Brandywine Living at Dresher Estates - Dresher, PA

Brandywine Living at Dresher Estates - Dresher, PA has yet not published prices.

[Removed]

Zero stars for Reflections, the memory "care" unit. If you want you loved one sitting in her own urine for hours on end, this is the place for you. Recreation staff and a few nurses are great. Aides are overworked and poorly trained in dementia, how to talk to residents, and how to assist people who may be difficult or have special needs due to their disease. People's clothes aren't protected at meals by simple things like bibs and residents are often left hours on end without any interaction or stimulation. A resident can be calling out "I'm scared" and will be ignored rather than comforted. They paint a pretty picture and it "looks good" from time to time but if you spend a few hours there especially when the rec staff aren't around, you will see how it really is.

This facility is worth a tour and should be a community to strongly consider for residentail aging in place care.

I am the Power of Attorney (POA) for a long term client of mine who is a resident at this facility. As her legal representative, I made the decision to move her from another facility where she was living to Brandywine and I have not looked back at making this decision.

The care that she is getting is very well delivered and she has thrived so well since moving into this community. It is definitely a better fit for her personality and care needs. The staff really likes her and she makes it easy to care for her. The community has an upbeat atmosphere and environment and it is always so welcoming when I visit my client.

Her medical changes continue to challenge my client, but the care that is given to my client to help maintain her well being is filled with compassion, respect, and quality. There is a spirit of teamwork with everyone there and THAT is of utmost importance to both my client and me.

A Great Place

From my very first contact with Erin at Brandywine Senior Living at Dresher, I was very impressed. I was looking for a facility to assist my mother in her recuperation from an injury. My mother had been through acute-care rehab as well as short term rehab but was not quite ready to return to living alone in her apartment. Brandywine has a Passport/Respite program which was perfect for my mother. Erin, the director, was so knowledgeable and compassionate that I was immediately comfortable. A one month stay was decided on and everything to make my mother feel comfortable and at home was instituted. From her first day to her last ( she stayed 6 weeks) she has nothing but praise for the staff, the food and all the amenities offered. Brandywine was exceptionally clean, her linens were changed weekly, her laundry done and her apartment cleaned too. Pam usually made her bed daily and was always kind and friendly. The meals were excellent and Erin sat her with three lovely ladies with whom my mom became very friendly. The waitresses were excellent....Jenna, Janet and Amy always attended to my mom and anticipated her wishes without her even asking! The daily activities and movie were great. I was especially pleased to hear that someone checked on her every evening to be sure all was well. I am not sure of that person's name but she was great. Also, if my mother did not come down for a meal someone checked on her and offered to bring food to her apartment. Other staff members whose services were exceptional were Heather, Gwen, Rachel and Donna the nurse. But everyone we came in contact with was super!!! Brandywine Senior Living at Dresher is a fantastic place and I would highly recommend this facility.

Look No Further!

My dear friend has lived in this facility for several years. I have visited many facilities, and even worked in an assisted living for years, and I can definitely attest to how wonderful Brandywine at Dresher is.
The facility is lovely. The food is good and they provide a number of choices at meals. The activities program is varied and engaging, and the care is top notch. The staff go out of their way to ensure that the residents are clean and cared for. The residents are treated with respect and made to feel welcome. There are many special events, frequent trips and great entertainment in house.
There is a real sense of community at this facility. All of the staff, including administration, personal care, nursing, maintenance, reception, etc, go out of their way to get to know the residents and to make them happy. Some examples of how they go above and beyond the call of duty include the story of when she had a tumor on her head and needed headbands. The staff brought many in for her, out of the kindness of their hearts. On a another occasion, when there was a special event at the facility, the staff ensured that she got to ride in a classic car, despite her paralysis on one side. They took a wonderful picture of her that same day and e-mailed it to me. These actions speak volumes regarding the culture of this facility.
If this facility is within the price range of your loved one, I suggest that you look no more. This is the best assisted living facility around!!

The care and kindness shown were exceptional.

My mother received exceptional care at Brandywine. I cannot say enough about the care and kindness she was shown by the staff members. She needed increased assistance as she declined and the aides, especially Morkeh, were so kind and attentive to her particular needs. The nursing staff was also terrific and Donna and Kim always took time to keep me up to date on her overall condition. They all helped me through some difficult times and I am so grateful to have placed my mom at Dresher Estates!

Over priced , Under Delivered on Service

The first 90 days of "care" as sold were not delivered as promised. Although the administrator promised particular services, the commitment was not conveyed to the care staff. Communication from the corporate office to correct the past errors was surly and transactional. More attention has been given to the wall paper, paint and rugs, rather than improving the food choices.

On the positive side, there are many activities. My family member enjoys the variety of choices and the company of the residents and staff.

Michelle Rauh

Gustav,

We appreciate your feedback regarding you and your family member’s experience at our Dresher Estates community. We are committed to providing the best care possible to your loved one. As you noted we have recently updated the décor at Dresher Estates to enhance the atmosphere our residents live in every day, and we thank you for pointing out that we are doing a good job keeping our residents active and happy. This does not mean other areas should suffer. We are interested in your opinion, and we would like to speak to you again, to see if improvements may be needed and to fully assess your initial communication to our corporate office. Please call [removed] at your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you.

Great place!

I'd give this place top marks across the board, they do a great job! The staff are incredible and do a great job of creating a warm comfortable atmosphere for the residents. They've got all sorts of activities that they offer, and the employees do a wonderful job of engaging the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and looks very nice.

Looks nice but does not provide competent care

The facility is beautiful and clean, but staff can be curt and short to clients who are having adjustment difficulties. More importantly, their nursing staff are undertrained and are definately not equipped to recognize or respond to medical emergencies. When my mom became critically ill, staff did not monitor her vital signs and totally underestimated the severity of her illness, resulting in my mother not receiving the care she needed.

Nice looking, but not a nice atmosphere

It was a nice looking building, one of the newer places I saw, but the rooms were very small. The attitude of the staff was also a big turnoff, the residents were treated more like numbers than people, no real warmth or caring there. Also they were very bad about nickel and dimeing for every little thing, the costs could really skyrocket depending on what sort of care you were looking for.

New Management - Terrible

I had a family member live here for several years. About 8 months ago there was a change in management. This place was first class until the management change. Since then, the staff has become rude and careless. They have a "button" system to request care. After my family member would press his button, he would wait hours before receiving care. He was having chest pains and they still did not come to help him.

I Knew

I knew when I walked in the door that this would be a place for my Mom. Frank Sinatra was singing in the living room, everyone was smiling. This was it. I toured about six communities and, although each place had its good point, Brandywine Senior Living at Dresher Estates had it all. The decor matched my my Mom's, the staff was friendly and smiling, the residents were smiling. Brandywine is a 5-star community. A place for MY Mom.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Dresher Estates is located just north of Philadelphia in beautiful Montgomery County and just minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the Pennsylvania Turnpike and next to Temple Sinai.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
Our residents at Dresher Estates know how to have fun. You may find them engaged in a poker tournament, playing Mahjong or baking and cooking as part of our signature program, Cooking with Class. In fact, Dresher Estates offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Dresher Estates, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.