The Palms at Laquinta - La Quinta, CA

I toured this community with my Mom and I have to say they really took the time to answer my questions and made me feel so good about my decision. I know my mom will be well cared for. I had lunch with a lovely group of ladies that were so happy living here and had such nice things to say about all the staff. Thank you for the piece of mind and all the kindness you showed myself and my mom.

Needs to be shut down!

Worst place ever! My dad is currently a resident here. We loved it until he stopped receiving care. The residents are caring for each other, the whole staff walked out, and the food is awful. It's definitely over priced for the lack of care that he is receiving. This place needs to be shut down immediately. I'm surprised the state of California hasn't yet. I will be taking my dad home until I can find a better fit. 0 stars.

Great Place

My Mother has been at the Palms for approximately 2 months. She loves it, staff is friendly and go above and beyond. The food is great and it is very clean. Great location it is close to many stores and a health care center.

Top notch facility!

My mother's stay at this facility is going nicely! The facility is clean and well maintained, and the staff are very friendly. There are many healthy option offered for my mom to eat, and she even has a fridge in her room! Though she does not participate in too many activities, there are plenty offered to her, such as bingo, movie nights, gardening, and swimming. This is a top notch facility!

Dont send your parent here

I am a younger person than the general 80-95 year old population here.

I was given a sales pitch while very ill and alone that I would be in a supportive, caring environment.
Anything but!

I am a young retired professional.
I have heard complaints from the older educated adults about being given a pn over zealous, false salesputch by Marketing Dirctors.
Once here, there is no food or activities one couldnt get at any community senior center free.

Drivers are unreliable. The rich elderly with the largest units get priority in drivers. The marketing dirctor has lost his temper with me and another woman my age with fragile health; like a schoolyard bulky.

Most people other than a few coupkes, are here because their children were given the same salespitch I was.
They were MUCH happier in the facilities they came from.

This place is cheaper than most for a reason.
It is basicalky like a community senior center with bedrooms, no social or logistical support as in most places,
With cheap fancy loking furniture to make a first impression.

My Mother in law was happy in three facilities. I know goid ones from poir ones.
This is not a " good value" nor does it relieve the stresses of being older with health chalkenges.

I would never send a relative here.
Fancy furniture and model apts do NOT a quality life make!

It's going okay here.

It's going okay here. The food's not bad. They offer three meals a day, but they don't cater to dietary needs, the menu is just general. They have options if you want something different, but it would be nice if they had a side menu that offered some things for those with dietary issues, some low sodium, or gluten free, or non-dairy, some of those kinds of options. Some of the activities aren't very successful, they need more residents for some of the activities to be a success. It can get a little cliquey among the residents, the staff are okay, the administrative, and management staff are pretty good. We liked the view, and the location. It was also a big plus that this is month to month, and we don't have to sign a contract.

Food complaints

I've been hearing a number of the residents complaining of the food. Saying it's just not good.
Everything else is an A plus.

The beautiful Palms

I recently moved my Mother into the Palms facility and found it everything we were looking and wishing for. The staff is exceptional and more than willing to help with any and everything.
The food is very good, plenty of activities, nice and clean rooms, and we picked up a good feeling the moment we first enter the beautiful lobby.
Strongly recommend The Palms.

Very nice place!

Everything has been great so far at The Palms! The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. I'd give them top marks across the board!