Brookdale Lakeview Crossing - Groveport, OH

Brookdale Lakeview Crossing - Groveport, OH has yet not published prices.

Very clean facility with LOTS of activities. Very friendly staff.

nice place,nice employees, but a little dated in decor

Doing very well

My brother is doing very well here, He likes the community and his apt, and he says that the food is very good lots of choices. There are a lot of activities and special events as well as field trip which the residents can choose from. Right now my brother is going through PT here to help him get back some of his mobility which is nice. I would definitely recommend taking the tour here.

I Looked At the Community

The tour was good, the representative was professional and able to answer all my questions during the tour. However, when I got to see the room, I was not liking the size. They were not our pick.

Still Adjusting A Bit, But Overall Pleased

It has been an adjustment process for my mother with her move to this community, but for the most part all is well so far. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. They have a friendly staff, and they have been helpful. When I go to visit the community is well maintained. They do provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. Overall the experience is going well, and I would recommend this community.

Lovely people but not the atmosphere we were looking for

I really liked the person in admissions and they were very nice. I didn't feel that my loved one would fit in here because it wasn't as homey and felt more like a hotel. The dining area felt like a large conference room.

They Are Very Understanding

My mom has not made it to the community. They have let us decorate her apartment with her pictures and furniture. After talking with their administrative team they gave me a free month to work with us. While she was in rehab, they let me bring my mom to the community for meals and to hang out with the residents. There is never a locked door and we can come in unannounced. The food was good the residents are happy and clean. It is a wonderful experience so far.

Everyone is great!

This place was great and they treated my grandmother very well. They made sure that she was not alone at anytime. The made her feel comfortable. Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty. We were very pleased with everything.

Need To Hire More Help, But Mom is Comfortable

This is a nice community, and for the most part my mother is doing pretty well. She is comfortable, but I do have some concerns. My main concern has been with the staff to resident ratios. I feel they need more help around the facility. The staff that is there is helpful, and kind. I'am hopeful that they will hire more help to equal out the ratio. Other than that issue the meals are nice, and the community is well-kept. A place for mom was very helpful with all the information they provided me with. I would recommend this community base on the level of care your loved one needs.

Positive Experience

This is a great community, and my father is doing well here. I'am comfortable with his move to this community, it is a really nice place. So far it has been a very positive experience with the staff, they have good management. There are activities offered for the residents. He is very pleased with the meals. I know he is in good hands, and he is safe here. This is a community that would get a positive review from me if asked.

Mom's excellent care

This is a great community and we are happy with being very clean and taken care of. We like that she is happy with the meals that are served and the variety. They have offered her alot of nice activies for when she is wanting to participate. The is a community that we have recommended and hope that it will be there at a later time for us. We recommend the care and the good value to other familes for a loved one.

My Tour of This Community Was A Good One

My tour of this community was a good one. Everything went well. and it was a good experience. This is a pretty nice community. From what I saw it appeared they do a good with the cleanliness of the facility. The staff was kind. Everyone was nice to my family and I. Location was a big factor when considering where to move my mother too. I did find a community that was closer to me, but my tour of this facility went well.

Already used to the people!

The staff has been great here and we love it. They have always been super accommodating and helpful with dad. We really would like to keep dad here if they are able to continue the care since he is used to the people.

Good Tour, But not Very Modern

I had a good tour of this community, and everything went well. It is a nice community, everything looked well maintained. The staff was friendly. It wasn't as modern as I would had liked. They are planning to do some updating around the community, but at the time this wasn't the community for us.

Adjusting Well to This Community

My mother seems to be adjusting to this community pretty well. I know she is safe and being cared for very well. It is a nice, clean community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and attentive. Also they are great with commutation with me. So far everything is working out well, and I would recommend this community.

Very nice place

Overall our experience with Brookdale Lakeview Crossing has been a good one! It's clean, the staff seem friendly and caring, and they take good care of the residents. My one complaint would be that I think they could check in on the residents a bit more often in the evenings, but otherwise we're entirely satisfied!

Very dissatisfied

Very disappointing. We were very transparent about my father's condition, that he gets violent and hallucinates among other things. They assured me they could handle his problems, they could not, and they never contacted us about him being a problem until the situation got very serious. Although 4 people from admin watched me sign papers and made sure I wrote them a check, no one from admin has even bothered to speak with me, the entire matter was handled by their medical director with no help from admin. The medical director however did a great job in being honest with us and admitted he did not belong there. We have since placed him elsewhere and he is now doing very well.

needs better management and the food is horrible

I did not participate in any of their activities or the care services they provided. They are short of staff and the food is horrible. I'm still waiting for the director of nursing to call me back. Needs better management.

