The Courtyard At Lakewood - Lakewood, CO

I don't feel it would bea good fit for my mother in law.
I didn't like the area. The building is an old converted Marriott Courtroom. They purchased it 30 years ago and I have to say some of the carpet in the halls and the "basement" looks at least that old. The residents rooms are small, the living area are dark, the kitchens have very old cabinet and stoves. There isn't any dishwashers. When we went to leave, the office is a catch all for mail and array of papers. You couldn't see the top, it was so piled up. I didn't get a very good impression of the whole place.

This is the perfect place for my Mom. Not super fancy like some, but has all the amenities and comforts she needs. The apartments are roomier than most we saw, and the managers are very friendly and helpful. They even changed out the LED light bulbs (which Mom hates) for standard ones at her request. [Removed] and his staff are wonderful, very welcoming and accommodating. This hasn't been an easy transition for Mom, but I'm confident that she'll enjoy being here at The Courtyard once she gets used to it.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We aim to help older independent people live better and are excited to help your mom do this. We hope to see you soon!

We are quite happy

This facility is serving to be quite successful and we are quite happy with the. The property is not new but my love one does have a nice apartment. I don’t have any negative criticism. I rate the staff team very high, they are doing a great job tending to my love one. No problems what so ever. I recommend them to others that may be looking in to their options.

Wonderfull

I love the courtyard so many friendly people, the staff is awesome and the food is great. I just moved in a few days ago and am all set up. I never thought it would be so easy to make the move and have everything done so fast. I am really happy and glad I moved here.

Wonderfull

Perfect For Our Needs

We were looking for a place for my 85 year old mother in law. She needed the right balance of affordability, amenities, and access to her familiar neighborhood. This... had it all. I actually thought it was too good to be true, and that my sister-in-law surely had misunderstood at their visit. We (the family) continue to visit her, and continue to be impressed with the staff, the upbeat attitude, and all there is to offer here. To be honest, making this change was, and is, very difficult for my mother-in-law. To give up her home, and a facet of her independence is a challenging phase of life. But Courtyard understands that, and supports each of their residents wherever he or she is in the process, from what I can see. We appreciate [Removed] and everyone there. (I probably could write a book, but don't think anyone *actually* wants to read one.)

AWFUL PLACE!

Awful place -- doesn't listen to residents; allows signal blockers to keep me from speaking with my family member! Do not put your family here -- they treat them badly plus YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TALK TO THEM unless you spend a small fortune wiring the place correctly.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Namibia, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I like to thank you for reaching out to share these comments with us. I am very concerned by them, however, and would value and appreciate the chance to speak with you regarding them. To be clear, we do not have or permit the use of signal blockers..can you get in touch when you have the chance so we can learn more? We can be reached by phone at [removed] or email at [removed]. Thank yo Namibia, we hope to hear from you soon. --Katie

We are very happy with our decision to move my Mother here.

1. Dog poop all over, lawns
2. Leaking pipes
3. House keep not available as on lease agreement.

Holiday Retirement

Hello Anyonymous, Thank you so much for reaching out and providing this feedback! We are very concerned with the items you raise in your review, and would really like (and truly appreciate) the opportunity to touch base with you to connect on these topics - please, get in touch directly with our Resident Relations team when you can by calling [removed], or by writing at [removed]. We really hope to hear from you soon - thank you so much!

So far so good!

As far as I know, my friend is doing well at The Courtyard at Lakewood. The only thing he has mentioned that needs improvement is the food, it's not his favorite. Other than that, the place is clean and it's going well.

Courtyard at Lakewood - Lakewood CO

Dirty halls and front lounge. Food is poor quality.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, My name is Katie, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your honest feedback, although I am very sorry to hear this was your experience and that we did not meet your expectations. We will be absolutely sure to look into this, as we do our absolute best to maintain a clean, welcoming environment for our residents, their families, and our caring staff. Thank you once again so much for bringing this to our attention and for sharing your honest feedback with us - we appreciate it, and you!

My Favorite!

I really liked The Courtyard at Lakewood because of the location. It was down town. I liked the way it looked and it had everything my mother needed. The thing my mother did not like was how far it was from her home.

Dirty, smelled like cigarettes

Holiday Retirement

Hello Janet, Thank you for taking the time to visit us and for reaching out with your feedback after. We are sorry to hear this was your impression of our community, and want to confirm for others reading this that smoking is not allowed in common rooms and areas. We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Janet, and invite you back anytime, now or down the road! Take good care, and thanks again for reaching out

Courtyard at Lakewood - Lakewood CO

I visited my sister & brother-in-law and stayed in a room during that time. The meals were balanced, delicious, and served efficiently by courteous staff. People living there were friendly & initiated appropriate contact. The managers were without flaw & went beyond the norm to help me. Would highly recommend.

All in all it is a pretty good place!!

The front office staff and management is great. They are working with me on some minor issues and they are very accommodating. The community is a little pricey, however they do have a lot of strong points. The food is great most of the time. The community is clean. I have a nice room with a full refrigerator. They offer a lot of activities including bingo and poker. I would recommend this community with some reservations.

