The Meridian - Westland - Lakewood, CO

Beautiful Facility!

This facility is beautiful. The staff is really caring and the meals are awesome! They always have activities and my Mother is kept as busy as she wants to be. She is really making a lot of friends which keeps her very involved.

[name removed] was very informative. Great tour. I felt very relaxed their. I was excited to hear about there green ware ceramics, [name removed] use to teach these type of classes in her home. She also is very involved with jewelry making and they have some type of that there along with painting. [name removed] would enjoy the jewelry making as well since he make men's as well as citing and polishing gems. [name removed] is an accordion player. He use to play in many bands and travel around the state. He would totally enjoy the polka music when it comes for a concert there. The loves all kind of music. I spoke with a few residents there and it just feels like the right fit for them. It is less than 5 miles from our home which is a huge plus as well.

Nice place. They seemed to have the option for move someone into nursing, but my Aunt [Removed] felt it wasn't very clean. Didn't find out about pharmaceutical on the site.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I was pleased with the presentation that we had received. The staff where kind and where patient with all of our questions. They had a spacious dinning room as well common area spaces. I thought they had a nice floor plan and a lot of great amenities for the residents it was just not the right fit in the end decision for her.

Bigger Community!!

I thought the staff where very friendly to me during my tour I had taken of this community and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. It was just way to big of a property and I thought it was very crowded. The city is located in was also not my favorite. Its a very small cramped town. In the end decision I just decided it was not for me and I wanted something a little smaller and not so busy.

My mom's care

The care at this community is wonderful. The staff is caring. The staff is very friendly and attentive to her needs. My mom is hoping that the menu will improve over time. I am very happy knowing that my mom is active with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Don't hesitate! Move your parents sooner than later!

I used to work in a similar Independsnt Living facility and knew what to expect "from the inside".
My parents are enjoying the Meridian. The residents and staff are very friendly and welcoming.
It is a big life change, as they have also given up driving their own car and rely on the van transportation, which includes waiting on both ends and the loss of instant freedom to go where they want when they want. However, they agree it is for the good. There are plenty of stores, doctors and all services available within the 5 mile transportation area.
Their main complaint was that the food was so good when they moved in, but their chef quit (lots of kitchen turnover in the last year according to residents), and now Meridian has chosen to get by without a chef and have the regular staff do the cooking. I have found the meals acceptable, but not as good as before. This is a common complaint at ANY facility like this. (The kitchen staff work like dogs and aren't paid that much, so many chefs often move on.)
The building is safe, clean and beautiful. There are interesting activities and entertainment; more than they can even participate in.
The handyman fixes everything in a timely fashion and the staff is very responsive, kind, patient and helpful.
I would highly recommend this place if your parents aren't thriving any longer. They will eat better, get more exercise and human interaction, as well as become part of a community instead of becoming more isolated. It is expensive, but was one of the more affordable in my area. Sometimes you can negotiate on price. Good luck, and ask for a free 2 night trial stay! I had my parents do a trial stay 10 years ago and it took the fear out of the move for them.
FYI-This is a popular place, and you most likely will be on a waiting list.

Really Happy Here

Everything went quite smoothly with The Meridian. We were impressed with the kitchen and the food and it was all very good. Overall we are really happy with the place and my loved one is happy with it too.

food is okay

I find it very nice here at The Meridian. I have not been here very long. I do really like it though. It is so friendly and organized. The food is okay sometimes but other times it is not. Most of the residents are discouraged with the food. They have a lot of activities here. I haven't been able to utilize them yet but look forward to. I would recommend this facility to anyone.

very happy

We have only been in there for about a month, and so far things have been really good. We are very happy. The staff are all great, very friendly and welcoming. We like the kind of activities that they have. We are still in the process of getting acclimated, but so far things have been great.

They have gone the extra mile with us. They have gone above and beyond to provide the care for my father. They have done very well with providing us with information on services we had no idea existed.

The Meridian has been fine.

The Meridian has been fine. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. I haven't had any complaints or concerns, so far. I'm pretty happy with them. I would give them a five.

clean place and caring staff

The place is kind of hilly and it’s hard to push a wheel chair, but my dad likes it a lot. The place is clean and the staff keeps an eye on him. I would recommend it to others. I feel at ease knowing that my dad is taken care of and I know that he likes it here.

Very Nice Facility - It is working well for Parent

the over all property is a 4 star property it is very very nice the staff is great the facility is clean inside and outside i gave the cleanliness a rating of a 4 i gave the friendliness a rating of a 5 they are very friendly there and its value to me is a 4 star rating

They are doing an awesome job so far.

They are doing an awesome job so far. It's perfect for her, I don't have any complaints, about food or anything. They are keeping her active. She is very happy there, I was worried about the adjustment, and I was afraid it would be hard on her, but it's working out well so far.

They are doing a good job.

They are doing a good job. It's clean, and the staff is attentive. My only concern is that the laundry facilities we were shown when we toured, are only for the staff. The laundry facility that she has to use is much further, and she has gotten a little lost. There are no issues with the food so far. They have a great variety of activities. Everything else is good, it's just the laundry thing.

This is our first pick. We like this the best and are wanting to negotiate an apartment in this location for my dad. I enjoyed the staff and the guests. The grounds are unique. There is plenty of outdoor space.

They are above average with everything.

They are above average with everything. I would highly recommend them. The issues we are having are with our loved one, not the community. The cleanliness, the staff all of that is very good. The food is good, and they respond quickly all of that is good. We are happy with them.

great property outside, nic...

great property outside, nice dining facilities but dinners end at 6pm, flexible schedule, nice decks for each room, forgot to ask about hoyer lifts

My Mom Needed More Care

They don't have any levels of care that I was looking for. The residents had to be able to get to and from the bathroom on their own and my mom can't do that. It was a beautiful place though. I think their one bedroom apartments started at 2500. I didn't get a chance to check if that price included meals or not.

Care Staff Wasn't Trained Well

We were trying to get some help with my wife and we felt that the care assistance that we were getting there was not great. They didn't seem to be very well trained so that was a problem for us. Othewise the staff was nice and friendly.

Independent living. One bedroom groun...

Independent living. One bedroom ground floor balcony.Could have companion to walk. emergency pull cords. Punch card covers 2 meals a day. Hallways long and narrow. Must be able to transfer out of wheelchair. $2600 one bedroom full kitchen handicap room. Can have car. Could help with laundry. Clean every 2 weeks, change sheets & towels every week. Movie room.

Too expensive

Too expensive

The Meridian Westland A Brookdale Community

“Your Story Continues Here.” The genuine familiar feeling of home is real. Our amenities, conveniences, features, services, signature programs and benefits serve each resident in all the places life can go...

We are just minutes from all that the city has to offer yet nestled on 12 acres with tree lined paved walking paths, courtyards and patios along a lovely stream in the quiet of the beautifully established Applewood area and the Foothills, between Kipling and Simms just south of 20th Avenue in west Lakewood.

With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones.

Meridian Westland features its own putting green, library, hair salon, bistro, arts center, fitness center, card room, activities room, billiards room, garden room as well as outdoor raised gardens and a beautifully appointed sunlit two-story spacious atrium with grand staircase.

Our full service Mountain View Dining Room is open 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM daily and offers breakfast lunch and dinner. Our Gourmet Chef prepared meals delight our residents their friends, family, our guests and staff.

Our community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. The spacious apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with large walk-in closets, private balconies, individual climate control and full kitchens.

Brookdale/Meridian Westland works with individuals, their families and support circle to create a personalized living plan within a diverse independent senior population looking for a Senior Living Solution where aging in place is a real possibility.

We join our residents and community together in an optimum happy healthy lifestyle which enhances our community as a whole while speaking to the needs wishes and expectations of each unique individual who comes here searching for their next home and their “continued story.”