Richmond Place - Lexington, KY

Second choice we met with [Name removed], and wish they had a central atrium meeting area with brighter colors this would have been a plus. [Name removed] was good, very informative and we attended some meeting that were a plus for us in applying for Aid and Attedance.

This seems like a very nice option with lovely facilities and staff.

Great

Outstanding staff. Genuinely compassionate, friendly people, each, each and every one I interacted with - not just the caregivers. Food could be a little better, however - but the staff is more important.

Unprofessional

Toured with the Marketing Director. I found her approach was pushy and rude. Was very turned off and moved my parents to another community.

DO NOT MOVE YOUR PARENTS HERE

Met with [Name removed] and she was like meeting with a used car sales man. She was pushy and rude, and did not listen to what my mom really needed. She was trying to move my mom into independent living when she needs assisted living! I ended up moving my mom to Highgrove and I know I made the right decision.

Beautiful green space close to [location removed], [location removed] & [location removed]or [location removed] area. Large community with variety of floor plans. Apartments have updated kitchens , but overall are dated & some in disrepair (significant water damage to patio entry on ground floor of apartment shown). Excellent 7 day a week transportation for non-drivers. [name removed] was extremely friendly & accomodating , and excellent with follow up.

Professional sales, clean facility, happy members, community involvement and engagement!

Very interested in social events and future potential site!

Loved the tour! [Removed] was fantastic! She connected very well with my mom and showed us exactly what we needed to see. She really went above and beyond. My mom got in a conversation with the chef about mince meat pie and the next day one was delivered to my home...by [Removed]. So generous! The property was wonderful. Best rooms we had seen. Location was not the best as it is one of the furthest from my home and on a very busy intersection.

Great Place

My dad is doing okay and seems comfortable living here. He is interacting with the other residents and making friends. He is participating in some of the daily activities they offer. He says he likes the food. The staff has been wonderful extremely friendly and very kind and attentive. I would recommend them.

Nice facility!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had at this community. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to give us a detailed look at everything they had to offer my loved one. It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my loved one.

Really Nice Community, but Not the Right for Us

We had a pleasant tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community looked really nice. The staff we met was kind, and our questions were answered. My concern was the layout. I felt it would be confusing for my aunt. It was a good experience, but it wasn't the right fit for her, and her needs.

Overview of my tour...

I wasn't very impressed with the rooms here. They had curtains around the beds like a hospital. One positive thing is I liked the way the cafeteria was set up. We had lunch during our tour and it was very good.

Tour for my aunt

I toured this community for care. They did not have a room at that time, but the staff were nice and caring to the needs that we had. The community was clean. They have a good variety of meals and activities. We liked this community a lot and would suggest that other families tour this community for care. they did not have the room that we were wanting at the time.

Mom's Happy Home

This is a nice community for my mom. The staff are attentive and caring. The meals are outstanding and she is very please with the variety. She is involved with the activies and likes to know that she can get her hair done. We would recommend this community to other families for the care and the value of a loved one.

Pros: Nice size rooms. Residents I saw seemed happy.

Cons: My guide seemed irritated by residents asking to talk to her. There is no security by the door at night, so no one might notice if a person (personal care level) left, if they were not locked on the memory care unit. Head counts of residents in personal care are not conducted. Multiple floors,with elevator travel necessary to move between recreation areas, etc. Not homey (institutional) eating area.

My visit

This was a very nice community. I did feel like I was walking into a school. It did not seem very open when you walk in. The staff was nice and they have a pool. They have more courtyards outside than the community we chose. We just did not feel this community was right for mom.

Felt at home since walking thru the door at first site, not at all "nursing home" feeling

Good So Far

My mother is well at this community. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. The staff is great. The community looks nice, and well-kept. All is well so far for us here at this community.

A tour for care

I toured this community for care. I did not like that they would of-of only has accommodations for her in a room with.We were informed that activity that would be offered. They informed us on the nice mean. We liked that staff who were able to answer are questions. I know that families might find this a good fit for a loved one.

Pricey!!

The Richmond place was a well-maintained community,
The staff was very friendly from what I saw, and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. The only problem with this community was the price, it was too expensive .

First Impressions

We have only been living in Brookdale/Richmond Place for four days and it has been an outstanding experience so far. We were greeted by our Sales/Marketing person who immediately helped us with our move--had a welcome package for us, and brought both of us a full breakfast selection--that got us through carrying in all the boxes, The Move-In Coordinator was quick to schedule any repairs we needed and she presented us with a beautiful basket of miscellaneous goodies. Since we are still in the process of settling in we haven't had time yet to get involved in the many activities offered--other than the afternoon wine club. All the employees we have come in contact with are friendly, helpful, and happy. Our apartment overlooks the courtyard which provides a beautiful setting. We are happy with our choice.

