The Fountains at The Carlotta - Palm Desert, CA

Needs some improvement....

Things seem to be going well for my loved ones since the move to The Fountains. The problem they are facing right now is trying to get the transportation figured out. Other than that, the place is clean and the meals are good from what they have told me.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your experience; I’m glad to hear that you and your loved ones are satisfied overall. I’ll share your review with our Transportation Department to ensure we are achieving your satisfaction in every area. If you have more specific feedback, or other ideas for improvement please don’t hesitate to let us know. Sincerely, Lisa Hollinger, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Lisa Hollinger.

Father's Care

This is a nice community. The food was very good and my father was very pleased with the meals. The staff was very caring and helpful all the time. They did offer my father activities to participate in. I would recommened this community for great loving care.

Things are going fine

Things are going fine at The Fountains. So far, we do not have any complaints with the facility or the staff here. We are fine here and we have had a pretty good experience so far. Thank you.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. Please be sure to suggest anything we can do to help you thrive, whether through programming, dining, maintenance and housekeeping, etc. Just let us know. It’s our pleasure to assist.
Sincerely, Lisa Hollinger, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Lisa Hollinger.

Fountains Move Coordinator - Dawn

My father-in-law was moved from another assisted living facility to the Fountains for rehab. The family decided it would be best to move his belonging from the other facility to the Fountain assisted living when his rehab ended. After an evaluation by the Fountain staff it was recommended he would be better served moving to their high level nursing section instead. Dawn, the move coordinator at the Fountains, handled everything for our family as there are no other family members in the Palm Springs area. She handled the entire move from the other facility to the Fountains, arranged his apartment so he could move in seamlessly with decorations and pictures on the walls and etc. After the decision to move him to skilled nursing, Dawn handled the move of his apartment belongings again to a nearby storage facility. She also ensured he would have a shelving unit for family pictures in his skilled nursing room and hung paintings and larger pictures on the walls of his room. She was very communicative during this two week process and was excellent working with. We could not have done this without her valuable help.

HORRIBLE CARE

Horrible Care

Recently an elderly Family member of mine was moved to this facility with a broken leg. While at the facility he began suffering from Hallucinations and Confusion. He had a major bladder infection that was never treated correctly. The wound care he received from a bed sore that he got while he was there was treated poorly. His full leg cast was filthy and covered in feces and we are not even sure if they ever noticed. Finally my mother fought to get him sent to the hospital to get his mental state checked out and when the hospital was ready to send him back to the facility he was no longer welcomed back. The hospital gave plenty of warning they wanted to release him and they waited until late Friday afternoon to respond.

Don't let someone you care about go into this horrible facility, look at getting care elsewhere.

Watermark Ambassador

I appreciate your willingness to speak with me several times since the posting of this review. The health, wellness and satisfaction of our residents and guests are our top priorities and I sincerely wish you and your family the very best.

Sincerely, Brent Thatcher, Executive Director

Requires a $160,000 entrance fee, fee...

Requires a $160,000 entrance fee, fee is $4,000 if you go into assisted living.

The Fountains at the Carlotta is a multi-level gated community on 20 acres of beautifully manicured grounds. We have 111 Independent Living private Apartments and 63 Private Casitas. There are different floor plans to chose from.

Our Assisted Living Community has 36 one Bedroom and studio apartments in a very intimate setting with a professional, caring staff who provide assistance with your basic daily activities.

The Fountains at the Carlotta has beautiful private suites in our Medicare certified 46 bed skilled nursing center with full service rehabilitation for post hospital care.

Our clubhouse features a state of the art fitness center, therapy pool and café. Carlotta Café is open to the public.