The Devon Senior Living - Devon, PA

Think twice about selecting this facility . .

This facility is ideal for healthy seniors . They get good reviews for the social environment . But for my parent who's health and abilities declined rapidly I would not recommend it for anyone in their mid eighties and older especially with any type of condition mental or physical . They have good salespeople but have misrepresented their facility . Its a large facility so conducive to a person slipping through the cracks . The section on the main floor for the more disabled is best for older people if you do need to place someone at this facility .

Five Star Reviews

Dear Becky -- As the Executive Director of The Devon Senior Living, I assure you it is always our intent to meet the individual need of each and every one of our residents, family members and guests. I apologize that this was not your experience. We take pride in the quality care and personalized services that allow our residents to age in place and are happy to call The Devon Senior Living home. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your specific circumstances and what resources we can make available to you and your loved one.

Needs Improvement With This Cleanliness

We were not impressed with our tour of this community. The staff was very kind, and friendly to my family, and I. However the cleanliness of the community was not good. They could use some improvement went the cleanliness around the facility. We not had felt comfortable with my mother in law living in this community.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and would like to thank you sharing your thoughts with us. I am pleased that you had positive interactions with our team members during your tour. Our goal is to provide a warm and inviting residence, and I was sorry to read your impressions of the cleanliness of our community. Our standards dictate a much greater sense of pride in our home than you describe, and I will be sure to discuss this with my housekeeping supervisor to make sure we are living up to our standards.

Everything Is Going Well

Everything is working out very well for my mother at this community. She has adjusted very well to it and we are very pleased. The community is pretty well-kept. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. They are very accommodating and attentive as well. She is trying some new activities, she has many to choose from. She likes the food, and I've tired it and the meals are very nice. They are caring for her very well and I recommend it.

Some Improvements Needed

The Devon Senior Living could improve on their communication a little bit. Just the one-to-one care could be a little better as well. Overall though, it is a good facility to be at, I rate it pretty highly.

We are ecstatic.

It's absolutely perfect compared to where she was. We are ecstatic. The people are nice the place is clean. They take her outside, and she is showered, and hair combed. Things are so much better. They were willing to work with me, and were great about getting her up and back to life. I didn't think we could afford it but we could, and the people are all so nice. Jules is so nice and wonderful.

Friendly, attentive staff

They do a fantastic job at The Devon. The level of attention, genuineness, and sincerity that they've showed my loved one have really impressed me. They've really gone out of their way to make sure that she stays active and involved. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they've got all sort of amenities to provide for the residents.

So far so good at The Devon Senior Living

My mom has only been at The Devon Senior Living a short time. However, so far I am very happy with her care, the friendliness of the staff and of the other residents.

Seemed like a nice enough place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought this seemed like a nice enough place. My loved one can be quite a handful but the staff here seemed experienced and professional, I'm sure he would have been safe here. The facility itself was clean and well kept, but it just didn't feel cheery on the inside.

This was a nice community a...

This was a nice community and a very private location. A community more in the center of activity is preferred.

We loved them, every single piece was great.

We loved them, every single piece was great. They hung the pictures, everything we needed. They are very responsive, and keep everything clean. Even out of state the communication is good with the family. The size of their apartment is enormous and the service is really wonderful. They are really, really good. They make everyone feel really, really special.

I’m there pretty much every day.

Some days on the food is a four and some days it’s a 2. I’m there pretty much every day. There is an outside area for residents. The staff is very friendly and I don’t have any complaints about their service. The community is a good value for the money.

Frustrating experience for family...

My Mother was a resident three and a half years. The facility and room were very satisfactory. Attention to maintaining a constant care schedule - bathing, supervision of staff and communication between the facility doctor requires consistent monitoring by the family. Overall the facility lacks supervision. There is only ONE doctor which services the facility and the doctor will not communicate directly with the family. A Sunday visit can frustrate the family when your Mom's care is not being taken care of consistently.

Communication

This is a nice looking facility, and the care staff have been friendly. Everyone is willing to listen to my concerns

Dissatisfied

We only lasted 2 days at Devon Senior Living before the RN there had my mother sent to the hospital and turned out from the facility. So far my sister has sent two emails to the executive director asking for an accounting of why our mother was evicted and when we will be seeing a refund. Tomorrow will be a week and we still have not had a response from the facility. Our next move will be to contact the Better Business Bureau.

Jules at Devon Senior Livin...