When I Had A Visit

I know of this community from years ago and now it needs some updating. The food is not to good and I have heard this too. I am glad I did not pick this one. It is one of nicest looking communities in Lexington.

Great Care for mom

My mom really likes the community. She is happy with the staff who are very caring and patient. They offer alot of activities for her to join. We are happy that this community is very clean. We would recommend this to others for good care for a loved one.

My Tour

They showed me a room that was very far from the elevator. It had a complete kitchen inside the room with a sink and fridge. My sister did not need a stove. For seeing the community it is was not a bad price. It just was not the right fit.

5 stars all the way for Richmond Place!!!

They have person that is a move in coordinator. They helped with coordinating the move, stopped by with a welcome basket and took her to some of the activities to introduce her to some of the other residents. This is an older building that is well maintained. The food is good and they offer restaurant style dining with a full menu. They offer a sugar free dessert daily. I would recommend this community.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community went very well. The staff I met was very kind and friendly. Our tour guide was kind and informative, they answered my questions. From what I saw everything appeared to be well maintained. My tour was very nice, this is a good community.

Review of Richmond Place - Lexington, KY

The facility was very nice. Apartments have been keep up nicely. Dining room looks really nice. The facility has everything Im looking for. They have lots of activities for people. Everyone was really friendly.

Nice facility - Right choice for us

Mom is off to a great start. We are trying a winter stay first and it is going very well. The facilities are nice and the staff is extremely accommodating.

Professional staff

So far, things seem to be going well at Richmond Place. We are still getting adjusted to the situation and getting settled in. The staff has been very accommodating and professional. We do not have any complaints.

Brookdale Clare Bridge on Rio Dosa

For 10 months, my mother had reasonably comfortable care at Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Lexington facility and had adapted to the environment and staff.
Recently, my mother was confronted with some physical contact which she, and our family, found objectionable. My mother stated that she did not feel that she fit into that circle of people and that she would like to get away from the scenario.
We met with Clare Bridge management twice. Our simple request was to protect my mother from the scenario by keeping her isolated from certain situations. The first time, management agreed to honor our request. Then they requested a second meeting a week later, only to tell us that they would not protect my mother from the scenario, due to patient rights. At this crossroads, we decided we had to move our mother immediately.
Our family does not agree with the policies within Clare Bridge. We think that the recent situation has contributed to my mother becoming physically ill (vomiting, diarrhea, and a bronchial infection all within a one-month timeframe). My mother, like others at this age, has a difficulty fighting off germs and the resulting infections. We think that the passing of saliva between the residents is passing germs from one resident to the next. This reminds us of the stories of airborne Tuberculosis passing thru institutions of the past.
The locking up of soap does not help either. Apparently, Brookdale has instilled a policy of locking all such materials up, due to some cases of human ingestion. Contrary to Brookdale’s claims, the staff is not always with the patients when they go to the bathroom. We have seen one patient relieve themselves on the carpet in the bedroom of a different patient. The staff did clean the carpet by gloved hand, but how clean is this? The patient did not know where they were at, and was not the problem. We do not feel that this is a healthy environment for our mother.
Patients do have rights. However, when the patients are handicapped to the extreme that family members are managing the patient’s care and finances, the patients are managed behind a continuously locked door at an institution like Clare Bridge, and unknown staff members are managing their lives to the level of bathing and bathroom assist, the patient-rights logic seems to ring hollow.
The rights topic deserves some discussion. My mother had expressed her rights. She had stated that she does not feel that she fits into this circle of people and that she would like to get away from the scenario. We tried to invoke some level of sanity by participating in the two aforementioned meetings. We failed to accomplish anything with Brookdale Clare Bridge Lexington management. However, it seems like Brookdale is exercising its right to get paid for not doing its job. This was further shown, when we informed them that we were departing. They asked if we were moving to a competitor’s facility. We identified that we were. Therefore, it was their policy to charge us another monthly residency fee of $5500, since we did not give them a month’s advance notice per the contract. As stated earlier, we were in so much of a hurry to get our mother away from the situation, that we did not want her to suffer another 30 days in this environment. So ask yourself, did my mother retain her rights?
In our opinion, the Lexington facility has issues. Our mother drinks milk like a youngster. Even though we asked the staff to provide her with milk, it was very rare that we could confirm this happened. Generally, it was water or juice. Once when she was feeling nauseous, we had to go to the main facility just to retrieve a Sprite to settle her stomach. Clare Bridge seems to be too understaffed to manage the situation. On one occurrence, we had to wait approximately 10-15 minutes just to exit the locked front door; there were only two staff people in the facility at this time. Turnover has been relentless since our first association with Brookdale. I encourage researching families to look at the employee reviews found online to see what their thoughts have been about Brookdale (Glassdoor.com). As a public firm, one can also see information online about the financial status of Brookdale Senior Living (Yahoo Finance, BigCharts.com, and SEC Filings). How these numbers relate to patient care, personal staff livelihood, and the retention of the staff members is not clear. The researcher should draw their own conclusions.
Finally, when the time comes that their loved ones need to be confined to an institution like Brookdale Clare Bridge Lexington, I hope Clare Bridge managers think hard as to where they locate their family member. Ask your family today for their opinion of how they would like to be treated tomorrow.

