The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington - Lexington, KY

I found the staff friendly. I was there on a Saturday and there was a craft show packing up and leaving for the day. Saturdays are likely busier times than weekdays, however, this facility seemed more alive and welcoming to me than the others I visited. I also believe that there may be several activities that fit well with my family member. Some of the activities are also available at other facilities. A one bedroom unit is available which is what I am looking for. It's a bit smaller than some other one bedroom units I have seen.

The facility offers the standard wall pull cords and also allows a wearable device similar to the pull cord. My family member falls a few times a year and this is important to me that this wearable device is available. This location also has some favorable benefits to family members.

My review is based only on a visit rather than a live-in experience.

A great place -just not for everybody

The Lantern has an honest and trustworthy staff. I really respect the nurses, administration, and staff. [Removed], the maintenance guy, was very personable and took up with my dad immediately. I do think it's hard to choose the best facility for a loved one without real time there.
In retrospect, the residents are lower functioning than my dad and that makes me sad. He has found a friend he thinks is my mom and that gives me peace. It is well kept, clean and very charming. The decor has Norman Rockwell lining the hallways and corner areas designed to meet many different interests. The food is excellent and rooms are generously sized.
So far I think it is a wonderful place for elderly folks with dementia. The residents are a really quiet group of people. I'd like for my dad to have a more talkative and outgoing group of people to interact with.
We managed to get a one year discount on a room that had been open a while. The price below is with $300 discount for a year.

Very Pleased with This Community

We are very pleased with my mothers move to this community. They are taking very good care of her, and her needs. She is doing pretty well since her move here. The staff has been very helpful, and courteous. I know she is receiving good care, and is in good hands at this facility. It is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

5 stars across the board.

Mom enjoys living at The Lantern at Morning Pointe. The staff at this community are wonderful. They are helpful and answer our questions. They offer daily activities and the food is good. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

My Brother is Well at this Community

My brother is doing well at this community. I'am comfortable with his move here, it is a very nice place. the staff is wonderful, they have been good to work with. The community looks nice, they do a good job keeping the facility, and grounds very well maintained. We are very pleased with all they have done for us. This is a great community.

The open space of the dining area and the couches are nice.

The food is very healthy from where my family member used to live.

The layout of the the place is great and the pictures, the old fashioned kitchen make a nice touch.

A Very Good Experience So Far

My mother is doing pretty well here, she seems to have adjusted well to the community. They have a good staff here, they have been attentive and responsive. They keep the community nice and clean, but they could do a better job with cleaning my mother's room. She is trying the activities they offer. The food is good. They are providing her with good care. This is a community I would recommend.

Wonderful facility!

Mother only lived there a short while, but she loved the facility. It is very well run.

Respite Getaway

My dad stayed 4 to 5 days here at the community. The staff are extremely nice and friendly and administration was very easy. The staff went over and beyond to take my dad to physical therapy, they drove and walked him to the building, at no additional charge. The community invited my dad to activities but he chose not to participate. My dad really enjoyed his meals with the residents. I could see the community is very clean, nothing to complain about. I would recommend this community for the relief knowing they are in great hands.

I think so far they are doing okay.

I think so far they are doing okay. It certainly is providing a level of care that we were not able to provide at home. I haven't heard any complaints about anything. We are disappointed that our loved one isn't able to be at home, and it is expensive.

very thoughtful

They have been very thoughtful at The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington. They call me if there are ever any issues. The staff are very helpful when I have questions. I have really been happy with everything at this facility.

senior search

Our experience in searching for an appropriate living situation for mom began quite abruptly We had an immediate need to transition from independent living to assisted. With the guidance of A Place For Mom we narrowed it down to several possibilities. After visiting the facilities and meeting staff members we found the perfect fit. Morning Pointe is not only a lovely place on the outside but also on the inside. It is a warm and welcoming environment where everyone is truly committed to providing exceptional care. Morning Pointe is lively with activities,offers multiple spaces for quieter moments and there are smiling faces at every turn. We made the right choice and they made it easy.

There's been a few issues

We've had a couple of problems with medication for my mother; the manager is not very knowledgeable about Doctor services. She had told us one thing, then the medical director said another, and the manager claimed to not know these things, and twice this has happened. We depend on her as a liaison between the facility and my family. As far as food, my mom is from the north and they tend to cook in a Southern style so it can be a little difficult on her, but she manages.

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things are going at The Lantern at Morning Pointe. It's just a very nice place, I would give them top marks across the board. The people here are friendly, the residents are well cared for, and the facility it always clean and well kept.

Spmeone who cares

You really might think twice, we pulled loved one out in less than a week, Not cared for, looked after, not bathed and left hand there does not know what the right hand is doing, NO communication. So glad I saw and others for me tracked this, took photos.

