SummitView Terrace - Kansas City, MO

Very nice people there! The director has been there 3 years now. Smaller environment where all the staff really know all the residents. Older decor but very clean and well taken care of. Beautiful indoor/outdoor patio area to watch outside.

After a few re-scheduling on my part, I visited today, the 23rd, for a second visit. [Name removed] and [Name removed] answered my many questions in a friendly and knowledgeable manner. It is at the top of my list for a future move-in when the need arises.

Not in the running. Mom wants an apartment with a kitchen.

Visited in afternoon, had to find someone to help me. Person came and very helpful until Director, [Removed], came. She is very knowledgeable about the facility, able to answer questions about services to my satisfaction. RN/LPN on staff 24/7 with no large turnover in staff. Large areas for residents to walk around. Clean surroundings. They do provide transportation to doctors' appointments which I was very interested in. They provide 5 days/weekly which is perfect for our needs. Monthly fees include, meals,laundry,housekeeping,cable. Only expense for resident is telephone and medications.Toured a studio apartment which was a bit small but probably could hold queen size bed. Entry into shower in bathroom had ridge to step over. Not comfortable with that as client has Parkinsons Disease.Place is clean and staff is super friendly! Lots of activities scheduled. Drawback: $4380/monthly with $2500 non-refundable deposit. Out of our budget reach. Nice place but just too expensive for our budget. Thanks!!

Best Kept Secret in Assisted Living Facilities

My 88 year old mother liked the atmosphere of Summit View Terrace the moment we walked in. She's been a resident now for 15 days and still enjoys the pleasant surroundings, beautiful furnishings and staff. The staff are warm, understanding and thoughtful. Two long-term residents approached us to tell us that making the decision to move to SVT was the best decision they ever made.

Good Tour Overall of this Facility

I had a nice tour of this facility. The only reason we didn't choose this community is because budget, and location. However our tour went very well. The community looked nice. The staff was kind, and everyone was very friendly. It was a nice experience.

Great Amenities!!

The staff have done a great job at providing my loved one with great quality of care since he has made the move into this community. They where all very welcoming and made sure to get him acquainted with some of the other residents. He has slowly started to get involved some of the activities and really enjoys his dinning experience with his friends. I like that the property is always maintained and all of the rooms remain clean.

Lovely Place!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this facility. All of the staff where very welcoming and professional during our appointment. They offered us a chance to try one of there meals that they serve and had a great activity program and events for the residents throughout the week. When I had looked at the rooms they had showed us all of them where nicely maintained and kept very clean which was a big plus. It just was not the right fit for my mother but I would recommend this place to anyone looking

They go above and beyond!!

The community is in a countryfied atmosphere, meaning there is no houses or buildings around. As soon as you walk in you can feel the warmth and welcoming feeling. They only have about 40 residents, so its a small place and everyone knows everyone. They keep them very active, my loved one wakes up looking at the calendar to see what activities they have going on that day. The food is great, we have not found one bad thing about this place.

She Liked The Community Atmosphere

My mom was there for a few weeks and had to move into a different community. She was content with all the community has to offer. She liked the meal choices and enjoyed participating in activities. This community was picked by my mom because it had all she wanted and liked it.

Words Don't Express What One Sees, You Must See For Yourself

The first thing my mom noticed was the great cook. She loved all the meals, his food was amazing and he was professional. He keeps the portion well controlled and organized and he has the freshest salad bare ever! The community is the absolute wonderful, the best we have seen in 5 years. They are professional, compassionate and treat people with dignity. The check on everyone within 2 hours or sooner and as they pass the halls they pop in on the residents. I have watched them provide this care. Keep recommending people to them. Mom was happy everyday and happy to see the people and enjoyed them all.

