Sunrise of Raleigh - Raleigh, NC

Very Pleased With Our Experience

Putting aside that we know people who have either worked here or lived here we toured this community and we were very impressed with it. Mom is doing quite well since moving here. She is starting to do some of the activities but she is enjoying the residents more. The food is passable not great but not horrible. The staff is very nice and friendly very accommodating. It helps when you have insiders view to a community to determine if it will be a good fit or not.

Not The Right For My Wife, And Her Needs

From our experiences in this community so far, I do not think this is the right fit for my wife. I was under the impression they were able to provide total level of care for her, and her needs. They made some promises they not followed through with. She needs skilled nursing, and they are not able to provide that level of care. I would say the assisted living portion of the community is nice. I would recommend that side, but not if you need any higher level of care.

A bit pricey...

This facility was nice. However, we did not choose this facility because they did not offer a deal as good as the facility we chose. The rooms in the facility are also semi private, and we preferred to give my mother a private room.

A good tour

This was a very nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice and friendly. They do offer some nice amenities and daily activities. This community just did not seem like the right fit for my loved one.

They have good meals!

I would give the staff a high mark, they are helping my father out with his move. He has been there for a little over a month now. There are a variety of activities available for when he is ready to join, and the food appears to be very good. The facility is clean and it has been a good experience so far.

We toured this community when looking for my mother. It was a clean community with a friendly staff. I didn't choose this community because I didn't like the layout of the rooms. It looked like they took a suit and made them two bedrooms.It was also an additional charge to have a larger
room. Overall it was a favorable impression

Nice community but didn't offer needed.

We toured this community when looking for my mother. It was very clean with a friendly staff. I didn't like that they had a large amount of independent residents. I felt she would get the care she needs at another community.

To far!

The people here were really nice and very helpful when we went to look around. The community was clean and nice looking. We also got to see the residents doing things and they seemed to be happy. Just the distance would have been the problem.

Top pick!

This community was great. The staff was outstanding and really took the time to make sure that all of our concerns were addressed. The community was clean and free of smells which we liked. I wanted my husband to go here, but there was no room.

Beautiful place!

This was a very nice community. The people were great and helped out. The only thing that got us was the cost it was way to expensive for what we wanted. They also offered way more things than my husband needed.

A Bigger Environment

When I saw this community I liked that it was a nice place, since moving in my husband is doing fine. It is maintained and clean. The staff are friendly and respectful. He eats and enjoys every lunch, it is really good, and alternative and substitution are available. The dining experience is all good. He has tried a few activities and he is enjoying them. I would recommend this community.

Very friendly, well staffed, clean, like it very much.

Friendly, helpful. As in any Assisted Living things get missed placed or taken. Over all things are good.

Sunrise Senior Living

Homelike environment

The community felt "at home" as soon as I walked in the door. The layout is very homey rather than institutional. Cozy areas, fireplace, comfy chairs and a huge wrap around porch to enjoy all the greenery and gardens. The staff are warm and welcoming. It is small enough so that staff get to know all the residents in the community. I like that the residents pick and choose activities and have a say in the planning. This is a great place for my Mom.

This community felt like a nursing home.

Review of Sunrise of Raleigh - Raleigh, NC

Excellent visit. Facility is a bit dated but is very nice - bright and happy feel. Staff members I met were very professional. I learned many have long tenures which speaks to the companys philosophy. Strongly considering this option. Only concern is lack of parking space. Had to park on street off on shoulder which doesnt seem very safe.

Sad but true

Staff are nowhere to be found, the building is filthy, the director could care less about families! Do NOT move anyone you love here.

Everything is working out well.

Everything is working out well. It's a nice facility, nice people they are doing a good job. They are wonderful. We liked the location, it was easy for us to get to.

Do your job!

They have some great people here but they are understaffed. They say they are not but then they will be 2 aides down because they didn't show. Managers do not step up to help. So they over work the ones that are there and things do not get done.
They will throw a big party but not have staff to help them to the bathroom.
To me you are only as good as your top people and they seem not to want to get in and help.
Activities can be great one week but not much the next. Just because it is on the sheet doesn't mean it will happen. This happens often and not much happens on the weekends.
Rooms are different sizes, many are small with bathrooms being way too small !! They never thought of wheelchairs.
I will say the food is pretty good.
The managers are the ones that need to get off their butt and do a better job!

Review for Sunrise of Raleigh in Raleigh, NC

The employees at Sunrise of Raleigh truly cared for my mother. They were friendly, thoughful and took wonderful care of her. She loved the many activities. The nurses and caregivers were great.

Wonderful experience

Everyone was very nice and friendly! Activities and nurse care were great.

Care for loved one with dementia

My father was treated with love and respect at Sunrise of Raleigh. I was very impressed with the number of activities planned throughout the day to keep him busy and engaged. The staff kept me informed of any changes in his health or behavior.

Great place!

We love this place for my mother. It was a very easy transition for her. The staff are so kind, caring, loving and helpful. My mom stays very busy with all the great activites they have. We highly recommend it.

Very nice folks. This place...

Very nice folks. This place is out of our comfortable price range for what we need.

Nice facility, good locatio...

Nice facility, good location. Small and homey

The community was very pretty. Would...

The community was very pretty. Would have liked to have the entire tour, but the person who gave the tours was out sick and the dining room director gave us the tour. He was nice, but could not answer all of our questions and we felt that we missed out on a lot of information available on the community.

Too expensive for level of care needed.

Too expensive for level of care needed.

This place was really nice but too sm...

This place was really nice but too small so not really anoption right now.

Loved this place, clean, nice staff, ...

Loved this place, clean, nice staff, nice rooms, did not provide furniture.

i loved it on the recheck list. small...

i loved it on the recheck list. small not too complicated