Bellingham Retirement Community - West Chester, PA

My mom's first year at Bellingham

If we had known what a difference it would make for my mom's emotional well being, we would have moved her to Bellingham sooner. From the sales staff that helped us to find the perfect apartment to the service staff in the dining room, all have worked daily to make Bellingham my mother's "home"! The residents have all been very warm and welcoming; their ambassadors program is a wonderful way for new residents to get the lay of the land and meet other residents. My mom also really enjoys being seated with different residents at mealtime, which has enabled her to greatly expand her group of friends. Speaking of mealtime, the food is fabulous! While my mom very much enjoys the independence of her own apartment with a full kitchen, she loves that she doesn't have to cook and can just stroll down to the dining room for a good meal (if she's not feeling well she can have dinner delivered to her apartment). We're ecstatic that she's eating better again; proper well-balanced meals. It's also a great relief to know that she's being checked on daily. My mother had many falls in her house due to health problems; falls that left her alone for hours before she could get help. When she had a fall at Bellingham she was quickly attended to and the staff were quick to contact me to alert us to her accident which required hospitalization and several weeks of skilled nursing. Because my mother was a Bellingham resident, she received priority placement for a bed at Parklane (the skilled nursing unit at Bellingham) and the Bellingham staff worked to ensure a smooth transition to and from Parklane. All in all it's been a very good experience thus far at Bellingham, and it's wonderful to see the constant improvements that they are making to their facility.

SLC Midwest

Hi Kerry! Thank you for giving us your seal of approval! The perspectives of our residents and their families mean so much to us!

It looked a little run down and also had a very unpleasant musty smell. One of the residents was walking around in her bare feet and the other residents were just sitting around really doing nothing.
The staff was pleasant but I really was not that impressed.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we always welcome ideas on how to improve. I'm sorry our community did not fit your expectations, and we hope you have fund a community that meets your needs!

Was ok, rooms a little small, didn't like as much as the others

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! Since our goal is to provide a 5-star experience, we'd love to hear from you with any additional input that you feel would help us achieve that goal. We look forward to hearing from you!

[Name removed] is a great spokesman who represents the community as a warm caring facility. Found it to be a bit dark, needs more lighting. Well-maintained but hows its age. Personal care dining room seems sad. Very warm, air not effective in some rooms.

We toured this community

We went on a tour here and the staff was nice and very personable. She actually talked with my Aunt. They answered all of our questions. I really liked this place it was very clean. The room was nice and up to date. I would recommend people tour communities before they make a decision.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

This was a different community. What I called assisted living was actually considered independent living which as very nice. When we were there they were having "happy hour". Everyone was friendly and it was a nice facility. However the Personal Care (memory care portion to me) was darker, smaller and I didn't care for that portion.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback! Our goal is to provide a five-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us to achieve that goal, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. We look forward to hearing from you.

Great experience for all

Just a quick note about Dad's stay at Bellingham. Both Park Lane and Brandywine buildings are both very clean, nicely decorated and well maintained. Dad spent the first three weeks in the Park Lane at Bellingham skilled nursing unit after a hospital stay. The care was top notch that Dad received. All of the staff was very professional and friendly. Dad was not feeling well at all when he arrived. The nurses, aides and therapists were all very patient and compassionate with Dad. Often times Dad can be a picky eater but with the many meal choices available he was very happy with his food. The physical and occupational therapists worked very well with Dad and he made great progress during his stay. When Dad was discharged this week for the skilled unit, the nurse explained everything in detail and made the transition smooth to Brandywine assisted living next store. The social work director [Removed] was especially helpful even when she was home on the weekends making herself available to answer questions and help out. We never had the feeling that we had to wait until Monday for an answer to a question.
Earlier this week Dad transitioned over to a beautiful apartment in Brandywine assisted living next door. The staff at Brandywine has been great never making us feel pressured during the process. [Removed] were very accommodating with all of our concerns and needs. The maintenance worker AQ is also very friendly. He helped us out when we needed an adjustment or question. When someone told us they would call us back they did as said even on the weekends and evenings. They have made Dad feel very welcome to his new home.
I had not heard of Bellingham prior to Dad getting ill a month or so ago. We are so glad we found Bellingham and are looking forward to Dad enjoying his new home.

