Sodalis Stone Oak - San Antonio, TX

Sodalis Stone Oak - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

pros and cons, Sodalis Stone Oak

I have lived here since [date removed] months. I am very unhappy. I am disabled after a stroke. Good: caregivers are available 24/7 and help whenever they can.
Bad: difficult to have clean (expensively paid for) laundry returned and put away. Nobody would say 'no', but they don't do the work for at least a few days. I have to spend 2 - 3 days asking for my bed to be made.
There is no privacy. anybody can come in without even knocking, and if they do knock, they don't wait for my permission to enter, just burst into the room.
Food: breakfast is decent; especially eggs. Lunch and dinner are boring and mostly taste bad. Vegetables are cooked until they almost disintegrate, and the whole building smells bad from the kitchen.
i don't eat meat, but if I did, natural meat dishes are hard to handle - they are mostly tough and dry. Salads are finely chopped and not appetizing. gravy is usually too starchy and h salty.There is too much mayo in salad meals. Grease is abundant in cakes and pies too. Pasta dishes re overcooked and sticky.

There have been multiple changes in administration. I believe that, since I am a paying customer, I shoul not be dependent on the Director's moods and wishes. Aapparently, he thinks differently. he lectures me every time he sees me, not being fair and having an arrogant attitude.
Yesterday, he heard a lie about my cat and, without checking with me, decided it was true. My cat ;lives with me at the previous Director's permission, and I paid $500 deposit. The current director started ordering me around and threatening. When I tried to talk to him, he just turned his back to me and left. I consider such behavior extremely rude and inappropriate.

Among residents, there is a lot of hate flying around, often without reason. They scrutinize everybody, complain if they just don't like how the person looks. Most of them don't have adequate education or upbringing. they push the food on their plates with tteir fingers, pick their teeth or feet publickly, scream and yell as if in the woods. It's hard to understand some critics who engage in this kind of behavior.

Jen Malloy

Thank you for leaving your feedback. Our goal at Sodalis is always to ensure our residents' needs are being met. I would like to discuss the information you provided as soon as possible. Could you please contact me at your earliest convenience?

Michelle Rainer
Vice-President Sales & Marketing
[removed]
[removed]

Great care, layout of the rooms and staff. However, the memory care side is quite small if your family member is active.

Hands Down - Best place for my mom!

My mother and I are so incredibly happy we chose Sodalis at Stone Oak for her assisted living care! The management and staff are absolutely wonderful and truly go out of their way to help her. She's active and has made friends for life sitting in the dining room. The beautician on site is terrific! The grounds are lovely and the residents love to go outside on the porch. The food and chefs are phenomenal! Can't really say enough good things about this place. You won't regret your choice to bring your mother/father/grandparent here - I know I didn't!

Very happy camper

My dad is at this facility. He has settled in nicely and I luv him being there. The staff are attentive and happy with their jobs-which makes a huge difference doing the tasks given them. 5 star facility but more importantly 5 Star care given!!

A Place for Mom was very helpful in giving me options for a facility for my father. I would recommend to anyone to use this free service.

Very Happy With The Care

Mom really likes it here. The staff is very friendly and very involved with the residents. Mom is doing some of the activities they provide. For the most part, she likes the food she says every once and while there is something that isn't so good. Overall I would highly recommend this community we are very impressed with the care that is being given to my mom,

Wonderful Community, Very Satisfied With My Mothers Move Here

This is a wonderful community, and my mother is really enjoying her time here. I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. The director is very attentive. She is always here, and stays on top of the staff. The staff is great. They have been very helpful whenever needed, and very kind when I visit. This is a brand new facility. So everything looks great, they do a very good job with the cleanliness. There is always something going on for the residents. They offer plenty of activities through out the day. The meals are very good I know she is safe, and in good hands. This is an amazing community, and I would highly recommend.

Incorrect View of your facility

Your site Pictures are turned "sideways". You should place them so that they can be viewed correctly, if you want viewers to see your facility tour.

Jen Malloy

Thank you! We will let the SeniorAdvisor team know.

Very nice community, staff seems to be really nice and attentive.

Nestled in the Indian Springs neighborhood of Stone Oak, Sodalis at Stone Oak is minutes from the city of San Antonio yet surrounded by the laidback country lifestyle. We are an intimate, homelike assisted living and memory care community developed around personalized, dignified care for you or your loved ones, opening this spring.

Here at Sodalis at Stone Oak, our community is small in order for us to know and fully interact with each one of our residents. The word Sodalis literally means companion, and we take this very seriously. We are your Companions for Life.

Services Offered: Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care