We were told of proposed renovations when we initially toured. One bone of contention, is the food. Residents capable of making menu choices do not have that opportunity in the Memory Care unit. I am disappointed with the food, frequently. The memory care unit staff are exceptional. One major concern is the loss of staff that have been at the facility eight to fifteen years since the change to Brookdale. There doesn't seem to be sufficient staff suddenly. I am watching what transpires in the coming months.

Not a valuable place!

the place is a joke!! none of them know whats going on or what they are doing!!the residents barely have silverware to eat off, never get snacks. the nurses don't care and take forever to come when you call them. the place doesn't care about their employees at all. very sad place!!!

It is no longer Lakeview Emeritus, now Brookdale Lakeview. Looked at seven facilities before selecting Brookdale Lakeview. It is a warm, friendly community. My only dislike has been food in Clarebridge area. Programming and care are excellent. All family friends have been very complimentary of the accommodations.

They did a good jon.

Our experience was short, so we don't have a lot to go on. My loved one passed away, so it was a difficult time. I didn't have any complaints though, they did a good job, and lived up to our expectations.

Our experience with this community health setting was simply poor.

We transferred my father to this "community" after he was discharged from the hospital. He has a 8 year history of Alzheimers and has required placement only in the past few months due to progression of the disease and caregiver exhaustion.
When he was transferred to the facility it was nearly 48 hours before his medications were given to him. By that time he had been off his medication so long that he was having symptoms of restlessness, agitation and aggressiveness. I'm pretty sure that was mostly due to the "cold turkey" absence of his medication which is given to balance his Alzheimers symptoms.
In response to his behaviors he was sent to the hospital and was told he could not return there, even though his behavior was created by the facility not giving necessary meds for such a long period of time. The family did not know they were having trouble getting his medications or perhaps we could have checked to see if we had some of them at home.
I do not recommend them from our experience. He spent only 3 days there and they have ONLY offered to give us back 80% of the amount we gave them up front. That I do not understand since any problem they may have had with him was of their making. I think it's fair for mom to receive the entirety of her payment under the circumstances minus the 3 day prorated stay.

The people there are friendly..

The people there are friendly. It's a nice facility. It's probably as good as the other facilities out there. My only concern is the slow response. They seem to be under staffed. When my mother needs help going to the bathroom, they take a long time to come help. Other than that, it has been a pretty good experience. Everyone is nice. I would recommend the Emeritus at Lakeview. It's a nice place to live.

Mixed experience

We have had somewhat of a mixed experience with this community. The staff here are friendly enough, but they are somewhat inattentive when it comes to both the cleanliness of the community and the care that they offer. I feel like they could have kept a much closer eye on my loved one.

No vegetarian options

I have had a mixed experience with Emeritus at Lakeview. The community itself is fine in terms of how clean they keep and how friendly the staff are. However I have a big problem with their meal service, in that they do not offer vegetarian options.

Good, well run facility, but lacking many activities

Emeritus at Lakeview, while very nice in appearance, is more like an old folks home. The food is very restricted (I am a vegetarian). The personnel are very polite and friendly. I fined myself going through periods of depression for want of something to do. The nursing staff is very good, a big improvement over the last assisted living residence I was in.

I was given very good information. We felt like if we chose to have our mother come to this community, that she would be very well taken care of and make friends. We felt that she would enjoy being at this community.

Unsatisfied

My mother in law was a resident at the facility a little over a year. Toward the end her health had declined and she was wheel chair bound. She had a fish allergy and at one meal an aid had served her fish. He room was unclean and many times we would visit she was just sitting in the lobby or in her room alone. The final straw was the day we went to see her and her breakfast was still sitting in her room untouched, this was lunch time and she was at the dining room. He bathroom was often unclean and at one point her home made blanket was misplaced for months before they finally found it. When she passed away in her room they never bothered to remove the dirty linens from her bed or remove the drinking cup from her stand. This was a week after the fact. The people there are often just sitting alone in the lobby sleeping . Hospice was finally brought in at the end but once again a disappointment in that they were very useless in helping with her final arrangements after we had given them the information they needed not once but twice.

Seems like a nice place

Unfortunately our experience with Emeritus at Lakeview was not a long one, but overall I liked what I saw during my loved one's time here. It was a clean, well kept facility, and the staff were friendly and caring.

clean friendly place

Overall it has been a very positive experience with Emeritus at Lakeview. The place is very nice and clean and the staff is incredibly friendly.

The only thing I can think they can do to improve would be better help getting V.A. assistance. That has been a fiasco in itself.

Just what I was looking for...

Just what I was looking for my Mother.