Terrible Food!
Poor Maintenance
Inappropriate Residents (Alzheimer’s memory logs)

Holiday Retirement

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Although we do wish it were more positive, we always appreciate when folks provide us their feedback. If you would like to share any other comments with us that may help improve the experience we work so hard to provide our residents - please do let us know! We are always looking to improve and be even better than we were the day before. Thank you so much!

I love this Courtyard and I am doing all in my powers to move in within the next 6 months. I'm selling my house and coming to a new beginning. Nothing is as nice and warm as the Courtyard at Lakewood. Can't wait to call it home.

Nice spacious apartment (I have the larger floor plan).
Very good entertainment. Both live and various group activities.
Food – generally a good variety of choices.

I am doing ok at The Courtyard!

The administration is going through a reorganization and in the process let one of the best employees go. The staff are good and any issues are immediately addressed. The community is kept clean. The food sometimes leaves a little to be desired. They have a lot of activities. Randy at this community has been so caring, helpful and concerned. If anyone asks me about this community I would have some favorable reviews.

A Good Fit

My husband is doing as well as expected in his new community. His care is going great and I believe it is a good fit for him. There are lots of available extra care near him and even access to the light rail. We are happy and A Place For Mom was wonderful help.

Good Value

This community is nice. We had lunch, and the food was somewhat over-cooked. If my mom were to move into this community she would be able to stay active. The price was a good value. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.

Horrible...

I didn't even want to go in here, from the outside it looks like a rundown hotel in a terrible neighborhood, right by the lightrail-who would put a retirement community in this area?! Management is very "sales-y" and I don't trust them. The apartments are dark, smell like smoke and open onto a concrete "courtyard" which is awful. Residents are not friendly, I don't care if it's cheaper than most places, there's a reason for it

Holiday Retirement

We are very sorry to hear this was your experience with us at the Courtyard at Lakewood, Karen L., but appreciate you sharing it with us nonetheless. Your feedback plays an integral role in our customer service, and we always appreciate any opportunity we get to receive feedback and hear how we're doing. We are very sorry to hear you found the light rail's close proximity to be a deterrent. Even with scheduled transportation available to our residents, many of them find it very helpful in maintaining independence in keeping connected to the rest of the city. We certainly understand it may not be for everybody though, and want to express our gratitude for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.Thank you!

Not a Very Active Community

I had a fine tour of this facility. The facility was nice and presentable. From what I saw everything is nice and clean. It just wasn't the community for me. I wanted a place with more of a sense of community. The staff was nice and friendly. It was a decent tour, just wasn't the place from me.

They have a lot of activities for the residents!!!

My grandma has lived at The Courtyard for about a month and so far she is adjusting well. The staff seem nice and they are giving her a welcome party. They try and make sure she is out of her room and participating in meals and activities. The community is clean and they clean her room once a week. She loves the food and I would recommend this community.

Warm Caring Staff They Are Really Great

My parents are doing great at this community. They really care about their residents. I really enjoy the staff, they have been very friendly and welcoming. They keep the community very clean and everything looks nice and neat. There are many activities for the residents to choose from. The meals are nice and hot. I've tried the food and it tastes great. They are caring for my parents very well.

Mom Likes It

My mother seems to like this place and has adjusted very well. This is a nice community with friendly residents. It took the staff a while to get my mother's TV and the doors to her room, but since then they have changed management and things are working out better. She loves the activities, she likes playing bingo and the ice cream socials. The meals are great and the food taste good. Everyone from the staff to the residents is very kind and I would recommend this community.

Doing well

We are happy that we found this place for my Dad and he is doing well. So far, we do not have any complaints about the staff or the facility. Overall, we are having a good experience at The Courtyard.

great staff

The staff is doing a great job. We're fairly new to the facility. The food is great. The building is a older and outdated but overall it's a good place.

We have been there for a month only and so far everything is good. No complaints or anything we think they can improve.

High turnover rate

This facility is pretty old and needs quite a bit of work. Although it is old, they do keep it clean to the best of their ability it seems. The staff is always nice and professional, but they have a high turnover rate.

I really like it

The courtyard At Lakewood has been great. I really like it. Mom is doing really well there. They have had issues with their evening cooking staff. So the food hasn't been that good lately. They are aware of it though and are correcting it. Everything else has been great at this facility.

right by the light rai

The only problem at The Courtyard At Lakewood is they are right by the light rail. I don't think that is really anything they can change though. Overall it has been a good experience here. I am pretty pleased with everything.

Positive Experience

I think it has all been pretty good at The Couryard At Lakewood. All the staff members were pretty helpful in getting my loved on in there to the facility. It has been a positive experience with them so far.

