The El Dorado - Richardson, TX

Lovely community! [name removed] was a gracious hostess and has a wealth of information. When we are ready to make this lifestyle change THIS is where I want to live.

Holiday Marketing

Thank you for visiting our community and sharing feedback with us! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time at The El Dorado. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

BAD FOOD

VALUE IS BAD IF YOU CANNOT EAT THE FOOD, THE FOOD IS TERRIBLE. CANNOT EAT IT MOST OF THE TIME.
ROOMS ARE GOOD BUT EXPENSIVE.
MANAGEMENT IS NICE.
GROUNDS ARE NICE BUT NEED PRIVACY FENCE ON SIDES OF BUILDINGS,.

Holiday Marketing

Hi Lola, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us but appreciate the feedback you have provided. We have shared your review with our management team who will look into ways we can improve. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Have a great day!

Very nice, clean, great atmosphere and friendly staff. Unfortunately they do not have a room on the first floor. My mom does not like heights. [name removed] was great and informative. We appreciate her taking the time in giving us a tour.

This facility is one of many places that the company owns. I liked this facility because it has the exact same layout as the other places. All of the staff members have a really high community involvement and gets all of the residents engaged in activities. They have things like bingo, karaoke, painting, arts/crafts, and a full calendar of things to do. The only thing that I do not like is that it just seems to be a little darker than their other communities. It just didn’t seem as optimistic.

A nice visit

This is a nice looking community. The people I met here were friendly. This community did not offer the type of security I was looking for.

Tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. We liked the staff who seems to be very helpful. We were not happy with the community due to changes were needed on the cleanliness. The menu seemed somewhat appealing. We would recommend that they make changes for residents to be able to enjoy the care from this community.

Very Impressed on how nice it is.

My stepmother is having a bit of a hard time making the transition to The El Dorado, but she says that it is because of seeing so many other residents in wheel chairs and on walkers. She does like her apt in the Independent living section and she does still drive herself everywhere. The El Dorado does offer transportation to those residents who need it to doctor appointments, grocery shopping and other outside events.
All the staff are really friendly, caring and they do encourage the residents to partisipate in all the great activities they offer. My stepmother does like to join in on the activies. They even send e-mails to the families inviting them to come and join in the fun too. They have all kinds of Special Events such as music, movies, and special guest speakers.
The dining room is very nice and my stepmother eats all her meals in the dining room and the food is very well done and she enjoys the company of the other residents.
I am kept well informed of my stepmother's progress by phone, e-mail and when I visit.
I Would difinetly recommed The El Dorado to my friends and family.

Staff was wonderful

When we toured this community we really liked what we saw. The community was clean and well maintained. However, it appeared to be a little too much of an open floor plan. There were too many doors to hallways and to the outside which I felt may be a little overwhelming and confusing for my dad. The staff was helpful and very nice. I would recommend them.

So Far A Fine Experience

I'am doing pretty well since my move to this community. Everything is working out well. So far it has been a fine experience for me with my move to this community. I do feel comfortable in this community, and I would recommend it. It is a nice community.

One big family!

The El Dorado is absolutely wonderful! The staff are very good with catering to my sister's needs and requests. If anything, they could do a little better at encouraging my sister to participate in activities. Other than this, the facility is wonderful. It's just like one big family!

It feels like home

The caregivers at this community are very nice and accommodating. My loved one is getting great care. This is a smaller community and everyone knows each other. They have a home health agency on site. My loved one is starting to participate in some of the daily activities. They love the food and the community is clean. The community is nicely landscaped and each of the rooms has a patio or balcony. I would recommend this community.

Not my top choice!

The El Dorado is a sister company of The Bentley. When I toured the people seem to be just sitting around and they did not have any activities. I got a very negative feeling about the pet stations, I couldn't find them anywhere. The tour guide never had a straight answer for where the pet waste went. Their selling point was free toilet paper.

Mostly great.

Staff very accommodating - as they say - user friendly.

Couldn't be Happier with This Community

We couldn't be happier with my grandmothers move to this community. She is doing very well, and everything is working out great. I'am very pleased with all they have done for my family. The staff I have met have been kind, and friendly. She has not had any problems with the staff. She says they come and clean her apartment once a week for her. This is a community I would one hundred percent recommend. It is working out very well for my family.

They Go The Extra Mile

I heard from my patient that he loved this community and could not say enough good things so I moved my mom in. It is the next best thing than being in my home. My mom bonded with 4 other residents who are Catholic also and they have communion, service, and prayer. The first time I went with her, mom was crying because the service was beautiful. The community is looks and smells clean. My mom is also able to smoke in her patio which is nice. I recently got a call from the activities director asking what are my moms likes to get her involved. They have all kinds of stuff for the residents. I like that the staff are very nice and go out of their way to accommodate and keep an eye out with out paying extra. You can tell they like what they do,. However, my mom is getting use to new meals that are served to her. She get a 3 course meal with fine dining experience like soup or salads with bread before entree.

Variety Of Activities!!

The staff at The El Dorado have been wonderful. They put in 100 percent in everything they do. The food there is great, in good portions and nutritious. The room my parents are in is comfortable, nice kitchen and bathroom. The community offers a mixture of activities for when my parents are ready to participate. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a comfortable place.

A wonderful place to call home.

We are very happy with the excellent care from this community. The staff is very helpful in everyway to make sure that her needs are taken care of. The activities are offered to her to help stay active. The meals are wonderful and a great variety to choose from. Anyone who is seeking excellent care would be happy here.

My Tour

the community itself looks nice. I met with one of the managers and they showed me a room. I think the kitchen area is too small and has only a small fridge with small counter space. The meals are also served at specific times for about an hour. I just was not satisfied with the apartment size.

Great place but needs a front desk

My mom really likes living @ The Eldorado, their staff is very friendly, its very clean, yard is very well-maintained. The only thing I would change is that they do not have a front desk so anyone can walk in & walk direct to a resident's door without anyone stopping them. Supposedly after 9pm the front door is locked HOWEVER of all the ILFs we looked it (or my mom has lived in which is one in another city) there was always a front desk which visitors were greeted and MOST importantly, where residents had a place to ask questions. The flip side is that the management office is open and attended much of the daytime hours that I've been there which is alot. the managers also are visible @ mealtimes which is nice. my mom really appreciates coffee being accessible 24-hours a day and she says it's good coffee. the facility is very bright and cheerful although I'd love to see them update the very traditional art & furnishings.

Review of The El Dorado - Richardson, TX

Really liked this one. Very clean, all the residents were involved, chatting, quite a lively place. Food was very good, executive chef has been there a couple years. Management very friendly. I think we have found the place!

Tour Was Nice, But The Community Had A Foul Smell

This is a nice community, but the only thing I did not like about it was the smell. As soon as I walked through the door I got the smell of dirty diapers. Other then the smell it was a nice tour. The staff was very nice and friendly. There are nice activities offered. If they fix the smell, I would recommend this community for a tour.

Looking good so far....

I chose The El Dorado for my dad because of the staff and the residents. When I was searching, I noticed how loud and happy everyone seemed. Loud means people are talking to each other and involved.
My father has only been at El Dorado for a couple days, but he settled in quickly and seems to be very happy. The staff are incredibly friendly and very involved with the residents. The food is quite good (I have personally eaten lunch there at least 4 times) The residents have been very welcoming and gone out of their way to include him in activities. I think he is going to be very happy.
I can't say much for the care services because he doesn't need them right now, but I know there are people there for physical therapy and such.

Mom Loves It

My mother absolutely loves this community and I am very pleased. This is a great community and everything looks great. The staff is wonderful and very kind. She is going all out trying all the activities and meeting new people. Her only issue has been with the food. She was getting lonely at home and I am happy she is with peers of her age that she can connect with. I would recommend this community.

