Mission Hills - Rancho Mirage - Rancho Mirage, CA

Life is defined by what you do. Remarkable lives are defined by defying the status quo at any age.

Eat well at a table full of conversation...Our residents do!

Frolic in activities that engage the mind, body and soul ...Our residents do!

Travel in a chauffeured coach to all corners of the town, whether for sightseeing or just necessities...Our residents do!

Sit by the side of a friend in need, accept the hand of a caring professional....Our residents do!

Keep fit with exercise, enroll in educational opportunities, dance to lively music and laughter...Our residents do!

At Mission Hills Senior Living in Rancho Mirage, our residents do what makes them happy and vital.

Life at Mission Hills is defined by what you do and living life to its fullest.

Well maintained facility!

My love did an I toured Mission Hills when looking for a place for her. Mission Hills was a nice facility with very friendly staff. The place was clean and in good shape, we had a very good tour.

Good community

My father was a resident at Mission Hills. They seemed to have an adequate amount of staff. His experience was positive here they were just not able to meet his care needs any longer.

Care for family

We toured this community for care. We did like the staff and they were friendly and caring. We did not like that it did not have a lot of light in the community. The residents did not seem active. We found the community to be clean. We wanted to see activity when my mom would be active with the other residents. We suggest that families consider a tour of this community for the care of a family member.

My Visit To The Community

This looked like a clean nice community when I visited. The staff I met were nice and friendly. This community was just a little farther away than we were looking for.

Good impression

We toured this community when looking for my mother. It was clean and a good atmosphere. The sales representative was very warm, friendly and answered all of our questions. I would recommend them.

A good tour

This seemed like a nice community when we visited. The staff we met were nice and the food was good. This community was a little to large and spread out for my dad.

Amazing community!!

I don't know where to even begin to express how amazing this place is and all of the great things they have done for my mother. The thing that really sold me on this facility is how bright the atmosphere is throughout the entire complex. Everything is very modern and all the walls are painted bright and positive colors. Her room also is more than just a small place to sleep. She has a kitchenette, a refrigerator, and extra room for a small dinning room table. It feels just like home and I have never seen a room like this at another assisted living. My mother also says how extremely clean everything always is and that is a huge deal coming from her. Overall her voice sounds stronger, she looks a lot healthier, and her quality of life has really improved. I am very thankful for this place and would highly recommend them to anyone

My thoughts!

The people I met were great and friendly. This is an older community. I was not impressed with the memory care unit as it seemed dark.

This is a good place for my Mother in law!!

The staff at this community seem to be friendly and on top of things. The food is ok and the community itself is very clean. I am not sure when they come clean her room but the trash is always full when we visit. She loves the bingo and has started to go out on outings. I would recommend this community.

great tour very friendly and informative.

A great Place.!!!

I am very happy with the staff at Mission HIlls. When my mother expressed a concern regarding the food they made some changes and she now loves it. They are really quick to work with the residents on their suggestions. She participates in the activities and is going on field trips. She is settling in nicely and getting her routine down. The community is beautiful and this was the right move for us.

Not as good as I hoped

Many problems with getting services as promised. Need for
frequent follow up to get scheduled showers, laundry..response time for aids to respond is not as promised (7-10 minutes.)

Transportation bus not fitted for secure wheel chair transport.

They are friendly enough but follow through is sketchy.

Food complaints..limited choices

Spacious and friendly

Clean, spacious rooms. Very friendly and attentive staff.

good job at virtually everything

I am overall pleased with Mission Hills- Rancho Mirage. The activities seem well planned and they seem to be well liked. I haven't participated in them much so that is second hand information. I hate to give them a perfect rating because nothing is perfect. But I think they do a very good job at virtually everything. I am really happy with this facility and I am grizzly old jerk, so that says a lot coming from me.

Just A Few Issues

She has had some problems initially, because they knock on her door and whether or not you answer, they just come in unannounced, so there is kind of a lack of privacy. The other issue is she is having a difficult time with the laundry situation. They take her good hangers and will just replace them with wire hangers. They took her white towel one time and it came back kind of grayish with streaks in it. Otherwise it is going pretty good.

Jennifer Morton

We would love to have the opportunity to resolve these issues to her satisfaction. We are passionate about not only doing things well...but also about making sure each resident is delighted with their experiences at Mission Hills!

And we agree. Privacy is important. We have policies in place regarding resident privacy, and we will revisit them with all of our staff.

Thank you so much for you feedback. It helps us become better.

Was disappointed. Memory care for only about 30. moving to second floor. Rooms are unfurnished, no shared rooms.
Staffing is a little lean. Quite pricy.

Jennifer Morton

As the Executive Director of Mission Hills I take the satisfaction of our family members and residents very seriously. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss our decision to accommodate and create a special environment to enhance our memory care residents lifestyle. While non-furnished rooms are typical in memory care communities we are always able to accommodate our residents and family needs with a simple discussion. Please reach out to me directly, Roland Gandy at [removed].

