Sunrise of Abington - Abington, PA

This community is very nice. The staff ares

perfect place but studio not available and 1 bedroom is pricey but would still consider

When we arrived we were old that they were not expecting us but [name removed] spent a lot of time with us and showed us available rooms. She answered all our questions and was extremely nice. This was the facility the we. were most impressed with that day

Very helpful staff. Lovely, quiet setting. Had catholic activities and many more that I am looking for. Small unit possible so she would not be overwhelmed. Attractive dining area and so much more. Not sure if they accept Medicaid, will need to check. Closer to me and hospital I am familiar with.

We loved it. We've decided, however, that we don't want to move my Father in law out of The Bridges of Warwick (memory care). That being said we still are interested in independent living for my mother in law but she feels as though Abington is too far. We are definitely keeping it on the FRONT burner, however and hope to decide before the end of February so we can take advantage of the waiving of the $3,000 entrance fee. We really liked it here!!

Really liked this home, just not the best location for daughter.

We found this to be a most attractive facility, and it goes to the head of the list of our possible future residences. The larger 1-bedroom apartment would seem to be just right for us. Their amenities may not be quite as extensive as those at some other places, but nothing that we need is missing, and the result is a significantly lower monthly rent. Also there is no large buy-in fee.

Choice of rooms dissuaded us. The available rooms were either oddly shaped or too small.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email [removed] with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

How I Felt About the Tour

The tour was real nice and I got to see if this was a good fit for me. While it would have been nice to stay they were not able to give me the full care that I needed.

Just not a good fit for my mom

Sunrise Senior Living of Abington was beautiful. The staff gave a wonderful tour of the community. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were very small and did not provide the comfortable feel we were looking for in a community for my mom. And when you left the grounds it was so busy and crowded that it felt very commercial.

Dad is still adjusting but things are going well.

My father moved here and it still adjusting. It's very clean with a friendly staff. I wish he was more involved in the activities they offer but that will come with time. We chose this community because it was close and had a good reputation. I would recommend this community to my friends and loved ones.

A tour

This looked like a very nice community when we visited. The people we met were nice and the community seemed clean. This community was a little larger than what we were looking for.

The facility has the feel of a resort on the outside and a hotel on the inside. The facility has a modern, clean feel and several memory stations spread through the memory care unit. The residents seemed to be content. I dropped in a story activity which was well attended. [Removed] was helpful in answering my questions and addressing my concerns.

My mother's choice!

Our tour of the Sunrise Senior Living of Abington went great. My mother loved the community, the place was very clean and well maintained. Everyone that we came in contact with was very nice and it was my mother's first choice. The reason why we decided on another place was location. This place was located too far frim her loved ones.

I Had A Visit Here

It was a nice place to see for a tour. It was a nice facility. The people were not as open and friendly.

Sunrise Senior Living

Nice Tour

My tour of this community was a good one. This is a nice looking community, everything was very kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a good experience, and I would recommend it. It is good place with friendly people. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

very nice a little to far h...

very nice a little to far home price was a little on high side

For cleanliness and people being friendly you couldn't ask for anything better.

In the beginning they were fine, there was a problem in the dining room ceiling and that affected the call button, she had to wait a while. After it was fixed, there was a time we had to wait almost an hour. The people are always nice and everything, the only problem I have is the activities, for a while it seemed like there wasn't anything happening. When they had them they were really good, but it's not consistent. Nobody knows where anything is happening. We have asked how to get to the other building and they didn't seem to know. Communication among the employees could be better. The food has always been good. The servers are always so nice. The laundry went down and didn't get her bag back, and some articles went missing. For cleanliness and people being friendly you couldn't ask for anything better. They have been very attentive, and helpful.

Sunrise of Abington is the Answer to our Prayers!

