Not happy with the care

Very sad...a beautiful place but treated us poorly once they received our deposit...my Mom was there for a month and they decided to suddenly change her living situation claiming her condition changed the almost doubled the prices...very snobby place....way overpriced...they really dont care for the residents only interested in money

I liked our tour at Walton Woods!!

This is a gorgeous community. They offer independent living, assisted living and memory care. Each floor had staffing and cameras. This community was a little to expensive for us. The person we spoke to went out of her way to help us.

This community markets well. What you see is not reality however. The long list of activities are a rarity and what is offered is not quality - just time fillers. . A pop in visit and not a scheduled visit would provide a clearer picture.

Not impressed

My loved one lived here for a time, and I was just not impressed with Waltonwood. They're a very expensive community, and I just don't feel like what they provide justifies the price. I think you're mostly paying for the amenities like the pool and the movie theater, but whenever I visited my loved one I almost never saw anyone using these! One of my biggest issues was that there was always a noticeable odor when I would visit. The food also could have been much better for what the residents were paying.

All that glitters is not gold

For a high end facility, the food is simply awful. The choices are poor and repetitious. The food is very salty and lacking in taste. Often times it is simply inedible. The best meal they offer is Sunday Brunch. Be aware if you are testing out the facility's meal on a Sunday it is not reflective of the weekday meals. I find I supplement my mother's meals with food from home as she does not go down for dinner very often. What a waste of money. Meetings with the kitchen manager have yielded no change in the quality of the food. Buyer beware.

excellent

The best thing that Waltonwood has done really well has been to get people around mom. The overall experience has been positive and the main reason for that has been because of the friends mom has been able to make there. Mom was a little hesitant and worried at first about what the experience would be like, but it has gone really well.

The only area they might could improve would be the meals. There are only two meals served during the day time, and I would love to see three good decent meals served throughout the day.

Its just wonderful and I absolutely love it here!

Lets start with the atmosphere, when you walk in you just feel like you are in a very serene place. Everybody looks so happy. The activities director is great and keeps everyone busy. We love to play cards! Its just wonderful and I absolutely love it here!

SAVE YOUR MONEY! Go elsewhere!

This place is horrible! All they are concerned about is MONEY! The management is VERY unprofessional. Especially Lisa Good and Tameka Alexander. It's just covered up by good decoration. The pipes bust and flood once a month. This place was built up entirely too fast and it's not properly maintained! Don't be fooled and don't waste your money! They hire anybody, people with felonies and all! If you care about your parents, RUN the other way!

Waltonwood Senior Living

I am sorry that you feel this way. We complete background checks and fingerprinting on all new associates prior to offering employment. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss your concerns. [removed].

1 time community fee=1 mo.r...

1 time community fee=1 mo.rent +$500 2nd person fee p/mo. 1 yr lease/2 meals p/day $40 p/mo. cable

Very Nice Facility and People

That was a very nice facility. The only deciding factor for that was traffic for dad to drive through to visit mom. It was not very conveniently located for us. The staff was very nice and very friendly. They did have good activities, probably comparable to other places.

The cleanliness is excellent, I guess...

The cleanliness is excellent, I guess the care is everything that could be expected. The only thing they could improve on is the food. Sometimes it's not as hot as it could be, sometimes certain things aren't prepared well, like my sister says the ham is always tough and the bean soup, you'd be lucky to get a bean. She is just growing into activities now, there's a lot to do she just has to get out and do it, but she's getting used to this lifestyle. I would say they provide the information on activities, I don't think there's a whole lot of encouragement. I guess they have what they call captains, experienced peeople there who try to get them involved. I think she's enjoying it, she's running around and buying new furniture now.

Looked like it would have been nice

It's a beautiful facility but they didn't have any openings for the apartment my mother wanted and they said she could move into one of their available ones and then when something opens up she could move into that one but we didn't want to move her and then move her again. It's beautiful and she liked the layout of the particular apartment and we met several people as we toured that actually just came up to us and we saw a list of their acitivites. In fact, the day we went they had taken a group down to the beach so there were quite a few residents who weren't even there. Just from what we saw and the folks we talked to it seemed like a great place.

Newer, nice and fresh; wish mom would let them help more

They're doing a really good job I think, some of it may be just the fact that my mother sometimes denies help, maybe when they try to help her with certain things I think she just says she'll do it herself or something but they're helpful. She's been doing some activities but she has macular degeneration real bad, so she can't particiapte in all of it. Usually on Thursdays they have somebody come in to do a music program and she's really enjoying that. The food is really good (4), some things are better than others but overall it's good. When we first sat down with them and talked about things that they needed to help my mother with we talked about maybe helping her with bathing, I think they have tried but maybe just being a little more persistant with trying to help her. The thing I liked better at Waltonwood was you actually have a little apartment, you have a living room, a bathroom and a kitchenette, it's more like home and it's also a little bit of a newer facility.

Seemed Nice

We only went there for a tour and didn't know any people that lived there. We didn't get much of a chance to speak with any of the staff other than the girl who showed us around but it was clean and seemed nice enough. It seemed like a place to consider.

Great Community

Waltonwood is a really nice community. They had a lot to offer and really seemed like it was the place we would like to move our loved ones into. They provide the residents name tags so it makes it easy to identify them. They have a lot of activities and a pool on the community. It is a little more expensive then surrounding communities but it is really worth the money. Would really like to move loved one in here but they do not want to move to NC.

Just Fantastic

We chose Waltonwood because of how clean the community is and how friendly the staff is. They are just fantastic. The community is exceptionally clean and everyone that we talked to was just so friendly. They try and keep the residents as active as they can. The do not try to medicate heavily to not deal with the residents but rather only medicate them when they need it and with minimal medications. The community is just beautiful and we are very pleased with our choice. We would recommend it to anyone looking for their loved one.

Too expensive even for all ...

Too expensive even for all the bells/whistles, which don't matter to my parents.

Loved this.

Loved this.

When only the best will do…Look to Waltonwood for Luxurious Senior Living which redefines retirement living! At Waltonwood, our goal is not to be just another Senior Community. But rather, our goal is to ensure each resident and family member is treated with dignity and respect while striving to exceed their expectations. We are committed to providing a “Tradition of Excellence” in everything we do for our residents and their families and to go beyond their expectations. Waltonwood provides the utmost in independence and lifestyle with our communities’ warm surroundings, comfortable amenities, and our caring staff’s personalized services. Waltonwood is all about choice…from luxurious Independent Living cottages and apartments with optional services…to Assisted Living apartments for those needing more customized services…to Dementia/Alzheimer's Care with specialized assistance for those with cognitive impairment. Waltonwood Communities are developed, built, and managed by Singh – a family owned and operated builder/developer that has been providing premier residential housing for more than 30 years. Each Waltonwood Community combines unique architecture, professionally landscaped grounds with scenic courtyards and walking trails, professional services, and staff to create a beautiful, warm, homelike environment for all our residents.