Brookdale Hollywood Park - San Antonio, TX

Brookdale Hollywood Park - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

Not the place for my dad

The staff here did a very good job showing us around, they took their time with our tour and answered all our questions. We just felt that this community was too small, needed to be updated, drab and would not be the best fit for my dad.

Experience Went Well, But Not The One For My Mother

I had a nice tour of the facility. Everything went well, and everyone was friendly. The community looked nice, and from what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff I met was friendly, and my questions were answered. The experience went well. but I wanted a smaller community for my mother, and her needs.

I visited this community 4 times within 24 hours. The extra visits were because of needing other family members to see the community and also for our loved one to see where she would be living. [Removed] was very nice and listened to all of our requests or concerns. He worked with me and made himself available for each visit on a very short noticed. We meet the director and [Removed] one of the nurses, plus other staff. We were introduced to some residents. The place was very clean and looked nice on the inside. There are many activities for our loved one to participate in. The food is made fresh and not a reheated frozen product. There is a courtyard that mom can walk through or just sit in. This is a single level community and that was something that we were looking for. The residents that we meet seemed very happy and seemed to enjoy being there. if the status of our love one changes she does not need to be moved to another community. This was very important to us since she has been moved twice within the last year do to changes in her health care. This community meet our needs for our loved one which was very important to us.

Great Tours!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff was very friendly and on time to our appointment and provided us with lots of great information. The property was nicely maintained and had a lot of great amenities available to offer all of the residents. Overall we where pleased with the experience it was just not the right place for my mother

Comfortable and friendly home, but lacking in stafffing.

Insufficient staffing. Staff is friendly and caring, but there are not enough of them. The weekends are a skeleton crew.
Low response time. My parent is not receiving the attention that we were assured they would receive such as being escorted to all meals, activities and even bathing.

Good Tour, But Not the One for My Mother

My family, and I had a good tour of this community. The staff was kind, and courteous. The community looked nice, and well-kept. The experience was a nice one. We did narrow it down to this community, and two other ones. My mother decided to go with another community, but our tour of this one was pleasant.

Decent Community

My tour of this community was a decent one. This community is older compared to the other we looked at. The staff was very friendly, and kind. It was a pretty nice experience. Everyone was very courteous too my family,and myself. My tour went well, but this wasn't the community for my mother.

Care for a friend

I like this community for the care for a good friend. She is happy with the staff and the community. The meals are appealing and she is liking the activites that are offered. We would recommend this community to other families for good care for a loved one.

Positive Caring Community

It was ruff adjustment at first for my father with his move to this community. He is doing well for the most part, and I'am satisfied with his move too this community. I know he is safe and being cared for well here. They have a good, positive staff, and they have been very friendly and supportive. There are activities available for the residents. He is eating the meals they offer. So I guess the food is good. His move to this community has provided me with a peace of mind. It is a nice place, and I would recommend it.

My mom's new home

I looked throughout San Antonio at 8 different facilities for my mom. I kept going back to Brookdale Hollywood Park because the staff was incredible and inviting, more like family. It was also visible just how much they cared about the people that live there. The variety of meal choices per meal ensures that mom would have something she liked every day. The activities selection was better than offered at most places. All in all, I don't think I could have found anything better!

Overall, We Are Pleased

Things are going well and we are pleased with how dad is being cared for. The workers are very congenial, nice, friendly and nice for us to interact with. My dad has also progressed physically. We do have an area of concern. I have told them to put my dad's stockings on consistently for circulation. I am billed for them to put it on him. Although they are working on it, they also have made adjustments to the bill for the days I seen it not done. overall things are going well.

Knowledgeable Guide!!

The set up the memory care unit unfortunately didn't work for my mother. Based on what i saw the cleanliness on that unit wasn't very good. If they did a little more updating and keeping it cleaned it would be wonderful. The staff communication was great they were also very nice. The guide explained the amenities and activities offered. This place is also pet friendly to families looking for a community that allows them to keep their pets.

Toured, wouldn't recommend

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I really did not like the feel of this place. It was too close to the road, and there was a lot of noise and vibrations. I also thought their memory care section just seemed very run down. It didn't seem very clean and there was a noticeable odor when we toured.

Very Impressive Tour

I really enjoyed my tour of this community, it was a great experience. This community was one of our top picks. They have a lovely staff, they were all very kind and courteous. Mary was very informative and a pleasure to work with. The meal we tired was very good. The community is currently having some updates, it is a nice looking community. Just based on my tour and the wonderful people I met. I would recommend it.

