Brookdale Lakewood - Lakewood, CO

Brookdale Lakewood - Lakewood, CO has yet not published prices.

We enjoyed [name removed] meeting and tour with us. She answered most of our questions thoroughly. The facility appears well kept and the staff we did meet were friendly. As this was our first tour, we have nothing to compare it to at this point..

Not impressed right now

My mom is in this smaller community she has a cute studio. I have mixed emotions. But they have been very understaffed and I've made several complaints because they say her call light was broke. [removed] has been a big help, when I couldn’t reach corporate I called her and she helped me get in touch with them. So 1 day she called for an hour and a half to use the restroom and she finally did it herself and could have fallen. So they said her call light was fixed but it happened again and she had fallen and used call light and laid on the floor for 30-45 min and noone came luckily she crawled to her cell phone at 90 yrs old and called the front desk. I just feel that is negligent and can be fixed. The facility itself is nice and her room is always clean they will do her laundry and make her bed. She gets 3 good meals a day. They will try to engage her with the activities.

[Removed]called 9/27/17. The units do not have kitchens. She said it was a state-wide assisted living law.

My tour of Brookdale

This was a nice looking community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community seems to accommodate different dietary needs. This community was just a little farther away than what we were looking for.

Care and comfort for mom

I like this community for care. the staff is outstanding and very attentive. The community is one level and that is what we wanted for her to be able to get around the community. They do have activities for the residents. The menu is appealing and she is happy with the nice variety. We would recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one. We liked that this community was close to home so that we are able to visit often

No complaints

I really can't of anything they can improve. They seem to be doing their best to ensure my mother is comfortable. They do offer exercise classes in the memory care section and she can attend them when she wants to. The meals are okay but I'm not sure they offer an alternative menu or explained to her she can order off of it. I think the people are really nice.

A good choice!

My friends move into Brookdale Lakewood turned out to be a very good thing. The people there are very nice and he seems to be very happy. It is comfortable and clean, so far it has been a good experience.

Nice facility. Studio only, separate buildings. Close to Wadsworth. Private Pay. eliminate from search

A Frustrating Place

There are some very nice people there and some I could do without. Shifts do not communicate as well with each other as needed. Felt my parent was mostly safe, but this residence did not resemble the care shown on their commercials. For one, this building was understaffed. I won't go into all the small things that annoyed me; just say I would not like to have a relative there without a family member to act as advocate.

They are pretty adamant about getting paid on time. However, it takes forever to get a refund after your family member dies or leaves.

We loved the setting and the unit we picked out.

We liked this community and had put down a deposit, unfortunately due to some health issues my loved one was not able to move into this community. I did have a minor issue with the marketing person about them not moving in, however I contacted the wonderful director and they took care of the situation. The community is nice and the rest of the staff I met were friendly and helpful.

A good tour!

This community was a little larger than what we were looking for. It seemed to be for more independent people. It is an older yet clean community and the staff were nice.

Very Impressed!!

I can not say enough good things about my tour of this community, the staff was excellent and the building is just beautiful. I was amazed at the size of the bedrooms and all of the wonderful amenities they had to offer. There was lots of storage space as well as natural light through the entire apartment. Overall I was very impressed with this place and plan to move my mom in here very soon.

So far so good!!

Mom speaks highly of the staff and they seem friendly. They encourage her to participate in the daily activities. She enjoys the food. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend Brookdale.

A Different Feeling From Visit

It was a nice and clean community to visit. The apartments were a nice size but it did not have the little kitchen nook area. It just had a gloomy feeling when walking around. We did not meet any residents, and we just did not see anyone around. They were not a right fit for us.

Mom's Assistance

This community is nice. The staff is good,but my mom needs a little push in participating to keep her active with others. The meals are appealing here and a variety. Very clean and well taken care of.

Brookdale Lakewood

Beautiful setting, with good care. Caregivers sometimes need prompting to provide care to resident. Staff willing to listen and work to resolve challenges.

I enjoyed our tour !!

The marketing director I worked with was nice and helpful. The staff I met were friendly and willing to answer questions. This community is clean, however I felt the cost was a little to much. I would live at Brookdale Lakewood.

I'am Satisfied With This Community

I'am pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. The only thing I would say that needs improvement is the food. The meals taste bland, they need more flavor. The staff is great, they are helpful and courteous. There are activities offered for the residents. I know she is being cared for well. They have been very responsive to my concerns. They have provided us with great service. I would recommend this community.

Beautiful setting, and caring staff helped bridge the transition to assisted living for our mom. With gratitude, 💜

Review of Brookdale Lakewood-Lakewood, CO

The people in the sales department are very compassionate and caring when your time of need is the greatest. All the caregivers are exceptionally trained and seems to really care about the residents. The remaining staff try to make your life as normal as possible. I highly recommend their facility.

Had To Buy A Lot Of Things For Her Room

There was a lot of things that we were not aware of involving the move into the community. I wish the management would had explained that we were going to have to supply a lot of her needs for her room. We had to buy towels and sheets and even a trash can for her room. I thought these things were included but they were not. I would say to anyone thinking about senior living is to make sure you realize that all exclusive does not really mean exclusive you will still have to get a lot of things for your loved one and just ask the community what you will need to get for your loved one.

Brookdale Lakewood, RB

The quality and taste of the food is sub par. The care has been great overall; but some caregivers are better than others. Most of our issues have been addressed and taken care of with a very positive and helpful attitude. Parking is limited and an issue. Overall we are very pleased.