IN it to make a profit. not to help, but they will be on best behavior if a family member comes buy. The best by far, and is approved 100% by everyone is Sayre. Not in it for profit and it is amazing difference., Prefered also by Ombudsmen.

Huge facility. Racetrack type interior hallway for walking. Very clean. Nicely sized rooms. No pets. Good activities. Reasonably priced. On the list as potential for placement but might be too large for comfort.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well so far with The Lantern at Morning Pointe. It's a nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly. The entire place just has a very welcoming atmosphere. My loved one really enjoys that they bake fresh cookies every morning! Overall it is a very nice place, and worth a look if you're looking into options in the area.

great facility with excellent staff

The Lantern at Morning Pointe of Lexington has a great facility with an excellent staff. There are a couple of areas where they might could improve.

The care services were not as good as other places that we have seen. They do a lot of group therapies rather than individual therapies, and I feel that my wife could have benefited more from some individual therapy.

They did all they could while we were there.

We weren't here for very long. While we were here though, they did all they could. I was never concerned about the care my loved one was receiving, or how clean she was being kept. The facility was kept pretty clean as well. They did a good job.

Excellent Dementia Care

We moved Mom in the Lantern at Morning Pointe in Lexington, KY in mid September 2014. We loved the facilities, the staff, our mother's apartment and the quality of the food. The common areas were always clean and tidy, I never noticed any smells. The residents were up, dressed and out of their apartments engaging in some type of activity for the most part and every member of the staff seemed genuinely concerned about each resident.
Unfortunately, within two weeks of moving into the facility our mother fell during an unassisted trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night and broke her pelvis in several places. She was supposed to have called for assistance to the bathroom but did not as is often the case with dementia patients. The staff of the Lantern found her shortly after she fell, called us to inform us of the situation and called an ambulance to take her to the emergency department of one of the local hospitals.
She is now in a short term rehab facility and will almost certainly remain there as a long term resident of the skilled nursing portion of the facility. Not the outcome we were looking for but at present the best we can hope for.

Friendly, caring staff, outings, relative is well cared for

I like that the staff is really friendly. If I can't reach him on his cell phone, they go and check on him.

They have really good food.

They really check on them, for instance, throughout the night, to make sure they are OK.

It's a clean place. They have a living area, and take them outside in good weather, take them shopping, or to restaurants.

The only thing they might improve on is that they might hire a little bit more staff. The ratio is 8 to 1, and I'd rather see 4 to 1.

The location is a short drive from us, about 40 minutes. I know he is taken care of there, and I know he is happy.

Very nice place!

So far we're very pleased with how things have gone at The Lantern at Morning Pointe! My daughter, who visits often, has had nothing but good things to say about them. Every time I have been there myself everything has looked very nice, and I've been particularly impressed by how well staffed they are, even on the weekends! The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and they seem to take great care of all of their residents.

Excellent day care and memory care services

I think they do a great job at The Lantern at Morning Pointe. We have utilized them both for adult day care as well as their memory care services, and in both cases they really go above and beyond to make sure that the people in their care are looked after. It's a nice looking community, and the staff are all very friendly.

We are very pleased.

We are very pleased. They are clean and very friendly. They are able to get my loved one involved with some chores which makes her feel useful. The food is good, and they are very attentive and responsive. We are happy with them, they do a great job.

Had a great respite stay!

We used Morning Pointe of Lexington for a brief respite stay for a loved one, and overall we thought they did an amazing job! It was very easy to get everything set up, and they helped make our trip an outstanding one! We'd definitely recommend them to anyone else looking into respite care in the area!

Respite care for my Mother

My mother went to Respite care for one week after a fall and broke her right wrist and had a serious skin tear to right lower leg. The nice thing it gave her a chance to see what living in Assisted Living is like before selling her house. She is 92 yrs old and lives alone. Depends greatly on her 3 children. She could wait to get back home.

Her children love Morning Pointe and it is such a beautiful facility. Food was good. She was meeting more of residents each day that had good things to say about their stay at Morning Pointe

a possibility

a possibility

I just think they do an outstanding job.

They give such good care to the person and keep you well informed. I just have found no fault with them so far. I’m not familiar with all the activities, but as I walk through, they look outstanding. He complains of the food a little bit, but he’s always been a little picky. I just think they do an outstanding job.

Doing a great job!

We're very pleased with The Lantern, I'd give them 5s across the board. It's a nice looking, new facility, and everything is clean and well kept. The staff are all friendly and knowledgeable, and the residents seem content. They're definitely worth a look if you're looking into memory care.

The Lantern at Morning Pointe in Lexington, Kentucky is a Center of Excellence senior living community that specializes in Alzheimer’s Memory Care. Enjoy purposeful programming in an exceptional retirement community with just the right amount of nursing care available when needed in a great location, just off Reynolds Road and near Fayette Mall. The Lantern is part of a larger senior campus that includes Morning Pointe of Lexington Personal Care Senior Living.