The Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage - Columbus, OH

• All private rooms
  • Urban Zen Integrative Therapy
  • Onsite Laboratory and X-ray

Welcoming Staff!

Our tour of The Geraldine went very well. The staff was all exceptional and I felt like I would be very comfortable leaving my mother in their care. The reason we ended up choosing another community was because of location, it was too far from my home.

Review for the Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage

The decision to place a loved on in assisted living is always difficult. But I don't worry with Mom at the Cottage. I know she is being well taken care of and that the staff genuinely cares about her as an individual. I have nothing but good things to say about the Cottage and the people who have worked with my mother. They honestly care about the individual, address our concerns right away and really listen. I am so grateful for those people. It's top-notch care.

Review for the Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage

It was a difficult decision for our family, but our mom's dementia was progressing, she was falling frequently, getting more confused and disoriented, and she lived alone. We thought about using home care, but we had too many concerns, especially about who would be Mom's caregiver 24/7 and have access to her home. Having Mom make the Cottage her new home was the best decision for both Mom and our family. The loving care she receives in a safe, clean, and comfortable environment has given us peace of mind. Mom often comments how lucky we are to have a place like this. We couldn't agree more.

Review of The Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage

Having Mom reside at the Cottage has been the best alternative to independent living, for her and for our family. Mom feels safe there and we are able to feel confident she is getting the appropriate care and attention she needs and deserves.

As part of Wexner Heritage Village – Central Ohio’s most trusted source of senior healthcare and housing services for more than 60 years – The Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage is uniquely positioned to provide those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia, and their families, a one-of-a-kind assisted living experience.

Opened in 2011 and renovated and expanded in 2015, the Cottage is designed to promote a family atmosphere that respects each resident’s individuality and personal preferences. Our intimate, home-like setting includes 18 private suites, each with its own bathroom and space for personal furnishings. Common areas are warm and inviting and include fireplaces, a library, an arts and crafts studio, an indoor greenhouse and a secure outdoor patio. Meals are served family-style in one of our two dining rooms and daily programming is designed to promote the highest possible quality of life; foster independence; support each resident’s social, emotional and spiritual health; and embrace each individual’s personal history, experiences and interests.

The Cottage staff includes a full-time Certified Dementia Practitioner and experiences very little staff turnover, encouraging strong bonds to develop between residents, their families and associates.

In addition to The Cottage’s regular programming, residents have the opportunity to participate in Music & Memory and Urban Zen Integrative Therapy. The Music & Memory program engages residents and their families in the development of individualized digital music playlists that are delivered to patients via Apple iPods. This type of exposure to once familiar music has been shown to ease agitation and improve communication in Alzheimer’s sufferers. Urban Zen Integrative Therapy incorporates three gentle modalities – reiki, essential oils and yoga therapy – to reduce pain, anxiety, insomnia and other symptoms.

Residents of the Geraldine Schottenstein Cottage also receive front-of-the-line access to Wexner Heritage Village’s comprehensive network of senior healthcare services, including post-acute rehabilitation and hospice care.