Atria Palm Desert - Palm Desert, CA

Nice restaurant style dining. 1bdrm I looked at feels small but had a beautiful view. Lg studio was nice with lg handicap accessible shower. Patio felt small and had no view. Residents and staff knew each other. Residents appeared to be happy and interacted with the staff. Nice location. Across street from the senior center. Pool area was clean and accessible. Lots of exercise opportunities.

My mother and I had visited atria several times before contacting you. The fact that you also recommended it just reinforced our decision that this was the right place for her.

An Excellent Choice!

My 90-year old mother-in-law moved into Atria Palm Desert directly upon discharge from the hospital where she had undergone surgery for cancer.

The facility is beautiful - very clean, attractive decor, fresh flowers in the lobby, lots of light, pools and lush landscaping, and interior public spaces that encourage residents to sit and visit. The apartments are large and all have a sliding glass door onto a private patio so they have great light. Each also has a full sized refrigerator and microwave, which is handy.

The staff is super - kind, engaging and skilled. They genuinely care about the residents and know them all by name. Atria also allows residents to engage additional private caregivers if they are desired.

The dining room is well appointed and is open all day, 7am-7pm. Food is good and residents can order from a menu that includes daily specials or always available favorites. Family and guests are able to dine as well at reasonable rates - $7 for breakfast and $11 for lunch and dinner. Special menus and decor for holidays like Mother's Day and Father's Day.

Finally - Atria offers a daily slate of activities, including transportation to shopping and outings.

This has been the perfect choice for us. Mom has the privacy of an individual apartment and easy access to companionship and entertainment when she wants to be social.

Positive tour

The staff was friendly and answered our questions during our tour. This is a community worth looking into.

A fantastic community!

The Atria Palm Desert was a very nice community. When we toured it, everyone was very friendly and the place was clean. It was a smaller facility with a great restaurant not just a kitchen in the back like other places. The people were very nice as the residents seemed happy, it was a good expereince to your this community.

A tour

This is a nice community and we almost moved dad into it. The people we met were nice and knowledgable They were upfront with us and let us know they did not think they could handle some of his medical issues.

I think if all you need is retirement living it's good.

It's fine and the food is good they keep it clean, and they have a lot of good social opportunities. I think if all you need is retirement living it's good. Everyone seems to be happy who works there.

A tour!

This is a nice clean community. The people I met during my tour were nice and answered my questions. They seem to offer a lot of daily activities and they allow pets.

Very nice place - the favorite so far! Room size is good and room has a private patio. Small kitchenette in the room and a vanity outside the bathroom. Mom and I had lunch and food was terrific - no set eating times so you can eat when you want. Nice and convenient. Everyone knew residents well. Whole facility was very clean and staff friendly. More expensive than Brookdale, but not as far away (1 hour drive for us!). Strong consideration at this point.

She Has Made Some New Friends

So far everything is working out pretty well for my mother. They are taking very good care of my mother her needs. One concerns I had is the cleanliness, they aren't cleaning her room every week like they said. We are working with the staff to improve this. The care staff is great. There are nice activities offered. She has made some new friends. It is a lovely community and I would recommend it.

5 Star Staff

From first visit to several follow up drop-in visits. Staff went above and beyond. My mom has been a resident for one week and I have seen a sparkle in her eye. She is engaged and starting to live life to the fullest again. Thanks to [Removed] and the entire staff at Atria Palm Desert. Especially Kelly in Sales, Teresa the Activities Director, Elias the amicable Chef, and Joseph the very attentive nurse. Many more from the front desk to the entire Palms staff and the room attendants. A true blessing for my mother.

Positive Experience

My mother is loving her stay at Atria and we are very happy with her move there. It is a great place and looks very nice and the staff has been super helpful with everything for my mother. They have good activities that my mom has participated in and that is really good see. The food is pretty is nice as well no problems there. I've only had one issue with the fact that right now the community is on lock down due to the fact a lot of residents have been getting sick and I think it is because the salad bar they said they wouldn't have it out all the time and they did for two days and now the residents are getting sick, but other then that overall it has been a positive experience for us.

Wonderful staff

The staff here is wonderful and they take excellent care of the residents. The facility itself is nice, clean and well maintained. The residents here seem content and happy. Overall we have had a good experience here.

A Nice Place

All of the staff members at the Atria Palm Desert were very nice and very friendly. The only issue we had with them was that they were not really equipped to handle the level of care that my loved one needed.

I think that they had the opportunities, my husband just didn't want to take advantage of them. He had some books there to read, he just sort of isolated himself. They had the choice to order from a menu and he took advantage of that, that was a good idea. I think that the personnel were very good. I really have no problem at all with it. The only thing was that it was expensive.

Mom's Comfy & Active Now!

