The Terrace at Chestnut Hill - Philadelphia, PA

You’ve never seen senior living quite like this! Located in one of Philadelphia’s most desirable neighborhoods, Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill offers assisted living with a blend of historic charm and modern conveniences. You will find, as others have, that The Arbor Advantage means the best in compassionate care, and this care is what sets us apart from the rest. Along with the selection of a surprisingly affordable apartment, residents at Arbor Terrace also benefit from:

- A wellness program with licensed nurses on staff giving clinical assurance that our residents are receiving the best possible care.
- Tenured staff, many with over 15 years of dedication to our community and residents.
- On-site Therapy and Rehabilitation.
- A vibrant activity program which includes an individualized approach to engagement and serves residents at all levels of interest and ability.
- Three meals served daily in our recently renovated dining room with snack available throughout the day
- Personal Affordability Assessments, including:
~Cost Comparisons and Tax Deductibility Information
~Veterans Assistance and Financing Options
- Managed by the Arbor Company with over 20 years experience in senior living management

Good Tour, Friendly Staff

I had a pretty good tour of this facility. Everything looked nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff was kind, and friendly. It was a good experience, and they were very kind to my family and I. There were many factors that played into where to move my aunt too. Unfortunately she didn't feel this was the place for her.

I would not send anyone to the Terrace at Chestnut Hill.

I would not send anyone to the Terrace at Chestnut Hill. They changed hands 3 times in the time we were there, and each time it got worse. The staffing is terrible and they are understaffed and have no compassion for their residents. It was just a business, and the bottom line seemed to be the main objective, rather than the care of the residents.

Janet Davis

We apologize for your experience. We are quickly addressing these issues to provide the most caring environment for our residents.

New Management needs Major Overhaul!!!

Service has declined since under new management.
No one is responsible on or off site. Something needs to be done! I have repeatedly tried to contact in house and off site management via emails, phone calls and on site visits....No Response!!!

Janet Davis

Overall very positive. Staff people are excellent.

I am very happy with the care that my dad is getting.

I am very happy with the care that my dad is getting. The parking lot is small, so it's a little tight. Other than that, everything has been very good. The food is good. The communication with the staff has been excellent. I would recommend the Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill to anyone. It's a nice and clean facility. The value is excellent. They do a good job at taking care of my dad. It has been a good experience.

Caring, professional staff

I think they do an excellent job at Arbor Terrace at Chestnut Hill. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and I like that it is on the smaller side so as not to be too overwhelming for my loved one. The care staff here does a fantastic job, they are all long-term employees and are very personal, caring, and professional. I do think Arbor Terrace is on the higher side of the price scale, but nothing too exorbitant.

I am very satisfied with them so far.

I am very satisfied with them so far. I think the care is excellent. It's overall clean and well maintained. I liked the memory care program. I like the homey feeling, it doesn't feel like an institution. I like that there is some diversity to the population here.

I think they are doing great so far.

I think they are doing great so far. It's still new, and we don't live nearby, so we aren't there everyday. We haven't had any complaints, and every time we have visited, everything has been great. They are even letting us have friends and family come to have a birthday party for her. We are very happy with them so far.

They are doing a wonderful job. I am very pleased.

They are doing a wonderful job. I am very pleased. They are phenomenal, the level of caring and professionalism, I can't say enough. It is such a relief to know that she is taken care of. They are phenomenal, I can't say anything bad about them. I want them to have a five plus!!

Don't bother going here. Absolutely no parking at all. I was there on a weekday in the early afternoon. Program seemed ok, but rooms were ave and not worth the money.

A pleasant place for the memory impaired

My husband has only been there a short time, but I really like the way that every one makes him feel welcome. The staff is friendly and patient. They provide a lot of activities for all levels for the residents. Every one is kept clean, the place has a nice atmosphere.

Some things are good and some aren't so good.

Somethings are good and some aren't so good. There were some things they were going to get done, that haven't yet. I don't have any concerns about how clean it's kept. The first week we had an issue with one of the care managers, everyone else has been very nice. The common area could use a little more light, and perhaps some matching couches. They were very good about staying on top of the medication and they are good with communication. We liked the location. There have been some little things that took a while to get set up. The director of the dementia unit is lovely, and the other people are nice.

Really Pretty

It was too far away from us. It was really pretty. I liked the outside areas. I liked everything about it.

There was a strong sense of...

There was a strong sense of community and everyone was very friendly. Lot's of activities. Very engaging, Thus far first choice.

Arbor Terrace of Chestnuthill PA 19118

My Mother has been there a little over a month. So far we have no complaints. It is a very attractive facility. They do their best to make it warm and inviting. The staff from the directors to the care aides are very friendly and competent. They keep the building clean, odor free, and do their best to address any complaints about temperature, etc.

So far it's been great.

So far it's been great. I know that there is a lot of food. I think their rooms are really small so for people who are hanging out in their rooms it's really tiny, They kind of make up for it with large common areas, which is good because it gets them out of their rooms, if the rooms were too big then people wouldn't leave them. I think that some of the rooms are smaller than dorm size. People were very friendly there and we felt like my grandfather would like it there.

Mom lived here for a month

Arbor terrace has lots of activities on its calendar. My mom mostly watched tv. She did some activities but she was not engaged. Most days she had breakfast from around 9 until 11. They would wake her up around 6 am, get her dressed and then put her back to bed. She had a very small shared room. Her walker did not fit in the bathroom. It was pretty cramped for someone who needs help using the bathroom. The staff were nice and friendly, but I felt that it was quite understaffed. I found it to be depressing. The management was a little agressive with me when I complained. The food service guy was helpful. The quality of food was low. No bananas in the entire building when I asked for one. There was no milk on the entire memory unit side. The dining room where she ate was cramped and dingy.

Very nice place. Many posit...

Very nice place. Many positive features. However, it is too far away from us and my children. Also, they have no skilled nurse on night shift in the skilled nursing section, only a medication manager and nurse's aide.

Arbor Terrace was outstandi...

Arbor Terrace was outstanding. I think this would be my first choice. It had everything I was looking for. Just not sure if I am set to do this now. I may waiting for another year or two. Also there is a one time Community fee, not as high as some of the other. Food was outstanding here too.

Thank you for your help, An...

Thank you for your help, Annie! It's just right for my dad. He's looking forward to his move!

Nice place

I would recommend the property, The property is clean, the employees are friendly and caring, the food is ok..

Layout a bit confusing,heavy traffic ...

Layout a bit confusing,heavy traffic flow on Stenton Ave and inside with hsekping/food carts. Clean-staff speaks with residents thru out travels**

I feel confident after the tour and m...

I feel confident after the tour and meeting some of the staff that my father would be in good hands here @ Arbor Terrance. The director couldn't have been more helpful, reassuring and personable. The community is homey and has a feeling of serenity. Thanks.

Very impressive! The rooms seem a li...

Very impressive! The rooms seem a little bit bigger than most and the whole feel of the place is warmer and friendlier. The location is great too.

beautiful and clean...not sure it's a...

beautiful and clean...not sure it's a fit for Mom

really liked it...not thrilled with t...

really liked it...not thrilled with the $3000 community fee.