Nice, well maintained, friendly staff and residents. Lovely landscaping and mature trees. However, a bit spread out. Lack of covered walkways to get around the property for meals or activities could be an issue when the weather leans to either extreme. But mom loves the plentiful closets in the floor plan she liked best.

This is not for us. You have to walk outside to reach the meals and events. Entrances are outside. Apartment Living - not senior living.

Feels more like home rather than “a home.” The staff and people we spoke with were all very friendly. The apartments are very nice and exceptionally well cared for for their age. Haven’t decided yet if I’m pleased or displeased with the “pay per meal” system they have... but I think it might be a pro rather than a con.

Nice, well maintained, friendly staff and residents. However, a bit spread out for our current needs. Lack of covered walkways to get around the property for meals or activities could be an issue when the weather leans to either extreme.

My experience

The furnishings in the rooms seemed outdated. The rooms were smaller than at the community we chose. The community did not seem as well cared for as other communities in the area. The grounds were nice and the staff were friendly.

Toured an Independent Community

I thought it was nice and I liked it but I thought it was too independent for my parents. It looks like a regular apartment and more for independent seniors.

Too active!

Preston Place I was not very impressed with it, it seemed like a younger crowd to me and there were children there, it was not what I was looking for. Most of the people who lived there still worked.

We really liked Preston Place! Beautiful grounds and well maintained facility. Staff and residents were all very friendly and helpful. We reserved a large 2 BR apt that should accommodate all our needs. Location is great for us to be near family as well as shopping and cultural activities.

Good care and comfort

The community is outstanding. The staff ae very nice. The community is clean and always taken here. They have alot of great activites that she is enjoying with the other residents. We feel good knowing that she is in good care and we recommend this community to other families. The meals are very good with a nice variety.

Very satisfied!

I moved here recently. I couldn't ask for a better place!I'm very happy here and it's very nice. I like the staff and the food they offer. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Affordable as you only pay for the options you need. Apartment size much larger than most facilities.

David - New Tenant

Welcoming and friendly. Great staff and other tenants eager to include you.

Looks very promising. I am only interested in independent living, if there is a smooth transition to memory care under the same facility. Toward the end of July, I will schedule a day for touring 2-3 facilities.

We toured here, we liked it and thought it might be a good fit.

We toured here, we liked it and thought it might be a good fit. We did end up finding something that was a better fit, a little more laid back, but this was a nice place.

Preston Place is very special

My experience with Preston Place has been amazing. All of the employees of Preston Place are gracious and helpful. It is a unique environment, that allows independence while providing needed services of transportation, social activities, and meals when your loved one would like them ( rather then been committed to a meal package). I have not found another such place. I tried the food and it is amazing. I look forward to seeing my parent settle in completely and get to know the other residents.

five stars all around

I give five stars all around on Preston Place. I just don't think you can beat this place. I am very satisfied with the facility. Everything here is just real good!

Best Decision I have made

I could not have asked for more compassionate and helpful people than at Preston Place. Moving my parents who are in their mid-eighties was going to be tramadic enough since they were coming from another state and from a 3 bedroom house to a 650 sq ft. apartment. However, everyone at Preston Place has made them feel at home and have been so helpful in their transition.

Nice place. May not provide the extra care mom may need.

liked the more independent living. nice community, nice apartments/patio, only negative is not 24 hr. staff on site - plan to tour with mom next week.

I had a good visit with the...

I had a good visit with the Shelle Stebleton at Preston Place. The facility was big and had a different look about it. I saw some things I liked but I felt I liked McDermott Crossing better.

Mom's new home!

My mom moved into Preston Place almost 18 months ago.
She is very happy and stays very active!
The staff is always available to answer questions and give her the support she needs. As her daughter, I can't imagine a better place for my mom. I feel confident that the staff looks out for her and has her best interest at heart.
The activities are outstanding and very diverse. Mom always is eager to sign up for bingo, entertainment at the Veranda and line dancing with Jill is one of mom's favorite activities!
My mom does cook for herself and although she doesn't eat at the Veranda, the cooks provide wonderful snacks and treats for the different events held there!
We are concerned about the cost and we hope that mom will be able to live as long as she's able in her beautiful apartment! Mom is a young almost 85 and lives independently!
We love Preston Place!

Nice place, overall

In general things have gone pretty well with Preston Place so far. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. I really liked that it doesn't really feel like a "retirement home", it doesn't have that antiseptic feel to it. We have had a few snags however, mostly involving setting up things like the cable service and the call button necklace service.

I wish I could live there myself.

My 84 year old father has lived at Preston Place for a year now, and has told me several times how glad he is to be there. He likes the individual apartments, and lovely grounds, which are always well maintained. Since he's always been active and independent he really likes not living in a building where everything opens to an inside hallway, as many retirement communities do. Preston Place is located in an upscale and active part of Plano, with plenty of close shopping, pharmacies, and grocery stores. The various apartment options, from efficiency to two bedroom, with choices of more or fewer luxury trimmings gives flexibility in pricing options, as does being able to select different options for meal plans. The staff is the best part of the wonderful place. They are always upbeat, friendly, know the answer to every question, and obviously care about every resident.

My loved one doesn’t use all the thin...

My loved one doesn’t use all the things offered by this community, so it’s a little hard to rate it. The staff is exceptionally friendly. I think it’s the best in the category of independent living with security in the Dallas area. I have been researching for this for about two years.

Preston Place is great for the active Senior.

It has only been a month since my Mom has moved from NYC to Preston Place and I am so happy to see how the community (residents and staff) have welcomed her. We are so happy with her apartment and the help we received to get her settled in. She has already volunteered to help in certain areas; has participated in various activities; has been invited to church and other activities in the neighborhood by her new friends. She did not keep her car yet is very happy with the transportation Preston Place provides to make doctor appointments and do some shopping. My brother and I feel very confident our mother will enjoy her time at Preston and we enjoy visiting her and meeting her neighbors.

Nice place, overall

Things seem to be going well so far. It's a more independent community than some that we looked at. The facility itself is very nice, and the staff are all friendly and accommodating. They've got a welcoming committee to help residents settle in, which is nice.
I do wish they had a more extensive meal service, one that had 3 meals a day available in the dining room.

Preston Place

Shelle provided a comprehensive tour and insured all of our questions were answered. She was caring, patient and provided helpful tools in assisting us with moving and "rightsizing" our parents belongings.

Our parents have lived at Preston Place for approximately 2 months and they love their experience. They have quickly acclimated to their new home, love the dining and quality of food and greatly enjoy all of the activities that are provided.

Shelle has e-mailed us with periodic updates and pictures of our parents during different parties and activities.

Preston Place has truly exceeded our expectations.

Like very much. Meats dad's...

Like very much. Meats dad's needs and wants. Very family friendly. Family is very important.

Wonderful, active community

The people are friendly, the staff is friendly, they'll do anything to help you and its a really nice place. We're getting a good value too, I looked around quite a bit because I'm still cooking and wanted to find a place where you didn't have to buy your food and they do put out a menu for two weeks so you can let them know if you want to order lunch. They have low impact chair aerobics, water aerobics and they have lots of programs; like on friday they're having a party for the Great Gatsby and they always have people coming through and giving an hour program. There's lots going on if you want to get involved. The apartments are a good size too, all the doorways are for wheelchairs if you needed them and we have a front porch where we can sit out and watch the people go by. It's a nice size and people are wonderful, they really are.

Wonderful facility. Not sure if this ...

Wonderful facility. Not sure if this is what I am looking for. Lots of activities. I think this is for a younger more active senior. Loved the units and facility.

This is currently one of our two pref...

This is currently one of our two preferences.

The impression we got from Preston Pl...

The impression we got from Preston Place is that it is a well established stable community. Landscaped with very mature trees it gives the impression of living in a forest with lots of nature. Of the 4 places we toured in the last two days, in the one bedroom model, it appeared to have the most spacious LAYOUT, and definitely had the most storage/closet space, including storage out on the patio. The unit we are currently planning on moving on had recently upgraded the kitchen to cherry cabinets and beautiful granite countertops. They are in the process of upgrading all units and are approximately 10% done with that project. They are currently in the process of relandscaping the pool area to add in a large gas barbeque as well.

I went here and really liked it. like...

I went here and really liked it. liked kitchen, people.

My mother and I looked here two years...

My mother and I looked here two years ago. It is lovely and she really liked it except that the walk to go anywhere was not covered and she would need to walk too far to go to the main area.

Friendly, beautiful apts & lunch very...

Friendly, beautiful apts & lunch very good.

Activities & transportation

Activities & transportation

Preston Place is located in the esteemed Willow Bend area of Plano. It sits on twelve beautifully landscaped acres in an established single-family neighborhood. It is called home by a very diverse group of seniors. People from all across the country have chosen to live in the Texas Retirement Community. This has created opportunities for our residents to form some warm and lasting friendships. There is a sense of belonging here. We offer all of the comforts of home without the hassles of home ownership. Preston Place boasts of having a preeminent chef who prepares the most glorious meals. The residents enjoy a social schedule ranging from the Plano Symphony to an afternoon of cards and dominoes. We here at Preston Place strive to do more than “merely meet your needs”… we strive to create a sense of community in a country club setting! Give us a call…come for a lunch tour…experience first hand the Superb ness of living at Preston Place Retirement Community.