Jules at Devon Senior Living is a gem. This is the first facility we toured and we had no idea what to expect let alone what questions to ask. Jules gave us two hours of her time allowing us to ask questions, tour the facility, explore the activities there as well as provide a history of the building. Upon entering the building we felt a warmth radiating from the residents that we did not experience at any other facility we toured. I didn't know what to expect once we arrived but I had thought I might be disappointed in the facility due to the age of the establishment. It was quite the opposite however. The new parts of the building have been integrated into the old in such a way as to make the entire facility feel like a home. The Memory Care facility is like no other. Much thought has gone into the care and treatment of the residents. The rooms are a good size and I was actually impressed that no room in the Memory Ward has a shower located within. I felt this to be a very secure feature as we are constantly afraid of Mom falling and hurting herself in the bath. We loved the common areas with their beautiful views and open spacious comfort. The facility is clean, secure, happy, and nurturing. We are hoping to place Mom in this facility as we have no qualms about this facility being the right place for Mom and we can be at peace with the daunting decision to have to place her in an Assisted Living Facility.

Very warm and friendly. Would highly ...

Very warm and friendly. Would highly recommend. Older facility which adds to warmth

They had the best price, the best unit size, and the staff was great.

The food is good, she hasn't complained about the food. I looked at about eight of the communities, they had the best price, the best unit size, and the staff was great. Jules is the incoming sales person, she was great I couldn't ask for anybody to have treated me or my mother any better than that. She was professional and handled herself real well.

Devon Sr Living Review

It's hard to find a place for a loved one, even worse when you have limited time to do it. Our mom had worsening dementia. The staff was excellent to ease our minds and make the entry process as easy as possible. They were very understanding and were willing to work with the family that had extenuating circumstances. Our mom was there a few months. The rooms are spacious in the general assisted living area. The fees were better here than most other assisted living places. Reasonable. The building is old, but kept clean. They could update the décor, but I am sure rates would increase then.
I was mostly impressed with the loving staff that I felt treated my mom as well as their own mom given similar circumstances. From the house keeping crew to the LPN's, all were very attentive, caring, and nice people. The activities team were innovative, and they had a theme displayed all the time to make it fun. I would recommend if you are looking and have a budget you should give DSL a look. Consider the care and attention your loved one needs, and sometimes you don't know and it's a guess or trial and error. Drop in unexpectedly to see how things are. None of these places are perfect, but you want to feel good about your decision and that your loved one is safe and well cared for.

Mom has only been there a few days. S...

Mom has only been there a few days. So far the staff has been very helpful in fininshing up any loose ends as well as making sure she has some help getting to know the facility and the activities.

Had a number of very good r...

Had a number of very good references from people who had friends parents stay there. Price is affordable for us. Building has some issues being older. 3 3/4 stars due to older building

I enjoyed the tour. Jules ...

I enjoyed the tour. Jules is an excellent PR representative. I like the memory care community and especially the director.

Good Community

The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. They could offer a bigger variety of activities for the residents but overall it is a pretty good community that we are happy with.

Did not like this facility ...

Did not like this facility - too spread out over multiple floors.. small hallways.. very small rooms. Did not see any/many residents in the common areas. Dark - no real flow to it.

Catholic priest comes in to say mass;...

Catholic priest comes in to say mass; 1 bedroom and suite apts available; $4400 per month for 1 bedroom and $4000 per month for suite; self-service laundry on each floor; price includes meals and cable but not telephone. Respite care is not limited to 90 days.

church on grounds. mass 11 and rosary...

church on grounds. mass 11 and rosary 2x a wk. painting classes and pottery classes.

The Devon Senior Living is a beautiful wooded estate conveniently located along the Main Line. Just minutes from Valley Forge Park and local shops, The Devon Senior Living offers quality care right in the heart of your local community. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the shaded walking trails winding throughout the community or chat with friends while enjoying an ice cream sundae in our ice cream parlor. Many of our residents enjoy onsite religious services hosted right in our very own historic chapel. We offer a variety of suites to suit your preferences and your price range, including special accommodations and activities for persons with dementia. Many of our residents enjoy the convenience of our onsite rehabilitation center just steps from their own room. Besides serving three delicious meals daily and hosting a variety of social, educational and cultural programs, we offer the comforts of home and the hospitality you would expect at an elegant country inn. Come find out why so many people call The Devon Senior Living home.