So far they seem to be doing fine

So far they seem to be doing fine. I haven't gotten any complaints about the food or the staff or anything. So far I would give them a 3.5 or a 4, until I hear otherwise.

Wondeful

The facility so far is really great their very accommodating. People and staff are really friendly and caring. Its has big dining area but kind of small on rooms. They give the attention to the elderly that need to be giving. They dont just do their job they go above and beyond.

dissapointed

I kept telling the people I am a large lady before i got here and needed a handycapped tub . well i get here. I have yet to take a bath . no tub to fit. I am very dissapointed and having to pay for a bath. I reported this and got no results was told I could pay for a new tub.

Very Clean

I just toured the facility haven't placed mom yet but upon the visit staff seemed friendly and the overall building and interior very nice.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with Richmond Place so far! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here. All of the staff have been great to work with, and the occupational therapist here does an excellent job.

Dana was very nice. Placement offer was very generous ($2000/mo for 6 months).

Older facility. Limited private rooms. None available. Nice patio and screened porch. Good activities for residents. Carpet throughout looked worn and spotted throughout. Pets possible. Not on the list due to no private room available.

Sad to Say, but true

The sales staff is very convincing, but when the real care is needed it is another story. Within four months we were forced to move out or to a higher cost of care in their community. Then five months later we were again push out to a higher cost of care.

The help and flexibility we were told about by the sales staff has been non-existent. After 10 months in their facility we are left with no where to go and no guidance from Richmond Place other than your Mom needs to to move somewhere else.

What are our options?

the appearance and overall presentati...

the appearance and overall presentation is very nice. the biggest problem we have found is lack of communication between staff members which delays getting issues taken care of. the staff have been pleasant.

A " Homey" home

First of all, your sales representative, Jacquiline Kennedy listened to what I had to say regarding my needs and found the perfect solution for a temporary home for me. She was very professional, but a caring person also.

She showed me around, pointing out the renovated parts of the building (I had spent some time there twelve years ago when my mother and mother-in-law lived there.) I liked it then and expect I'll enjoy it now.

I met several of your staff--all are very friendly. I spoke with several residents, all seemed cheerful and happy to be living there.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking place, and it was definitely somewhere we would have considered. The staff we met on the tour were friendly and professional, and the facility itself seemed clean. However it wasn't at the top of our list, and wasn't the community we ended up selecting.

Great Place

I think they are wonderful. It is a good deal. I haven't really done many activities because my husband has been sick, but there are a lot of the people are doing the activities. The food is very good! It is independent living, but you can get care. A lot of the people have people taking care of them. Some people can't stay alone and the care they get seems to be very nice. And then, my husband had physical therapy occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
Richmond place has it's own home health agency, although they couldn't help me until I had referral from a primary care doctor. They don't make the decision, they get in touch with the doctor and are sort of a go between. I've been having trouble recently and they have been professional and friendly. A lot of people are on walkers or motorized vehicles like my husband, and I like that. I have heard other people say it's the nicest place in town.

Excellent Review

Not only is the property beautiful, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. Richmond Place has been very accommodating.

Upscale, but didn't like alcohol with meals

They served alcohol with meals and I'm glad that she told me and she was upfront about it because my uncle did not need to be there. It was also quite pricey, it has a reputation for being more upscale over and above the others also.

You could do better

Activities are limited. Very little physical activity. Poor nutrition (10% weight gain in 4 months is not acceptable). Have discovered better alternatives in the area.

Based on size and layout, I worry abo...

Based on size and layout, I worry about changes in resident behavioral changes being recognized and addressed promptly. Very old facility,

This is the place that we decided on....

This is the place that we decided on. They were willing to negotiate with us on price.

Excellent facility. My mom really lik...

Excellent facility. My mom really liked what she saw and the conveniences available. Manager is very personable and was able to verbalize well the pros and cons.

Wow!!! This place is exceptional. B...

Wow!!! This place is exceptional. Beautiful. 6 acres of grounds with walkways. Balconies, bay windows. Medication dispensing machine. People they know. bridge, transportation anywhere in Lexington 8-5:30. good location. will move them to 1st floor in 1 month. YES!!

larger apartment w/dining room, trans...

larger apartment w/dining room, transitional services avail - stay in unit longer. Larger community, 6 acres to walk; full size kitchen

Richmond Place provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Lexington, KY community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Richmond Place can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Richmond Place is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Lexington, KY community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietitian, helps residents in need of Alzheimer’s care retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.