Atria Hacienda - Palm Desert, CA

A tour worth taking

I have been looking at senior livings for my mother almost 6 months now, and I can honestly say I have never been more impressed by a building than Atria Hacienda. The sales coordinator was unavailable, however we were able to take a tour with the Activities manager [name removed] who made the experience easy, and answered all of the questions mom had. The community was spotless, there were roughly 10-12 activities going on throughout the day that were not the typical bingo, knitting, etc. [Name removed] knew the name of each resident we walked by, and you could tell there was a genuine relationship between the staff and the seniors who lived there. There were two restaurants that were absolutely gorgeous. The apartments were a bit small, but newly renovated and enough space for one person. The overall vibe did not feel likes nursing home.. it just felt like home. There is transportation five days a week, a beautiful pool, a movie theatre, and they even have happy hour! We won’t make a move for another few weeks or so, but this experience was one both myself, my brother, and my mom will remember.

After thinking about the distance, this location will not work at this time.

currently living there

Very Satisfactory

So far, our experience with Atria has been very satisfactory. The staff seems experienced, the food is good, the environment is very clean, activities are plentiful, and there is a good amount of other residents for companionship. I also like that they have very nice courtyard so residents can get some sun and air. It has only been about a month since my loved one moved in, but so far, Atria is doing an excellent job.

No Issues With This Community

My mother is coming along pretty well since her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of her, and providing her with good care. I have not had any problems with this community. They are doing what they are supposed to do, and I'am satisfied. It is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Mom's transition has been slow & Dad is doing well

Both my parents are here at the community and the staff here have been working really hard to help both of them with their transition. There are a lot of amenities for the residents to be a part of and the staff has encouraged both to come and join. My dad especially likes coming to the dining room as he enjoys visiting with the other residents, he even stays after dinner a lot of the time to continue talking. There was a nice party for those residents that had a birthday during the month and they even offer a Party room for your family to come and celebrate with you which is nice and my father had a ball. I would definitely recommend this community.

Beautiful facilities, food magnificent, staff outstanding. Mom is just not ready yet to commit.

A good tour!

When my friend was looking for a place, we toured Atria Hacienda. It was a good tour, the people there were very friendly. The facility itself was clean and maintained well.

A beautiful tour for care

We liked this tour for care for my mom. The staff is nice and helpful. We liked the menu of the good meals that are provided. We did find this to be beautiful. This was a little more than what we could afford. But high recommended for other families. They have great activities for the residents.

Large beautiful community!

The Atria Hacienda was a very big and open community. It was one of the nicest communities that we toured and it was very large. It would have been perfect if my mother was more mobile, but we needed a smaller community that could accommodate her needs best.

Good place for mom

My mother moved here recently and it's a nice community. She likes the food, it's clean and has a friendly staff. We chose this community because the environment seemed like a comfortable place for her.

All We Need Is Here

IT has been great for my aunt being here. all the staff are friendly and wonderful. They are providing the right care for her needs. She is in the memory care and it is wonderful it is clean everywhere and good. She has plenty of activities to choose from if she please. It does get difficult for her to talk with the staff but it is great the staff talk with her. Housekeeping is better than average. I picked them based on the staff, facility and everything else.

Best Of The Best!!

The Atria Hacienda is an excellent community, they are great on every level! I have zero complaints about them. They have been very helpful and take very good care of my loved one. I definitely recommend this community.

An ok community!!

Mom is doing well at Atria and I could not be happier. Some of the staff go out of their way to help and some do not. The food is good most days but there are some days it just does not seem as good. They do keep the community clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

This community is more than we expected!!

The staff are phenomenal and have gone above and beyond. The food is good, however they serve a lot of chicken. The community is clean and the grounds are well maintained. We have already recommended this community. They have changed my friends life for the better.

Outstanding.

This community is very nice. Very clean and well taken care of. The meals are excellent. There are alot of activities for stay active. I would highly recommend this to receive excellent care for the value.

The creme de la creme of communities!!!

I give Atria Hacienda 5 stars across the board. My friend loves living here. The food is good and the staff are nice. There is good communication with this community. The accommodations are excellent. The amenities and activities are superb. You could not want a better community and I would put anyone there.