Emeritus--not the place for Mom or anyone

This facility is dated, the food was terrible and the care was severely below standard for the cost we were paying. My father was in need of emergency care and they REFUSED to call 911 for him. They told my sister they would get an ambulance (obviously in cahoots), she ignored them and called 911 herself.
We were paying almost $5000 per month for his care and he was not getting the attention he needed. Sadly, my Dad passed (two days before my son's wedding). Emeritus said that his belongings would be fine there and that they would hold them for two weeks. My poor mother returned from the wedding and had to deal with his funeral. Tough times to say the least, but Emeritus was so caring that they charged her over $2200 (as though he was there) until the day his belongings were removed.
I would not board my dog in this facility.

Sam Pollock

We are concerned about your comments regarding the care your father received. We care deeply for our seniors and their health, so we assure you that we would never refuse to call 911 for a resident in need of emergency care. If you have any further concerns regarding the time your father was living with us at Lakeview, we invite you to reach out to our community management team or our Ethics First program at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

This was a very good community.

Getting in after hours would depend upon who would answer the buzzer, and could be a considerable amount to have someone answer the door. The food was nutritious, and they did have a good variety. The people I dealt with were very helpful, in helping me understand in laymans terms how things would be, and being patient and giving me time to do the research.

They've done a great job here, I'd gi...

They've done a great job here, I'd give them 5s across the board. The most important thing is that they've made Mom feel welcome, and part of the community. She really feels like this place is her home. It's a beautiful facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. They've got plenty of activities, and the food seems good as well. They offer a balanced diet, but they do have different selections available for picky eaters.

Finding a place for dad

My dad needed assisted living and after taking a tour of Emeritus At Lakeview I knew it was the place. It was so nice I would like to live there. The staff are friendly and helpful. Everything is clean and clean smelling.

Excessive "Move in fee" "Community fee"

$2200 move in / community fee which is sometimes offered at 1/2 price or at $zero depending on their mood. I was told this was for room cleanup and extra special care for the new resident. Kind of like first month's rent in advance however when the resident moves out or in our case passes away you don't get it back and the next resident pays again even if room was only used for 25 days. In my opinion there was no extra care given. I was informed there would be no move in fee if I signed the same day as I toured which was a Sat evening. I signed the following Tuesday ( Mon was a Holiday ) and they would only reduce move in fee by 1/2. Move in fee is a poor description. Furniture was provided by hospice. I moved in all personal belongings which consisted of clothing, 1 lamp, end table on move in day with zero help from staff. Little room in our case due to all the hospice items that were needed. Emeritus then demands that 2 weeks be paid for after room was vacated 1 day after the resident passing. As far a prepping room for next resident this room NEVER had bathroom used. Patient was bed bound entire time. I just feel there should have been no move in fee since we signed the next business day after touring and was offered on tour day a zero fee and I feel the 2 week penalty on vacating is totally uncalled for. Room was occupied on the 6th of September. Room was available for rent on the afternoon of the 30th of September.

Promised more

The community could be cleaner. They are trying but they could do a lot better. Some of the problems we are having are with our loved ones aides that come in to their room. The cleanliness of their room and the community. The food and the menu they have. You never see an administrator around and the person that sold us on the community never checked on us again. Our loved one is basically left to sit in their room. The activities could use some work, they basically have bingo and they go out for a dinner a couple of times. I was promised more hands on care and I feel like I am not getting it.

My mother-in-law is there. We moved ...

My mother-in-law is there. We moved her into the Emeritus because it was cheaper than some of the other communities that we looked at.

The facilities are beautiful and the staff are very friendly.

The cost is very expensive there, and I thought they would supply her with her Depends but, while they do have Depends available, it's an extra $85 per month. It's not included in her rent.

This is the community I would choose

My mother was there for a day. We chose it for the location and because it's a really nice community. If my mother ever does needt to go into a place, that is the community I would choose. I would definitely go back.

FIRST CHOICE...Unfurnished ...

FIRST CHOICE...Unfurnished Studio unit at $2495 available now; $500 deposit; cable included/24-7 nursing;laundry and housekeeping incl.;PT available 3x/week; buddy system upon move-in with an emphasis on socialization and activities. Will work with other Emeritus properties. Color scheme and personal photographs welcome.

was ok

was ok

Toured the facility, very nice. Dad i...

Toured the facility, very nice. Dad is considering this and other options at current facility.

Talked with the director. Best option...

Talked with the director. Best option so far. Would have to use hall wash room but it has whirlpool tub and no barrier shower. I liked the dining room and fireplace room for gatherings. Also had separate tv room. They have a hoyler but only had underarm sling would have to order full sling.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.