Its been Perfect!

It has been absolutely perfect since we moved in! Move in was simple and went so much smoother than expected. I especially love that we can go out our sliding patio door to take our dog for a walk on the beautiful property.

SLC Midwest

Thanks so much for sharing your confidence in us. We appreciate your feedback and we're so glad you are enjoying your new home here!

My Community

I like it very much. I enjoy everything they offer for me.
Everything from the meals to the staff are very good.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us; we appreciate your feedback!

Loved everything about the place. Very open, spacious and warm. I intend on doing everything I can to help my parents realize how well this facility will fulfill their current needs.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback and we'd be happy to welcome your parents and share our community's benefits with them!

Friendly

Happy this is my home. Lots of friendly, outgoing staff and residents!

SLC Midwest

Margaret, thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We're happy you're here!

Love my home

I love Bellingham for many reasons. I love its intimate friendly atmosphere, and the beautiful park like surroundings. The food is excellent and I always enjoy the numerous activities to choose from.

SLC Midwest

Nancy, thank you so much for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback!

Very Happy

"I love my apartment!" My view is gorgeous. I overlook open park land and love watching all the wildlife, and my cat loves watching all the beautiful birds. Great staff and residents!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you are enjoying your home here at Park Lane!

Very Happy

I love many things about Bellingham. The staff and residents are very friendly, and the grounds are gorgeous.
Most of all, I love the Maintenance department. They cannot do enough for you!

SLC Midwest

Thanks for your review; we appreciate your feedback!

Great choice

I moved into Bellingham 5 months ago and I am very happy with my decision. The grounds are gorgeous and the quality and variety of the food is tremendous. Overwhelmingly, Bellingham has the friendliest staff and residents of any community I have been to.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and want to be sure that we are providing the best possible experience for you, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us meet our goal of providing five-star care, please reach out to our Executive Director with any additional input. Thanks!

Good choice

My Sister and I moved into Bellingham a little over 6 months ago, and we are very happy with our decision. Bellingham fit our budget and the staff and residents are very friendly.

SLC Midwest

We're so pleased to hear that you and your sister are enjoying your home here with us! Thanks so much for sharing your review!

Great Care

My mom [Removed] is a resident receiving rehab. Everyone is wonderful. There are a variety of activities and the staff does a wonderful job- impressed with how they get residents to the activities and the different themes going on all the time. The therapy department is excellent and always there to answer any questions. The entire team is great and I am pleased with the care my mom receives.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and for your confidence in us! We are so pleased that your mom is enjoying her time here with us! We are so proud of our team and their dedication and compassion!

Park Lane

Everyone's been nice and competent and caring. My overall experience was excellent in every department.

SLC Midwest

Thank you! We appreciate your feedback.

Beautiful grounds, lots of space

I moved into Bellingham from a home that was situated on 2 acres, so having open space was important to me. Bellingham has large beautiful grounds with mature trees and plantings. It is a very peaceful setting. Another plus for me when I downsized, was the spaciousness of the apartments and the ample storage space.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that you are enjoying your home with us!

Bellingham is home

I have been a Resident here for 3 years, and cannot say enough about this Community. I am happy with my choice to move here and my children are happy I am here. The staff are caring and kind and make it truly feel like home. I love that Bellingham has so many opportunities to get involved.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing! We appreciate your confidence in us and are so pleased that you are enjoying your home with us. We're proud of the dedication and compassion shown by team members every day!

Park Lane is better than other nursing homes. Everyone is nice, it's fun and the food is good. I was here before and so was my husband and we both love Park Lane.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stays with us!

Park Lane

I currently reside at Park Lane at Bellingham. I like it there very much and I like going to the activities there and all of the wonderful friendships that I make by doing so. It's a great place.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us and are glad you are enjoying your home with us!

