Brookdale Mirage Inn - Rancho Mirage, CA

The Mirage Inn provides a full range of choices for today’s seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful.

No Problems With My Tour

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my mother, and her needs. It was a good experience, and everyone was kind, and friendly. The community was nice, and clean. Everything went well, and I did not have any problems with my tour of this facility.

Very nice experience!

Everything has been going just fine so far! The staff are great and the facility looks very nice! This living situation and transition has worked out very well for the whole family!

Comfort for my loved one!

Everything has been going very well for my friend since her move in. She has been there a couple of weeks now, and she is adjusting very well. The staff is wonderful, they help out with anything they can. The facility itself is clean and organized, we are happy with our choice so far.

I Didn't Want This For the Care

That was a horrible place, it was not good. On our tour,
they separated my spouse from me when we were looking around. I wanted him to see the place but they didn't let him come with me to see the community. The administrator tried to control my husband. He was still under my control not theirs. For lunch we had a salad, which just had sliced beets poured from a can with no dressing. His was a combo of beans with no dressing. It was going to be good so I did not move him in.

Good tour overall

The tour of this community was okay. The staff was knowledgeable and able to answer our questions.

Care and comfort

We toured this community for care. The staff was nice. We did not feel that this would be a good fit for my mom. The community needs some improvements We did not like that the residents would be able to walk freely into the kitchen area. A lot of updates are needed. The menu seemed to be appealing. They did offer activities that we listed for the residents. We suggest other families tour this community for the care and value for a loved one.

Beyond expextations

The facility has top notch specialist. The care they provide is second to none. Brookdale is updated and clean!!
They have so much to offer my father, I was very comfortable leaving his day to day care in their hands.

GREAT CHOICE

I visited a few senior residences and it took me 2 years to determine that Brookdale Mirage was right for me and I proceeded with my application. 5 weeks later I am very comfortable and am pleased with my decision.

DO NOT place your loved one in this facility

DO NOT place your loved one in this facility. We moved Dad into their memory care unit and immediately realized they were unable to provide appropriate care for him. They took him to activities without his hearing aids in place which increased his confusion, they neglected to apply lotion which caused his skin to become extremely dry and scaly, he constantly appeared disheveled, etc. We moved him out three weeks later and the director, [Removed], has been unable to provide us with a correct final bill for three months now. Two weeks after Dad left, they tried to withdraw $11,272 from his checking account. We were able to stop that payment and I talked with [Removed] three days later. He said the final bill would be $2,684 but they never issued a bill for that amount. The last bill they sent was for $5,277 including a $250 late fee! If you want your loved one to receive quality care in a professionally-run senior community DO NOT move them to Mirage Inn.

I would say take a look!!

The person that took me on a tour was nice and knowledgable. They answered my questions and the community was clean. They seemed to offer a lot of activities.

Great Care

The community is outstanding. The staff is very helpful and very nice. The food is good with a nice variety. They do offer great activities. I would recommend this community to other families.

Great Care

This is a excellent community. The staff is caring and available to help at anytime. The food is wonderful and a good variety. Alot of great activities. I recommend this to other families.

A place worth looking at!!

The staff were very nice during our tour of this community. This community is clean. The accommodations appeared to be good. We just happened to like the community we chose more.

Highly Recommend This Community

They are caring for my father and his needs very well at this community. I am very pleased with everything they have done for us. This is a good community everything looks good and clean most of the time. My father takes advantage of most of the activities they offer. He said the meals are nice and the food is good. They accommodated my father and I very well and I would highly recommend this community.

so far, Dad seems happy

high ratings

The experience at Brookdale Mirage Inn was short lived bt good. My aunt got pneumonia about 4 days after being there and had to go to the hospital and then ended up passing away. She enjoyed their cocktail menu. The dining was nice. I would give this facility high ratings. I would recommend them.

We are happy with Brookdale, and would rate them a five.

We were in a different Brookdale before we came here, and we have been very pleased. We are happy with Brookdale, and would rate them a five. They are very good.

A Good Transition

What I think they did well was getting my mom in there and making her feel comfortable and letting her set up her room the way she wanted with her own furniture. It was a good transition, they were efficient with her evaluation and their communication is good.

The Care Leaves A Lot To Be Desired

The food is excellent and the people in the dining room work really hard with the people who come in and that is very satisfactory and they do a good job. The care-giving leaves a lot to be desired. there is a big turnover and there is a lot of inexperience. They just don't have much training, only maybe the fundamental basics. They don't want to get involved with the residents, not a lot of heart in terms of care.

5 stars across the board!

Absolutely wonderful. They have done wonders for my father. I rate them 5 stars across the board! I would highly recommend the Brookdale Mirage Inn for anyone looking for an assisted living community in the Ranch Mirage, CA area. This is a fantastic community with 5 star services. I am very happy with this place. This has been a very positive and good experience for both my father and I. We are very pleased.

no nurse on staff

no nurse on staff

Disappointed in the Mirage Inn

Overall, my parents felt they were treated very poorly when they lived at the Mirage Inn. From the day they moved in until they left, dealing with the Mirage Inn and Brookdale corporate was really stressful.

For example, it took forever to get basic maintenance requests handled for things such as non-working air conditioning (in the desert!), non-functioning door locks, burnt out lights in their unit, etc. Management later backed out of some things they promised when my parents signed their contract. The one bright spot, however, was the dining room - the food and service were great.

This was a beautiful place, really nice, first class.

This was a beautiful place, really nice, first class. It was very expensive though and I thought that the apartment itself was small for the price it was.

This is the Place for Me!

I found a place for me when I need it! This place is amazing. They have a cinema and a cabaret room and a pub and all this stuff. It's much more elaborate. My mother is not into that so she chose another place but Mirage Inn was much more my cup of tea!

The apartment had a walk in closet that you could use for a second bedroom, it's so big. They have excellent entertainment there. They have covered parking for the people that drive. There were nice french doors leading into the pub that served complimentary wine, beer, and Italian soda at a 4 pm. It's a very very elegant place.

I enjoyed speaking with Jay...

I enjoyed speaking with Jay. He was very professional and kind concerning the needs of my parents. The site is well kept and has a fun ambiance. Movie theater, lounge, airy, and spacious.

Kind of Expensive

It's very nice but it was more expensive and you really didn't get much more for your dollar. I guess you get a rancho mirage address and you pay premium for that but as far as the facility I was able to find similar services for a much better price.

We were really impressed. It looks li...

We were really impressed. It looks like a winner

Cancelled this appointment, liked the...

Cancelled this appointment, liked the smaller home settings better