It's a nice place, but I just don't think this is going to work

It's a nice place, but I just don't think this is going to work for my loved one. I am getting so many mixed messages from the courtyard about the bill. Everyone tells me something different. They don't have bingo until like 6:45 in the evening, I'm not sure what days but it's always at the same time, and that is very close to when my loved one goes to sleep. It would be helpful if they took credit cards as a form of payment.

High Turnover Rate

I would say they definitely need to improve on their kitchen help and timeliness of serving meals. Their turnaround rate seems to be going out the window lately. I don't even know who the managers are half the time because each time I go down there it seems like there is someone new taking over.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. You gave some very specific areas for opportunity, and we appreciate that. I've sent your concerns to our Resident Relations department for their review. If you have any other details to add, please know that you're welcome to call them as well at [removed].

Thanks,
Katie

very friendly, nurturing, and kind

My mother actually never stayed at The Courtyard At Lakewood. We went there to check it out, thought the people were great, and were ready to move her in then she changed her mind and decided she did not want to. That was to no fault of the folks there, as they were all very friendly, nurturing, and kind. All the residents were very friendly as well. I really thought they were great. The facility itself is a little old and there is some wear and tear but for the most part it is kept up well.

The staff really cares.

I like it very much. The staff really cares. The Courtyard At Lakewood is a really good community. It is very clean and well kept. Everyone is very friendly and kind. The care services are excellent.

It seems to be good, so far there are no big issues.

I don't live in the nearby, but I was there for moving day, and the first little bit. We have known others that have lived here before. It seems to be good, so far there are no big issues. The other people we knew that lived here were fine with it as well.

So far so good.

So far so good. I haven't had any major complaints so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly. I don't get complaints about food, or haven't gotten any yet at least. So far it's working out well, and we are pretty happy with them.

Maybe Not

The Courtyard at Lakewood had potential to be a beautiful place for seniors; however, corporate has not kept up with the maintenance or put any money into this facility in a long time. Unfortunately there are MANY maintenance concerns that go unaddressed. Leaky roof and garage, bursting pipes, constantly breaking elevators and laundry facilities just to name a few. Safety has also become quite an issue. My mother lived there for a year and we could not get her out fast enough. Except for the friendliness of the assistant managers (who have since left) and the friendliness of the residents, there is very little nice to say about this facility.

Worth checking out

It has only been a short time for my mom living here but so far it has been good. The layout of the place makes it very easy for elderly people to get around.
I could probably be of more service after a couple of months time. There may be a slight problem with maintenance.

One elevator with questionable stairs.

We toured here while we were looking into options. There was only one elevator. It was right at lunchtime, and it was really busy, the guy who was showing me around suggested we take the stairs, and I realized my loved one would never have been able to navigate the stairs in an emergency. They were like really bad fire escape stairs.

HOME

I recently moved into the Courtyard at Lakewood, and was greeted and welcomed by the staff and residence. Being Native American, and a Veteran, I found that others here are interested in other cultures and found it easy to share experiences. I'm glad that I can call the Courtyard at Lakewood, "HOME" !

I think the price for this place is a...

I think the price for this place is a little high. If I could change one thing about it, it would definitely be the price. Also, they've recently had a change of staff, so I'm not sure how to rate them. The food is good though - I would give that a 4. There's a decent variety.

Fair Pricing

Everything looked nice. I like the size of the rooms and they have fair pricing.

Middle of the Road

My parent lives here and it is a middle of the road environment but was within the budget. Not fancy; apartments are not updated; cleaning is not very thorough in the individual apartments nor in the dining area; and carpets aren't shampooed on a regular basis. All residents eat at the same time, thus, food service is slow and cumbersome; restaurant-style would be much better so residents could pick their mealtime. The maids during the day also serve breakfast and lunch. The food is so so and the menu choices are not necessarily the best choices for a heart healthy diet. The residents are pretty friendly but field activities are limited to those who can climb into the van since there is no lift. The price was reasonable at the time of the move in but current prices are too high when compared to newer communities. The new pricing is the same you would pay at a newer community where the bathrooms are larger and are more handicap accessible and the apartments are updated. Pets are allowed which is fine, but the community has a real problem with pet waste from not only the resident pets but also neighborhood pets; neighbors by the Courtyard let their pets use the community's lawn and don't pick up after their pets. The community has a big turnover in management due to either a bad fit with the residents or the corporate office moving management teams too much. In the last few years, there have been at least 5 different management teams brought in; however, being a co-manager is a difficult job so ultimately there aren't too many people that have a true heart for seniors and their care. At one point there was a management team that got upset when disturbed during the night. This community could use a good revival to lift resident and manager morale.

Good location for me; rooms are prett...

Good location for me; rooms are pretty nice; like the hallways; food seems good; balcony; west side is really nice view; can negotiate price down it seems; activities & errands transportation is good; not fancy; seems warm & friendly

Conveniently situated in a quiet suburb of Denver, you’ll enjoy the benefits of living near a big city with all the peace and quiet of a secluded home tucked away in the hills. We’re close to several shopping malls and all of the entertainment, healthcare, history, sports venues and restaurants that Denver has to offer.
Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind