There is not good communications with the staff at The Oaks!

They moved our loved one to the 2nd floor which is more for assisted living without notifying us. They also said it would be a gradual move and it was not. The first floor that we have seen was clean, however we have not seen the other floor she was moved to. They offer good healthy meals. and daily activities such as movies & singalongs. I would recommend this community.

It Worked Out For My Dad

I appreciate Ms. [Removed] for helping me find a place for my dad. I am happy with the care and all has worked out. The staff are good people that I can speak to with no problems. it is a clean community and it is a good place. However, at times they try to let him be independent and they do not always make sure he is dressed properly.

The Oaks

My mom has only been at The Oaks for a short time but they do seem to be trying very hard to take care of her very challenging needs. The Oaks is located in a quiet and woodsy part of the city, the rooms are lovely and well-suited, and the meals seem well-made.

Hopeful That It Will Be A Good Place

Overall, it is a good place. However, it requires some advocacy on the side of the family so that your loved one gets the specific kind of attention that they need. I am hopeful that it will be the best spot for my dad.

Be Careful

The Oaks represents itself as an all-Alzheimer's facility will differing levels of care. Nonetheless, their staff is not well trained to deal with difficult transitions. They did not manage the one for my partner well at all.

I liked that they had levels of dementia care.

This is one of the communities I considered when I was looking for options. I liked that they had levels of dementia care, not all just lumped together. I didn't see anything wrong with them but I did see a negative review, and the other place I was considering was a little closer.

Friendly, welcoming staff!

Things have gone great so far at The Oaks! They really go out of their way to introduce new residents to the community and help them settle in. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the residents and staff all seem happy and friendly! My sister really seems to be enjoying herself here, and she's had nothing but good things to say about the food! They are definitely worth a look, if you are looking into senior living in the area!

Review of The Oaks in Wyncote, PA

So far everything has been great.

Review of The Oaks in Wyncote, PA

My mother receives very good care and has her needs met. I am aware of the budget deficits, but would like to see more staff present. This would reduce the amount of unknown accidents in the facility. The staff who are present do a wonderful job.

Review of The Oaks in Wyncote, PA

I am very pleased with The Oaks.

Review of The Oaks in Wyncote, PA

Very clean, friendly and helpful. Concerned with patients care. Very Understanding. Great housekeeping and maintenance staff. Yest, they "Aim to Please"!

Review of The Oaks in Wyncote, PA

This was a great place for my father. Could not ask for a better community. A God send.

sorry but did not have good...

sorry but did not have good feeling the minute we walk in door tour was at 6pm done by staff member not by director of admission and marketing both my wife and I did not feel comfortable

At The Oaks, a Genesis HealthCare facility, we offer active seniors a fun, dynamic lifestyle in our Assisted Living facility. This lively community supports each resident's independence, while also offering personalized health care services if they're ever needed.

At The Oaks, the consistent, stable staffing of our Homestead Units also creates a warm and caring home-like environment for our residents afflicted with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. Specially trained to care for people with these diseases, our staff creates individualized care programs that build on each resident’s strengths and abilities.