Nice Experience Overall

We toured this community for my mother, and her needs. Our tour went well, but this wasn't the community for us. However everyone was kind to my family, and I. The experience went well overall.

No Understanding of Memory Care

We used this community and it did not work out, he was there for an hour. They couldn't handle him. They went out and assessed him, accepted him, and then he acted up and they sent him back to the geriatric ward.

Care and Comfort

We are very happy with the good care at this very clean community. We like knowing that the staff is caring and very friendly. The menu is outstanding and healthy. It is nice to know that he is involved with the activities. We would recommend this community for the good care and value for other families.

It Would Be Nice to Get

Overall the general care is okay. Sometimes there are not enough staff to get medication or anything we need. It takes awhile for someone to get to my mom. It would be nice to not wait long. The meals are not gourmet but it is pretty good. It took a while for them to communicate to the staff to have her meals cut up.

Third Floor Warning

This review is specific to the third floor. If you are thinking about moving your loved one to the third floor I would suggest you schedule your visit between 4 and 5 and see where the residents are kept - in the hallway, in front of the nurse's station with no engagement at all by the staff. The caregivers on that floor do not care at all. They are rude and rough to the residents and to family members alike. Please ask to see the area to the right of the elevator. That is where your loved one will have daily "activities", eat dinner and live. It will not be on the first floor that you will be shown that presents so well. Communication with the supervisors is frustrating. Texting important matters regarding your loved ones care and medical needs is not professional. If you have private care for your loved one expect that the staff will not treat them with respect or take over when your private caregiver leaves. I was told directly by an aide "I don't know anything about him, he has his own people." It is distressing to leave knowing that they simply do not care and will make sure you know with, quite literally, a wave of a hand in your face,

Floors were recently redone

Nice enough facility, only saw the first floor but it seems well cared for, floors were recently redone. Lots of activities, nice daily events with transportation available for offsite visits. I had a quick visit and was invited to come back with family member. Seem very accommodating.

They were nice. Could do better following directives.

They were nice. We never had any issues with billing or anything like that. There were some issues with them following directives. If a resident can only have certain things like pureed foods, they need to follow that.

Nice place overall, meal service could use work

Springfield Residences is a nice enough place, overall, but I do think there are a few areas they could work on to really improve the experience. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly. One of my biggest issues is with the meal service. The food is not the best, and they often list things on the menu that are not actually available. The dining staff also seems a bit shorthanded, it can take a long time to be served. They are also a bit slow when it comes to respond to maintenance issues, sometimes you have to stay on top of them to get things fixed.

Dissappointing first impression

I arrived at 1:15 PM for a 1:30 tour. I waited an hour and left.

Nice place

Unfortunately my loved one was only here a short time, but overall I thought they did an excellent job at Springfield Residences. The care staff were all very friendly and compassionate, and the facility and rooms were beautiful. I very much encourage those looking into senior living in the area to check out Springfield Residences.

really great experience

It has been a really great experience with Springfield Residences and I would highly recommend them. They have responded very well to my requests for certain requirements, whether it be pertaining to food, or specific things to do to help mom. They have been very cooperative and always willing to do anything they can to make her happy and comfortable.

they genuinely care

The staff at Springfield Residences is great! Very friendly and helpful, and they genuinely care. To me that is the most important part, and you definitely get that here! My dad has never had anything but great things to say.

Perfect Place for our Mom.

My Mom is now living in a memory care unit at Springfield Residence in Wyndmoor ,Pa.From the moment I entered the property I could tell that this place was different.Every one we came across greeted us with a hello. The staff was very reassuring and answered all our concerns about my Mom coming from another state,Florida.The place is very clean and has a lot of activities which was important to us since we feel Mom needs to be active and stimulated.The residents were pleasant and seemed happy.The room accomendations are spacious and you can bring your own furniture which is a plus to make it more homey looking.Mom has been there for not quite 2 weeks and already she has made friends and she and her room mate are getting along fine,a perfect match.Would recommend to everyone that if they are looking in this area you would not be disappointed with Springfield residence

great staff

great staff

Springfield Residences

I thank A Place for Mom so much for my mom's new residence. Ellen, the representative was very informative and helpful. The Springfield Residences is a great fit for my mom. She is very comfortable. Thank you so much

A Waste of time!

I found the service useless and a waste of my time.

Another outstand place. Tw...

Another outstand place. Two things that I love was NO up front Community FEE. Plus the elegant rooms with one or two bedrooms, plus balcony. You paid month to month. This also very good residence. Everyone was very nice.

Dedicated to yesterday’s traditions and today’s conveniences!

Springfield Residences is an assisted and independent living community located in beautiful Chestnut Hill. Our elegant country campus is easily accessible to both Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. Call today to tour our lovely renovated community rooms, our new model apartment and all new studio, one bedroom or two bedroom apartments. We are the perfect location and the best value!