Would Absolutely Recommend

Moving my Grandmother into Brookdale Lakewood was a great decision for not only myself but for her as well. Mentally, she was ready for the transition which made t easier seeing as how she is 96 and set in her ways. Being there she's made some friends and participates in Bingo which she really enjoys and has even gained some weight since being there. She complains about the figure but i figure that's what old people do and seeing as how she is gaining weight the food can't be that bad. It has definitely given me a peace of mind knowing that she is safe although there is an issue that has concerned me. We are paying to have someone assist her in dressing but as I said she is set in her ways and if someone is not there when she wakes up she'll do it herself. We are still trying to figure out how to get this problem solved. All in all a great experience.

A little slow, but great.

Great Facility. We are pleased with everything. The one thing that stood out was that I thought the medical team could been a little faster respond to a situation. They seemed a little slow. other than that, everything is great.

They are doing an okay job.

They are doing an okay job. It doesn't seem that you get the personalized care they advertise. They have maybe 4 workers to 25 residents. There are things that if we aren't there, they don't necessarily get done. It's a clean place and it looks nice and the people are nice enough it seems. They just seem severely understaffed. They were a little more expensive than other places we looked at as well.

They are doing great so far.

They are doing great so far. I don't have any complaints at this time. I would give them a five.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Very happy with the care my loved one is receiving here.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Mom has lived here almost 5 years and overall I would say it's been a good experience. Staff turnover has been really high so I'm constantly having to inform the CG of mom's needs. Most of the CG's are very caring and sensitive to mom's needs. All the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Very happy with this place so far! It is a great community.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Great programs, good care, clean, friendly.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Both my mother and father have dementia and have lived in this community for about 9 months so far. We find the staff highly professional and caring to the people that live here. I highly recommend this community for your loved ones. The nursing staff and administrators are also highly professional and caring. They are excellent to work with.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

A comfortable place -- with "like home" surroundings. Very welcoming. The food is always great when we eat with my aunt. The staff is attentive and nice. It's been fun getting to know some of my aunt's neighbors -- very wonderful residents.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

It was a nice experience. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Overall it's a great experience.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

I am so glad that we decided that our best friend Pati should live in an awesome community as this. The staff is always so helpful. It is nice and clean and they have wonderful residents. You are all awesome.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

My mother has lived here for 2 years this June and our only assisted living experience. There has been a huge improvement in her care and overall management of facility in last years, with change in director and support staff as key. Kudos to Louise and Joanne in health and wellness, on all the changes in protocols and care associates staff.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Great care here! Very happy.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Great care, we are very happy here.

Review of Brookdale Lakewood in Lakewood, CO

Very nice, the care is very good.

Great care.

The food is great

The facility is clean. The food is great. The only issue here is that the staff is not very warm, they are kind of cold. The Brookdale Lakewood is a pretty good community. I just think that the staff should be a little warmer.

Cannot care for bowel-incontinence regardless of what they say.

Most of the staff is very nice and helpful, but the care they were able to give my mom was horrendous. Upon sign-up with the facility, we were assured they could care for her bowel incontinence. However, EVERY TIME one of us, her children, visited, which was pretty much daily, there was a horrible mess to clean up. I would arrive, see the mess, tell someone about it and then they would, very nicely, go and clean it up. I NEVER arrived to a clean room.

Brookdale Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Lisa called me on Saturday ...

Lisa called me on Saturday and I drove over to talk with her and toured the facility. Lisa was very knowledgeable and pleasant. The set-up for the Memory Care is good. However, I'm not certain a separate unit will be as enticing to my mother as a unit connected to the main facility.

Good

A little early to have a meaningful review but so far this seems like a good place. I do wish they would better respect my request to limit the hot chocolate drinks they provide to my Mom; she is a diabetic after all.

Strong contender if they accept dad

I looked at them strongly, they actually worked with our budget, they kind of found a way budget wise to get my parents in there but then they did an assessment on my dad and said they couldn't take him so I was very disappointed. They're actually talking to me now and they want to re evaluate dad, I don't think his behavior was as bad as it was when they first looked at him, he definitely has dementia, he's definitely confused, but he's not aggressive. It would be nice because then my parents could be together.

Excellent Care

My husband has been there for three weeks and so far he is getting excellent care. The caregivers are nice and available to him. He is doing as well as can be expected.

This one is a viable candidate when I...

This one is a viable candidate when I need assisted living.

Liked the facility and proximity to o...

Liked the facility and proximity to one of the family members.

Brookdale Lakewood on South Wadsworth Boulevard offers assisted living and Alzheimer's and dementia care for seniors in Lakewood, Colorado. We are conveniently nearby many restaurants, shops and parks that our residents enjoy frequently visiting.

Our community offers four different floor plans to choose from, ranging from 370 square feet to 665 square feet, allowing our residents to choose a space that's right for them.

Watch a movie by our cozy fireplace, socialize with friends on our outdoor patios or get pampered in our beauty/barber shop, at Brookdale Lakewood there is something for everyone to enjoy. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Computer class
Wii Sports
Art classes
Garden club
Massage
Putting class

At Brookdale Lakewood we consider ourselves family. We provide the extra assistance our residents may need with daily activities, while helping each individual maintain privacy, dignity and independence.

Resident input is taken when planning our monthly calendar and menus to ensure we are planning events and meals everyone in the community is excited about partaking in. You will feel at home the second you walk through our doors.