Atria Willistown - West Chester, PA

5MONTHS AT ATRIA- WILLISTOWN, PA

IHAVE BEEN LIVING HERE ABOUT 5 MONTHS.THE FACILITIES ARE WELL CARED FOR. THE MOST IMPORTMENT THING IS THE STAFF. THEY ARE GOOD CARING NICE PEOPLE. THE MGT. TAKES THE TIME TO LISTEN TO COMPLAINTS AND THEY MOVE QUICKLY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. YOU GET 3 HOT MEALS A DAY IF YOU WISH. THE FOOD IS FRESH AND WELL PREPARED.THE STAFF TRIES TO MEET SPECIAL REQUESTS. YOU GET ASENSE OF FEELING SAFE AND SECURE HERE.THOSE RESIDENTS THAT NEED SPECIAL CARE ARE WATCHED AND LOOKED AFTER. OVER ALL THIS PLACE IS A GOOD BET FOR ASSISTED LIVING ,TO GIVE FAMILY MEMBERS THE KNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR LOVED ONES ARE BEING CARED PROPERLY.

My Home At Atria

A little over 4 years ago, I was the first (of 2 people) to move into the newly-constructed Atria residence here in Willistown, PA. [name removed] and I are still here and sometimes discuss shared experiences which led to the current refined standards of staff and programing selections. “Prove Your Worth Each Day” seems to be the common credo of employment here now. The meals are delicious! I love to see aides give special attention (and sometimes a hug) to residents. Wonderful speakers and entertainers are brought in. It is as if NOW… the world is coming to us!

My time at Atria Willistown

I have been a resident of Atria Willistown since the beginning of February, 2018. I fractured my neck in Sept., 2017. I couldn’t walk at all and my right arm had very little mobility. After spending time at two other rehabs, I very reluctantly came to Atria Willistown. The Atria family (staff) are the most wonderful people. I love every one of them. As of the beginning of May, 2018, I have regained complete mobility in my right arm and I am able to walk again. I’m using a walker until I build up my strength, but I am actually walking again! To be honest, I had lost hope and never thought I’d walk again, but it’s happened. The physical therapy, occupational therapy and everyone that I’ve dealt with are the best. And so are the residents of Atria. There are so many fun activities that are well thought out and specially planned for us. I’m very happy to be going home soon, but I’m going to miss everyone here more than I can say.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful. They answered all of my questions. I didn't see much activity going on around us during the tour. It was more of a hotel feel. I was just not a good fit for my Aunt. It was more expensive. But they called and followed up with me and I liked that. I would recommend families tour communities first before making a decision.

Not what you think... Turnover rate

It looks great and you believe your parent will be cared for, especially for what you are paying... After four months we moved mom as there is one nurse for the entire building Monday thru Friday 8 to 4. Caught the Med Techs sleeping on the job. Requested resident plan after 90 days and it was never provided after multiple requests. The lock down unit was not supervised /staffed properly, went with state minimums.. Turnover rate is EXTREMELY high, you need consistency and Atria lacks that which in turn impacts your loved one. Have visited every facilty in the area and this is one too avoid until they increase the QUALIFIED staff while retaining what they have as their turnover rate is double the industry standard.

Very High Priced for the area and there was NO Nurse after second shift. The memory care facility also smelled.

Nice people, nice facility, however...
the location, very close to a busy Route 3 felt a little cramped and this also translated into the indoor spces as well. My folks have a king size bed that they do not wish to part with and it would definitely not fit into the either the one or two bedroom apartments. Otherwise, the amenities were adequate.

My Parents Are In A Wonderful Place

My parents have been getting the care they need in this community. I appreciate the staff, they are good quality people who are doing a wonderful job for my parents. They can be challenging at times and they are getting use to it. I like the layout of the community, it is open and cozy with lots of light. My parents enjoy the meals 70% of the time, no specifics but they have their good days. My mom liked how she got her hair done from the onsite hair salon.

Care for mom and dad

I like the care of this community. The staff is caring and friendly. The food is good but needs some small improvements. They have been offered activities that are available for those who want to participate. I would recommend this community for other families for good care.

Look elsewhere

Super-expensive and annually raise rents 10%. Food used to be good but now it's awful - they fired the good "chefs" and now serve Sysco crap. It's like hospital food. High nursing turnover.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out - we appreciate the feedback. I encourage you to participate in our monthly Food for Thought meetings to discuss your dining preferences directly with our chefs and those preparing our daily menus. You can also connect with your Executive Director to discuss any pricing concerns specific to your community. Thank you again for being a part of the Atria family.

"The Best Decision We Could Have Made"

My mom has been at Atria for two full years now. Bringing my mother to this wonderful facility was the best decision we could have made for her. From the very beginning the staff could not have been any nicer or any more attentive. The atmosphere is beautiful, clean, and the food is more than above par.
We brought my mom against her will, as she refused to leave her home, not realizing that dementia had begun to steal her life and her ability to live on her own.
Within a few days, she was seeing the benefits of living in such a close knit and loving community. She LOVES the staff and they love her! She has made friends. She is no longer isolated like she was in her home. Mom is enjoying life again! She goes out to lunch. She goes on almost every outing Atria offers. She attends the many events and parties that Atria is always organizing. She goes to their movie every night and she has recently started to workout every day!
When mom is having a tough time, the staff is on top of it. They always keep me abreast of what is going on.
Mom has her ups and downs, sometimes she'll say she wants to "be in her own house". Though, after we take her out of Atria for a meal, a holiday or a visit elsewhere, she gets very anxious and agitated. She tells me "I want to go home, home where all my friends are". She literally can't wait to get back to Atria, because Atria is "Home".

From What My Siblings Tell Me

My mom is getting very caring and very interactive care from the staff. In the beginning the food was good but now my siblings tell me it is not a good as they thought. My mom is being social and participates with activities like morning exercising, painting class, and bingo.

Never go here!

This place is horrible and needs to shut down immediately. The community from the time you walk up smells disgusting and the community is kept very filthy. There is not enough staff to take care of the residents and the staff that is there are very bad. My loved one was neglected on many occasions and the head [Removed] was of no assistance to us. She just kept saying well this might not be the place for your loved one then. Never any kind of resolution for them not doing what they needed for the residents. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Kate Vance

Your comments are concerning to me and I'd like to know more about your experience. Would you mind emailing me directly at [removed]?

You Can't Judge A Book by Its Cover....

Solana looks like a Marriott hotel inside and it is supposed to give you the impression that everything there is first class, but it's really NOT! As a former nurse and employee in an assisted living/nursing home environment, they appear to be short-staffed here - especially on the weekends. This is evident when there was a fire drill and no one prepared our mother in advance or made sure she was out of her room - made us all wonder, did they even realize she was there? They certainly should have. Every Resident there should be accounted for in such an occurrence. We also have issues with the food and the dining room staff in particular - they are primarily 'kids' who do not know the meaning of the word professional and are poorly trained in customer service and a can-do attitude. Solana Management should address the need for appropriate training of the Food Service staff immediately. Food and the overall dining experience is a very important part of Residents' daily lives. As for the food itself, its covered in sauces or gravy and there is a real lack of healthy options - the vegetables are overcooked to mushiness and no real salad options for a salad lover like our Mom. Fried food is a not a favorite of the Residents either - occasionally but not regularly. We will be revisiting on a regular basis during mealtimes to monitor the level of service in the dining room as well as the quality of the food. This is not a cheap place to have our parent and we expect much better than what we have seen so far.

Kate Vance

Thanks for reaching out. Your comments are concerning to me, and I'll be sure to share this information with our local and regional leadership teams. If you’d like to this matter discuss in more detail, feel free to email me at [removed].

So Happy To Have Found Them

They have totally taken care of my brother and also helped me as a family member take care of a lot of difficult situations and the head of nursing is incredible. I feel as though we are being taken by family members and that is very helpful. I am so happy to have found them.

Beware... You pay for a nice atmosphere but service not up to par

Our family member has been a resident for several months and we have noticed significant employees turn over leaving us wondering what is really going on? They are always short staffed and the 10 min response time guarantee is not being adhered to however they will insist it is. They promise the world but can't deliver and not accommodating. Beware and don't be fooled by the esthetic.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your feedback. Atria’s commitment is to provide services that meet or exceed the expectations of our residents and their families. We’d love to connect with you to hear more about your comments. Would you please reach out to us at [removed]?

Wonderful place!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at The Solana Willistown! The facility itself is lovely, and always well kept and clean no matter when we visit. The entire staff is wonderful, they seem like they are so in-tune with Alzheimer's and dementia care. They're really great at engaging with the residents and keeping them active and involved. My loved one is doing fabulously here!

Seems like a nice place!

We toured this community while looking into care options for a love done. The Solana Willistown seemed like a nice place overall, although not the best fit for our loved one. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. Definitely worth a look if you're looking into care in the area!

Solana is a step above the competition

My siblings and I have been very happy with Solana. The facility, the staff and their care philosophy are all top-notch. They have made what could have been a very difficult transition for our mother (and us) very easy. Our mother has adjusted well to her new surroundings and is truly enjoying the interaction with other residents and the wonderful staff. She also raves about the food! The family is much more at ease knowing that Mom is in a safe environment and is participating in activities that will help her to maintain her physical and mental health. I would recommend Solana to anyone who is considering Assisted Living or a Memory Care Unit for themselves or a loved one.

Great Exprience

My family and I liked everything and my Mom liked it best of all. She signed up the same day that she saw the facility. Everything and everyone was very impressive. The best part was that my Mom did not even think she was ready to make the transition until she visited The Solana. We knew she was needing the make the move. She moves in, in a couple of weeks.

Love the Solana!!!

Our Mother was extremely resistant to moving out of her home and into an assisted living. The wonderful staff at the Solana helped us slowly help transition in the community by inviting her to have her hair done there, then inviting her to have lunch in their restaurant a few times, and even invited her to join in some of the activities. Mom finally agreed to move in for the "winter months". Now, she loves her new home and new friends she has made at the Solana. We could not be happier for our Mother.

Friendly, communicative staff!

Overall we've had a good experience with The Solana Willistown! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and they've got a lot to offer their residents. All of the staff we've worked with so far have been very friendly, and they are great about staying in touch with family members.

The Solana is doing a good job.

The Solana is doing a good job. It's clean, and they have had some changes in management so we are hoping somethings will improve. We aren't too keen on the physical therapy, or the dining. They had a lot of fried options, and not very many healthy selections. They would have one special option for the meal, and the stuff they always offer, and that's it. When they offer chicken it's always chicken breast, never legs or thighs. They just hired a new chef at the beginning of the year, so maybe the menu will get better. It's also a little more crowded than it used to be, perhaps they need to have a few more caregivers.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your input. We appreciate feedback from our residents and families as they can provide valuable insight as to how we can constantly improve, which is very important to us. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate directors and we also encourage you to reach out with any other suggestions you have or if we can be of further service to you. Please feel free to email us directly via [removed] and be sure to include “Solana Willistown” in your subject line so we may connect with you more quickly. We are here to help!

Overall we like the place, it's a beautiful place.

Our only concerns were with the pharmacy, a prescription that cost us $60 before, now costs $800. It's a nice clean place, her view is unbelievable. I really like it. It can be hard to find someone around on the weekends. The food is great and the activities are unbelievable. They don't fold the clothes, though, they just get tossed on the bed. The ladies call and send pictures of her and what she's doing. In the memory care area, they don't lock the doors so the residents will wander in and out of peoples rooms. Overall we like the place, it's a beautiful place.

My experience with The Solana Willist...

My experience with The Solana Willistown has been fantastic. We are very, very happy, and very, very comfortable with mom being there. The staff is incredibly patient and very professional. They all seem very invested in my mom's care. The facility is immaculate. It has a homey like feel to it. The food they provide is fantastic. I do wish they had a little more variety. They offer lots of activities. Activities are held every hour. The Solana Willistown is very impressive.

The staff is amazing! They really try...

The staff is amazing! They really try their best to accommodate every individual persons needs. I can't say enough about how they supported me with emails and phone calls about my family member. They are always available for questions and helpful information as needed.

Nice place, overall

We've had a good experience with The Solana Willistown overall. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the staff are all friendly and attentive. They take great care of their residents, and we would recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area.

the place to use!

Fantastic. They provide the guidance to assure the person is receiving the level of care needed. They help you in determining that level of care.
Great people to work with in every level.

Rooms to small plus too Pricey

Rooms to small plus too Pricey

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. Atria communities are known for offering a great dining experience and engaging activities. Most people who choose Atria are more interested in being active outside of their apartments, especially with winter coming. If we can answer any questions, please email [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line. And we hope that you will visit us again soon!

Atria Willistown offers an active lifestyle for southern Pennsylvania’s wisest older adults. Set on eight lush acres on the east side of historic Chester County, this senior living community has been thoughtfully designed to promote comfort and independence. Independent living and customizable supportive living options are available, as well as Atria’s forward-thinking Life Guidance® memory care program for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Atria Willistown is convenient to antique stores, parks, restaurants and shopping centers – and just 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. Amenities include multiple dining venues, a salon and barber shop, theater, library and creative arts studio, plus inviting common spaces for gathering with friends. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals and a variety of engaging events every day, including planned outings to local points of interest like the Longwood Gardens and the Paoli Battlefield Historical Park.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.