The Landing at Willow Grove - Willow Grove, PA

I am reserving giving this 5 stars....but this was close.
[Name removed] was my host. Charming. Informative. Caring. Engaged. She loves her job...refreshing.
Beautiful facility. Great staff.
Def on the list.

We really liked this facility, very airy and bright. [name removed] was very helpful and informative. This may be a good place for my husband.

Crystal at the Landing was knowledgeable, informative and very helpful with all my questions. I was very impressed by the staff and overall amenities offered by The Landing.

Sun room addition is very nice, lake w/swans makes a lovely view. Splitting members by floor makes it not overwhelming.

Toured this community. Staff friendly and informative. Had a clean environment and lot's of activities. Residents appeared happy and well cared for. Lot's of construction going on right now, but I think it will be a positive for the community when it is finished.

beautiful view of the large lake from almost every angle. staff was amazingly freindly. menu looked very tasty with lots of good choices. room sizes kind of smaller then i would have liked. price very reasonable. residents seemed interactive and activity schedule looked pretty good. pets are allowed if you can care for them. only thing i wasnt crazy about is the hallways to the rooms had a very apartment feel and not very homey.

The first time walking in, I knew this wasn't a good place. The managers that work at The Landing are very rude and have no gratitude. The food is very gross. Someone was waiting 40 minutes just to get some soup in his room. I don't recommend this place. STAY AWAY. The only good thing is they keep it somewhat clean. Also, the aids are nice, but some of them are very young. It is very expensive, and I think they have changed the name a few time, for an odd reason... Anyways, take your loved one somewhere.

Ducks In The Pond

The one thing that the sales person who was nice and friendly was focusing on was that the pond has ducks in it. The community was nice very clean it has recently been renovated in the last few years. I could just tell that it wouldn't be a good fit for my mom.

Very nice community

We had a very informative tour and the staff was friendly they took their time showing us around and answering our questions. The community was nice inside not as bright and open as I would like and we felt that it was too big for what we wanted for our mother.

Dreary dementia unit...

After visiting this facility, I found that it was a nice place, but I did not like their dementia unit. It is very dark and dreary, and almost prison-like. My mother is suffering from dementia, and I was not comfortable at all with the thought of placing her here.

A Good Tour

On this tour I took friends with me. We thought this community was immaculate. The women was informative on the tour. I smelled a clean community but they were expensive too and had to make sure we can budget the move.

Very nice place!

I toured this community for my mother in law and my father has actually moved in. He is happy and says that the staff is treating him well. The place is clean and organized, he is happy with his move in but certain things about the place made it not a good fit for my mother in law.

Fantastic Meals and Attentive Staff

My wife is living in a well clean community where everything is going well. The staff are very attentive to the needs for my wife and the residents. She loves the meals and has been eating everything they give her. The could have more activities but it is pretty good. I like that they try to do something nice in the afternoon for all the residents.

Good Community, and I would Recommend It

I had a good tour of this community. It was a nice experience. From what we saw the community looked nice and clean. Everything was very well maintained. The staff was kind and very friendly. This is a nice community with kind people. This is a community I would recommend, my tour went very well.

My Mother Is Doing Swell At This Community

My mother is doing very well here, she has adjusted well to it. I know she is safe and in good hands here. They have lovely staff, they are very helpful and responsive. There activities activities offered, but I wish there was more of a variety to choose from. I've tried some of the meals and they are great. She is pleased with the dining experience. I know she is being cared for very well here. I would recommend this community, it is a great place.

Disgusted. Disappointed! They sell you the moon but they don't deliver on anything. The community has a culture where management lies. We strongly advise that you Do Not entrust them to care upon your elderly loved one.

Nice Tour And Nice Staff

I liked the tour of the community. They knew what they talking about when asking questions. I was offered a complimentary meals and it was a good sufficient meal. I didn't see too many activities but I saw the activities room. It was lunch time when I arrived and the staff were attentive to residents during their meal.

An Unplanned Visit

I decided to stop by for a quick visit and got an okay tour. I was able to get a person to walk me around. She did the best that she could for not being scheduled in. After seeing what I was able to view, I was not too crazy about the place.

