Sunrise of Newtown Square - Newtown Square, PA

Each of the sunrise communities were good, and could be a possible place.

GREAT place!

We are very pleased with my mother's move here! She's attending quite a few things which really shocked me because she was always the type of person who kept to herself. She's going to the many events they hold and has even made friends. I was there for dinner and it was good. They offered several options and a nice three-course meal. The community is definitely very clean. I can't think of anything negative about the community.

Seems like a nice place

Mom is currently doing a short respite stay at this community. The staff seem pleasant and friendly. The sales manager has been helpful. The community is clean and they have a lovely front porch for the residents to enjoy the outdoors. The food is very tasty and they have a snack bar that is open all day. They offer activities and a community room for the residents to watch movies and socialize. I would recommend this community,

A terrible experience!

I would not advise anyone to put their loved ones with Alzheimers or Dementia in this facility! They put us through hell. They are not equipt to handle the residents and they just want them to sit in a wheelchair and not do anything all day, it was defiantly a horrible experience.

Positive Image

The staff at Sunrise Newtown Square is outstanding and very friendly. The nurses and care managers are very good and are hard workers.

We love it!

This place is beautiful. It is also a lot smaller than most of the other places, which is what we wanted for my aunt. The people are very warm and professional. The food looks good . I also like that they have all kinds of entertainment for the residents.

Wonderful experience during a short time

My father lived here for two weeks before he passed away and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very supportive during this difficult time. Although the time spent there was short I would recommend this community to a friend or loved one.

A tour for care

We took a tour of this community. The staff was helpful with the questions we had. The other residents did not seem active and my mom wanting more. The dining area seemed very nice. They had activities for those who wanted to join in. We liked that it was clean and looks beautiful. We suggested other families tour this community for a loved one and the value.

One of their selling points is that your parent will see a doctor regularly but that doesnt happen. A doctor occasionally walks around and looks for a visible ailment like an ER but that is it. I am very disappointed.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Highly recommend Sunrise!

Things are going great since moving my Mom to Sunrise Senior Living. She is adjusting as well as can be expected. This community is great, I would definitely recommend this place. Everybody I have come across there has been great and my mom likes the staff as well, they keep an eye on her. Any time I have gone to visit they have always been very friendly. Everytime I'm there, they are doing something: playing bingo, cards, doing the ladys' nails, something is going on. She is on the third floor so I have to go through the first floor and they are always doing activities down there as well, it is very active. I have eaten the food and it's not gourmet but my mom likes it and that is what is important. There is a big outside open porch area for the residents to enjoy the sun when the weather is warm.

Friendly, caring group of people

I think they do a good job overall at Sunrise Senior Living of Newtown Square! It took my loved one a little time to settle in and feel comfortable, but now she seems very happy. I feel like they're a very caring group, and they did their best to make her feel at home.

Very nice place!

I think they do a good job overall at Sunrise Senior Living of Newtown Square. My loved one had some specific care needs that they had not had to deal with before, and they really went out of their way to make sure they handled everything appropriately. The staff here is friendly and professional, and very accommodating. I would absolutely recommend them to other families looking into care in the area!

Great people and great place

The first contact with Sunrise of Newtown Square was Nicki Beekman when my husband and I toured the facility when we were searching for a place for his brother. She answered every question we had and we knew then that this was where we wanted his brother to be. His brother will be moving in in the next few days, and we just moved his furniture in yesterday and everything went smoothly. Needless to say, we appreciate the compassion and concern that both Nicki and Paul Barlow have showed us during this stressful time. The feeling we had when we toured Sunrise was it was a resort, and not an assisted living facility.

They are a good establishment and care for people but not even 24 hrs and she ended up in the hospital.

We put my mother in there with high hopes and she wasn't even there 24 hrs before something happened. We asked them to keep an eye on her since it was a new transition for her. She was moved over to memory care. They ensured us that they would keep a good eye on her but that night they found her crawling in the hallway with her head split open. They rushed her to the hospital. But they reassured us and frankly we didn't trust sunrise anymore. So we hired Senior Helpers for 3 nights and of course we paid extra for someone to sit in her room and she was fine those 3 whole days. She ended up back in hospital and we took her out and transferred for to Westown.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at [removed] . Thank you, Sunrise Team

Visited Sunrise at Paoli an...

Visited Sunrise at Paoli and could see at once it is for people who can't cook their own meals and are pretty inactive.

They have done okay so far.

They have done okay so far. They keep the community pretty clean, and the staff is friendly. They have a good variety of activities, and the food is really good. We haven't been there very long yet, but so far there really isn't anything off the top of my head that needs to be improved or done better.

It's wonderful. They are really friendly.

It's wonderful. They are really friendly. I think all of these places are expensive but this one is about average. When I went in on a Saturday and there were three different activities going on, that is why I chose them. That said a lot to me.

Very Pleased

My mother has been in the dementia area of Sunrise Newtown Square for 8 months. The staff is very loving to all of the residents. The environment is quite lovely and very homey. There is a dog for the home and the residents certainly enjoy him. The entertainment is good and there are a variety of activities. There is a variety to the meals served and I have seen the staff be very accommodating to the resident's needs. The staff is what sets this place apart from others we toured.

Really doing a great job

So far we're very pleased with this community. The staff have all been very friendly, and it is a nice looking, clean facility. I really like the layout of the community, it feel very homey, no long hospital-like hallways. One of our relatives is a visiting nurse and she gave this place the thumbs up when we were selecting it!

Inconsistent

In comparison to other places we looked at the Sunrise Senior Living of Newtown Square seemed equal or better overall than more expensive facilities. Just before my mom moved it this facility was bought by a large corporation which causes some concern. I marked them lower on Care Services because it is so inconsistent, my mom is not getting the care she is paying for on a daily basis. When I have visited her for dinner I have seen on multiple occassions residents wait over an hour and a half to be served in the dining room. The staff is friendly but they seem understaffed for the number of residents. They always seem to be hiring, it is not clear if it is hard to find staff for the schedule or the pay but the services they provide are inconsistent because they are so understaffed. Overall my mom is very positive about her experience and it is an excellent facility. I have spoken with the facility's director regarding getting my mom's compression socks put on her everyday, this however is not always done. I will be keeping an eye on their care of her and if there is no improvement I will be looking to move her elsewhere. For the amount she is paying it is unacceptable that the staff skip or forget to provide services they are contracted to provide her.

Nice facility / friendly pe...

Nice facility / friendly people Would want 2 options of rooms Many activities off campus Avg age 84 - mostly women Good location Can have his car Doctors on staff Has memory care Omni care for perscription program Trial program - will deduct from move in fee Phone and cable not included Does not accept medicare monthly family outings

clean friendly staff

clean friendly staff

Would only use this as a back-up to S...

Would only use this as a back-up to Sunrise of Westtown if we would need care for Bob in 2011 and Westtown does not have space.

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.

Amenities and Services