I Am Glad It Has Been Good

I am pleased with the care that is here. Carrie [Removed] has been great about following up about my mom needs. The staff so far have been good and try to respond in a timely basis when needed. The resident program director is Joanne [Removed] and she has been outstanding on working with mom to keep her informed of activities and trying to get her involved. The facility is very clean , no problems. My mom is limited at the restaurant style dining experience because she is unable to see or hear very well. She wishes she would have assistance and fill out a form to choose her meal in advance. This is a community that I would recommend.

Small Intimate Community

Due to the type of care my father needed now we had to move him to Brookdale Hollywood Park and so far I really like it a lot. The location of the community is great it is really close to everything and close to me and that was important to me to be close to my father just in cause anything happened. It feels very homey here and its not a huge community it's small and more intimate for the residents. The staff and nurse are just great they have answered all me questions and concerns in a quick manner. The residents here are very sweet and the staff is always trying to come up with ways to entertain them in fun ways. You would expect the food to has good as it is here it's delicious and smells great. I wouldn't been able to do all this with out the help from A Place For Mom.

Great place to live

I have found the facilities clean and orderly. The staff friendly, helpful, and polite. The leadership well organized and in control. I am very happy to have my mother living with this organization. I will recommend this home to anyone that inquires.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. It was a little on the expensive side, however. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Met with Marci, gracious and well versed on facility data. Very nice facility. Maintenance appeared more than adequate. Top of my list after visiting 4 facilities.

I was impressed with most of them, and they were all nice.

We toured here, as we have been looking into options. I was impressed with most of them, and they were all nice.

Thankfully not a place we have to have dad. This facility is reminiscent of nursing homes of the past. The mind care hall was horrible, small, and isolating. No room to wander, walk. Couldn't imagine spending the last part of my life here.

Great small community

Wonderful place to take your loved one that needs daily assistance. The staff are very friendly and the management in the front are very helpful and have done everything possible to assure my mom is taken care of. I looked and bigger and nicer communities like Franklin Park and am very glad I made the decision I made. Thank you all for everything you have done to make this transition better than I could have ever imagined.

Sadly lacking concern from some of senior staff.

Currently family member lives there....service from senior staff is sadly lacking. Lack of concern for residents and employees.
am considering moving if changes not made. Am in hopes new owners (Brookside) will create a more caring and concerned senior staff.

Emeritus is Excellent

My parents both needed to go into assisted living at the same time. We looked at a number of facilities in San Antonio. Emeritus at Hollywood Park was very nice and modern, clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. My parents have been there about two months already and my Mom and Dad always tell me how much they like the staff who care for them and they like the facility.

I have gotten to know many of the staff there and they are all very nice and friendly people.

My brothers and I are very happy we found Emeritus!

First impression: very know...

First impression: very knowledgable and friendly staff, very nice facility, the environment was very feminine and I needed something for my father.

New and Clean

I really liked this place. It was newer and cleaner than a lot of other place. The rooms were about the same as the one we chose but it was more expensive.

Horrible Experience!

We had such a bad experience here. First of all, I think the staff just lied. We caught them in quite a few lies. There are two people on the nursing staff and they're hardly ever there. This is what taught us the importance of having a 24 nursing staff. Things can happen so quickly. We would bring things to their attention and nobody would check. They blamed everything on the doctor and it's very interesting because at the new place we have the exact same doctor and everything is great.

They talked real big when we were interviewing them but they didn't communicate or follow through. I really think the nursing staff kind of runs these place and they do not have good nursing staff at the Emeritus at Hollywood Park.

Very Caring and Helpful

I had my husband there for about a month, until he passed away. When it came to the point that I had to place him somewhere because of his Alzheimer's and cancer I just walked into Emeriuts, cold on a Sunday afternoon and found them to be very helpful. I felt like he got good care there even though he essentially only had a few months to live. They still got him up two or three times a day for meals even though they had to feed him. They were very caring. It takes a very special person to work with an Alzheimer's patient.

Did not like, not enough he...

Did not like, not enough help and place was not very clean.

Jeff Yeager

We are very surprised to see your comments. At Emeritus, take great pride in our work and the cleanliness and appearance of our Emeritus homes. In fact, this is one of our family values!

If you have any specific concerns we can help address, please do not hesitate to contact the staff at Emeritus at Hollywood Park.

Thank you.

This is the facility we have tenetive...

This is the facility we have tenetively selected. My Mother is not convinced she needs to relocate at this time, even though we know she is. We are still talking this thru with her and hope to persuade her to make the move in the very near future.

Good location. Nice religious atmosp...

Good location. Nice religious atmosphere. Facilities well kept.

Toured today,very nice, meets Mom's n...

Toured today,very nice, meets Mom's needs, but will submit inquiry to determine if they qualify. I'm not comfortable with the area, and prefer to have Mom closer. Residents seemed happy, most ambulatory, wheelchairs/walkers.

near 281 and Thousand Oaks ??

near 281 and Thousand Oaks ??

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.