Review of The Landing at Willow Grove - Willow Grove, PA

This was a very lovely place nice and clean. The staff was friendly. And I love the lake side view it was peaceful

Review of The Landing At Willow Grove-Willow Grove, Pa

I toured for my god mother. The admissions department spent a great deal of time with me. We first sat in the dining room, which overlooked a lake with swan ducks. I immediately felt at ease. I can honestly say I felt a connection and although this community is a distance, I am leaning towards choosing them. It's the people inside the walls that makes a difference.

Overall I have been very pleased.

Overall I have been very pleased. They have done some sprucing up, and they have done some painting. I would recommend the place for others I really would.

The director is a liar

My grandfather resided here for 3 whole days and had a set back and needed to go back to the hospital. We were told he was welcome to come back then 4 days later the director said she would go assess him and decide she never assessed him and said he couldn't come back. They wouldn't refund much of his money and now has no money to go anywhere else until next month and he will be discharged soon from the hospital. They had no consideration of his condition and he is a veteran.

Terri Carr was very helpful. she patiently answered our many questions and gave us a tour. We have just started our search to help us decide on the net step for my mother's care.

They are fine and dandy!

They are doing a good job so far. I am happy with them. I don't have any complaints. I would rate them at a five. They are fine and dandy!

I'm happy so far.

I'm happy so far. I don't really have any complaints. The only thing I would like is some more activity on the weekends. I chose them because they were smaller, and just in the beginning stages, and I thought they would get to know him. I like that his room looks out over a pond with ducks and geese. They were comparably reasonable in price, and very accommodating.

Upon walking in, I noticed there was live music playing. There was also a gorgeous lake in the back. If Nana were to stay here, she would be able to look out and see the lake, but not able to go outside to enjoy it, as the memory care unit's outside area is towards the front, by the parking lot. It is nice, though. The rooms are nice and have a bathroom. There is no kitchenette area. It was mentioned that they do have companion rooms, so Nana could stay in a companion room, however no one else would be in there with her as there is no one waiting for a companion room at this time. The memory care unit is one long hall and there is no stratification of patients. Some are severely suffering, others are not. I do like their all inclusive pricing model. It may be a bit far, as it is next to Thunderbird Lanes in Willow Grove.

The Landing is a very nice, clean facility. The dining room and lounge areas look out over the lake with ducks, swans, geese, etc. and is a lovely view which dad enjoys. Dad likes the food, although I wish they would serve some salads and green veggies sometimes.
The staff are very friendly. The front desk ladies are welcoming and cheery.
The care has not been up to the level I was expecting from information I was given or told, but dad is still settling in so it may take a bit to get everyone used to the routine.
Most concerns I have expressed to the staff have been addressed. The nursing employees have been very helpful and the head of nursing is open to my concerns and will get back to me with answers to my questions in a timely manner.

amazingly kind and attentive

Their contracted services works very well and they are all very very good. The staff is amazingly kind and attentive, and that is huge! I would say they have some communication issues across the departments which makes me have to follow up a lot myself to make sure things get done sometimes.

They are under construction at the moment so there is the effect that has on the appearance and such, but of course that will pass in time.

Run from the Landing!

This place looks good at first, but they really let us down! I would recommend you speak directly with the director about the care that your loved one needs. The sales director fed us a line of BS that turned out to not be enforceable by the staff. And they had a big attitude about how little they were actually caring for my mother. She does wander, and they could not keep her secure because the supposed "secure" entrances and exits were all open due to renovations. I was promised in my preliminary meetings with the Sales Mgr. that this would not be a problem. My mom was there less than a week when I got the call that I had to get there as soon as possible to move her out. The temperature in the building is very inconsistent. The food seems ok, the water fowl lake is very nice, but the communication between departments sucks. They put my sister and I in a very difficult position, I will NOT recommend them to ANYONE. Too bad, as it is probably going to be a very nice looking place after the renovations are done.

They cannot handle basic memory care issues!

Do NOT send your loved one here if they have any Memory issues. The staff there are totally unable to handle even the most basic of memory care issues. My loved one has dementia and the staff there decided to send her to the ER for a basic dementia symptom. They were asking us how to deal with the situation when we are paying them to provide those services. If all you need is an apartment with food served and basic services, that is fine, but don't believe them when they claim they understand memory issues, it isn't true.

My loved one has been at The Landing ...

My loved one has been at The Landing at Willow Grove for about a month now and we're pretty satisfied with the services. They are currently under construction so there's some disorganization right now. The staff there is very caring, and the head people are very engaged if there's ever a problem. The food is quite good, and they offer a lot of activities. My loved one is adjusting, but he's happy at The Landing at Willow Grove.

Showing a lot of improvement

Things have really improved here since the new management took over. They're putting a lot of money into improving things that had been lacking before, and the staff have shown a lot of improvement as well. The price is about in line with what they provide, not what I'd call a "deal", but not overpriced.

Terrible uncaring place

My mom lived there for 7 months and the only good thing I have to say is the nursing staff was great. My mom was personal care.When she passed away within less then a week they emptied out her apt and threw all her belongings into an empty apt. It was very disrespectful and they rented out her room in less then a week before we could get there to collect her belongings.She passed We had the funeral then went to collect her belongings.It was a very emotional time and they made it even harder plus they are suing me..a single mom for the money my mom owed..I would never recommend them..very fake.. pretending to care but it all comes down to money

The first thing that happen...

The first thing that happened as we were waiting for our appointment here was that a well-appointed woman with a walker said, 'If you want to have a heart attack, stay on that couch. You will hear things that will give you a heart attack. People screaming and no one helps them...' She was clearly addled, but it was not a good first impression. I didn't think The Landing was a good fit for my mom.

Beautiful Lake

They seem to know everyone and care a lot. They can give individual attention. They have a beautiful dining room, beautiful setting. We ate lunch there once and it was fine. There is a deck that overlooks a beautiful lake.

This facility had a nursing...

This facility had a nursing home feel. I was looking for one with a community feeling.

Great experience so far

All of our experiences with this community have been great so far. We are definitely getting our money's worth. The staff has been great from the very beginning. From the interview to the follow through, they have been very helpful, accommodating, and understanding. The building is slightly dated, but it is bright and open and they are in the process of modernizing it. The food is also great. Definitely worth checking out!

happy

The staff very helpful, outgoing and friendly. They seem to know everyones name it shows they care. I have not heard any complaints from other residents i find that to be comforting.

Thumbs Up for Willow Lake

Friendly, informative staff.

Ashley Magill

Thank you for your review. Customer service and training are top priorities at Willow Lake. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to serve your family.

Seemed homey and the people...

Seemed homey and the people were friendly. The marketing person knew the residents and seemed to really care about them. Facilities looked clean and well kept.

In reality Willow Lake was chosen out...

In reality Willow Lake was chosen out of desperation, we were set to move to another place but circumstances led us here and I actually ended up liking Willow Lake better. It is hard to rate the value as I don't have much to compare it to, I looked at several different facilities but all provided different ranges of care services, so there was no real "apple to apple" value comparisons I could make. My mother likes Wilow Lake very much.

Liked the place--will take Mom back f...

Liked the place--will take Mom back for lunch

Tour of facility with the Head of Foo...

Tour of facility with the Head of Food Services. Lake front facility with ducks and birds Residents looked and sounded happy Chef discussed facility will consider starting a garden Staff was friendly Facility was very clean w/ no odor.

Willow Lake, offering luxurious retirement assited living is located in the town of Willow Grove, PA in the upper Moreland township of Montgomery County. The town is located about 20 miles North of Philadelphia, and is convenient to the Pennsylvania Turnpike and Route 611. Willow Grove is a small residential town with friendly neighbors, beautiful homes and landscape outlined by its lovely rolling hills. One of the main attractions of Willow Grove is the fabulous Willow Grove Park mall.

As you enter the breathtaking Willow Lake senior living community, you feel as if you are in a spectacular lakeside resort. The community sits directly on Willow Lake, which is precisely where the assisted living community got its name. Adjoining the front lobby, your view is of the large window framed dining room, overlooking the tranquil water of Willow Lake.

From the breathtaking lakeside dining room, to the piano lounge, and beautiful living room areas throughout, Willow Lake has it all.

Whether enjoying coffee in the charming lobby, a game of bingo in the activity center, mingling with new residents at an ice cream social or joining a live performance in the piano lounge… Willow Lake’s lifestyle offers something for everyone!

At Willow Lake retirement community, hospitality is the primary focus of all associates. Team members, many of which have been with the community for over ten years, cater to each resident’s individual needs making gracious service a way of life.