The Quadrangle - Haverford, PA

My father was in the health care building getting rehab after orthopaedic surgery. Therapy was fair but the nursing care was sub par. Nurses arguing with each other in the hall, administrators eating & joking while staff runs around answering call bells. I’m an ER nurse myself & I recognize unhappy nurses when I see them. Sorry to say this place should be a HARD NO for everyone.

Decent Facility

Overall pleased with the service and care my mom gets here. No major complaints.
Friendly and attentive staff-well kept.
Restaurants at the grill and formal dining room are very nice.

Good experience

My father and step mother moved into the Quadrangle in December [date removed]. Tragically my father passed away seven months later. In his brief experience, he was generally pleased with the Quadrangle. My step mother remained there living independently until last year, when she relocated into assisted living. On the whole, she has been satisfied. I enjoy coming to visit, and the place is visitor friendly. With few exceptions, I have found the staff to have been helpful and very competent. Just one suggestion, I think there should be a larger (and cheaper :-)) place for guests to stay overnight. Every time I have tried to make a reservation at the Quadrangle Bed and Breakfast it is booked up. The Quadrangle is a quality place.

A Good Place to Live

My husband spent a year in the Assisted Living facility of the Quadrangle while I was still in the Independent facility. He received the best of care while he was there. His aides were extremely caring and always helpful. Everyone knew him as an individual even the servers in the dining room. I would highly recommend the place to anyone who needs extended care.

Say no to the Quadrangle

Not happy with much of the care given to my family member. Look elsewhere. Don’t let the fancy buildings and affluent location fool you. Choosing a place to look after your loved one is an important decision. Do research and read reviews. I wish I had.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Afternoon. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff and would like to learn more about your experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can connect. –The Sunrise Team

Avoid Quadrangle if need rehab or assistance

My relative had been here for several years. When they did not need services it was not bad - when they became older and needed services they have been horrible - uncaring, no empathy and basically telling residents they are old and shouldn't try to remain independent - probably because it makes them more money. If you expect to need services do NOT go here!

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Hospital Setting

We had a decent tour of this community, but it was not the right fit for my mother in law, and her needs. The atmosphere in the community was like a hospital. I didn't think the staff was friendly. I did find another community that suited our needs better overall.

We Are Comfortable With the Community

Everything is well so far for my aunt. We're comfortable with where she is and she is doing good. It is close to me and that helps when visiting.

Grayces experience

Very pleased with the care that my Mother received . Staff was very friendly and accomadating. They kept me up on her progress and helped me plan to bring her home

My family member arrived at The Quadrangle in 2008...It was a good facility at the time...many good nurses and caregivers!! Loved them all...
However, over the years it went progressively downhill.
It was once a place that felt like home for my mother until many of the excellent nurses/caregivers were replaced with corporate types that had no understanding of patient care..only THE BOTTOM LINE...It was very apparent because the residents were not treated like family anymore and the staff was constantly complaining about how they hated to be there...The patient call bell was mostly ignored by caregivers or the system was down....Very unacceptable!!
There were still a small amount of caring staff when I decided to move my mother that I miss...However, the bad far outweighed the good..
The many times we spoke to the director we received a smile and lip service... the director has no idea about human contact and aging. I actually think she was promoted. Too bad for the residents.
This is a shame because this place could be a wonderful facility if not for the management.
I agree with another review...Don't let the landscaping and smiles trick you..

Worst care ever!!

Our mother was there after surgery on her elbow. HORRIBLE, negligent care, BRUTAL PT, that violated MD orders. Negligent meds administration... the list goes on. NEVER EVER let a family member be admitted here!! The address and landscaping may fool you, but AVOID THIS FACILITY!!

Sunrise Senior Living

need to be a little more attentive for newcomers

My husband has not been there very long. I think they could improve when people first arrive and move in there they could be more attentive to them.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

The Staff is Phenomenal

I think the people there are absolutely the plus of the place. Everyone you talk to is more than willing to help and answer questions. I have found the staff to be quite gracious and my loved one likes them and enjoys. The staff is definitely what makes the place.

Friendly, dedicated staff

Things have gone well so far at The Quadrangle! The staff have all been very friendly and helpful, and even the administrative staff know all of the residents by name! They're very responsive to requests as well, they always send a maintenance person right over if you let them know about an issue you're having. The staff are very dedicated to making sure that the residents are well taken care of! As an example, the dining room had to be shut down briefly due to a flu outbreak, and so they hand-delivered meals to each residents room until things were up and running again!

Nice place, would prefer a more accommodating pharmacy setup

For the most part things have gone well with The Quadrangle. It is a nice looking place, and the staff seem friendly. However, their business and operating practices seem to push you towards using their doctor and pharmacy services, it would be nice if they were more accommodating to residents who have other medical services.

Going well so far!

Things have gone very well with The Quadrangle so far! It's a very pretty, clean, well kept community, and both the staff and the residents are incredibly friendly! They have a program where current residents will act as ambassadors to show new people around and eat with them until they get settled in, which I thought was very nice.
The only difficulties we've had have been due to some construction they are doing. The phones were down for a few days, which was inconvenient, and the pool has been closed during the construction.

Liked what I saw, but still...

Liked what I saw, but still can't erase from my mind the financial situation of earlier times.

Quadrangle

the place is incredible friendly and bright and cheerful. Very happy with all the staff. It is a bit confusing trying to figure out what one needs in the beginning. I would recommend a check list of the most important things to know when checking in and for the first few days. Rules for the clinic are very confusing. Gotten conflicting signals on how it works.

Not sure if we can afford a...

Not sure if we can afford a buy in program but sounds more appealing than assisted living. We are now looking into active adult communities with real estate for sale and resale. My mom has good genes and could possibly live another 25 years. This place was really nice though

Ate lunch and toured Very large camp...

Ate lunch and toured Very large campus with shuttle service to other bldgs. prn. Liked the facility and activities.

The Quadrangle, situated on 74 beautifully landscaped acres on Philadelphia's Main Line, is an independent full-service community meeting needs of seniors like you since 1986. The community is ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle. Residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations, a variety of floor plans, fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more. The Quadrangle is designed to provide residents with health and medical support if they should ever need it with Personal Care, Alzheimer's Care and Nursing Care. At The Quadrangle, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us and experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.