
They knew she was a fall risk so they kept a close eye on her but let us know right away any time she fell.
Having Lees Summit Hospital so close was comforting as she had been falling for quite some time. One of her falls caused them to think it necessary to have her checked out. After spending a few nights at Lees Summit Hospital, the Doctors there felt she needed to go to a facility that had skilled nursing to strengthen her. We agreed to let her go but after 4 days in a large government run facility she had actually gotten weaker and was confined to a wheel chair for the first time. They used drugs to keep her in line which kept her from being able to do any rehab and strengthening. We removed her at once and brought her back home to Benton.
The reception from the caregivers upon her arrival was heart warming. We knew then how much these workers really cared for her. They even sent her a little bear with get well wishes. We took her picture with the bear and sent it to them. They hung it on the refrigerator because they missed her.
The Beacon caregivers got her up and walking with her walker again within a few months with no "skilled nursing". We learned that there is a huge difference between skilled nursing and caregiving.
After 7 1/2 months, our mother suffered an aneurism and passed away Dec. 19. Our Benton House family has been unbelievably loving and kind through it all. Several of them even showed up at the funeral...with tears.
We have been so blessed to have found this place for her. We will miss our regular time with them but plan to come back to visit on occasion.
We could go on and on with stories of amazing over the top care, but for now we just want you to know if you are looking for a special place for your loved one, we highly recommend Benton House in Lees Summit.

It is amazing.

It is amazing. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. No complaints about food or anything else really. It was like walking into a hotel lobby, neat and clean, and very nice. They have a lot of activities that they offer too, so this was the perfect set up for my parents. The only reason I give it a four, is that a five doesn't leave room for improvement.

My friend's dad is really well cared for and very happy.

"My friend's parents were at the Benton House. My friend's father is still there. He really enjoys it there. It's a very nice facility. The people there are very nice. They have memory care, which is a plus. The gardens are very nice, I loved the gardens. All the staff are really nice. It, overall, just seemed like a really nice place. It's close and very clean. I mean completely clean. I did not get to try the food. My friend's dad gets all of his meals and has a care plan. If family wanted to supplement, they can bring in food. It doesn't have stairs. It has a common area and activities. One thing I found odd though, was that the family is responsible for the gloves, depends, etc. But my friend's dad is really well cared for and very happy so I really like it. Also, It has transportation to take them [the residents] elsewhere for shopping, etc. Also, it was close to the hospital and that was something else that I liked about it."

Caring employees always ready to help, keep residents active and involved

The facility is beautiful. The employees seem to care about the people who live there.

The employees give him alot of attention. There is always someone there to help her, and I like that. They help her to the bathroom, and to the table to eat. If she forgets to eat, they come get her.

They take them on outings, do exercises, have music, jigsaw puzzles. They do their best to try to stimulate the people.

I can't really think of a way they could improve. We're pretty happy.

Fantastic community

We've had a great experience with Benton House, they're really doing a fantastic job looking after our loved one. I'd give them 5s across the board! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all friendly and professional. You pay a hefty penny to stay here, but you can tell that most of that money goes to making sure the residents get the highest quality staff and services available!

Pretty good, but a few things could be better.

It's very clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They have activities, but they get cancelled a lot of times. The food I would give about a 4.5. There have been some issues with the laundry. The location itself, has a company come to draw blood and they come in the middle of the night because Benton House is on the first route for the company that comes out. We chose it because my parents were very impressed with the tour. I have heard nothing but good reports about them, they came highly recommended and are well thought of in the community. The location was also really good for us.

Seemed very nice!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking community! It was clean, well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly! Unfortunately our loved one suffered a complication that would have required medicine via injections temporarily, and that was not something they were able to handle here so we had to remove it from our list of options.

Benton House

Benton House of Lee’s Summit thanks you for taking the time to share about your experience at our senior living community. Benton House of Lee’s Summit can be reached at: [removed] and we are always available to answer any questions you have. Thank you!

Other than the food we are really happy with the place.

Food is an issue, I think the quality could be better. Other than that we are really happy with the place. There really isn't anything else I would like to see improved or done better. We liked the size, it's a little smaller, and the fact that there was good individual contact.

I was given a tour and was pleased! M...

I was given a tour and was pleased! My mother is a resident and each time I visit I have never been disappointed with her lifestyle or treatment. The staff are very friendly and go out of there way in the care and services of the residents!

We’ve had very good luck there.

We’ve had very good luck there. The care services are simply excellent. I’ve heard the activities are good. Very caring staff and my loved one had a very easy transition into the community. There’s good food. It’s helped his nutrition issues.

Benton House

Our Benton House senior living community team is dedicated to serving families and our residents. Benton House thanks you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback so we can strive to assist families even more! Please know if you need further assistance you may contact the Home Office at: [removed]. Thank you!

lovely place just not in my...

lovely place just not in my budget

Totally Terrific!

It is totally terrific, best thing ever. It's very, very clean. The staff takes care of the patients so well, they keep them active and healthy. It's just wonderful.

This is a very attractive, ...

This is a very attractive, well-kept facility. The apartment and the studio deluxe we saw were both very nice. The staff seemed kind and caring, and Karen is efficient and helpful. The residents we talked with spoke very highly of the facility, and assured us it was a great place to live.

Pleased So Far

My mom's got Alzheimer's so I don't think she can participate in a lot of the activities but I think they keep them involved as much as possible. They're not just letting her stay in their room. She's been there almost three months and I'm pleased right now. I think she's getting good care. The costs at the other ones were just about the same but this one is closer to my house and got back to me quickly.

Food is good and chef is accomodating

It's going really well, I don't have anything bad to say about it. They've got activities and the mind the tenants, if they want to go, they can and I think they do a really good job with their activities.
I've had lunch there and I thought it was good, the portions were good. I've been there where the chef has gone out at the beginning of each month to go over the menu with the residents and he gets their input. I can't believe he would take the time to do that and he also compromises. He had fish on the menu and for the people that didn't want fish he did chicken strips, I was really impressed.

Amazing place!

You should just grab this place if you can get in! They're taking care of him, my dad's never really participated but they try to keep him active. He's in the memory care part of it with dementia which is a little different than people going in for assisted living. They do have a lot of activities though, we ate there the first day and it was really good, it always smells really good and I asked one of the staff how the food was and they said they liked it. We looked at other places and nothing really measured up to it, it's just clean, bright and cherry, my husband wants to move in. It's just so nice, they've all been really nice, they're always smiling and always say hello.

Only a year old

Benton House is only about a year old. When I can to tour the community and size it up it was less institutional looking then other communities had more of a hotel feel to it. They has a few places to sit down outside and some rooms have patios. At the entrance of the community there is a porch where you can lounge around. The room seems pretty spacious it is about 600sqft. Benton House is a good thing so far and I would recommend them to anyone.

Welcome to Addington Place of Lee's Summit! A beautiful community of warmth decorated with fine furnishings, stunning artwork and more often than not the scent of something delicious baking in the kitchen. A place where independence thrives but help is just a call away.

Addington Place of Lee's Summit enjoys a full community life with a customized social calendar that includes exercise options, concerts, trips, religious services, cooking classes and more for our residents’ preference! We have a variety of apartment styles in Assisted Living and in our Memory Care Neighborhood to show you! Residents bring their own furnishing and keepsakes so the apartments can truly be their own. Also, our senior community offers a full array of services including medication assistance, enjoyable meals, housekeeping and dignified personal assistance by a qualified staff. We value choice and dignity providing a caring environment where friendships can flourish. When you’re here you’re home!