Deciding to place our beloved Dad in a home away from home was a devastating and extremely emotional decision to make. We thank God for Sunrise of Abington everyday. It is a beautiful place in every sense of the word! The facility is gorgeous, the rooms are immaculate and the food is superb. However, it is the people who care for my Dad that make Sunrise such a superior place. You can feel the love here. Sunrise is truly the answer to our prayers. Our Dad is safe, well cared for, and treated with dignity, respect and love. His individual needs - physical, emotional, spiritual, psychological - are all well-known and well-met at Sunrise. My Dad received physical and occupational therapy right at the facility, and his doctors visit him right in his room. Activities abound and my Dad's day is filled with stimulating games, great meals, and good company. The staff is extraordinary. They are knowledgeable and competent, and treat the residents as if they were family members. Staff members really CARE for my Dad, and he in turn feels comfortable, secure and loved. My Dad truly cares for the people who take care of him. In addition, he has developed meaningful friendships with several of the other residents. Sunrise is his home, and we could not be more grateful for the wonderful atmosphere in which he resides.

Very pleased with the place

Overall this is a very nice place! It's somewhere we've used more than once, for different loves ones, and if it came to it I wouldn't mind staying here myself! It's in a nice part of town, and the surroundings are beautiful. The staff are all very nice, and keep everyone comfortable and the place nice and clean.
I do wish there was a bit more variety in the activities, and they could use more frequent transportation options.

This was a very nice and fr...

This was a very nice and friendly place. However, it did not fit in our budget.

A caring place

My mother arrived 10/1/13 and the staff has been wonderful. She has gained weight and her
memory is improving slowly. My sisters and I are pleased with the care she is receiving here.

Staff left a lot to be desired

This was a very nice looking community, it was clean, and provides all the same good amenities as the other Sunrise communities I looked at. However the staff here did not impress me at all. It was very sterile feeling, no real warmth or compassion, and that really turned me off to this place.

A lot to offer

This was a nice looking place, and everyone was friendly during my tour. They had a lot to offer, all kinds of activities and services, but I think it would have been more than Dad needed. He would not have used most of the extras they provided, and it wouldn't have justified the higher price.

Their largest room was not big enough for me, but I liked it anyway.

Their largest room was not big enough for me, but I liked it anyway. It had a lot of windows and I liked that idea. It's a pretty building, I think it must be pretty new. They have these circular rooms. But I have since talked to several people and they say sunrise doesn't compare to where I am now.

Sunrise certainly brought a whole new outlook on life to my Elder Client.

I became a caregiver to an elderly woman who was literally withdrawing from society and ignoring her health issues. The loss of her husband compounded her mental status. After exhausting attempts to provide agencies to aide her situation, the problem still pursued. Finally, I convinced my client to visit Sunrise, and she signed the dotted line without coercion or convincing. Now, my client has a life again!!! All she needs to do is venture out the apartment door and people, activities and food are available to her. No more isolation and despair. Malnutrition is not an issue any longer. In fact, she is so busy now, no one can reach her on the phone. Unlike the past, where her only human contact was the phone. She is no longer a nuisance to others. Everyone she knows recognizes and praises her decision to select Sunrise .

Placement of spouse

overall review of the facility was pleasing. Staff friendly and helpful. Competent and willing to take care of resident as needed. Pleasant surroundings with activities for all to enjoy.

We're Very Happy With Sunrise!

I've been very happy with them. It's a very good place. I like the way that it looks homey and I like how nice the staff is. My father has had a couple of problems and they are willing to work with you. It's like they can't do enough for you. He's gone from the independent living to more care and they couldn't have been nicer about the whole transition.

Very, very nice place. Nice...

Very, very nice place. Nice location. Lot of activites that my mom would enjoy in the independent living section. This place is still on our list of possibilities.

A beautiful facility. Staff was frie...

A beautiful facility. Staff was friendly & informative. Definitely in the running.

Great place for alzheimer patient. c...

Great place for alzheimer patient. care and approach were aligned around patient. facility very nice. spent a lot of time with us. due to mom being fall risk and need more attention not sure aht assited living is for her.

Worth considering.

Worth considering.

?Easily accessible concierge service ...

?Easily accessible concierge service ?Communication with residents' physicians ?Restaurant-style meals ?Full day of activities

This one is being considered. We like...

This one is being considered. We liked the facility..

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized personal care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.