Peek to the inner workings

I sleep well now. They check on residents about every two hours. Meal times are 1.5 hours long, but if you are late, they will make a meal for you. Breakfast, you tell them what you want. They have an entry of the day, but you can get several other items. Recent lunch: baked ham, yams, and mixed vegetables. Another lunch: soup with either ham and cheese sandwich or grilled cheese. Dinner, spaghett with big meatballs, and vegetables. Desserts: cobblers, puddings, cakes. Nurse available 24/7. Drs who go there include a hearing dr, 2 primary drs, podiatrist, psych. Low turnover of employees, and they actually smile and enjoy their jobs. Steady, good workers. Residents enjoy the workers and love the food. Visiting family members can eat there free. Halls wide enough for 3 wheelchairs abreast. Small facility built by the Masons. LPN administrator. In last 3 weeks, every request I had has been followed through. Suggestion: have them leave the room doors ajar at night so they do not awaken the residents when they open the door to check on the residents. Private rooms are good size. Semi=private rooms are also good size. You can drive a scooter into the bathroom. In semi private room, the hand sink is rather small with insufficient area to place items beside the sink. A little creativity with a basket or other container holds the necessary items very well. Employees have been there several years (i.e. the low turnover). The chef has been there 5 years. When a resident is ill for any reason or has difficulty moving (usually from pain), they bring a meal to your room. When my mother was ill, they held the cup and straw so she could drink well, and she drank half a glass of water. If resident does not awaken when called upon, they return an hour later so the resident can get a little more sleep. They are prompt giving pain pills when resident behaves like in pain or asks for painkiller. They always take time to contact the family if anything is unusual about the resident, for example, will not get out of bed; will not permit them to change the pad, etc. In unusual circumstance, they ask the family how the family prefer they handle the issue, and they answer all questions, etc. VERY clean facility! LOTS of room in main seating area where they have music shows. Activities daily, but not all day. They do not schedule something every 30 minutes. Not overwhelming for my 96-year-old mother. Tell them about a hearing problem, and they actually remember to speak up each time. Small facility enabled much closer 1-on-1 knowledge and comfort, even for residents with memory problems or periodic confusion. The continuity stabilizes residents - can remember and say, where is the girl who helped me this morning? I want the other woman whom I spoke with an hour ago (even though residents cannot remember names very well. The residents are friendly and happy.

This is an AWESOME Facility

My mother stayed here and she just LOVED this place. She is known to complain about everything, but she said, "I have no complaints!" Annie and her staff were very attentive, friendly, and catered to our every request. The place is extremely clean, Annie and all of the staff are extremely welcoming, professional, and make you feel right at home. The rooms are spacious and cozy. My mom made a lot of new friends and she also said the food was excellent. She said that she only had to wait about one minute or less for someone to come when she pushed her call button. She said she would love to come back. I can't say THANK YOU enough for the level of service and care my mom received. I would highly recommend this facility. It is definitely worth the investment for this is an AWESOME facility. Big thanks and hugs to you Annie and your staff.

Wonderful New Home!

My mom loves Summit View Terrace. They make her feel right at home. Mom told us she was afraid she wouldn't get enough food or like it. She says she gets plenty and it's wonderful. She says she loves everyone there. The entire staff goes the extra mile. Mom loves her separate living room and bedroom--lots of room!

An Excellent Tour

I like that everything is on one floor, there is an exercise room with equipment, and plenty of activities with a T.V. room. I was able to get to sample the food and I thought it tasted really good. I was shown a room but it was shared with a sink. It seemed small and my friend did not like it. The private rooms are gorgeous. My tour was given by a very engaging woman and gave a great experience.

The Tour Was Good But Not The Doors

My main concern I had noticed was with the doors. They did not seem to secure because it just had an alarm to alert but no other secured locks. I met with the director who answered all my questions and seemed to focus on our tour. The community was clean for the most part and I did not see any activities going on at the time.

Darren W.

My father is doing fantastic at SummitView. He has adjusted very well to the community and the people there. My concern would be with the cleanliness of the toliet in my father place and I actually clean it myself other then that it a very nice looking place. The staff here are very nice a friendly and helpful. My father has made a lot of new friends here and has even started playing bingo. Overall I'm very pleased with everything the community and everybody here made this a smooth transition.

We love it. It was a Godsend.

We love it. It was a Godsend. All you have to do is catch the maintenance man and he comes right in. She loves the food, she calls it down home cooking. The people are pretty friendly. We like that it's small enough. Annie is just as nice as she can be, and the caregivers all learned mom's name before she even got there. They have all bent over backwards to be helpful.

SummitView Terrace

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Our team works hard every day to deliver a great customer experience. Again, welcome to our community and please let us know if you need anything at all. My door is always open. Annie Cizerle, Administrator

impressed with the facility

The activities are good, I just wish I could my grandmother to participate. I was happy to get a place that was reasonable. The place has been very good about keeping her. I am really quite impressed with them.

We have been very happy with this facility

So far so good at SummitView Terrace. The administrator has been good, sincere, helpful, and really shows concern. The employees have really been good there. The only thing I would say needs improving is the staff helping the residents get showers and helping change their clothes. The food there is wonderful and the service too. We have been very happy with this facility.

blessing for my dad

summit view terrace has been a wonderful relief for the family to know that dad is in a caring, clean & nurturing environment..he had a stay at a rehab, then a nursing home for a short while before luckily finding this assisted living home. he has adjusted well, enjoys the good food & has made a few new buddies to talk & joke with. the activities are good..could always be more but overall we are very pleased with the attention & care dad is receiving. it is a place I feel good about calling dads "new home" & when I leave after a visit I'm comforted knowing he is in good hands & he also feels secure & good about making this transition at this time of his life!

