Sunrise of Haverford - Haverford, PA

So happy here!

My sister loves living at the Sunrise Senior Living of Haverford. She is absolutely thriving at this community. The staff is very caring and friendly and attentive to her care needs. They are also very welcoming to our family members. My family loves to see my sisters name on the daily activities sign up sheet for all the activities she is going to engage in. I have dined there with my sister and the food is great. This place is so homey and inviting it is definitely built for seniors looking for a place to call home. We would definitely recommend this community to friends and family.

Friendly Community

My mother in law is better since her move to this community, than the previous community she was in. We are satisfied with her move to this facility. She is safe, and in good hands. For the most part they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. The staff has been kind, and friendly when I visit. Everything is going pretty well for my mother in law in this community. I would recommend it to my friends.

Our Love One is Well Here

My mother in law seems to be doing well since her move to this community. I wish she would socialize more, but overall everything has worked out well for us in this community. We know she is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. The community, and her room are well maintained when we visit. She is pleased with the meals. I have noticed that they post plenty of activities for the residents. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends.

Sunrise Senior Living of Haverford is the perfect place for my parents unfortunately it's more than our budget.

A tour for care

This was a nice tour and the staff was very nice. The community was very clean. The menu seemed to be good. This community was a nice place to visit. We wanted a community that had a lot of very active people. I suggest that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

A Good Tour

This is a community that I toured with. The person who gave the tour was nice and I thought the place was a good place but not what I needed for my loved one.

Great Experience

It has been a good experience for my father here at this community. He is doing well here, and I'am pleased with his move here. It is lovely place. A place was great with all they help they provided me with. It is really a great service when you need some help.

Highly recommended with a few suggestions for improvement

I am satisfied with Sunrise and do recommend it. It is a beautiful facility, clean, well maintained. It is always a nice feeling to walk into the entrance way. There is an obvious stress on friendliness and a caring attitude toward residents and their visitors. They have activities appropriate for a senior living facility and encourage residents to use the facilities. The food is quite good and they are very adaptable to making special dishes. Most of the staff are extremely friendly and competent, even when they are rushed. The nursing staff and care staff heads are dedicated and knowledgeable. Most importantly, most of the residents who circulate seem comfortable, like to meet newcomers, and often chat in a way that conveys that they feel they are well cared for.

My main reservation is that they would be even more efficient with a stronger top management system. The current organization appears to depend upon each separate function. In addition, they need at least a few more staff to respond quicker to calls and provide the numerous services needed by seniors at mealtimes. They also ought to have a better orientation for new residents and their families before a move in to facilitate the stresses of a transition from a home environment to permanent residence in an assisted living residence.

Despite these reservations I am glad that I chose Sunrise and do recommend it to others (but advise them to get a good orientation with senior staff before the move in.)

The attitude of the employees is impressive, they are all friendly, and caring and seem happy to work there. The accommodations are nice, though some of the furniture could be updated. Parking is a little bit limited when the lot is full. The people have a command of what they do and they are somewhat knowledgeable. The food is pretty good, my loved one has even gained some weight back. Any issues are addressed and taken care of quickly. They are pretty good with their medication delivery. There could be a few more activities as far as in house in the afternoon, other than bingo, or T.V., or movies, some arts and crafts activities could be added. The activities person is wonderful, enthusiastic and upbeat. It impresses me that they are open to criticism and they don't get defensive.

Not impressed after a few years.

My first hand experience was not so terrific.......frequent turnover of Executive Director and adminstrative staff is troublesome, communication with family members is not so good. The physical plant is well maintained but the personal care assistants and direct care workers are overloaded with tasks and cannot manage. The dining room is crowded and not comfortable. For the cost, which increases as time goes by, I am not impressed with the Sunrise experience. The entire industry is just about the money!!!!!

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We'd like to learn more - please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Convenient location, small, could respond to me faster

I like that it's small, so they all know where my mom is at all times.

We chose the place because of location; it is close to my home.

They will get to me when they can get to me. They are responsive. When I send e-mails I don't always get answers. They try their best. For instance, I asked them to get a dresser for my mom. They did it, but it took them a week.

Surprised how good it is

I'm really impressed with how much the staff care and how experienced they are. The residents, too, have been unusually friendly. The room is great (big, pretty) and the overall atmosphere is relaxed and fun. My mother just went in a week and a half ago and is having an extremely difficult time with the adjustment. The staff have been constantly checking in on her, working with her and my family, coming up with creative solutions, etc. Lots of communication, too, usually initiated by them! Again, really impressed with this place.

Great so far!

I was very impressed with this facility. They were warm, welcoming, and seemed very on top of things for Dad. Example: he needed to borrow a TV till we can get his things moved and they had one installed within minutes.
He's only been there a day but I haven't had any panicked phone calls from him or them, so I consider that a great start!
The atmosphere is very cheerful, and the things I particularly like about it are that the price is all-inclusive (phone and cable too!), so there's no a la carte "ka-ching!" every time you want to add a service. I like that medications are brought to the residents, not dispensed in a single location where the residents have to go get them. I like that it has intellectual programs like current events discussions and history lectures, not just bingo. (Dad plays chess, not bingo.)
The only downside to the facility is that it's a little lacking in outdoor space. There's a nice wrap-around porch with rockers, but otherwise not much in the way of usable outdoor space for residents that need a walker or wheelchair.

Sunrise of Haverford is friendly and ...

Sunrise of Haverford is friendly and nice place. The daily care is fine. However there is very little emphasis on family communication from Sunrise care management. My stepfather experienced a great deal of difficulty around a roommate situation that we were not made aware of. Sunrise only contacted us when the situation had reached the point where they felt (without family input) that his level of agitation required one to one care.
If this facility wishes to move up a level its leadership should consider that family participation be an aspect of implementing decisions made by Sunrise that are significant events in the resident's life.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. Please contact us at Information [at] SunriseSeniorLiving [dot] [com] with additional details that we can learn more. --The Sunrise Team

Would be a good place for s...

Would be a good place for s short respite stay, but not to live. It is a very small property with no grounds for the residents. Parking is extremely limited for visitors.

Very Please With Our Choice!

My mother and our family are pleased that we made the choice of Haverford's Sunrise Senior Living in July. It is conveniently located for us; my mother has established her living arrangement quite nicely; the meals are nutritious and delicious; and everyone on the staff is terrific!

I wish that a back-up generator could be installed that would provide elevator service during a power outage. However, during the recent five hour power failure, we visited Sunrise, and all the residents seemed to be positively occupied and accounted for. Each person was quietly taken to his room at bedtime and settled in by flashlight! My mother was quite impressed.

On a scale of 1 to 5 "friendliness" is a 10!

I was in a crunch, the assisted care where my mom was living was way too expensive so I contacted 'A Place for Mom." Donna contacted me with several options and it was an amazing experience. The reason I choose the Sunrise Senior Living of Haverford was it's five minutes away from my house and I really liked the vibe I got when I visited. I saw a couple other communities but this one felt the best. My mom just recently moved in so she has not had experience with the activities or care services.

Liked this residence very much. The ...

Liked this residence very much. The director knows her residents and their needs. The physical setting is attractive. It could be a good place for my mother.

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized personal care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.