The Covington - Raleigh, NC

Stinky, dank with limited, poorly trained staff

Run, don't walk away from leaving anyone here. They do not provide a good standard of care, the place always stinks and nurse aids and techs are overworked as they don't staff enough or can't keep them. Residents are seated in a circle or just left at the elevators due to limited staffing and they stare at one another with little to no engagement. Just sitting and waiting to die in a stinky, dank environment.

Not a good fit

Even before we started our tour we realized that this was not the level of care my mother would need. I will say the staff member who did give us a tour also knew and understood why we would not have chosen this community for my mother and was kind enough to show us around anyway. It is a higher level care that is given to the residents in this community.

Staff Was Very Honest

We didn't even bother going to tour this community after speaking to the sales department. They were very honest with us and said that their community would not be a good fit for my mom for various reasons one being the level of care she needed exceeded what they could offer. I appreciated them being so honest

We found a patient hiding while on our tour

On my tour of this community, while they were showing me an empty room, I commented on how messy the bed was and when the staff member showing me the room went to straighten it up she found a patient hiding under the covers that no one had reported missing. The residents were not interacting with one another and it felt very unwelcoming. They did have a nice outside area that was secured so that the residents who could walk would be safe out there. I would never move my wife here.

Not the right fit

Very old, tired looking. Needed something more up to my mom's standards.

A good community

The administration responds to my requests in a timely manner. They did say that they do accommodate residents dietary needs, however I did have to speak to them as this was not being done when my loved one first moved in. I like the activities they offer and the community is very well taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff have been very accommodating to my loved one since she made the move into this community. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place for there loved one. I like that they all have great communication with me and are responsive with all of my needs. My mother has been eating well and the staff have been encouraging her to participate in activities throughout the day with the other residents.

Not a bad place

The staff at The Covington are nice and helpful. Dad likes the food, however he does wish there was a wider variety of choices. They do not offer a lot of activities. The community seems clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community for residents that are not looking for a very active community.

A home for care

We toured this community. the staff was nice and caring. We liked that cleanliness of the community. The residents seem to be active with the variety of activities. The staff is care and very nice. We ould recommend this care and [Removed] for others.

Nice facility, clean and everyone was helpful. My mother needs more interactions with people, the people there from what we saw are not aware enough to interact. Not a good fit.

A nice community.

This is a nice clean community. They seem to be taking pretty good care of my wife. They help her with her personal needs and encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities. She seems to like the food. They help her with her medication and I would recommend this community.

My initial impression of this facilit...

My initial impression of this facility was mixed. I arrived to find 2 or 3 employees chatting and eating in the reception area - they did ask how they could help me and called for my tour guide then turned their attention back to the conversation. There is an elevator to the Assisted Living floor and when we exited there were a group of about 10 residents in chairs and wheelchairs and various states of awareness clustered in the hallway. I asked if they were there because they had to be or wanted to be, and was told that they like to sit there and see who comes off the elevator. I was also concerned that there was an odor of urine and mentioned it to my tourguide, who said that its just really difficult to completely get rid of the smell. The rooms and furnishings were sparse but adequate and I did meet the physical therapist who was very friendly - its a plus that both occupational and physical therapy are available onsite.

Medicaid Accepted

Medicaid Accepted

The Covington is an assisted living & memory care community located in Raleigh, NC. Raleigh is the capital of NC and is known as the “City of Oaks” for its many oak trees, which line the streets in the heart of the city. Raleigh is also home to numerous cultural, educational, and historical sites. The Covington offers a homey and caring environment for all of their residents.
Here at The Covington, each member of our community enjoys the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Our valued residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired. Residency includes a complete array of services and accommodations.