Franklin Park TPC Parkway - San Antonio, TX

Great tour; clean facility looks well maintained. Sales manager answered questions I hadn’t thought to ask, gave me so much useful information. Facility provides extras like psych nurse and aromatherapy. Offered to help research financial resources such as VA assistance. Activity/dining room feels welcoming and comfortable.

Great Choice!

Mom is really happy here. She's making friends and has activities she can join if she wants. And she got to bring her cat! The staff is super nice. The process of getting her moved in was easy too.

Mother Doing Great Since Her Move To This Facility

I'am pleased with my mothers move to this community. I know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff here is taking good care of her, and her needs. At the moment we are having some billing issues, because her level of care had dropped. Hopefully they can resolve the problem. However other than that issue, this is a nice community. They have plenty of activities available for the residents. The food is good, she is pleased with the meals. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

The community was nice and [Removed] was very informative about the community. The food was good and made fresh and was not a frozen product that gets reheated. The rooms were of good size and fit our needs. Our family member likes to go outside and there was no courtyard for that. We were also looking for a single level community and one that when our loved one did not need assistance good still stay in the room that she was in. This was unavailable here. But overall the community and the staff were very friendly and listened to our concerns.

Very nice community, staff seems to be really nice and attentive.

Very satisfied!

My mom is very satisfied with her stay at Franklin Park! The facility is very clean and the staff are sure to cater to her needs and requests. She also gets plenty of opportunities to socialize and participate in activities.

All staff that I have met are very friendly.
They want to get to know their new client and ask questions about her likes & dislikes. She participates in some of the activities. I think that's a great start..

Need More To Do During The Day, But Overall a Nice Community

My mother's only complaint about this community has been, is there isn't enough to do during the day. She would like some more activities through out the day. Other than that issue she is doing well since her move to this community. I know she is safe, and receiving good care. They have good staff here, they have been good to work with. The food is good, she is satisfied with the meals. This community is working out well for my family, and I would recommend it.

Good Fit for My Husband and His Needs

My husband is doing quite since his move to this community. Being the social butterfly that he is , he is enjoying the activities very much. He particularly enjoys the interaction with other residents and the staff. He knows many of the residents although he may not recall each name, and I understand that all of them know him and some know me as I drop in rather frequently.He also enjoys the very good food and the timeliness of the meals as his meals were not timely when he was home!Franklin Park is a good match for him especially since he made the final selection. The staff is so professional yet so friendly and caring. He also likes the attentiveness of the staff.

Wonderful Community, My Mother Is Very Well Here

This is truly a wonderful community. My mother is doing very well here, they have a wonderful staff. They are all very helpful and kind. She loves all the activities offered. The community looks very well maintained, she really likes her room. We are also very pleased with her care they are providing her with. We love that she doesn't have to go out for hair and nail appointment , it is all done there. The meals are outstanding. Overall I would highly recommend it, I'am very impressed.

Everything I Can Hope For

My wife is doing fine and seems to be happy. The staff really take good care of her, they watch residents closely. The nurse help me exit too! They help distract my wife. I am well satisfied with the care. I have told people about Franklin Park Stone Oak and mention the appreciation for all the great help from A Place For Mom!

Very Happy with Franklin Park at Stone Oak

We are very pleased with all aspects of Franklin Park at Stone Oak. They have given us a piece of mind for our loved one and make sure there is plenty of interaction and wonderful care for our senior family member. Everyone is extremely friendly and caring. We couldn't be more happy with Franklin Park at Stone Oak and all of the services offered.

We liked the community and were going to move in

We liked the community and were going to move in, unfortunately circumstances changed and they were not able to accept my loved one. We never moved in, after initially telling me they could not refund my money, they said they would, which is nice, however it is taking a long time for that process to complete.

Very nice place, overall!

We're very pleased overall with how things have turned out at Franklin Park Stone Oak! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the whole place just has a very friendly, warm, inviting atmosphere. The staff here is friendly, and for the most part they do an excellent job with the care. The only issues we've run into is having to correct the same issue more than once with their medication service. But other than that they've met all of our expectations!

Nothing really to improve on, they worked well with us, even though my mother only stayed for 30 hours. Really they were just great. They were real friendly and real caring and it's really a great place.

Nice but not all inclusive more congested area.

Very poor management, service and food

There is significant turnover in care givers due to poor management and supervision. Further management appears disinterested and aloof from interacting with residents. Often evening shift is understaffed due to absenteeism. Inadequate help serving in dining room and particularly on weekends. For the entire assistive living mealtime, service is usually carried out by one who dishes out the food and another delivering the plate. Management has been known to yell at residence. There has been untrained or poorly trained med distributors resulting in errors in medicating residents, with at least one known overdose. Food quality is substandard and poorly prepared. Portion control is inadequate and menus repetitious. Residence concerns are rarely addressed in a satisfactory manner. Residence town hall meeting occur without microphones making communication difficult for most residence. [removed] by staff is a recurring problem. Building and room quality is fine.

They need a little better diet.

This place has the potential to be five stars all the way across the board with a few minor changes. For the cost, it could easily be better. I have learned a lot about memory care units, and most were totally unacceptable. I needed one that would take a couple, both have dementia, one has Alzheimer's. Both are high functioning, meaning they bathe and dress themselves; neither is in a wheelchair; they are fine in assisted living except for the fear that the one with Alzheimer's will go for a walk alone and get lost. Franklin Park fit the bill perfectly; they have showers in the apartments and full time attendants to keep an eye on things.

My biggest complaint is the food. They serve what is known nutritionally as the SAD (Standard American Diet). This is the diet that causes most diseases including premature aging and death. The worst thing is the amount of wheat products served. It has been known by researchers for many years the gluten in wheat erodes the lining of the intestines and causes inflammation in the intestines, the lungs and the brain. People in memory care should not be served any wheat products, yet Franklin Park serves it in large quantities at every meal. How can people in that line of work not be at the forefront of current knowledge? The dietician needs to join the local DRCI (Dieticians Researching Current Issues).

Bacon and eggs, hot dogs, hamburgers and pizza, should not be the basis of an elderly person's diet. I am 70 years old; my doctor took me off of wheat 15 years ago and my chronic bronchitis was gone in a week; my cholesterol dropped over 100 points the first month. I met my wife 6 years ago; she has not eaten wheat in almost 40 years. We eat wonderful, healthy meals everywhere we go. We ate at the Mexican restaurant across 281 from FP and had grilled chicken, Romaine lettuce and steamed vegetables, it was a great meal. At FP they ha d hot dogs.\r\n\r\nIt should be easy for anyone who calls themselves a cook to feed elderly people large amounts of steamed vegetables, chicken and fish. Chicken soup with lots of vegetables would surely by a hit. Everything I ever made for them was eaten with gusto. Last night neither of them enjoyed the canned peas or chicken with tortellini, but they ate the Texas toast and coconut pie. Other elderly memory care patients were eating hot-dogs.

All of these people also have congestive heart failure and do not need hamburger patties with melted cheese.

My only other complaint is the drug handling. I don't understand why they call me to renew prescriptions. They have the containers with the phone number of the pharmacy and the prescription number. It would take them less time for them to use the automated service to re-order (the pharmacy texts me when anything needs to be picked-up and I get them and take them to FP). Instead, I get a message that my mom is run ning low on an item. I have to call FP to get the number, they don't have it for some reason, then I have to call the pharmacy and speak to someone to reorder. They should have a list for each person with the prescription numbers.

Very nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved ones. I thought this was a very nice place over all, and it was our second choice when it came down to it. The staff were all very friendly and caring, and they appear to take great care of the people who live here.

very helpful and friendly

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Any time I see what I might perceive as a minor deficiency, they are quick to address it.

Regarding the activities, I don't think they get the residents outdoors enough, and I think people of that generation especially would enjoy and benefit from more of that. That is my only critique.

From the receptionist to the care sta...

From the receptionist to the care staff I met on the elevator, everyone at Franklin Park Stone Oak was wonderful! The bus driver was actually performing a solo during our visit and encouraged us to sing along. The building was spotless and everyone seemed so lively. I was initially concerned about the 281 location, but I have been able to zip in and out of there within 5 minutes at any time of day.My aunt just moved in, but she is already enjoying herself. I highly recommend Franklin Park Stone Oak.

Unhappy Mom

Our mother moved from Austin to San Antonio when my sister's husband was transferred. She was very disappointed in Franklin Park. It was not a friendly atmosphere. The clientele stayed in their rooms except for meals. There were not many who took part in any of the few activities that were offered. When we had issues, the director took along time to get back with us. My brother in law had to meet with him several times. Some of the issues were addressed and some were not.

Mother was not happy at Franklin Park at Stone Oak.

So nice and new. Just a bit...

So nice and new. Just a bit of a 'hotel' feel. I may have to go back through the residents & visitors entrance.

Franklin Park Stone Oak is in San Antonio, Texas and is a beautiful assisted living community in the heart of the city. We are in a convenient and incredibly secure area where residents can enjoy a variety of the amenities that we offer. Visiting hours are convenient throughout the day so that you can come and visit your loved one whenever you can make it. We understand how difficult it can be to care for a loved one who either has dementia or Alzheimer's, and this is why we provide your family member with professional nurses who are available to them at all times. Choosing Franklin Park Stone Oak for your elderly loved one is an easy and worthwhile choice. We provide gourmet meals throughout the day and allow our residents to either eat in the dining hall with others or enjoy their food in their own room. Private rooms are available to those who need or want to retain their independence and feel as though this is their home away from home. Transportation services can also be made available to individuals who would like to leave the facility to get to an appointment or just run errands for themselves. We are one of the best senior living facilities in San Antonio and can be an affordable option for you and your loved one. Be sure to take a tour of the facility so that you can see if we are the right option for you or your elderly parent. Franklin Park TPC Parkway, located in a peaceful San Antonio suburb, is part of the greater Franklin Park Senior Living community. With 148 apartments and 16 cottages, as well as an assisted living facility, Franklin Park TPC Parkway offers amenities such as a fitness center, a library, a full-service salon, and a wellness center. Full-time or night assistance is available for all residents.