Excellent happy place

Very attentive, caring and fun staff. Lots of activities including live music. The place is bright and has an open feeling.

Review of The El Dorado - Richardson, TX

Residents were amazingly friendly which means they are happy. My Dad loved the food (they invited us for lunch). The staff was great and made my Dad feel very comfortable during the tour. Robust activities and social functions to keep them busy and entertained.

Talked with Eddie. He was very helpful in describing the aminities and the different stages of living quarters. Also talked with some of the residents. They were very positive in their remarks. I felt that it was a very nice residence.

food service at El Dorado is not consistent

The food service at El Dorado is not consistent. The elderly don't have much to look forward to and I think this needs improvement as my dad really enjoys food. They will say they are offering a certain item on the menu and then it is not available. The quality is also not good. Everything else here has been wonderful. The staff is very friendly. The house cleaning has been good. It is an older facility but overall everything has been clean and nice. Overall it has been a great experience I just would love to see the food service change.

A Great Place

I think they have accommodated my loved one fantastically well. They have been doing activities from the start and it feels like a community. The managers are absolutely amazing, trying to do everything to make the transition a good one. It is a great place.

Now a much nicer place

This is a great place to live. It is a little older and dated than some of the other places but it is the staff that makes a place great. This place has a great and caring staff.

We all lived through bad and good times. And this place was great and very good for the first two years, then a very poor senior management team took over to start a couple of bad years. Now more than ever since the previous senior live-in managers have moved on it is back to a much nicer place to live. The old team were not very friendly (in fact hostile at times towards staff, residents, and family members). They seemed to browbeat all the staff, and appeared to divert money from quality of the food, activities, etc. I do not know where the money was going but it was no longer being spent on the facility, improvements, staff, quality food, or for the good of the residents. This man and woman ran off some of the best staff two activity director, two other husband and wife management teams, two marketing managers, and a lot of other good help. I think the staff and residents are all singing the Wizard of Oz tune that starts “ding, dong the …” just added words to include the male also … And the sad part is that the Holiday Retirement company management did not seem to care about or respond to any of the complaints that were made by staff, residents or family members

The new senior management team is much nicer and seems to be more competent. The staff is now much more interactive and seem to once again to enjoy their jobs. The food seems to be improving and the activities once again more diverse

So far it's been pretty good

So far it's been pretty good, but it hasn't been very long yet. The billing has gone pretty smoothly. I haven't heard any complaints about food so far. The people have been pretty friendly and communicative. They were also a little less expensive than some of the other places.

A Big Surprise

The El Dorado could not be a better place for me. Its amenities go on and on, and the combination of good food and good people ismore than I ever though

Managers are especially wonderful to all, even those hard crusted individuals who might rather be somewhere else.

John Erickson

The staff has been amazing to work with.

So far the staff has been amazing to work with. They have been absolutely lovely. My father really likes the food. Everybody is very friendly and welcoming. The facility is always very clean. The cleanliness is excellent. So far everything has been going well. The El Dorado is a really nice place. I would recommend it. I can't rate the care services because we haven't used those. It is not applicable.

we found our place at the El Darado

Beautiful clean bright good smelling happy well run knowledgeable staff terrific food exciting and new place for mom to make her home

Very Happy

My grandmother is very happy here at The El Dorado. They have all welcomed her. It is very clean and well kept. The staff is excellent. Overall, The El Dorado is a nice community. 5 stars.

Wonderful Retirement Home

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the staff, and how thankful I am that they made my mom feel at home. The fact that having this life changing moment be so much better than I thought it would be, is because of the people around the El Dorado!!!!

Wonderful

It has been wonderful for my loved one who lives here. I would recommend The El Dorado to anyone who is searching for a very clean and friendly assisted living facility. I can't rate the value, care services, or activities because I don't live there. I just go to visit my loved one who lives here. Overall, This is a good community and I am glad that my loved one is happy here. I enjoy visiting him.

Five Stars

Overall a great place. I wouldnt have chosen another facility. Its a at home feeling as soon as you walk in and the rooms are really big. The staff are nice and taking really good care of the elderly. They have some activities and also have a pool table which is cool.

The layout was great, and I felt very comfortable with the people.

We really loved this community as it is in the perfect location. I live in Richardson and the community is on the way home from my work. The layout was great, and I felt very comfortable with the people.

fabulous

The whole experience while moving in was fabulous. I really love the place, but more importantly my dad really loves it. He was a little hesitant at first, but once he got in there, now he just loves it and the fact that he is so happy is the whole reason why we're doing this. I really like the home-like feel that this place has. It is very open, and you feel like you're just down the hallway of someones house.

I like it, they do a pretty good job.

I like it, they do a pretty good job. There are a few issues, but nothing really specific, that needs to be addressed. They are very nice people, and it's kept clean. The food is very good. Overall not a bad place.

Friendliest folks

We checked four different places in the Richardson/Garland area. This wasn't the cheapest but it was the nicest as far as facilities go (guess you get what you pay for). But what sold us was the friendliness of not only the staff but the residents we met. At some of the places the residents just sat around in chairs but here they came up to us to engage my mom. I think this will make her adjustment easier. The dining room was convenient and bright and cheery and the meal we had there was actually pretty good. They don't have an assisted living section but there are home health aides on site that you can pay extra for. It has been less than a month now but we feel we made the right decision.

Sunny, bright. Did not lik...

Sunny, bright. Did not like large air conditioner placement. Like the aging in place and tailored assistance opportunities. Excellent facility layout and like that managers live on premises. Heard from nurse who runs contracted care and very impressed with custom tailoring of needs and fact that it is managed by nurse.... Also very cost effective.

This is Independent care only.

This is Independent care only.

Not happy with the change in management

I wasn't too happy with things at El Dorado, they got a different management staff and they weren't as warm and friendly as the previous staff. I didn't feel like it was the same service or the same compassion as it had been, plus I wanted to move my dad closer to me but he isn't totally happy with where he is now and says he wants to move back.

No kitchen and long......ha...

No kitchen and long......hall Very nice and lots of light.

This is a wonderful place

I will be here three weeks tomorrow. It has been much better than I expected. This is my first time in a facility such as this. I have made many friends. They furnish three meals a day and the food is good. They clean my apartment once a week, take me to doctor appointment, and have many activities. They also take you on short shopping trips such as WalMart, Target, Hobby Lobby and simular stores. A laundry room is close by at no charge.
There is a beauty shop inside the facility and she is good.
I was invited to lunch and to tour the facility. I had no intentions of signing up that day. I was so satisfied that by the end of the day, I didn't see any need to look any further.
I signed a contract that day and am very satisfied with my decision.

So far so good!

It's going good there, she loves it there, she's a little ill right now but she loves it and is having a good time. They really don't give care there, they clean their rooms, give them meals... stuff like that but everything is really going good!

Some Communication Issues

I was the power of attorney for someone who went in there. She was only there for 11 days becuase she fell and had to go to assisted living. El Dorado is independent living so there is no care except the food which is good.

I will say that I received a statement from their headquarters which was totally different from what the management team here quoted me. So the headquarters and the local people were not together on that. I emailed them and I have not heard back at all.

all inclusive, 3 meals a day, 24/7 on...

all inclusive, 3 meals a day, 24/7 on site 3 people, house keeping once a week.

a Holiday company

a Holiday company

People nice, apartment okay, no kitch...

People nice, apartment okay, no kitchen - food wasn't very good.

I love the fact that they have manage...

I love the fact that they have managers in residence. The tour guide was very friendly and informative and I liked the community and the apartments we looked at. The VA Rep was very helpful.

Situated within Richardson, a peaceful suburb just north of Dallas, you’ll love the quiet, graceful elegance of our facilities and the convenience of being so close to the amenities of the city. We’re just minutes away from shopping, world-class healthcare, dining and entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind