Elmcroft of Northridge - Raleigh, NC

Elmcroft of Northridge is conveniently nestled in the heart of North Raleigh. Here you will find gracious living in a cozy setting, while the hustle and bustle of the capital city is just miles away. World-class performing arts, museums, fine dining, shopping, beautiful parks and southern hospitality are just some of the reasons over one million people call Raleigh, NC and the Triangle area home.

Elmcroft of Northridge, a Raleigh assisted living and Alzheimer' Care community offering accommodations for those who may require assistance in their daily living activities. It is staffed 24 hours a day with trained healthcare personnel and offers as much or as little care as a resident may want or need. In addition, Elmcroft of Northridge has a licensed Health Care Director on call 24 hours a day.

Elmcroft of Northridge features a full sprinkler system and each apartment is equipped with an emergency call system that may be used whenever the need arises. In addition, all exterior doors may be locked so that a secure environment can be maintained.

Do Not Recommend Elm Croft at Northridge

Awful place! My relative was in the memory care and it's not well staffed, everyone is new including management. They don't follow up with requests, they don't give the residents baths and they don't offer activities. I was told they were in-between activity directors - for months?! They charge a high rate for inexperience support, please don't put your love one here!

Not impressed

I was not impressed at all with the way this community looked. The hall ways were long and dark and I did not see many of the residents out of their apartments. I just did not feel that my wife would be a good fit here as she is still very active and likes to be around people she can talk with.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review and feedback.  Our priority at Elmcroft of Northridge is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents.  We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.  Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

They were Acceptable

They did great for the time they were used. The staff were good for the most part. Towards the end they were not as good. There were visitors seeing that he was not well and they told the nurse but it took some time until they checked on them.

My husbands care and comfort

The care at this community is outstanding. The staff have made him feel at home. I am happy with the care that my husband is receivng. The menu is very good and a outstanding and I have enjoyed the meals with him . I like knowing that he is happy with the activitires and he likes alot of the music. The staff are working on getting him more involved. I would highly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families .

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Son of a resident.

My sister and I are very pleased with the staff. They are great to our mother and Mom loves the way the staff treats her. She always says they are so good and respectful to her.
She also says the food preparation and the cleanliness far exceeded her expectations.

We are very pleased with Elmcroft and [removed], [removed] and [removed] have done a great job with our Mom. We have already referred 3 potential residents to Elmcroft and we will refer more when the need arises.

Thanks very much to Elmcroft and their fine and caring staff.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your mom here.

Dad is Well

My father is doing well at this community. He is safe, and in receiving great care. The staff is very good. The community looks great, everything is very well-kept. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Really nice place!

We really liked this community. the staff was very nice and accommodating with us. We got to see the rooms and the dining area. Everything seemed real nice and kept up. We just thought that it was a little bit further than we wanted dad.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

The tour was very thorough. It made us feel a lot better about bringing our parents to this facility. Robyn was very helpful and caring.

Very Kind To Us, Our Tour Went Well

My tour was a this community was a nice one. Everyone was very welcoming and kind. The staff was very friendly and informative. The community appeared to be well-kept, everything I saw looked great. It was a nice experience. They treated my husband and I very well. This is a nice place.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. It is important to us to make sure our residents feel at home.

Lot's to keep busy!

The staff here is great and they are very helpful and friendly. What I really like about the place though is the community and the different things that they have going on for the residents. The food is good and the community is kept clean.

More fun!

The staff here is great and I feel that they really care about my loved one. The staff is very interactive with family when they come in and keep you up to date. The memory care unit can use extra staff to make sure that the residents are being taken care of. I also would like to see what activities they have to offer because every time I go there is never anything going on.

I was really impressed with Elmcroft. Robyn took a lot time to answer all my questions. The facility is clean and well kept. The activities director does a great job with outings. I like the 3 graduated levels of care offered.

Caring Staff!!

I really like that the staff takes care of my concerns. If there is a problem they get right on it and fix it. The communication is great they always call me. The staff is really nice and make sure my loved ones needs are met. Their meals look really good and nutritious. I feel that my loved one is receiving the proper care he needs. At the moment he is not active in activities but they are offered.

My mom is happy at this home

Good place to live. My mom likes the food. My mother said that the staff is helpful with all her needs. The grounds are clean, but there is a weird odor in her room. My mom is not in activities at this time, but will see what is available later.

Overall Pleased

My mom has only been at Elmcroft for little over a week. I have visited several times and I find the other residents to be very friendly and social. I see mom talking and interacting with several of them. The staff appears very friendly and caring. She was in a different home (Sunrise of North Hills) and did not do well at all and they were much more expensive-would not give them a good review for several reasons). She appears very at ease and happy here. My only complaint so far would be the cleanliness of the restrooms (both in her room and outside room) and the urine smell which has been very present in her room every time (even with all the air fresheners I placed in there). Guess it bothers me more than it does the residents.

Review of Elmcroft of Northridge - Raleigh, NC

I visited Elmcroft yesterday and found it to be very nice

Very Caring and Compassionate

My mom has been at Elmcroft two weeks and I have nothing but good things to say. I have found the staff to be very caring and compassionate and encourage ones to participate in activities.

Mixed experience

We used Elmcroft for a brief respite stay for my loved one, and had somewhat of a mixed experience. The facility itself was nice looking, and everyone was very friendly. However, my loved one fell while she was here (which I know is just something that can happen at her age), but the aides that were attending her at the time did not know the proper procedures and I wasn't even notified of her fall until much later. I spoke with the director and was assured they were going to retrain all of their staff in how to properly handle situations like this in the future.

Title? Why? Read the review.

I already wrote a review. I guess nobody received it. I complained that Elmcroft staff needs communication skills in relaying problems to family members, particularly when telling of accidents, illness, etc. Protocols need to be solidly in place and new staff taught before, not after accidents or injuries occur. I'm thinking the good, old, who, what, when, where, why and how, model we were all taught in school would help here.Secondly, accounting should be itemized. I was stunned to receive a bill for one month that was almost 10K. How was this incurred?????
On the other hand, staff is sweet and caring. That's what I'm concentrating on.

Nice home for mom

Very helpful and caring staff
They quickly learn everyone's names in the famy and make you feel welcome and at home

Hoping to move Mom here

I only toured, mostly the memory care area. Smelled clean, looked bright, prices reasonable & staff seemed cheerful enough. A lot more residents were up & about than in a lot of other places I visited. I would have liked to see more memory activities - memento boxes, vocational simulation stations, etc.

work on engaging the residents

The only thing I would say that needs improving at Elmcroft of Northridge is they need to work on engaging the residents more. All in all they are pretty good at this facility and I am pleased.

They have done a pretty good job.

They have done a pretty good job. They are taking pretty good care of him. He is getting a little depressed though, because they don't really do the activities on the memory care side. He doesn't have anyone to talk to and it's very depressing. It's a nice facility. I do like the fact that they lock the closets, so it keeps the mix ups of clothes down to a minimum.

Enjoyed my tour of Elmcroft with Mandy Chalk. Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Recently renovated, clean, odor-free facility. Nice extra touches like the walking track between assisted living and memory care buildings; Gallery of Honor (collage for each new resident veteran); Gallery of Excellence (photos highlighting staff that reached training milestones) and Second Wind Dreams (a program where staff do something special for one resident a month such as a trip to the beach, symphony, concert, etc.) CareTracker system helps staff track, measure and continually improve daily task completion. Assessment determines level of care needed which determines daily rate times the number of days in the month. Daily rate includes 3 meals (portion control and monthly weigh-in), snacks, housekeeping, laundry once a week, 3 showers a week, medication dispensation, activities. Extras may include monthly nail service, beautician, cable, phone, cost of medications and doctor bills. Physician comes onsite weekly. PT, OT and speech services available from Legacy (if ordered by Medicare B). Home healthcare and hospice can also be called in. Limited medicaid spaces may be available after a period of private pay. Appears to be a great value for the amenities/cost.

Glad were gone!

Thankfully, we just moved my mother out of this place after being there for 3yrs! She went in with dementia but walking and left overmedicated in a cationic state, in a wheelchair. She had never had so many UTI's in her life based on the lack of care. The activates were lack there of, the value is poor and it always smells like urine!

Nice looking place

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This appeared to be a nice enough place, although everything here felt a bit old and worn. The staff were friendly and helpful, although they did seem a bit overworked and understaffed. My loved one needed a lot of movement assistance and during my tour they looked like they might be too busy to handle that.

5 Stars - Excellent

Elmcroft of Northridge has been a wonderful transition for my Mother under difficult circumstances. Tonya and her staff exhibit genuine care, guidance, and support not only to the residents but family as well. Staff is friendly, cooperative, and well versed for the smooth operation of the facility: Excellent choice for my Mother & family alike.

In Good Hands

My husband has only been at Elmcroft for a week and has not yet settled down. However, the staff has been wonderful and has met all my needs to date. My husband is currently being evaluated to ensure his medications are correct and he has also been sent for physiotherapy. I have been requested not to visit until my husband settles down; however the staff keeps me apprised of how he is doing. Also I have been told to call whenever I wish.

clean great relatioship wit...

clean great relatioship with staff and residents very friendly remodling too far away from Greensboro, NC

Much better for my mom

She's really enjoying it, well, I wouldn't say she's really enjoying it but she's adjusting to it nicely. The staff has been awesome, I haven't had any complaints about anything, I've been there for a couple of meals, it's probably a 4, it's not bad but she would like it to be more of the country cooking she's always prepared but that's too much salt and too much fat.
They're busy, they went down to Wrightsville Beach last week. Does she like being there versus being home? No, but she has more activities, they have activities there daily and she goes to a lot of them. She goes to church there on Sundays now which is nice, she's getting accustomed to it.
This felt more like my mother, the demographic of the people there, the age range and frankly, the staff I found to be more accepting. It wasn't just a job to them, they really wanted to be there.

Very nice facility. Friendly staff. R...

Very nice facility. Friendly staff. Rooms are small but nice with shared bathroom. Extra fee for medication management. Multiple planned activities and activity rooms available. Nice dining room.

Nice place. One room only so won't w...

Nice place. One room only so won't work for her right now but maybe inthe futue.

I visited Elmcroft of Northridge and...

I visited Elmcroft of Northridge and liked it. Director showed me around. The facility appeared clean, the staff seemed to be friendly and caring, but it is a large facility

Nice and big. Smells a little like a ...

Nice and big. Smells a little like a nursing home, but not bad. Great location. Walking loop! 3 sections for different levels of care. Really nice dining room, like Independence Village. Friendly staff. Not as integrated. Mom would feel more comfortable there. Monthly (or quarterly?) assessments for levels of functioning and care needed - BIG bonus.