Friendly people, good food!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at SummitView Terrace! The people here are very friendly, and they do a great job keeping the place looking well kept and clean! My loved one also really loves the food!

It's been okay. They may be a little short staffed, so it can take a while for things to get done. Baths don't get done sometimes, and laundry gets misplaced, and they have workers that do more than one thing. The staff is friendly. They offer some activities. I do get complaints abut the food, sometimes it comes cold, things like that. It was one of the nicer looking places around, and more reasonably priced, I liked that the assisted living doesn't go by level of care. We liked that it was a smaller place as well.

We are totally 100% happy with Summitview.

We are totally 100% happy with Summitview. They are very nice people, from the managers to the day to day workers. She seems to be well adjusted, and happy. She says the food seems to be good and seasoned well. They are very concerned about her, and even called to check on her, when she went with the family over Easter.

SummitView Terrace

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Our team works hard every day to deliver a great customer experience. We enjoy welcoming new family members to our home. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance or information. Our door is always open!

Annie Cizerle, Administrator

Family Friendly

Especially liked the smaller and personalized care provided
Activity Director very good in getting the residents involved so they will not stay in their room too much. You can easily observe the friendly family atmosphere through the happy residents.

SummitView Terrace

Thank you so much for sharing your comments. We really strive to create the type of atmostphere you described, and understand the value of making our community as much like home as possible. Again, thank you for the feedback but most importantly- giving us the opportunity to care for and be a part of your loved one's life.

Looked nice during the tour

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This community looked nice enough during the tour, and the staff we met were friendly, however it had a more businesslike feel than the community we ended up selecting. It didn't have the homey feel we were looking for. The price was also a bit higher than similar options we looked at.

January 2014 Review

The staff here is very friendly and caring about their residents and families. They are very aware of respecting residents' dignity. The facility has spacious common areas which include a beautiful chapel for church services, a game room for Bingo, etc., a sunroom with a good view of outdoor nature, and a huge "living room" area. The dining room food is generally very tasty. Negatives: The hallway lighting is a little dark and could be improved. No bathrooms have the higher-seated toilets and some sinks are dressed with dated "curtain skirts".

pat cokingtin

Thank you for sharing your comments about SummitView Terrace. Annie Cizerle and her staff work hard everyday to provide a great customer experience. The issue you noted regarding lighting in the hallways and bathroom updates are very appreciated and we'll be reviewing what can be done. In the meantime if we can secure a raised commode seat for your loved one - let Annie know. We'll be happy to do so. Again, thank you for sharing your review of our community - we're glad you chose SummitView Terrace.
Patricia Cokingtin
Senior Vice President, Americare

This is a beautiful facilit...

This is a beautiful facility in a calm, secluded setting. The building is in excellent condition, and very spacious. The apartment we saw was also very spacious- everything was clean and well-maintained. The staff, especially Annie, was very friendly and helpful. An impressive place.

pat cokingtin

Thank you for your review of SummitView Terrace. Our setting is so unique - quiet and secluded yet just minutes away from Lee's Summit's shopping and health care offerings. Our residents and their families just love it! Our administrator Annie Cizerle and her team work hard to ensure great quality service and a well-maintained community. We're so pleased you witnessed both on your visit! We look forward to serving you.

Patricia Cokingtin
Senior Vice President, Americare

Worked for our finances

We had financial reasons for choosing this community. It was the best one that could accommodate my cousin's money situation, literally the best we could do. I feel pretty good about it. I'm under the understanding that they will take Medicaid if and when her money runs out which was a factor.

They make a good first impression. It is a younger staff but I think they mean business. They seem devoted to the cause. I've only been there a few times - so far, so good!

Douglas,
We're so glad you chose SummitView Terrace. We feel we provide an exceptional value in assisted living in the Lee's Summit area. Our administrator Annie may look young - but she has over 10 years of assisted living management experience with Americare and has built a great team around her. I encourage others who are considering options in Lee's Summit to visit SummitView Terrace and compare. We're confident you'll be pleasantly surprised! Again, thank you for your comment.

Very nice. Was Masonic home. More iso...

Very nice. Was Masonic home. More isolated/rural than John Knox, and less expensive.

pat cokingtin

Thank you for touring Summit View Terrace. Our location is something our residents just love. We're only a 10 -minute drive to St.Luke's East - but we're set in a lovely rural area just 2 miles west of Unity Village. The best of both worlds!