We fell in love w Atria Palm Desert right away. The friendliness of the staff that felt natural, not forced. All the residents we chatted w were happy, friendly & open about the place when asked about their experiences there. My mom has been there 12 days & has enjoyed it from day one. She is eating better & getting involved w the daily activities & meeting new friends daily! I was concerned she would stay sedentary like she was at her house, but it's been quite the opposite, & I am grateful. The food served is really good. (Although I must ad, they must have a new chef as on meatloaf night I heard quit a few comments that it just wasn't as good as so n so's meatloaf.)
My only drawback from 5 stars is the cable TV issue we are having & they don't have her name at her front door yet. I myself have talked to the cable co when Mom was told by the maintenance guy "what she has is what she gets!" I have the same cable service plus chkd with cable co myself & found out the missing channels do come as part of what's paid for. This issue isn't resolved & the channel lineup the front desk hands out is a year old & not accurate. I will get my mom her channels!
Central air in each room w their own control is a plus. This Atria is smaller in space which to me is more intimate for being social & not extra floors to get lost & scared. The residents are elderly, get confused & easily out of sorts & this place helps to establish a secure feeling. I am a "hands on" daughter. My mom wanted to downsize but has early Parkinson's so needed lots of help moving. It's been a very smooth transition & I also do some activities w her. This so far has been a wonderful change for her.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. We're honored to have your mom living with us at Atria Palm Desert and we appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. Input from residents and families helps us continue to enhance the services we provide, so if you'd like to share more about your experience with us, please reach out to us at [removed].

They have done a good job.

They have done a good job. It's a smaller place, but cozy, and people are not intimidated to get out and about. Some of the bigger places felt more empty. There are people out and about to talk to. The services are good. I am pleased with them and would rate them highly.

Was definitely excited about this place and wouldn't have chose another place. She is happy here and everyone is all nice. If their is ever a problem then they come to me immediately which is great. The food is good also and nice facility.

Very nice place!

I think they do a fantastic job at Atria Palm Desert. The food an accommodations are first class, and all of the staff I have interacted with have been friendly and professional. They are also very affordable for the level of service they provide, we saw a few other options in the are that were not nearly as nice while also being more expensive. I would certainly recommend taking a look, if you are searching for options in the area.

This is a lovely place. Warm, friend...

This is a lovely place. Warm, friendly, caring. I'm looking forward to living here.

Not a good fit

Not a good fit

Not what I was hoping...

The care services are expensive!! We had a recent flu outbreak and we were all confined to our rooms! Also the rooms are very small. I feel like I can't maneuver around! There are smokers and their smoke gets into your room, which is nauseating. Also, the street on the southern side is very very noisy! Didn't end up being what I was hoping for. There are too many things I don't like.

Kate Vance

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during the flu outbreak. While these situations can be frustrating or uncomfortable, our contingency plans are considered and executed very carefully in consideration for the safety and well-being of those we serve. I am sorry that our community did not live up to your expectations and I encourage you to reach out via [removed] so that we may address your concerns more personally. Please be sure to include “Atria Palm Desert” in your subject line.

What really stands out to me about th...

What really stands out to me about this place is how friendly, cordial, and caring the employees are. You get the feeling that they genuinely enjoy helping people, and that this isn't just a job for them. They're always there, ready to help, and they'll get right on anything you ask them for! The only complaints my loved one has had is that she isn't quite used to having someone check in on her so often, which as I told her is actually a good thing!
The food is also absolutely delicious, I've eaten there many times myself and it's been impressive every time. I'd strongly recommend looking into this place, I'd move here myself if I could afford it!

Nothing but good things to say

Nothing but good things to say! I really cant think of anything specific that could use any improvement. The communication is good, and the food is just outstanding!! When we were searching, the friendliness of the staff was what really stood out about this place! We definitely made the right decision!

Why We Like The Atria Hacienda

My mother has been living at The Atria Hacienda at 44-600 Monterey Ave in Palm Desert for almost a year and we find it very nice. It's an attractive, pleasant place with an exceptionally well trained, caring, and friendly staff.
They have two restaurants, in-house entertainment, arts and crafts, a putting green, and lots of nice field trips.
My mother loves her room. It has a patio and she has plants and a hummingbird feeder which she really enjoys. They also also allow pets and although she doesn't have one, she enjoys playing with her neighbor's cats.

Fun Activities and Beautiful Building

Atria Palm Desert was recently bought out and completely redone. They redid the paint and carpets and really the entire facility. They did such a nice job. The rooms go from singles to two bedrooms. Staff is really accommodating. The residents all seem to really enjoy it. They have art classes, card games, and speakers. I've never had the food, but it looks great.

Friendly, clean, OK.

Friendly, clean, OK.

Atria Palm Desert is a stylish pet-friendly independent and assisted living community just minutes from the exclusive boutiques, restaurants and galleries of El Paseo Drive. Featuring stunning mountain views, a heated pool, delicious meals served restaurant-style daily, and an exquisite barbecue area, our community offers many opportunities for staying active. The intimate layout of our community allows us to focus on each resident’s interests and encourages more conversations with neighbors and staff. Visit us today for a tour.

License #336400954