Adante Assisted Living - San Antonio, TX

Life at a Legend Retirement community revolves around modest luxury, personal freedom, and optimal health. Comfortable surroundings, social activity, delicious meals, accommodating staff, and a prime location come together on this unique campus to form a fresh and vivacious lifestyle. Adante San Antonio modernizes and redefines the retirement experience. From spacious cottages to independent and assisted living apartments to a memory care specialty center, every need is addressed with style and compassion

Review of Adante Assisted Living - San Antonio, TX

We looked at senior living establishments for the year and found this one to be the best! Beautiful, woodsy acreage, very good food, lots of activities, and very friendly residents and staff. Exceptionally well maintained also.

satisfied

Hello,
My 80 year old parents just moved into one of the Adante cottages in [Removed]. They had been on a waiting list since last fall 2016. A cottage became available in the spring, but my father at the time was hospitalized for almost 3 weeks & it was just too much for them to deal with.
A little history. My parents are moving from the home they have been in for 45 years. It's the home me and my two younger siblings grew up in. They built this home with the help of my grandfather, a fellow handyman, my brother and I, & other contractors needed for such things as electric, dry walls, & foundation.

A cottage, which is exactly what my parents were looking for, came available for June.

When my parents initially met with staff to discuss moving, they were quoted a price for the cottage. When the cottage became available & they met to sign move in documents, the price suddenly increase substantially. They also tried to add additional charges for a second person which was usually just applied to the apartments (not the cottages). They "dropped” those charges after my father challenged them. They still did not honor the original price agreed on.

At this point in the down-sizing process it’s too late to begin a new search for other accommodations. It appears to me that Adante knows this and is exploiting it for all its worth.

Fast forward.... they move in. My mother is compiling a growing list of [Removed], awful service, and condition issues from the staff to the cottage which includes two days of cold water because hot water heater was not working. As of today, the condition and maintenance issues continue to mount and the service response continues to lag. This past week, my mother was left to mop up puddles of water left by the plumber.
This is a $4600 a month place in which the management had over 4 weeks to prepare for new tenants. This review is extended as a courtesy warning to future tenants. We are discussing other options concerning our response to Adante itself which includes (but limited to) contacting American Senior Housing Association, the BBB, the ALFA, A Place For Mom, and Senior Advisor.

___Addendum__

About 3 to 4 weeks after this posting, the executive director, [removed], began to make contact with my parents concerning the issues described above. After that first contact, he diligently and swiftly began to address every complaint even to the point of implementing organizational changes to insure that these problems are avoided in the future. Mr. [removed] has gone out of his way to be accessible and his demeanor has been genuinely cordial and apologetic. We accept their explanation that the problems were unintentional results of the proverbial “perfect storm” and other than some yet-to-be delivered paper work that will codify some promises made during this period we all could not be more pleased and satisfied. I say that with all sincerity. As of right now, I can say without reservations that [removed] and Adante have aligned themselves with the stellar reputation we expected going into this thing and this transition is now much, much less taxing. My parents now appear to be settling in very well in their new home.

Tour and Value

we enjoyed this community tour for care. We were able to get the questions answered that we had on the care that is offered. We were happy to see that they have nice activities. Families might consider a tour of this nice community.

Adante is a wonderful place to live. The “staff” is fabulous! They are an extraordinary groups of dedicated people. The residents at Adante are very special. They are warm friendly, cheerful & just terrific. There are all sorts of activities, ranging from exercise classes to Mahfor & Bridge to current events & Bingo and book club and games and movies. As much as better as you want.

Under New Management!!

There have been many changes in the community. The executive director has also left. After the hail storm that happened they were very slow at getting things fixed. At times they are short of staff, when this has happened my loved ones room doesn't get proper maintenance. Sometimes my loved one can't eat what they order because they run out of different foods a lot. I like that the staff is very friendly and attentive for our loved ones care needs.

Very attentive care!

The staff at Adante Assisted Living are wonderful. I have met with them a few times and I really enjoyed how helpful and caring they were. The community is very nicely kept. Adante is updated throughout and is clean throughout. They offer an assortment of activities for the residents to enjoy and partake in. I liked the variety of food that the chef makes.

I have been welcomed from the whole community from the moment I sad yes! The food is great with wonderful wait staff and chef! Activities are everywhere. Just need to go! Exercise has a wonderful instructor. Great people live here. Friendly! Friendly! Friendly! This is just where I needed to be. So glad I moved here. I'm in one of the cottages. So pretty. So comfortable! 24/7 concierge. They always answer! So professional & helpful, no matter what time I call. If you want a modern facility with down to earth residents, this is your place!

So Far, So Good

So far, so good! My mother has recently moved to Adante and she is enjoying the company of the friends and staff she has met so quickly. I went to visit her on Christmas day. We enjoyed the kindness and smiles from everyone we met that day. The best thing about Adante, so far, is I never feel my mom is alone when i can't be there with her. The second best thing about Adante, well, THE FOOD! Great job, Adante! You are worth every penny.