Great place! Friendly & courteous staff as wwell as fellow residents.

Great place. All staff and persons encountered were polite and helpful. Food excellent; cleanliness outstanding; activities plentiful; cannot find a nicer facility!

First three day review.

Excellent facility. I checked out seven others before selecting Atria Hacienda. It was the cleanest with the most friendly staff who go out of their way to make the residents comfortable and feel like it is their home. The activities are unlimited and one can always something of interest at some time of the day. The food is great and the portions ample, but not so large as to make the resident discouraged that she/he cannot eat it all. The value cannot be matched!

A Pleasant Experience

Our experience with this community was nice, my mother was here for about a month. It is a pretty well-kept community, for the most part everything is nice and clean. The care staff was good. There are great activities offered, they have a movie theater in the community for the residents. I will say that there aren't really a difference between the independent living and assisted. The food is excellent. Overall it was pleasant experience.

A Fair Experience

Everything is going pretty well for my husband here at this facility. They are trying their best to care for him and his needs. I do have my concerns, but they are trying to working everything out. The community for the most part is well-kept, but they could do a better job cleaning my husbands room. Overall so far our experiences has been fair.

They Provide Good Care

They are taking good care of my mother here at this community. I know she is receiving some good care. The community is nice and very well maintained. The staff is nice and they have been responsive to my concerns. She is trying some new activities. I know she is safe and receiving great care. I would recommend this community.

Keep up the great work

It's early days but of the many positive impressions we carry thus far, the strongest is the caring that staff at all levels demonstrates. Careful observation to determine the sincerity of this caring revealed only that it is indeed real. Some early difficulties in adjusting to community life by our new resident were met with patience and attentiveness by staff.

A Beautiful Facility with People Who Truly Care

I recently had to place my husband in the memory care at Atria Hacienda. I went to several other facilities, but far and away, Atria stood out. All of the staff have been so loving, kind, and helpful. They have activities on a very regular basis and encourage him to participate. I am truly grateful that I found Atria Hacienda. It truly is a five star facility. My husband thinks he is living in a beautiful hotel, and I quite agree with him as all of the grounds. Pool, restaurants, and rooms are positively lovely! A Place For Mom really assisted me in finding just the right place for my husband of 47 years.

Going pretty well

So far, things are going pretty well at Atria Hacienda. The staff is friendly and attentive and they really seem to care. The facility itself was clean and seemed to be well maintained. The residents seem happy, content and well taken care of.

Terrific Staff

My mother lived at Atria Hacienda for only one month. We loved the community and thought it was great. The staff was terrific and took great care of the residents. The food was good as well. It was just a new thing for her and she missed home. She didn't like that she did not have a bathtub. She has moved back home at this time.

Well kept facility

The facility is well kept. The location is in a good area. The facility is always clean. The staff and the residents are very nice. Anytime we have an issue there the staff immediately takes care of it.

Beautiful

Atria Hacienda is a beautiful facility in a gorgeous location. The staff is super friendly and the facility and grounds are always immaculate. The other residents here are so nice and we love talking to them when we visit.

The staff greeted my mother with open loving arms. She fell in love with the place when she walked in the front door, she said (it felt right, warm and inviting.)
The dining options are fantastic with a huge variety of options and times NO structured seating.
Beautiful well kept facility with warm,friendly, and helpful staff. You can't get bored with all of the daily activities and outings.
We toured all of the facilities in the Coachella Valley and by far this is the best fit for my mother.

Seemed like a nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. They're worth a look if you're looking into care in the area.

Very Nice Experience

The whole experience was very nice with Atria Hacienda. They were very accommodating towards us and the staff members helped us in during the move-in transition for my loved one. We have no complaints about them.

ONce a big fan, now....not so much.

So here is the overall truth of this facility. The staff try very hard to be friendly and delightful. The Management walk a fine line between what is right and what is corporate. There is a lot of back scenes corporate nonsense and monetary profit consideration in every decision made here. The activities staff has been compromised and understaffed for 3 years. Many activities are cancelled and many on the schedule are there for marketing purposes only.
The med tech staff work very hard, but do not assume on any given day that your family member [removed]. You must be an advocate on a daily basis. Pill mistakes, timing issues, assisted living calls may or may not be done correctly or on a timely basis. The turn in around in staff here is like a revolving door. The Executive directors take 4-5 months to find, then to train, then 5 months later they move to another property.
The corporate structure cut staffing to less then 30 hours per week so they could avoid giving their employees medical insurance. The consequence is that there are times when it can take 45 minutes to get served, or the same activities person is forced to teach a class, start the movie and make welcome packages, leaving everyone waiting and wondering.
The scary thing is that this is one of the best facilities in the desert. Overall for an independent person it can start out as a 4-5 star experience. But as people decline, they can sit all weekend in their units with barely an activity to be found. When the movie projector broke, there were no films shown for 6 weeks. Corporate would not rent a large monitor and dvd player.
As you live here year after year the rent can rise by 5-7 percent, as can the care services. So plan carefully.
And just look around there are many empty units here. This was not the case 3 years ago. The age and condition of the new comers is 5-8 years older then a few years back. It is an effort to fill units, but the minute you need more care then this facility is licensed to provide you can be thrown out. YES thrown out. So do your homework, make sure that you know what is really going on and anticipate the future as you may find that this facility cannot keep you.
At first glance is a 4.5 star facility. After you have been around for a few months you might drop your rating. When you experience the corporate choices weighing down on some of the nicest staff in the world, your rating might drop again, and when you run into problems, you will realize that corporate will protect themselves and turn the tables on you and your loved one.

Extraordinarily Friendly

I would say that generally they were extraordinarily friendly and very easy to work with and they helped to make things work for what my loved one needed. Atria Hacienda deserves a five-star overall rating.

The best choice in the Coachella Valley

Jennifer was very helpful at Atria Hacienda from the first moment. The place is like a 4 star hotel, very nice and fresh. The food is excellent, a key point for those who really look forward to their meals. Lots to do: arts & crafts, movies every day in the charming movie theatre (with popcorn) and a nice beauty salon on site. Nice bright atmosphere. The best place we saw in the desert and my parents are doing well there. Location was very convenient to shopping, their church and doctor's offices. I do not have to worry anymore about them. Living all the way in New Jersey, this is a relief. A Place for Mom made the experience very easy. I said what we were looking for, and I immediately got calls from 5 or 6 good options. We went to look and 3 days later made our decision.

Mom loves Atria Hacienda and we do, too!

My mother will be 90 in August and has been living on her own for the past 16 years since my father died. She has done well until recently when "we" and she decided she needed adult supervision. When I called a Place for Mom, they were extremely helpful in pointing out different places with the amenities and costs. After looking at the Altria Hacienda, she said "this is it." The place is great, people are very friendly and there is lots to do; Pool, movie theatre, happy hours daily and extremely delicious meals. She tells me she couldn't be happier. I think it is also a relief for her that someone else is giving her her meds, morning and evening. She has at least 100 new friends, well, thats what she tells me. Her daughters, me, being one of them are spread out around the US so it is so nice to know that she is happy. Every time I talk to her, she sounds terrific, and she only has a few minutes to talk because she's on to her bridge game or some other adventure. We couldn't be happier, either.

keeping mom very happy and active

My mother has been in there for a couple of months and they have really gotten to know her and work with her well. They make sure that she is happy, and active, involved in the activities.

There was once instance where my mothers bathroom was nasty and had not been adequately cleaned and that really upset me.

Other than that instance everything has been very good with Atria Hacienda. Everyone there is great and very helpful.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your review. our goal is to always provide the best experience possible and feedback from our residents and families helps us continue to enhance the service we provide. If you'd like to share more about your experience with Atria Hacienda, please reach out to us at [removed].

So far they are doing very well.

So far they are doing very well.

simply the best

We chose Atria Hacienda after looking at several different places based on the fact that the staff was incredibly frienldy, responsive, communicated immediately every time (and we did talk a lot). They were by far the best place of all the ones we checked out. Unfortunately mom ended up not staying there as she passed away before we could get her in, but from the limited experience we had we would highly recommend Atria Hacienda.

Moving Mom to Atria was a great choice for her

Though moving Mom into memory care at Atria was traumatic, it has turned out to be the best possible place for her. She is busy with activities every day, and she gets to watch her beloved Classic movies in a comfortable in house movie theate. I spent a day with her recently attending her activities--chair exercises, current events, movie--and was highly impressed with the attention given to all of the residents. The staff are exceptional. They are kind, loving and funny. It brings joy to here Mom start laughing in the middle of a phone conversation because one of the staff is 'making faces at me.' Mom loves her 'apartment' now and is very proud, surrounded there with furniture, possessions and photographs from home.

Mom is doing so well at Atria Hacienda

Moving Mom to memory care was a very emotional experience given that she adamantly refused to go. We chose Atria because she had indicated if ever she had to go, that is where she wanted to go. We mede the decision that the time had come, told her and then moved her. The first few weeks were tough. There were lots of tears. But after that Mom adjusted and now loves her apartment (it is really a studio) at Atria, participates in the activities and is well loved by the staff. Recently I spent a day with Mom attending all of her activities with her and I came away feeling that we, her children, absolutely made the right decision, and that Atria Hacienda was the right place for her. The care givers are incredibly warm and loving, and I was told more than once, "We love your Mom." Recently Mom fell. She called me to tell me, and shortly afterwards one of the attendants, Maria, called me to tell me, as it the protocol. I had met Maria during my day at Atria and so it was like talking to a friend. Mom seems more relaxed and alert now that she is not alone in the house worrying that her kids are going to 'put me in an old folks home.' This is not the 'old folks home' that Mom feared. It is a warm environment, with caring attendants who keep Mom engaged and serve her food that she enjoys eating. My only regret is that we didn't move Mom sooner.

Everything about this place is absolutely wonderful

There wouldn't be one thing in particular I like about the place, because every area; the environment, the cleanliness, the staff, the activities, each one out does each other.

At other places, nothing really came up to the standard of this place. Every corner is safe. Every time you ask for something, there's a face that's smiling. They are really very, very capable, efficient, and well trained, in both care and hospitality.

Highly Impressed

Our interaction with the entire staff was extremely beneficial in our determination of this facility for my mother-in-law. Highly impressed with the amount of activities available and the obvious dedication demonstrated by the staff.

I am very happy with them.

I am very happy with them. The staff is friendly, they keep it clean. They have plenty of activities, the care services are great. I really don't have anything I would like to see done better or done.

Be involved or beware

Atria Hacienda is a lovely community. The staff is friendly and most try very hard. The managers are very busy, but very friendly.
There are issues here. They are issues that occur in most assisted living.
1) Do not assume that your family member is being taken care of if you drop them off and live your life. You must be involved on a daily basis to ensure safety and good choices.
2) the med techs make mistakes all the time. The managers are very defensive about it. They cannot respond to your concerns at times because they face legal issues.
3) If your loved one is not a "joiner" they can be isolated in their room watching TV. There are times when there are many "posted" activities that really just are promotion for the corporation. There are far fewer activities then one would be lead to believe.
4) as a person ages there are often gray areas when assisted living is not enough, but they do not need nursing care. You must orchestrate this yourself. The Atria can only do so much.
5) there are often gross blunders by an organization that should know how to do things. Example, calling someone who is alone who is known for having memory issues and then telling them that they have an appt. , or the many errors that occur when things are still done on paper that should be done electronically, like having the front desk text the med techs, or the kitchen staff with some important information.
6) The food is good, but how many people over 85 should be eating tacos, pizza, fried chicken, mac and cheese. etc. etc. There is no way to manage your loved one's diet at this Atria. If you do not actually go in and remove the pickle from the plate , or stop someone from eating the dessert because of the sugar, then there is no one there that can do it.

Overall Assisted living can be a wonderful life. BUT you must manage your family, and the staff yourself, or you will have no idea what really goes on behind the scenes. This is the case every where.
Don't drop your parent off her and expect them to be managed properly all the time. It is not the definition of what Atria can provide.

I wish I had found the Atria five years ago!

Though the length of my experience is only three months I could not possibly be happier with the total package. My loved one (sister with alzheimer disease) is treated with respect and caring. The food is wonderful and served in a dignified manner of a formal dining room. She is kept entertained or busy with different activities in a very social atmosphere. Her room is private and clean, though she has little time to spend there. I feel confident that she is in very responsible, caring hands. Atria is able to do so much more for her than I could imagine and it relieves me of all worry. She is very happy! That makes me very happy.

Excellent

Excellent

So far, good but not great

Mom has been living at Atria Hacienda for exactly one month now. As far as we know, Mom is getting fine care there. We have tasted the food and know that it is of good quality. Her room is lovely.
Our only complaint is that we have very poor communication with the staff. It has taken work to get a response. The system of communication with families is still a mystery.

Kate Vance

Thank you for providing feedback. While it sounds like you overall experience with our community has been good, I am concerned about the communication issue. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail to make sure your mother feels her concerns are being heard and addressed. Please feel free to email us directly at [removed] including Atria Hacienda in the subject line.

New Resident

Food is Excellent, employees are fantastic. Nothing wrong with the community inside or out. Everyone who works here has cheerful smiles and a cheerful attitude.

Five Star Community

They are extremely helpful, friendly, and make the community feel like home. My parents live here together. My mom is kind of shy, but they have started to draw out and do activities and she loves it. They put together dinners with other couples about once a month. They advertise that they have the highest percentage of couples, and they really do. I would recommend this for any couple looking for assisted living. My parents have a kitchenette in their room with a refrigerator, microwave, stove, sink. It was recently redone with granite counter top. Atria has a pool and barbecue outside, and a theater inside. My mother will eventually need more care, and Atria offers higher level of care on the same campus. It is not a locked down, but it is secure. They offer complementary transportation to doctor's visits and personal outings, such as going out to dinner.

This place is beautiful. I...

This place is beautiful. It has a lounge and a small movie theater. Several dining areas. Very nice. Well staffed!

I Would Live Here

You name it they've got it. They have crafts, bingo, movies, a swimming pool, a putting green, they go on trips. It's pretty well rounded. I'd like to live there to be honest.

The food is excellent and the thing that we noticed when we went on the tour is they know the residents names and they say hi by name. The only issue we had was a miscommunication between the level of care and that was resolved with in a week. There's no medicine cabinet and no drawers in the bathroom that's just the one weird thing but the rest of the facility is fantastic, I think.

The other nice thing about them is you can dine from 7:30 am to 7 or 8 at night. It's not a set meal time and they have something called The Grill and that's lunch and dinner with an established menu.

They have a movie theater that they show movies twice a day everyday. They have a bar which is pretty nice. The biggest challenge is finding your way around but once you get your pattern established you're fine. It's very elegant.

Good Food and Value, More Activities Would Be Good

My dad's got dementia and I think he kind of fell through the cracks at first but it seems like they've got everything going now. It's a very nice facility. It's really one of the nicest. They had the best restaurant and variety of food which is important at that age. They could have more activities thought, engaging everyone a little more. The value is good. I looked at some other ones that were more expensive but you didn't get much more for your dollar. My dad's room has a balcony which is nice.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I hope that your dad has continued to enjoy his time with our community. Our calendar includes more than 200 engaging events, activities, and adventures each month based on our residents’ interests. We always welcome suggestions from those who chose to live with us and their families as we arrange new activities, as our residents often choose to attend the ones they enjoy the most. If we can answer any questions, please contact our community directly at [removed] or via email at [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

The Atria Hacienda was number 1 on ou...

The Atria Hacienda was number 1 on our list. My parents moved in last Sunday and their boxes are arriving today! My parents are very happy with the choice, my dad raves about the food and about meeting nice people.

I've been to Atria Hacienda a couple of times getting my parents' rooms set-up and the staff were very hospitable to us - they found us accommodations and extended us every courtesy.

Excellent facility. Clean and invitin...

Excellent facility. Clean and inviting. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very impressed with everything.

Residents at Atria Hacienda assisted living community enjoy the Bistro Grill for casual dining, a dedicated theater with cinema-style seating, a custom-designed fitness center, a luxurious spa, and an enhanced Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood for residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our residents enjoy a full calendar of events and take advantage of the conveniently scheduled shuttle service for trips to nearby shopping, entertainment and appointments. Atria Hacienda is just 15 minutes east of Palm Springs, California, and offers breathtaking views of the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains.

License #336400075