It Was Getting Expensive

I thought my parents were going to be in the independent side but we found that they needed more care. When switching over to the assisted living side they asked they get 24 hour care which was going to add extra costs. They way it was decorated was dark with no a lot of lighting. The dining room for assisted living was in the corner basement and did not look the best. I also feel the 24 hour staff were not qualified enough

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with our assisted living community at Bellingham. We pride ourselves on wonderful, kind and caring staff. Our team receives monthly training and guidance. We will continue to follow up with our staff to assure that they receive the best possible training to be able to provide top notch care. It you would like to discuss further please feel free to reach out to me Russ Conrad, regional director of operations at Senior Lifestyle. My cell number is [removed]. Sincerely, Russ

Great location!!

I have been very pleased with the services this community has been providing my mother. The staff are attentive to her needs and have made sure she is comfortable and feels safe in her new living environment. They have great food with healthy choices and a great dinning room experience. I have little to no complaints and would recommend this place to anyone.

Great choice for a reasonably priced retirement community!

My mother-in-law is in the independent living section of Bellingham. She will be there a year in Feb 2017. We have been very satisfied with our experience. I would recommend to anyone for their loved ones. Probably one of the most reasonably priced private homes in the area. Not perfect but as good as it gets considering the whole picture.

My mom has lived at Bellingham for the past 3 years. I cant say enough great things about this place. She went from living on her own to moving into bellingham and making so many great friends. I no longer have to worry about her like i used to. She was not a joiner but now she is and she is so busy I cant keep up with her schedule. It has changed both our lives for the better. Thank you to Bellingham!

Ruff Start at First, But Things Are Good Now

It was a ruff start at first, but my mother in law is doing well here at this community now. It is a nice place, they do a good job with keeping the community nice and clean, and well maintained. They have a nice, and friendly staff here. Overall it has been a good experience, she being cared for well here. This is a community I would recommend, it is a good place.

My Stay at Park Lane

I wasn't apprehensive about coming here because seven years ago my husband stayed here and he was treated very well. So right off the bat, I knew what to expect.
The cleanliness is immaculate. They're always sweeping and vacuuming, even when it looks fine. My room is always tidy. The nursing staff are very attentive, and the personalized attention I received from the therapy staff was first rate. The activities people are on top of things, they have something for everyone.

Staying at Park Lane

The staff are very kind and considerate, and they tell you what's happening with activities each day. The food is good. The nurses are quick to respond. This is a really great place, I could go on and on.

My first week as a resident at Bellingham Senior Living

Right from the get-go all was good. Staff would give you their full attentions, Meals have been very good. Multiple walking paths, etc..

Park Lane

I have been at Park Lane before and the place is overall wonderful. The therapists are very accommodating when I have outside appointments and Fatuo(the aide) is wonderful and always helpful...The Activities Director is incredible and incomparable especially with the lower functioning residents(she goes out of her way to make sure they are included and helps them at activities). I can't say enough about the activities team. The food is okay but overall Park Lane is great...

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write kind words about our community and our staff. It means a great deal when individuals take the time out of their busy schedule to recognize best in class service that we strive to provide every day. If possible, I would appreciate you contacting me at your earliest convenience to learn more about how we can exceed expectations concerning the mention of the food. We would like to assure that we do everything possible to change the experience from okay to great! I can be reached at [removed]…Jason Shott, Executive Director.

Wonderful experience

I am at Park Lane for rehab and my stay has been wonderful. The nurses are great and Fatou and Civil are wonderful and accommodating. The food is wonderful, activities are great and I love the daily information that we receive each day with out activities schedule. I would recommend Park Lane to anyone.