Adante San Antonio - San Antonio, TX

Our parents received personal, loving care. Needs were regularly evaluated and care levels updated as needed. Low employee turnover was a big plus. Residents were friendly and engaging. Facility and grounds well-maintained. No place is perfect, but our parents were surrounded by loving, thoughtful and caring staff.

Mother lived at Newforest for 3 years. She loved the friends she made and felt a new since of worth, being able to assist her friends! Loved the food in the dining room, but more importantly the company and the food service staff! The staff was amazing, caring, personable and eager to please! Management is engaged in the day to day life that happens caring for seniors! Randy's compassion and love for his job, is almost contagious with the staff! Assisted living was safe, ensuring meals we eaten and med's were taken, again a warm and caring staff! The levels of care are so wonderful as health changes. I highly recommend !

They love it, here.

They love it, here. They love the food, and they love the community. They were comparable in price to my other top pick, and perhaps a little less expensive. We liked the layout here, and that it was a smaller community.

Adante

My mother has only lived in Adante 3 months. But we are very pleased. The staff is attentive, friendly, and truly concerned about the residents. I have been particularly pleased that all staff know and recognize the residents by name and "watch out" for all of them!

They have been fine.

They have been fine. There have no major concerns or complaints at this time. I would give them a four out of five. They have been doing a pretty good job so far.

Review of Adante San Antonio

Adante Memory Care was a wonderful facility that took exceptional care for my mom. We always felt that she was in the best place she could be because of her loving and caring caretakers. It gave us peace of mind knowing that her needs were met.

Really pleased

My loved one has been there for a few weeks. Overall, it's a good place. I would recommend it. So far I'm really pleased. Can't think of anything negative about the Adante. It's very clean. Everything has been going great.

My friend is very happy with the place.

My friend is very happy with the place. They have good food, and the people are really friendly. From everything I have seen, and heard from her, I would say they get a five.

Over the top. Beautiful facility. Met with Donny Veal, Executive Director as Dawn was double booked. Very nice tour. Would highly recommend this facility to others. Out of our price range.

They had a great environment, and great people

Adante and all the communities we toured had key things that made them great. They had a great environment, and great people, the attitude of the people was great. I am not sure if we just picked only great communities to look at or if there are no bad ones. They were all fabulous, the ones that were close in proximity or the ones far away, they were all great! We couldn't pick one because we loved them all.

Lovely Place!

I am very pleased overall with the facility and staff. My father seems very content (as content as an Alzheimer's patient can be). It is a pleasure to visit him. The environment is excellent. I do wish they had more activities to keep him engaged.

Thanks to A Place for My Mom

This community is wonderful. My mother is 93 years young and just loves it. She's lived alone for the last 20 years, but has made many friends and enjoys lots of activities they provide.
The building is beautiful, staff is caring and knowledgeable about each resident, and the food is very good.
I couldn't have found another assisted living community more suited to my mother's needs and wants without the help of "A Place for Mom's" help. Claudia (representative and friend) called every top-rated community in San Antonio, TX and each manager called me or my mother personally to invite us to come tour their property. Adante won her heart immediately. She went no farther.
Thanks again.

Review of Adante Senior Living on SeniorAdvisor.com

Wonderful community! Caring, professional, compassionate staff. Clean facility. Good food. Great activities. Staff interacts well with residents, families and each other. My mother is safe, well cared for and happy. That's what I wanted for her. That's what I found at Adante Assisted Living!

Review of Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX

Food is delicious, healthy, plentiful and quite varied. Staff is efficient and friendly, movies are provided once or twice a day; some golden oldies, some new releases. Chapel services (non-denominational) are provided weekly. Transportation is provided for shopping, banking, etc. once a week or more often. Outings are arranged weekly to various places in a 150 mile radius. Buildings are new and maintained in prime condition. Grounds are adequately and appropriate maintained.

Review of Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX

I have been a resident here at Adante for the past six months and have been well pleased with everything here.

Review of Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX

Overall, the care in the MC unit is great. There are times when an extra staff member would help, especially at meal times. Some of the residents require more assistance to eat and it seems like it is a time that residents are more susceptible to falls. The staff is and has always been loving and caring, and to us, that means so much. We are very grateful for Adante and the care they provide.

Review of Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX

My loved one has lived in memory care for 1 year. Staff is great. They work hard but need 3 on 3-11 shift. Building receptionist is excellent! (Debbie, Ida, Nora, Christine)

Review of Adante Senior Living in San Antonio, TX

I would like to bring one of your outstanding employees to your attention. Her name is Debbie. She mans the front desk of the assisted living unit. Unfailingly helpful, friendly, empathetic, professional and caring. Day or night, in person or on the telephone, Debbie is a remarkable first, second and always impression for your entire operation.

Review of Adante San Antonio Alzheimer's / Memory Care in San Antonio, TX

Beautiful grounds. Full size kitchen was nice. Food smelled wonderful! In the top 3. Washer hook ups in apartment.

Review for Adante in San Antonio, TX

Understaffed- slow response time to emergency button calls. No RN on duty= unqualified activity director- many safety concerns- small number of compassionate staff members. Food adequate. Do not follow special diet needs.

Review of Adante Senior Living

I toured Adante's Assisted Living and Independent Living communities. Dawn was a wonderful guide and was very knowledgeable about the community. She greeted every resident by their first name as we walked through the community. Residents all seemed happy to be there. A few were gathered around one of the many common areas chatting amongst themselves, while others sat outside enjoying the beautiful greenery. Residents also have the option to participate in various activities. Adante was holding their own Senior Games for the entire community. There was also an aqua aerobics class in session at the community pool. They even have their own movie theater inside the independent living facility. The buildings were very clean and staff were all very friendly.

Nice place, overall

We've been generally pleased with service at Adante San Antonio. The facility itself is a nice, clean building, and the accommodations for the residents all seem nice as well. They also do a good job with the food.

The staff are overworked.

They had activities here, but I couldn't get him to get involved in anything. It was brand new and modern. The staff were wonderful, for the most part. I felt that they were overworked. When we first got there the receptionist would look up and greet us, then they started piling more and more work, they wouldn't look up because they were so intent on getting the job done. As the family of a resident I would think it would be more important to pay attention to the families. The food was good and it was clean. I saw a lot of change in the staff, something like 4 directors in two years. There was a lot of undercurrent going on there, I was there often and I think I heard about more than what you would see on the surface. There was some [removed] going on as well.

I cannot say enough good things about them.

It's been a very good experience. They are very clean and very friendly. I feel like it's a very good value. It's been great. So far he is very happy. The food is fabulous. We chose them because it's very, very attractive and the residents are very friendly. It was the right price for all that was available. I cannot say enough good things about them.

Beautiful location and very...

Beautiful location and very friendly staff and residents. They welcomed my mom and really made her feel quite comfortable.

I visited on April 8th. Bea...

I visited on April 8th. Beautiful facility, some good options with the duplexes and the apartments. Probably too pricey for us.

Very nice place

They're doing an excellent job here. I'd give them top marks across the board. They've been very good about staying in communication with us, which we appreciate as we are located out of state. The quality of everything is just good overall, and my loved one seems quite happy here.

I found Adante San Antonio ...

I found Adante San Antonio a very delightful place. The staff and residents are very friendly and welcoming. Jeff is wonderful and full of information. The location is good. The facility is very clean and no need to :follow my nose' My biggest problem is the price tag! I know all the independent living places are expensive. I've got the money so why not spend it. The residents seem to be in their 70's but everyone is active. Seems like they have lots of activities.

Jeff was great. What we ar...

Jeff was great. What we are looking for but priced much higher than what is currently in Portland.

1st. Choice. Reasonable and...

1st. Choice. Reasonable and has cottages.

The food is excellent. It's healthy and well prepared, it's good.

It's the nicest one that we had visited, it's just really nice. This is for the independent side. The food is excellent. It's healthy and well prepared, it's good. I liked the way it's laid out is simple to understand, it flows and makes sense, and makes it easier for people to come together and interact.

Everyone (except my mom) loves it here

The activities are good except my mother has a lady who comes in, private pay type thing, every weekday so she's kind of kept herself sheltered from the social side. From what I've seen, activities and that type of thing, they seem to try very hard. Mother says she doesn't like it there, she just, bottom line, wants to be in her own home but her doctor has highly recommended Adante. I went through A Place for Mom and worked with Misti Rich and this was one of the ones on the list, but her doctor was very happy she was here. She had an uproar over her medications because she doesn't administer them, Adante does and her told her "Adante is where you need to be right now and you aren't capable of administering your own medications."
She said everyone she's talked to there jsut loves it, she's just very, very stubborn

My wife and I moved in only a month a...

My wife and I moved in only a month ago, but we're pretty pleased with them. They have cottages as well as apartments, and the cottages are bigger than the apartments.

The grounds and the building are very well maintained, and the staff is incredibly friendly. They get a 5 out of 5.

We're happy with the value that we're getting for our money.

The activities calendar appears to be full. Again, we have a limited experience so far, but we're happy.

Loved this place. no avail...

Loved this place. no availablilty but can be put on wait list. $500

This is is downtown area. May be ver...

This is is downtown area. May be very nice but not for me

Very nice facility, high staff to pt ...

Very nice facility, high staff to pt ratio. Charges extra for incontinence. Disclosure package states pt may be asked to leave if verbally/physically abusive

Will only do 30 days for respite care...

Will only do 30 days for respite care. I liked what I saw but the bathroom seemed far from the bed. Lovely room. Tour guide was very late meeting me. Dining room far from room.