Brookdale North Raleigh - Raleigh, NC

Brookdale North Raleigh - Raleigh, NC has yet not published prices.

The place had a distinct order. The patients were just sitting around. Not much to do. Activities was shared with me, but nothing was going on for the residents. Maybe because it was a weekend. Everyone was either in a wheel chair or walker. This community was definitely not for me right now.

My wife and I liked the community. Saw large studio (workable) and small 1 bedroom (liked it). Meals included - meal selection seemed great, but nothing to compare it to yet. They said they stay at or close to full occupancy. Was impressed that they found a corner in the activities room for a new resident's equipment (he was making a violin). Planning to go back with my mother for a visit once I have visited some other places. They do not have assisted living, but do offer some scheduled, "assisted living"-type services on an "a la carte" basis.

I selected Brookdale as it meets my needs in an area I like.

Feels like a [Removed]

I am not happy with this facility. This place feels so gloomy, dark, and honestly morbid. It feels and looks like a [Removed]. This facility is really big but all of the hallways are really narrow. When I was moving my Mother out of here, you couldn’t even get around anyone in the halls. You would have to find a corner to tuck into to let people by. This place is a nightmare. I wasn’t happy with any aspect of this place. When I went to the pool with my mom, the lighting was so dark we couldn’t even see the steps. The water itself was murky and looked dirty. Everything here is low quality. The rooms here I would describe as living in a closet. The final straw that I had was the day I was moving my mom out. The buzz going around the building is that the staff just found another resident who had been dead for 3 days. There is no reason why this should happen. There are buttons that you have to press in the morning to say you are awake and if you don’t press them, the staff is supposed to check on you. I would not recommend this facility.

Pleased With This Community

This is a good community, and my mother is doing well with her move here. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. I know she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is great, and they have been great to work with. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. I'am pleased with everything they have done for our family.

Wonderful Community

This is a fantastic community, and my mother is doing very well since her move here. Everything has worked out very well, it is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends. They have a lovely staff, and they have been very helpful whenever needed. The community, and her room are well-kept when I visit. They offer good activities, and provide nice meals for the residents. She is safe, and in good hands in this community. I'am pleased with everything they have done us.

I have had no problems

The staff here at Brookdale have been great. The physical therapists are awesome. My loved one has only been here a short time and so far things have been good. The food smells good and my loved one says it is awesome. My loved one has gone out on an outing and they are starting to make friends. They seem to take care of the community.

Outstanding care and value

We like this community. The staff is caring and attentive to my mom's needs. The menu seems to be good.My mom is enjoying some of the activities that are offered. We like the value and the care environment. We would recommend this community for the good care and the excellent value for a loved one.

Apt's are on the small size

I had a very nice tour here, The community and the grounds were well kept and the staff were very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. The residents seem to like living here as well. The apartments seemed a bit on the small side and I would have to arrange for more assistance for my wife with her daily activities than what is available here.

Very Pleased With My Move To This Community

I'am really enjoying my time here in this community. It is a wonderful place with very kind people. I'am eating very well, and having a great time in this community. The manager is great, he listens to the residents about what they want. He meets with all the residents once a month. It has been wonderful experience for me since my move to this community. I would absolutely recommend this community to my family, and friends.

Care for mom

We toured this community for care. We liked the staff who were nice. We liked the menu of the variety of meals that are offered. They do offer a nice variety of activities and they have an indoor swimming pool that we would have liked have the opportunity for it to be helpful for care. We would suggest that families tour this nice community for the care of a loved one.

Brookdale Raleigh is an excellent choice.

Brookdale is Raleigh is excellent. It is clean, nurturing and very friendly. The food is world class and the staff is very helpful.

Review of Brookdale North Raleigh - Raleigh, NC

Older but well cared for. Like my folks. Friendly staff and residents. Large windows. No smell. Decent food. A little more expensive but I think you get what you pay for...

Parents like apartment and complex very much. Residents very happy with the services and seem to be quite independent and active. Mom states "it all seems to be too good to be true but it is actually true". 2 bed is out of their price range and we are encouraging them to look at large 1 bed and think of the apartment as their bed/den with many large areas within the building. Not there yet. Parents have put a $250 deposit down on 2 bed/2 bath on 4th floor. Are going to MI for summer. Family friends state they are talking about place and options often. 5/15

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well overall with The Heritage of Raleigh, both myself and my loved one have been completely satisfied. My loved one started off on a short respite stay, intending to search for other options in the area, but she liked it enough here that she decided to stay! The staff here is very friendly, and the facility itself is always well kept and clean.

Caring and patient sales person. Cont...

Caring and patient sales person. Continued email contact through transition period. Wish the rooms were a little more upgraded including providing a microwave in the kitchenette. Pretty good value overall.

From the words of a resident

My personal experience at The Heritage Raleigh has been very rewarding for the past 6-1/2 years. Instead of narrowing my focus, it has expanded my horizon. Before coming here, I have never painted before. Now, thanks to the latent talent and a good teacher, I enjoy painting each week. I have expanded my repertoire of playing the piano to the point where I can entertain the residents.

Moreover, thanks to a wonderful staff, I enjoy a peace of mind that I did not have before coming here and that is having a positive effect on my overall health. My family is very appreciative of the harmonious atmosphere created by the staff.

For all these reasons I can highly recommend The Heritage Raleigh as an Independent Living Community.

It’s a very welcoming community.

It’s a very welcoming community. Our loved one says the food is good. It’s the right mix of activities to meet different needs. We’re very happy with them. Everything is clean and the staff is friendly.

A great independent living place to live!

My Mom has lived at The Heritage since 2001 and loves it. The staff are wonderful and it brings me great comfort to know that when I am out of town there are always people who are paying attention to how she is doing. The Physical Therapy group (including occupational and speech therapy) in particular are absolutely amazing! The staff AND the residents have a reputation as being one of the friendliest places in Raleigh. The food is great (with a lot of choices on the menu) and while they provide breakfast and dinner, and on Sunday there's a terrific brunch buffet, there is lunch available for purchase at the café for those who are interested.
There are many different activities ranging from bingo to Tai Chi to bridge, a Heritage Chorus, and a "Jeopardy!" team. There are frequent entertainment programs, dances and Friday "mix and mingle" activities. In addition, The Heritage participates in a program called "Wish of A Lifetime" that is like "Make a Wish" for kids. It's across all of the Brookdale communities throughout the country, but several residents at the Heritage of Raleigh have had their wishes fulfilled. My Mom's wish was one of the wishes granted this year. For her it was a life-changing experience.
For those looking for a place for one or both parents, I recommend the Heritage unless your parent has cognitive impairment or requires significant healthcare. The focus here is on independent living. Altho' healthcare and activities-of-daily-living assistance is available, this is not really an assisted living facility nor a skilled nursing care facility.

Enjoyed the lunch and learn...

Enjoyed the lunch and learn talk. Talk very informative. Not that impressed with food. Tour director very friendly, and listen to us well. Facility felt crowded and chaotic. Social activities seemed to be a strong quality of this facility. More interested in a smaller facility, somewhat calmer. Highest price one we saw not all meals included, but all utilities covered.

Life Altering Change

Several years ago after my father passed away, my mother was dealing with some health issues and could no longer remain in the home they had shared for a lifetime. It was a difficult time and so very hard for mom to leave her home. Coming to the Heritage was a blessing! Mom started off in assisted living and within three months she had moved into independent living where she still lives today. I was amazed how quickly she regained her independence and how much the quality of her life changed in such a short time. I attribute this to the excellent care and outstanding staff provided at the Heritage. Today my mom is healthy and happy........and so am I!

I liked the property but th...

I liked the property but the costs are high. They provide breakfast daily, no lunch, and only 20 dinners a month. It might be a consideration if nothing else works.

Liked having the pool on si...

Liked having the pool on site. Not sure it fit mom's personlity. Many activities.

Excellent community and Tam...

Excellent community and Tammy provided a wealth of information and the tour of the community was great. This community is in our top 5 also.

Great activities and communication

They do a great job here, I'd give them 5s across the board! I really the the variety of activities they've got, I think they're great at engaging the residents and keeping them entertained and active. I also really appreciate all the effort they put into communicating with the families of the residents, and how they try to get the families involved in holiday events.

Not ideal apartments

It was nice but they didn't have a two bedroom available at the time. I didn't like the fact that there weren't washer and dryers inside the apartment amd it was smaller.

Everything's good!

Unfortunately he doesn't get involved in a thing, but that's not their fault. It looks like, for someone who wants to get involved, there's a lot of things for them to do. I like everything, I understand the food's great, it's always clean, I go in there once or twice a week and it's where I would want to go if the time came.
They had a little deal going and he gets it for life, he has a little studio and some extra care. There might be more women here and of course he says they're all old but we're working on getting him to do more.

Has more available services and staff involvement

There's just a couple of issues of communication between departments but overall, it's a lvoely facility and my mom is very happy there. From everything I've seen, they're clean, the public areas are clean, overall her room is good. People throughout the facility have different housekeepers, she's in the independent living part so she has a housekeeper that comes in weekly and she particularly is not great but I do know other people are very happy with theirs. The staff is very friendly and helpful, we had a wonderful experience with their sales rep., Anne Marie, who was great from beginning to end and she continues to touch base with me and my mother. A lady who is part of just kind of the overall therapy group talked to my mother to make her aware of the classes and thigns she could take, cognitive therapy if we felt that could be helpful for my mother. We haven't quite taken advantage of it but the staff member was extremely helpful to my mother. I have to say the concierge, the young woman, Emily, she's wonderful as are most people there. My mother is paying a little more, but there are more services, she has a much bigger apartment and the most important thing is the staff involvement and the services available to her.

They excel at everything

My mom likes The Heritage of Raleigh. We are able to visit her there weekly and would rate them highly on cleanliness and friendliness.

The size of the living quarters are nice.

The reason I choose “The Heritage of Raleigh” for my mom is that it has a good location. The size of the living quarters are nice and they have activities to help keep everyone occupied.

VERY upscale, 'enriched l...

VERY upscale, 'enriched life style.' No costs given, little accent on progressive care.

4/12/2013 visited The Heritage. Tour ...

4/12/2013 visited The Heritage. Tour conducted by Anne Marie Rawls. Residents very friendly and they all expressed how much they enjoyed the activities, the other residents and the staff. The day we visited they were having 'Casino Night' for the residents and there was lots of participation by the residents and the staff (chef, executive director, maintenance mgr, etc) were 'dealers' at each table. They were interacting with the residents beautifully and there was lots of laughing and comraderie.

My mother did not like this facility ...

My mother did not like this facility - it had a smokey odor when entering the building and she didn't like the fact the w/d were not in the apartment. And the apartment was to small.

A good possibility

A good possibility

Like the pool feature. Staff very hel...

Like the pool feature. Staff very helpful. More expensive one bedroom available now. Mom can stay as guest free up to three days to try out the culture of bld.

Brookdale North Raleigh is an exceptional senior care community offering independent living services for seniors in North Raleigh, North Carolina. Ideally located in the Research Triangle and the capital city of Raleigh, North Carolina, our community offers residents a high quality of life in a peaceful community with convenient access to the amenities of Raleigh. Raleigh is well-renowned for its high quality of life, ranked as one of the best places to live in America, one of the best place in America for health and happiness and one of the best places for bargain retirement homes.

Our independent living community offers hassle-free and carefree living with personalized care services. Brookdale North Raleigh is a vibrant community with engaged residents who enjoy participating in our robust activities schedule and frequent excursions.

Brookdale North Raleigh is a resort-like community with all the comforts of home. Services and amenities offered at Brookdale North Raleigh include:

Restaurant-style dining
Flat linen and housekeeping services
Concierge services
24-hour emergency response system
Indoor swimming pool and whirlpool spa
Billiards and game room
Fitness room to encourage a healthy lifestyle