Unfair financial rate charge

My family picked Park Lane for our loved to stay for nursing care. We cringed at the private pay rate but willing to pay for our loved one to be taken care of and have privacy, and we thought the facility was exercising fairness. That was not the case. The Admissions department and the Administrator bribed and agree for another family to pay a semi private rate to stay in a private single room. This is UNFAIR and UNJUST!!!!! This should be illegal financial practice! All the family that pay for a single private rate room should be charged a semi private room rate if they do for another family! We want to know why this was allowed? We will contact the regulatory agencies to investigate. This is very upsetting!!!!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. At Bellingham and Parklane it is our goal to assure we our exceeding customer and family expectations consistently and providing best in class customer service. Consequently, your concern is extremely important to me. I would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about the situation in order to assure proper follow-up. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience at [removed]....Jason Shott, Executive Director.

Great Place

After recently having surgery, I chose Park Lane for my physical and occupational therapy. Because of the wonderful care my mother has received as a full time resident for two and half years, my decision was any easy one to make. All personnel have been caring, pleasant, effective and positive to resident needs. Response by nursing, dietary, housekeeping and all other departments has been immediate and there are lots of activities to keep us busy. The dedication to residents at Park Lane as well as communication is commendable! I wholly recommend sending your loved ones for care, long term living and therapy!
I must also say that I was extremely impressed with the continuing care, food preparation and the staff members who stayed during the recent blizzard of 2016!!!

Bellingham

I live at Bellingham and enjoy it there but am at Park Lane for rehab. The therapy team take their time to make sure everyone is okay. They know what they are doing. The food and activities are nice at both places. Everyone is so nice and I know I will get better here.

Park Lane

I have been at ParkLane for a month for rehab and my stay here has been great. The nursing and kitchen staff go out of there way to help me. Everyone does their best. I enjoy going to the activities when not in rehab and think it's wonderful how they include even the residents that aren't able to do much in all of the programs.

Great start, POOR ending.

My parents were satisfied with their independent living apartment at Bellingham for several years. Their only major complaint was the significant yearly increase in rent, which some of their friends ultimately could not afford and had to leave. As health declined so did the opinion of the services at Parklane/Bellingham. The staff's communication was inconsistent and frustrating. Case planning was heavily influenced by financial priorities. Beware and get everything in writing.

SLC Midwest

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy to hear that your parents stay for the majority of their time at Bellingham was enjoyable. I apologize that you felt communication was poor and you felt misled. This was not our intention nor how we strive to conduct business. At Bellingham we are dedicated to provide the highest level of service possible. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. I value any input that you can offer so we may continue our journey to 100% customer satisfaction. -Jason Shott, Executive Director, [removed]

We are very satisfied with them.

We are very satisfied with them. We like the food, and the accommodations. Everything is wonderful, and very clean. We liked how friendly it was. It's a great place. I would give them a five.

Going very well!

Things have turned out very well at Bellingham Retirement Community, everything is going great! We have no complaints!

Fantastic Work!

Our aunt has been at Bellingham in the Personal Care Department for over three years. Mentally we have seen improvement since she has entered the facility.
It is a pleasant and engaging environment. The facility is clean and their are always activities to keep the residents busy. The activites director, Paige Jacobs and her staff are great! Always helpful and ready to go the extra mile.
Thanks Paige and her group for all you do!!

Compassionate team.

I want to say thank you to the Administrator and her team for taking the time to listen to my concerns. My husband was admitted in early September and he was very upset being sent to Park Lane at first but during his stay there the Administrator, and her staff made him feel comfortable. The customer service her and her staff provided to my husband and I are excellent. I have noticed and observed that her team are very respectful of the patients and always smiling. Thank you to all the Park Lane staff.!!! Please keep up the good work.

Also, I want to thank Melinda Wright and her Activities Assistant, Duree for providing great program to keep my husband busy and to help him not being sad being in the nursing home. Thank you for your compassion and caring.

Mom and I really liked Bellingham, we looked at their smallest room in their independent living household, it was spacious and cozy, Plenty of space for my Mom. Liz is a lovely young lady, we enjoyed meeting her.

Very accommodating

It was a lovely place. My Mother is no longer there, but when she was everyone was very accommodating and very nice.