Nice place, overall

For the most part things have gone well for our loved one at Mission Hills. It is a nice looking place, and the people are friendly. We have had a few issues here and there, but for the most part they've been very accommodating. We are still having an issue getting our loved one regular bathing assistance, but other than that we are very pleased with the place.

Mission Hills Is The Best!

The rating says it all. My mom and dad are VERY pleased about living at Mission Hills.

We are so pleased with all of the entertainment and activities that goes on for the residents.

We loved the people that work with our mother at the facility. Everyone is so friendly and kind to her and the family.

We have only one concern. The concern is that there seems to be a lot of theft. While visiting my mother money was taken from my purse. We also discovered that someone had taken all of her money from her purse while we were out taking a walk.

Other residents were talking in a group about all the thrift and the fact that it is getting worse. Greatly disappointing !

Taking good care of us

They are taking good care of us, and everything is alright, but the food is mediocre. That's the only thing I'd try to improve. The staff is very friendly.

My mom was at Mission Hills for one m...

My mom was at Mission Hills for one month, and she had a good experience with them. The staff did a great job and we were very pleased overall.

My mom has lived in several assisted ...

My mom has lived in several assisted living facilities in different states....This is by far the worst....she has never settled in...caregivers have been rude to her....They were overcharging her and I could never get the person in charge of billing to call back....

Everyone at the facility was welcomin...

Everyone at the facility was welcoming and made my uncle very comfortable. Also Gentle Transitions have been wonderful from start to finish!!

You should know that my father absolutely loves this place...

You should know that my father absolutely loves this place... the staff... the location, but my problem right now is they are continually getting his medications wrong. I have spoken them multiple times. Medication is so important. I hope that everything works

Favorably Impressed by Mission Hills

My parents recently moved into Mission Hills after having been at another assisted living facility in the Coachella Valley.

So far, I have been very impressed with the care and compassion of their staff and the cleanliness of the facility at Mission Hills. We had a very bad experience at another assisted living facility in the Coachella Valley, so I am not easily impressed by what is promised before move in day. However, the Mission Hills staff have done everything they promised and have gone out of their way to make my parents feel welcomed.

The staff was really nice.

The staff was really nice. Their clientelle were more confused than our family member. They were well supervised. They did have a memory care unit. They had a very dreary dining room. It's hard to give somebody a grade when you weren't there a long time. The staff was very nice, the cook came out and greeted us. It just wasn't a good fit for my mom. They really went out of their way to be kind though.

Love it!

My Mom is doing great here! The staff are very friendly, and provide great care. It's always very well kept and clean looking.

Friendly Staff

They were friendly, it just seemed a little more convalescent. Very nice people, though. They would have been more affordable, but we were looking for a little higher end for our parents. I probably would have gone with this one as my second choice.

Cozy, Comfortable Place

We chose Mission Hills and it's worked out great. I looked at a few others and they were all clean and and nice. It was just a matter of price. She chose this one that she can afford out of her monthly income and still have money left over. The value there is excellent! Her apartment is very large and brand new. It's like 15 years old or newer. The staff is wonderful. We're all on a first name basis. They matched my mother up with a couple of people that are on her level. They still go out and drive and do stuff so right off the bat she had friends.

It's as good as I could expect. They try very hard to have activities but people don't really participate. It's okay because there is a shopping center and a beauty parlor is right there. Everything my mom does is on one street. She's a lot healthier now that she's got the meals prepared for her. It's cozy comfortable place to be. I feel right at home there. I'm there all the time.

I was surprised to learn so...

I was surprised to learn so much from Nancy at Mission Hills. She took me on a tour and explained what my parents would need and why. Their facility is large and immaculate.

Clean, Nice, and Less Expensive

It was very nice and had we not gone with another place we probably would have chosen Mission Hills. This was probably our second choice. I don't want to say it was cheap but it was less expensive than others. It had a very nice dining room with white table cloths. They encouraged people to eat their meals there in the dining room which is good for socialization. It was clean and appeared to be very nice.

Excellent Food

We chose this community because of friendliness of the staff and the overall cleanliness of the community. It has a really good setup, its setup like a wagon wheel so everything is in the center and the spokes are the hallways to the rooms. They had a Father’s Day celebration and they had excellent BBQ chicken and ribs. The soup they had was really full of flavor and was very hearty rather then runny. The community has lots of beautiful trees and is simple beautiful. Betty and Leake really stood out among the staff they really go above and beyond to make things happen. My mother was having some issues with her insurance and the staff here really helped get through it all by being really accommodating.

Hard to please

The staff know all residents by first name and go out their way to help. mother adapted very quickly and is very happy especially considering she is very hard to please. Had looked at 11 different places and chose this one because of everything it offers.