From a Current Resident

I have lived here for almost six years. I liked it from the very beginning. It was difficult to adjust to the loss of independence, but I've been happy at Bellingham. I like everything about this place, to tell you the truth. The food is good, the activities team is great, they have a wonderful maintenance and housekeeping team, and everyone is very friendly. My experience with Bellingham has been pleasant, but I don't necessarily have anything else to compare it to. I've never lived in any other retirement community, but I can't imagine myself being happier anywhere else. I'm very happy here.

Nice place!

So far things have gone very well with Bellingham Retirement Community! The people here are friendly, and the community is well kept and clean. It's been a bit of an adjustment for my loved ones, but they seem to have settled in well and are enjoying themselves! However, I do think that the community could provide a little more assistance during the on-boarding process.

Going very well!

Our experience with Bellingham Retirement Community has been a very good one! The place is clean, the people are friendly, and my loved one really seems to be enjoying it. We have no complaints!

no complaints

I have no complaints at Bellingham Retirement Community. They have many varied and convenient activities. Mom wont participate and I wish she would. times. The staff just seem very accommodating no matter what my brother and i need. There is a doctor in the building and that is very convenient. We switched her from her regular doctor and we wouldn't do that if we didn't think it was good. The staff has just been very wonderful here. I am really pleased with this facility.

Bellingham Retirement Community

My name is Moe M. [removed]. I am an active, independent senior citizen. I use the word active because when I first came to this community, I was afraid. But as the day wore on, and as more and more people went out of their way to say hello to me and make me feel welcome, my fear melted away. I, like many here, have some form of disability. We are learning how to survive and be useful in spite of our physical limitations. Above all, the policies and programs are fantastic. Just to name a few, they schedule many outside trips to notable places that bring the residents much enjoyment. There are numerous exercise programs available as well, such as Tai Chi and Ballet. There are painting activities, jewelry making, and Brain Health University classes. Those classes especially, keep our minds alert and help us to wake up from the slower pace that life can take. For those that prefer quieter forms of leisure, there is Bingo, cards, and board games available to anyone interested. My preferred hobby was bowling, and even though I am not able to bowl like I used to, I participate in Wii bowling and that really makes my day all the more enjoyable. I can’t say anything more other than my stay at Bellingham has been a blessing God sent to me. My only wish for anyone fearful of this stage of life is that they come and see for themselves what a beautiful lifestyle we have here at Bellingham Retirement Community.

Seemed like a nice place

Our loved one stayed here briefly, and while it was a nice place overall it was not the best fit for us. Shortly after moving our loved one in we discovered that she was in need of a more memory care focused community. Although our experience with Bellingham was a brief one it did seem like a nice place, and I'm sure they would have done a fine job if all we needed was assisted living.

This review is long overdue. My mother was at Park Lane skilled rehab a while back and I just want to write this review and let people know that the care and service my mother received was excellent. There is no words to describe how caring and friendly the staff at Park Lane have been to my mother and my family. I have met with the Administrator with any concern or issue I had at the time and let me tell you her and her team get on it to address the issue without hesitation. Her and her team took the time out of their busy schedule to listen to me and that is rare to find.
Park Lane is clean, the building is beautiful.! The rehab staff are wonderful and thank you for taking of my mom. Thank you for your compassion and your care.

Dedicated Director

Having lived at Evergreen, in Cincinnati, Ohio, for 9 years, also a Senior Lifestyle Community, I saw many, many, inept directors come and go. This is the same with Bellingham.
I am writing this review so that you become aware of the many sterling qualities that Jason Shott has.
He is what Bellingham has needed for many years. When presented with a problem, he always follows through. HE LISTENS!
We appreciate him as our Executive Director. He is pleasant, readily available and gets involved.
His thoughtfulness is well noted.

Come see for yourself

I have been at Bellingham for 8 months now and did not come here by choice. I was certain that I would hate it, but now I'm a converted fan. The people here have been wonderful to me and there are numerous activities for everyone from crafts, to book club. to bridge and drum circle. I look forward to having dinner at night with interesting engaging people. The dining room is very attractive with fresh flowers on the tables. The young people who serve us are cheerful and amusing,And Just sitting on my balcony enjoying the beautiful grounds is a favorite relaxing moment, I certainly would recommend it to others

SLC East

Thank you for taking the time to review Bellingham Retirement Community. The entire staff work tirelessly to exceed your expectations as we continue to focus on providing world class quality service and care to our residents. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for the recognition….Jason Shott, Executive Director

Come see for yourself

I came here not of my own choice about 8 mos. ago. I was ready to hate it, but have been completely converted to "a fan". The people are truly a delight, the young servers in the dining room are always refreshing and all the activities keep me going. There have been some recent changes in staff, but all have been most positive. I especially look forward to dining at night with interesting engaging people. Living in a positive atmosphere helps me deal with my day to day challenges. Just sitting out on my balcony looking at the beautiful grounds lifts my spirits.

Come see for yourself

I came here not of my own choice about 8 mos. ago. I was ready to hate it, but have been completely converted to a fan. The people are truly a delight, the young servers in the dining room are always refreshing and all the activities keep me going. There have been some recent changes in staff, but all have been most positive. I especially look forward to dining at night with interesting engaging people. Living in a positive atmosphere helps me deal with my day to day challenges. Just sitting out on my balcony looking at the beautiful grounds lifts my spirits.

bad management

SLC East

I am very disappointed that you had this experience while at Parklane at Bellingham. Please feel free to contact me directly to share more information on how we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve going forward. I can be reached via email at [removed] or my direct cell phone number at [removed].
Sincerely,
Jason Shott
Executive Director

They have a variety of activities

I would recommend the Bellingham Retirement Community. They have a variety of activities. My overall rating of this property is 5 stars. I haven't had any issues or concerts with this place. I rated the friendliness 5 stars. This is a very friendly facility that offers a great care service. The value is also excellent. It is reasonably priced. I would recommend this facility to anyone searching for a friendly community.

My Mother has only been in Bellingham for 2 weeks but so far our experience has been good. The staff is very nice and caring and do get the residents involved in activities.

Lovely place for retirement, but won't really meet our needs. We need assisted living and memory care. While Bellingham does have those offerings, they are more a regular retirement community.

This week it's okay, but we have had some issues.

This week it's okay, but we have had some issues. The attitude of the staff is not very good. The head nurse there, is pretty good, she knows where I am coming from. There have been maintenance issues. The billing has had a few issues as well. The food is about average. They do seem to have a lot of activities.

SLC East

Thank for your taking the time to review our community. However, we are truly sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. We are disappointed to learn that there were some billing concerns as well as maintenance and your impression of the dining was less than satisfactory. Not only do we have an experienced and talented Executive Chef leading our culinary team, but we also proactively seek out feedback on how to enhance the dining experience. We always strive to provide each and every resident with the best possible care and services on a daily basis. I’d be happy to talk more in depth about how we can alleviate this situation and make your experience at Bellingham a better one going forward. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at {[removed] or [[removed]]. Thanks, Joe Conlon, Operations

Nice decor, but customer service with admissions person worst experience

My wife and visited the rehab side of Bellingham, the rehab looked nice, clean, most of the staff where friendly and smiled and greeted us. But in a far corner of one of the hallways, we could see maybe two staff members having a heated conversation. As we went though the building one of what we though was a staff member in that heated conversation was actually a daughter of a patient their at Bellingham, she express to us when she was very upset, that bellingham is a Medicare place only, or private pay. But when you run out of your 100 days the community will kick your Dad or Mom to the curb. We where in shock, we asked the Executive Director about this before we left and she said that the social services staff would help with placement. Before we left we spoke to the Admissions Director to ask about the 100 days of Medicare and then where do we go from there. My wife and I don't know if she was still in the fighting mood cause she was the second person involved in that heated discussion with that family member that left very angry. Needless to say Carolyn , the Admissions person said in a very loud voice, after the 100 days, if you don't have the money. We will send you packing. With that the Executive Director, said the tour is over and pulled the Admissions person away from us. Not a Great first impression. And I would leave my Father-in-law here for rehab, NO WAY. AVOID THIS REHAB, we finally have him at the Wellington, off route 352. That Admissions person Carolyn needs to fired. We actually called the [Removed] hotline and reported her behavior.

Great community!

This community just felt right as soon as they walked in the door. The atmisphere was wonderfull, everyone seemed very helpful and pleasent. The location could not be better for us as it is centerally located from our house and work.

Bellingham only ok

Bellingham had access to activites. However, their food was mediocre. They also charged too much to have the meal delivered to your apartment and it always came cold. Also, recently the accounting office more than triple charged us on the monthly rental fee and it took more than 2 months and legal help to get the money refunded.

SLC East

We would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you visiting Bellingham. We are pleased to learn that overall you and your loved one were impressed with the community. We are disappointed to learn that there were some billing concerns and your impression of the dining was less than satisfactory. Not only do we have an experienced and talented Executive Chef leading our culinary team but we also proactively seek out feedback on how to enhance the dining experience from our residents during the routine food committee meetings. Please feel free to reach out to me directly, as I'd appreciate more feedback on how we can improve our community. You can reach me at [removed] or [removed]. Thanks, Peggy O'Neill

As a Nurse Practitioner, I would neve...

As a Nurse Practitioner, I would never recommend this facility. My Mom spent 4 weeks for rehab after fracturing her femur in the Park Lane section. . The PT & OT were outstanding! The facility was clean & very nice with large private rooms & nice furniture. The downside was the nursing care. Never enough help especially at night. Sometimes it would take an hour to have someone come after ringing for the nurse. If my Mom rang for assistance to the bathroom, it may take an hour for someone to come. Several times she was placed on a bedpan for nearly an hour because the staff would tell her to ring when she was done but they took their good old time. She learned quickly not to wait too long if she needed bathroom assistance.
The food was also terrible which we had heard prior to her admission but we thought if everything else was quality, we could bring lunch & dinner to her everyday since we would be visiting. The food was all prepared meals brought in from another building which they then microwaved to reheat. Mostly dry and overlooked food. You can never leave a loved one in a nursing facility without someone checking on them. Also, at my request, the Director of Nursing met with me prior to my Mom being admitted. We reviewed her insurance coverage and any co-pay or deductibles. She informed me that there were no costs to my Mom as her insurance covered 100% of all costs. Three months after discharge, she received a bill for several thousand dollars. I called the billing office & they stated that this was her deductible and would not offer a payment plan. .

SLC East

Thank for your taking the time to review our community. However, we are truly sorry that your experience was less than satisfactory. We always strive to provide each and every resident with the best possible care and services on a daily basis. Thus, it is troubling to read the experiences your mom had at our community. We have an experienced nursing staff, as well as a great dining team. I’d be happy to talk more in depth about how we can work to alleviate this situation and make your experience at Bellingham a better one going forward. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 773) [removed] or [removed]. I would truly appreciate hearing more feedback from you. Thanks, Joe Conlon, Operations Specialist.

Welcoming staff, warm and friendly environment.

My mother felt comfortable here. It is smaller than some of the other communities she visited and she liked that. Because there is no large fee for entry it was more affordable than some other communities. The staff was friendly and welcoming and made my mother feel at home. There are activities that my mother was interested in, especially ballet class. There are many other people in this community who are still very active and that was important to my mother.

Energetic residents, highes...

Energetic residents, highest on list so far.

Mom, Doug, and Dee got a qu...

Mom, Doug, and Dee got a quick look 03/16/14.

Prospective new resident

Everyone at Bellingham has been very helpful. I haven't moved in yet but, I am pleased with the apartment . I visited a few other places....one was way too small and one wasn't receptive to the fact that I am in an electric wheelchair. Their bus didn't accommodate a wheelchair because it was independent living...I am very independent and need no help taking care of myself. They certainly made me unexceptable as a resident. Bellingham have been completely opposite.

I'm very happy with them.

I'm very happy with them. The food is a three. I would like to have the dress code changed for meals, the men have to wear suit jackets for the evening meal. I chose them for their friendliness, and the feeling of comfort and relaxation. I liked the size and layout of the apartment, and the security systems that are in place. The diversity of age groups is also nice, they seem to have a wider range of ages than others and more men here too.

Moving my mother into the residence

I found the staff helpful and efficient. Since my mother has memory lapses, however, the support literature could be more specific and sequential for her use. She also does not like the telephone system. Over all, my mother seems quite pleased with the facilities, and especially the staff at Bellingham.

This is a pretty place in a...

This is a pretty place in a nice location. The interior is dated, and the residents seem generally older than I am. It could be of interest if I decided I wanted a place without a buy-in.

SLC East

Thank you for your feedback about Bellingham—please know that we value your comments! We recognize that there are newer retirement communities in the area but none have been dedicated to excellence for over 20-years. I would like to invite you to come for a “Be Our Guest Stay” and sample the Bellingham Lifestyle. This 3 day stay is complimentary and allows you to enjoy dinner service with other residents of the community as well as join in several of our varied and interesting life enrichment programs. I think once here, you will agree that Bellingham is an appealing lifestyle and you might just learn a dance step or two!

A wonderful place for my mother

While my mother was reluctant to go to senior living, we talked her into it with the promise that she still had her house, we hadn't yet sold it, and she could come home of she so desired.

Weeks one and two were an adjustment, for all of us, but we managed

Weeks three and four were constant complaints that made no sense, items that were fully rectifiable if mom called the front desks and asked for help.

Since then it's been smooth sailing. The staff really cares, the accommodations are beautiful, and the only continuing complaint my mother has is that if she waits too long to eat dinner, some of the popular items are gone.
All in all, I would recommend Bellingham to anyone. It's a beautiful facility, filled with caring, kind and compassionate people.

Good meeting with Ms. Hart ...

Good meeting with Ms. Hart and nice tour. Will keep this facility in mind

Patient Management Team

My father is in independent living so there aren't a lot of services that he's getting. He gets meals once a day and housekeeping, I think once a month, and they're fine. They activities are oaky. I think the management team has been exceptionally patient with my dad when he had presented some challenges their way. I think he ended up in the best place for him.

This is one of my top choic...

This is one of my top choices. I was very impressed with everything.

3 levels of care but in 3 different b...

3 levels of care but in 3 different buildings. beautiful! vibrant, but ONLY can keep cats in independent living. Must give up in personal care.

I visited toured the assisted living ...

I visited toured the assisted living and the skill care facilities. The rooms are all nice, like living at home. Big closets. Assisted living requires one to bring all furnishings etc. I didn't ask about cats. The corners were a little frayed, but the skill care may be what we need for the short term.

Bellingham is a senior living community offering independent living, personal care and memory care services to seniors We also offer skilled nursing care at Parklane which is located on our campus.

Centered around a quaint 18th century farm, Bellingham retirement community offers a variety of services to meet your needs including independent living, personal care, and memory care. Designed for those who want companionship and amenities in a stimulating environment with a hospitality-centered staff, Bellingham senior living in West Chester complement the best of Living Life. Relax.

Brain Health University

Brain Health University is a unique program designed to contribute to a brain-healthy lifestyle. The program is a series of classes that stimulates engagement through novelty, variety and a little challenge. The dimensions offered in the class selection include: physical activity, nutrition, stress management, sleep, cognitive stimulation and social interaction.

Brain Health University has received the Industry Innovator Award from the International Council on Active Aging – 2011.

Wellness Everyday™

Residents benefit from a daily focus on wellness; Wellness Everyday™ is an award winning program offering engaging opportunities for wellness in six areas: physical wellness, intellectual wellness, emotional wellness, spiritual wellness, social wellness and vocational wellness. Visit Bellingham to see how we bring wellness to life in all six of these areas.